DU Admission Form 2020 – Delhi University (DU) has released the form for Spot Admission for variosu programmes online at du.ac.in. The facility for DU form correction was available till October 5, 2020, for UG courses only. In order to do so, candidates had to log in by entering the application number and password. The application process for DU UG and PG courses is now over. Candidates must cross-check that the details as provided in the application form is correct. Check more details on DU admission form 2020 from this page.
Latest: DU UG Form for Spot Admission has been available now. Scroll down to Apply.
DU Admission Form 2020
DU opens admission portal separately for UG, PG and M.Phil / Ph.D admission. The DU admission form is made available for all 3 levels via these 3 separate portals. Know all the important dates for DU admission form 2020 from the table below.
|DU Admission Form 2020||Tentative Dates|
|DU admission form releases on||20 Jun 2020|
|Last date to submit the DU application form|
31 Aug 2020
|Last date to fill DU 2020 application form for merit-based admission||31 Aug 2020|
Form for Spot Admission –
– Click here to fill the form for Spot Admission for B.Tech (IT and Math. Innovation).
– Click here to fill the form for Spot Admission for BA (Hons) Humanities and Social Science.
– Click here to fill the form for Spot Admission for Five Year Integrated Programme in Journalism.
– Click here to fill the form for Spot Admission for B.El.Ed.
– Click here to fill the form for Spot Admission for BMS, BA(H) BE and BBA(FIA).
Apply Here for DU UG Merit Based Admission: Click Here to fill and submit DU 2020 application form for UG courses.
DU Admission 2020 Notice for Merit-Based Admission
Click here to check above notice.
DU Admission 2020 Application Form Last Date Extended
The last date to apply for DU admission 2020 is extended up to August 31, 2020. The application form can be accessed, filled, and submitted in the online mode only.
DU Admission 2020 Notice for Edit in Applications
Click here to check the notice
DU Admission Form Fee 2020
DU charges a certain amount of application fee to apply for DU admission. The application fee vary and the same is given below in the table, as per last year:
|Merit-based courses for UR / OBC||Rs. 250|
|Merit-based courses SC / ST / PwD / EWS||Rs. 100|
Mode of Payment: Candidates shall be able to pay the application fee via:
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Net banking
Note: Students can apply for more than one course via one application form. However, the application fee will vary depending on the number of courses applied for.
Documents Required for Filling DU Admission Form 2020
The candidates need to keep handy certain documents while filling DU admission form 2020:
Documents to be uploaded in the application form DU 2020.
- Passport size photograph.
- Scanned copy of signature.
- Self -Attested Class 10 certificate / marksheet.
- Self-Attested Class 12 marksheet.
- Copy of caste certificate (self attested) – for SC / ST / OBC / EWS / PwD / KM / CW.
- Copy of sports and / or ECA certificate (self attested and if applicable).
New this year: Candidates applying for B.A. (H) Music have to upload the link of YouTube video clip of their performance for practical exam in the application form. This is due to social distancing followed for COVID-19.
Documents to needed for reference while filling admission form for DU 2020.
- A valid e-mail id and phone number.
- ID card – like aadhaar card, voter id card, passport, license, etc.
- Mark sheet and certificate for class 10 and 12.
- Address details.
- Net banking or payment details.
You can check details of DU entrance based admission for UG and PG courses – Click here
DU Admission Form 2020 Photo and Signature Specifications
The specification for the images to be uploaded in the DU admission form 2020 are as follows:
Photo and Signature
- Size: 10 to 50 KB
- Formats: JPG / JPEG / PNG
Class 10 certificates, Class 12 marksheet, Caste certificate, Sports and ECA certificates
- Size: 100 to 500 KB
- Formats: JPG / JPEG / png
DU Admission Eligibility for Merit Based Courses
Before applying, it is advised that candidates also check eligibility for DU admission 2020. Only eligible candidates gets admission in colleges affiliated with DU. Hence, do ensure it.
Age limit – There is no age limit.
Citizenship – Candidates throughout India can fill DU 2020 application form.
Education qualification – Candidates should have passed class 12th. Candidates awaiting result can also apply for the admission. Best of 4 score in 12th is considered for admission.
How to Fill DU Admission Form 2020?
The candidates can follow the steps below to apply for DU admission 2020:
Step 1: Follow the link
- DU releases separate links for UG, PG and M.Phil / Ph.D admission form.
- The candidates have to select the link as er their course of admission as given on this page and click on it.
