DU Admission Form 2019 – The University of Delhi has extended the last to fill and submit DU UG Admission Form 2019. Aspirants can apply online at du.ac.in or use the direct link below to register. The last date to submit application form for DU PG. MPhil and Ph.D course is June 17, 2019. To fill DU Form 2019, students need to first register by entering their basic details like name, email id, mobile number, etc. The fee varies from category and course. Check complete details on DU Admission Form 2019 from this page.
- Option Form for Armed Forces Category (CW) has been released. Scroll down to check the same.
- Registration is now closed for UG & PG Programmes.
Delhi University Admission Form 2019
The candidates are offered admission to the University of Delhi in two ways – Merit-Based and Entrance exam based. The registration is common for both and mandatory. Students can register for the Merit-Based and Entrance exam based through a single application only.
|DU Admission Form 2019||UG||PG||M.Phil / PhD|
|Online Registration Starts from||30 May 2019||03 June 2019||03 Jun 2019|
|Last date to submit DU Application Form 2019||17 Jun 2019||17 Jun 2019
- Click here to check the slot allocation for candidates in ECA Preliminary Trials.
- Click here to check the Important Instructions to Candidates.
- Click here for Option Form for Armed Forces Category (CW).
- Click Here to fill DU Admission Form 2019.
- Click Here to fill DU PG Admission Form 2019
- Login: Click Here to open DU Registration portal login.
|| दिल्ली यूनिवर्सिटी आवेदन पत्र 2019 हिंदी में – यहाँ से प्राप्त करे ||
DU UG 2019 Registration Statistics
As per the information provided on the DU official website, a total of 367895 total number of registrations have been done, out of which, a total of 258388 paid applications have been done. For the UR category, a total of 152478 number of applications were submitted, 55457 for OBC, 34262 for SC, 7100 for ST, 9091 for EWS.
DU Form 2019 Fee
There has been an increase in the amount of DU registration fee. Check the amount to pay for DU Form fee from the table below.
|UG (Merit-based)||UG (Entrance-based)||PG||Mphil / PhD|
|UR/OBC||Rs. 250||Rs. 750||Rs. 500||Rs. 500|
|SC/ST/PwD||Rs. 100||Rs. 300||Rs. 250/||Rs. 250/|
|Sports (Each Category)||Rs. 100||–||–||–|
|ECA (Each Category)||Rs. 100||–||–||–|
Mode of Payment – The aspirants need to pay the application fee for DU Admission 2019 by Online mode using Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking.
DU Admission 2019 Eligibility Criteria
In order to apply for DU Admission 2019-20, the students must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria for UG and PG courses. Only once the aspirants have verified the eligibility criteria, they can proceed to fill DU 2019 Forms. Given below is the general educational eligibility criteria required by the candidates:
- For admission in UG courses, students should have passed the class 12th exam from CBSE or its equivalent examination.
- To apply for admission in PG courses, they should have a Bachelor’s degree in the respective discipline for the course for which they wish to apply for.
- There is no minimum age requirement to apply for UG and PG courses.
Documents Required for DU Admission Form 2019
At the time of filling DU Application Form 2019, candidates should keep a photocopy of all the documents as listed below. On the photocopy of each document, you must sign and write “self-attested”. Then, scan all these self-attested copies and keep them saved on the device (laptop or mobile device) on which you will carry out the online registration. Check the list of the documents required to complete the online registration.
|Documents Required||UG||PG||MPhil / PhD|
|Passport size photograph||√||√||√|
|Scanned signature of the Applicant||√||√||√|
|Self-attested Class XII Mark-Sheet||√||√||√|
|Self-attested copy of Caste certificate, if applicable||√||√||√|
|Self-attested copies of Sports/ECA certificates, if applicable.||√||X||X|
|ID Proof (Self Attested) – Aadhar Card, Driving License, PAN Card, Voter’s Identity Card, Passport, College Identity Card||X||√||√|
DU Form 2019 – Photo and Sign Specification
The aspirants need to upload the scanned image of their passport size photograph and signature in the DU Application Form 2019. The images are to be uploaded as per the specification given below.
