Delhi University starts online registration for DU Admission 2018 on 15 May 2018. From day 1, several students fill DU Admission Form 2018. Today, the application form for undergraduate (UG) programs is issued. From 18 May 2018 onwards, students can apply for PG programs, then from 20 May 2018, students can apply for M.Phil/PhD programs. The DU Admission 2018 online registration process is easier this time with some new features. Know all about registration process here from this page on AglaSem. You can also ask your queries in comments below.
DU Admission 2018 begins today, 15 May 2018, at admission.du.ac.in. Apply online before the last date!
DU Admission 2018: Online Registration Started for UG Programs At admission.du.ac.in on 15 May 2018
Candidates who wish to get admission in Delhi University should now apply online. The online application form is to remain available for a limited period of time only. Key highlights are as follows.
- You can apply online for all UG programs through admission portal admission.du.ac.in. Follow instructions laid down by DU. There is no offline form.
- Delhi University allows you to select more than one programme through single DU admission form 2018.
- An important feature introduced in DU admission 2018 is that you can opt for merit based as well as entrance based courses through same form.
- All payments for application fee have to be paid using credit card / debit card / netbanking / UPI.
- You should complete all mandatory fields that have a red asterisk against it on every page. Also, you should upload all necessary documents in DU Admission Form 2018.
What’s New In DU Admission Form 2018
1. You can now register online for merit-based and entrance-based exams from same online application form of DU admission 2018.
2. Delhi University has tied up with CBSE to directly get your scores. Since most applicants are from CBSE, this step has been taken. So if you studied in CBSE board, then when you fill your CBSE class 12 roll number in DU admission form 2018, the form will automatically fetch your marks.
3. There is a new course by the name of “Five Year Integrated Course In Journalism“. It is in faculty of social sciences. Admission to it is on basis of DU Entrance Exam 2018. So if you are eligible for it, and want to pursue it, you can apply for it.
4. An important announcement for students who seek DU admission 2018 through ECA/sports category. You can now upload three certificates instead of one. Please note that you should upload three certificates separately.
DU UG Admission 2018 On Basis Of Entrance Test
Delhi University will hold entrance exams for admission to following UG programs in academic session 2018-19. Candidates can download DU Admit Card 2018 after applying, as per schedule. Those who opt for DU admission 2018 to these programs must appear in their entrance exams.
|Name Of Faculty||UG Program – Entrance Based|
|Faculty of Applied Social Sciences and Humanities|
|Cluster Innovation Centre|
|Faculty of Education||Bachelors of Elementary Education|
|Faculty of Inter-disciplinary & Applied Sciences||Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, Health Education & Sports|
|Indraprastha College for Women||B.A. (Honours) Multimedia and Mass Communication|
|Music and Fine Arts||Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in|
|Faculty of Social Sciences||Five Year Integrated Programme in Journalism in Delhi School of Journalism|
DU UG Admission 2018 On Basis Of Entrance Test
Delhi University will only release cutoffs for admission to following UG programs in academic session 2018-19. Candidates can check DU Cut Off 2018 at du.ac.in as per schedule from June onwards. Each college of Delhi University publishes separate cut off.
|Name Of Faculty||UG Program – Merit Based|
|Faculty of Arts||B.A. Prog., B.A. (Hons.) in Arabic, Bengali, English, French, German, Italian, Hindi, Persian, Philosophy, Psychology, Applied Psychology, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Spanish, and Urdu|
|Faculty of Social Sciences||B.A. (Hons.) in Economics, Geography, History, Political Sciences, Social Work, and Sociology|
|Faculty of Commerce & Business Studies||B.Com, B.Com(Hons)|
|Faculty of Applied Social Sciences & Humanities||B.A. (Hons.) in Hindi Patrakarita, Journalism, B.Voc. in Health Care Management, Retail Management & IT, Web Designing, Printing Technology, Banking Operations, Software Development, Advanced Diploma in TV Programme & News Production.|
|Faculty of Mathematical Sciences||B.Sc. in Mathematical Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science|
|Faculty of Sciences/ Inter-Disciplinary and Applied Sciences||B.Sc.(Hons.) in Anthropology, Bio-Chemistry, Bio-Medical Science, Biological Sciences, Botany, Chemistry, Electronics, Food Technology, Geology, Home Science, Instrumentation, Microbiology, Physics, Polymer Sciences, Zoology. B.Sc. Applied Physical Sciences (Analytical Methods in Chemistry and Biochemistry), Applied Physical Sciences (Industrial Chemistry), Applied Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, Bachelor of Science (Pass) – Home Science|
DU Admission 2018: Applying Through ECA/Sports Category
If you are applying for admission in Delhi University through ECA or sports category, then you should specify that in online registration. There is an additional fee of Rs 100 each for applying under this quota.
Make Correction In DU Admission Form 2018
If you have made an error in DU application form 2018, then you can correct it online. In order to do that, you have to use the “edit” button at end of each session till you do not complete online registration. You can make corrections until DU online registration 2018 is open and you have not yet paid fee.
Candidates need to register again if they make a mistake in form.
DU Cut Off 2018
DU Admission 2018 for merit based programs involve declaration of DU Cut Off 2018. Cutoffs for Delhi University admission 2018 are going to be available from June onwards. Candidates may note that DU admission 2018 is not on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Those who have applied by filling and submitting DU online registration 2018, and they satisfy eligibility criteria, and meet DU cut off 2018, will get admission in college as per DU admission schedule 2018.
Upon announcement of cutoff, candidates can only take admission in one college one course. No one can take admission simultaneously in two different courses or same courses in different colleges.
DU Admission 2018: Important Point For Different Students
Gap Year Students
Students who have a gap year often ask if they are at any disadvantage. Delhi University has made it clear that no gap year student has any disadvantage. You just need to meet DU admission 2018 eligibility criteria requirement.
Candidates Without Mathematics
Those who did not study mathematics in class 12th cannot study B.A (H) Economics / B.Com (H)/ BMS/BBA(FIA)/ BA (H) Business Economics in Delhi University.
Open School (NIOS) Students
Students from open schools can get admission in Delhi University. There is no such rule in DU Admission 2018 that bars National Institute of Open Schooling students.
Those who are applying under scheduled caste / scheduled tribe / other backward class / physically handicapped category, should have relevant document certificate in their own name.
Result awaited candidates
In DU Admission Form 2018, you should select “Awaited” in drop down menu of “Result Status” in “Academic Details” section. Nevertheless, you should fulfill minimum eligibility criteria at time of admission.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.