Step 2: New Registration
- Next candidates have to click on the link that says “new registration” as shown below
- Candidates have to enter all details asked in the online registration screen and click on the “register” button as shown below:
- To complete the registration students have to enter the OTP as sent on their registered mobile numberand email id to verify the same, as shown below:
Step 3: Login
- After verification of the OTP students are redirected to the login page, here the candidates have to enter the registered email id and password to login and access the DU admission form 2020.
Step 4: Fill the application form
- Next, students have to fill in the online application form that has the following parts:
- Personal details sections
- Academic details section
- Mode of admission section – merit / entrance / sports / ECA
- Uploading of documents section
- Payment of application fee
Step 5: Uploading of documents
- Candidates have to take caution while uploading the documents as they must be as per the specifications mention in the form:
Step 6: Verify and Pay the application fee
- No candidates have to verify the details in the application form and pay the applicable application fee.
Details to be Filled in DU Admission Form 2020
Candidates can check the details of DU Admission Form 2020 below.
- Name of the Candidate
- Mother’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Email ID
- Mobile Number
- Date of Birth
- Aadhaar Card Number
- Mother’s Name and Citizenship
- Name of the Class 10th Board
- Class 10th Roll Number
- Year of Passing
- Result Status
- Hindi Language studied upto
Mode of admission section
Merit / entrance / sports / ECA
DU Admit Card 2020
After the successful completion of the registration process Delhi University releases the admit card for all the applicants for entrance tests. All those candidates who have successfully submitted their application form and fee can download their admit card online on the official site. Candidates are required to enter their form number and date of birth to download their DU admit card 2020. Candidates must go to the examination center along with their DU Admission 2020 admit card. DU 2020 admit card of the candidates contains the details like name, date of birth, category, photograph, a signature of the candidates and date, time, venue of the examination.
About Delhi University
Delhi University is situated in the capital state of India. It was started in the year 1922. At present Delhi University had two faculties and 750 students at the time of its foundation and at present, it has 16 faculties and 86 departments distributed across its North and South campuses. It has 77 affiliated colleges and 5 other institutes with an enrollment of over 132,000 regular students and 261,000 non-formal students. The president of India serves as the University Chancellor of DU. IT offers various Undergraduate, Postgraduate, M.phil and Ph.D. courses.
DU 2020 Registration Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Delhi University releases the DU Admission Form every year.
Ans : Candidates can get their DU Admission Form online on the official site of DU i.e. du.ac.in.
Ans : The application form is released by online mode only, for all courses and categories. Candidates can apply for DU Admission online at the official website.
Ans : Yes, you can apply for multiple programs/ courses through a single application. You can select to apply for both merit-based and entrance exam based in a single form only.
Ans : There have been a few changes introduced by the University. As per the newspaper reports, the candidates shall get an opportunity to edit details in DU 2020 Form. You may have to pay an amount of Rs. 100/- to edit the details.
Ans : No, it is advised that you should provide either yours or your parent/ guardian email id. If you do not have a personal email id, it is suggested that you should create one. DU will communication regarding any latest update and information on the admission process through electronic means.
Ans : No, the candidates are offered admission solely on the basis of their merit in the Class 12th examination.
Ans : No, you cannot take admission simultaneously in two different courses or the same courses in different colleges. In case you take admission at two places, your admission will be canceled from both the colleges/courses.
Ans : Yes, you can get admission in a regular college provided you have applied in an available program/course and meet the cut-off criteria.
Ans : Yes, you can submit the online registration form by choosing “Awaited” in the drop-down menu of “Result Status” on the “Academic Details” page/section while entering the information. However, you will have to fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria/meeting cut-off list of that course/college during the stipulated period.
Ans : Once the form is submitted, the application fee is not refunded. Hence, the candidates must exercise extreme caution while filling DU Admission Form.
Ans : Yes, the candidates can apply for a diploma in foreign language courses along-side graduation course by visiting the website of the particular college where admission is wanted.
Ans : This choice has to be made at the time of cut-off declaration and not while applying.
Ans : Yes, this can be done in the same form.
Ans : Yes, the candidates can self-attest mark sheet using Digi Locker app.
Ans : Utmost care must be taken while uploading the documents. However, if candidate mistakenly forgets to self-attest documents, there is no need to apply again. The candidate is eligible for the admission process, as long as the documents uploaded are valid.
Ans : No, one does not need to apply again for the second cutoff. However, one needs to apply again for the course or college wanted if the cutoff is met.
Ans : The candidates should first fill the common form on the admission portal, then visit the website of these colleges and wait for notifications regarding their registration process. Further process of registration takes place on their website.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.