Image Specification for DU UG Admission Form 2019 – The size of the photo should be 2 inch x 2 inch (5 mm x 5 mm)
Image Specification for DU PG Admission Form 2019
|Images to Upload||File Size||Dimension||Format|
|Photograph||10 – 50 kb||100px (min. width) X 130px (min. height)||jpg/jpeg/png|
|Signature||10 – 50 kb||140px (min. width) X 60px (min. height)||jpg/jpeg/png|
|Self -Attested Class XII Mark Sheet||100 – 500 kb||–||jpg/jpeg/png|
|Class 10th Certificate (Self Attested)||100 – 500 kb||–||jpg/jpeg/png|
|Caste Certificate (Self Attested)||100 – 500 kb||–||jpg/jpeg/png|
Image specification for DU MPhil / PhD Admission Form 2019
|Images to Upload||Format||File Size|
|Photograph||JPG/ JPEG/ PNG||50KB|
|Signature||JPG/ JPEG/ PNG||50KB|
|ID proof||JPG/ JPEG/ PNG||100KB|
|Class 10th Certificate (Self Attested)||JPG/ JPEG/ PNG/ PDF||100KB|
|Caste Certificate (Self Attested||JPG/ JPEG/ PNG/ PDF||100KB|
How to Fill DU Application Form 2019?
In order to register and submit the DU Admission Form 2019, simply follow the instructions which are given below.
Step 1: Register Online
- Click on the direct link provided on this page for DU Admission 2019.
- Next, the aspirants need to register online by entering their Name, Date of Birth, Category, Gender, Nationality, CW category, Minority category, Select the University attended for Qualifying Exam, Mother/Father/Guardian’s Name.
- You will also have to provide your Email ID and Create a password for DU Admission Login.
- On entering all the necessary information in the registration form, click on the “Register” button.
- In the next screen, the candidates need to click on the link “Click here to save this information for future reference” which is a file, “Registration Detail.pdf” that can be saved in the applicant’s local device.
- After this, a confirmation mail is sent to the candidate’s registered email id and mobile number.
- Now, to proceed to the next step, the aspirants need to visit the UG Admission portal home page by clicking on the link, “Continue to homepage” on the left side of the screen.
Step 2: Log in to DU Admission 2019 Homepage
- Once the candidates have successfully registered, they need to log in to the DU Admission portal of their respective course.
- To log in, you need to enter your registered email id and password.
- Click on the login button to submit the details.
Step 3: Fill in Details in the DU Application Form
- After you have logged in, you must read the declaration and accept it before starting the online registration process by clicking “Continue”.
- The application form is divided into eight tabs which are – Personal Details, Bank Details, Academic Details, Merit based Course Selection, Entrance based Course Selection, Sportband Emails, ECA.
The details to be entered in the DU Admission Form 2019 are as follows:
- Name of the Candidate – This field is automatically filled in as per the details submitted at the time of registration.
- Email ID – This field is also automatically filled in as per the details submitted at the time of registration.
- Mobile Number – Though the candidates had to give their mobile number in the registration form, however, they can also update it if they wish to.
- Gender – Choose your relevant gender
- Date of Birth – You need to provide your DOB as it appears on the applicant’s class 10th certificate.
- Aadhaar Card Number – Enter your aadhaar number, if it is available.
- Category – Select your category from the drop-down menu
- Mother’s Name and Citizenship – This is a mandatory field to be filled by the candidate.
- Address – Here, you will have to enter your complete home address. Tick the checkbox, if the permanent address is same as the correspondence address
Once you have entered all the necessary Personal Details, click on the “Submit” button and then click on the “Next” tab.
- In this section, the candidates need to provide their Bank details for the refund of fee in case of cancellation of admission.
- You shall have to enter your bank account number and IFSC and other important details.
- Name of the Class 10th Board – Choose the name of Class XII Board from the drop-down menu
- Class 10th Roll Number – After you have selected the name of the Board, you will have to enter your roll number as it is provided on the Class 10th Admit Card.
- Year of Passing – Select your year of passing
- Result Status – Choose the result status from the drop-down menu.
Merit-based Course Selection
- In this section, you will have to select any number of courses (where admission is based on merit) based on the eligibility criteria.
- You can select as many as many courses as you wish to apply for.
- Click on the “Submit” button to see the preview screen and move to the next section by clicking “Next
Entrance based Course Selection
- In this section, the candidates need to select any number of courses (where admission is based on the entrance) based on the fulfillment of the eligibility criteria.
- In this section, if a candidate wants to be considered for admission through Sports Quota need to select the “Yes” option.
- If the candidate has selected Yes, then he/she need to choose the Game/Sport.
- The applicant shall provide the details of at most three merit/participation sports certificate in the relevant Game/Sport and also it is mandatory to upload the most three certificate(s0. )
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- The applicant can either apply for another game/sport by clicking on “Add another game/sport” or else proceed to the next section by clicking “Next”.
- If a candidate wishes to take admission through “ECA” quota, then select “Yes”.
- Under ECA there are various categories, which are further sub-categorized. The applicants need to select their relevant category/sub-category and shall upload only the highest level of certificate.
- Click on the “Submit” button to proceed to the next ECA category by clicking on “Add another activity” or else proceed to the next section by clicking “Next”.
Note: The aspirants need to pay an additional fee of Rs. 100 for each Game/Sport to apply under Sports Quota and ECA quota.
Step 3: Upload Images in the DU Application Form
- After you have entered all the necessary information in the DU Admission Forn, you will have to upload the necessary relevant images.
- The images are to be uploaded as per the specifications given.
- After you have uploaded the mandatory uploads, go to the “Next” section.
Step 4: Pay the Application Fee
- Next, the candidates need to pay the required amount of the Application Fee.
- Choose the mode of payment and pay the necessary application fee.
- The online registration process shall be completed only after payment is done.
DU Form 2019 Dates
The candidates can check the schedule for DU Application Form 2019 from the table below.
|DU Admission Form 2019||UG||PG||M.Phil / PhD|
|Online Registration Starts from||30 May 2019||03 June 2019||03 Jun 2019|
|Last date to submit DU Application Form 2019||Jun 2019||Last week of Jun 2019||Jun 2019
Admission Form: Candidates can fill DU Admission Form 2019 as per the schedule from du.ac.in.
How to Apply For DU Admission Under Sports and ECA Quota?
The candidates can apply for DU Admission on the basis of Sports and ECA (Extra Co-Curricular Quota). Such candidates need to produce a certificate if they want it. You can only apply for these quotas before submitting the application fee. During the merit allocation, the credit obtained by the candidate in sports and ECA quota will be considered.
- Click here to check the Guidelines for ECA Trials (Preliminary Round).
FAQs for DU Admission Form 2019
Ques. I belong to the OBC category, will I get offline form for DU Admission?
Ans. The application form is released by online mode only, for all courses and categories. Candidates can apply for DU Admission at the official website, du.ac.in.
Ques. Can I apply for multiple programs/ courses through a single DU Admission Form 2019?
Ans. Yes, you can apply for multiple programs/ courses through a single application. You can select to apply for both merit-based and entrance exam based in a single form only.
Ques. Will there be any application form correction facility?
Ans. There have been a few changes introduced by the University. As per the newspaper reports, the candidates shall get an opportunity to edit details in DU 2019 Form. You may have to pay an amount of Rs. 100/- to edit the details.
Ques. Can I provide my coaching institute’s email id for DU 2019 Registration?
Ans. No, it is advised that you should provide either yours or your parent/ guardian email id. If you do not have a personal email id, it is suggested that you should create one. DU will communication regarding any latest update and information on the admission process through electronic means.
Ques. Will the applicants be given admission on a first come, first serve policy after the declaration of cut-offs?
Ans. No, the candidates are offered admission solely on the basis of their merit in the Class 12th examination.
Ques. Am I allowed to take admission in two different courses or same course in different colleges after the declaration of a cutoff?
Ans. No, you cannot take admission simultaneously in two different courses or the same courses in different colleges. In case you take admission at two places, your admission will be canceled from both the colleges/courses
Ques. I have completed my class 12th from NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling). Can I apply to get admission in a regular college?
Ans. Yes, you can get admission in a regular college provided you have applied in an available programme/ course and meet the cut-off criteria.
Ques. My result is awaited, can I still fill DU Application Form?
Ans. Yes, you can submit the online registration form by choosing “Awaited” in the drop-down menu of “Result Status” on the “Academic Details” page/section while entering the information. However, you will have to fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria/meeting cut-off list of that course/college during the stipulated period.
- Click here to check the FAQs.
Press Release for DU Admission 2019
About Delhi University
The University of Delhi, or as it is popularly known as DU is the premier university of the country and is known for its high standards in teaching and research and attracts eminent scholars to its faculty. The University was established in 1922 as a unitary, teaching and residential university. It has grown into one of the largest and most popular universities in India.