Delhi University 2018 Admission Form has been released by DU. You can apply online for DU Admission 2018-19 by entering details in the Admission form and paying fees. Delhi University 2018 Admission Form for the UG Entrance Exam is expected to be released in the month of June. DU 2018 Application Form for all the courses is available online. The candidates may check all the details about the Delhi University 2018 Application Form from this page.
Delhi University 2018 Admission Form
The registration process is online. Only eligible candidates must apply. It is important to keep in mind to submit DU Application Form 2018 before the last date.
Delhi University 2018 Admission Form Important Dates
|Event||UG (Entrance)||PG Courses||M.Phil / PhD|
|Online Registration Starts||15 May 2018||18 May 2018||20 May 2018|
|Online Registration Closes||07 Jun 2018 till 6 PM||30 Jun 2018||Jun 2018
DU Admission Forms 2018
You can register online for all undergraduate courses through the admission portal & follow
the guidelines to proceed.
Application Form: Click Here to go to DU Admission Portal 2018 to apply online for various UG courses.
For PG Admission – Click Here
For For M.Phil / Ph.D – Click Here
Note: Applicants who have submitted more than one application for admission are advised to retain only one correct successfully submitted application and cancel the remaining wrongly filled applications, so that only one correct application per applicant for admission to the University of Delhi remains with the University. This process must be completed by the applicants latest by June 07, 2018. The cancellation of a particular online application can be done by the applicants by logging into their dashboard through relevant email ID and clicking on the ‘Cancellation’ button. No grievance will be entertained pertaining to the cancelled application form.
DU Application Fee (UG Merit Based): The amount of fee can only be submitted online and the candidates. It is as below:
- General and OBC category – Rs. 150.
- SC/ST Category – Rs. 75.
- Sports and ECA Category – Rs. 150 or 75 (depending on category) + Rs. 100.
DU Application Fee (UG Entrance Based): The amount of fee can only be submitted online and the candidates. It is as below:
- For UR / OBC / CW / Minorities: Rs. 500.
- For SC / ST / PwD: Rs. 250
- A separate Application Fee would be charged from the applicant for each entrance test for which the application is submitted.
Step by Step Process for registration
As a first time user, the applicant shall go to “New Applicant Sign Up” to create the user account by clicking on the “New Registration” link. Under the “Create New Account” page, all fields are mandatory and indicated by a red asterisk (*) adjacent to the name of the field. Applicants who do not have a valid email-id must create an email-id before creating the new account. The applicant must also ensure that the email-id and password are kept handy for all the future correspondence/reference regarding the admission process. Enter your existing email-id and confirm it by entering it again, which will be your henceforth login-id and also will be used for the admission purposes.
Applicant must ensure that all the details entered in the form are correct. Before submitting the details, the applicant must confirm that the details entered are correct (by clicking the checkbox). Finally, click the “Register” button to create a new user account. A confirmation will be sent to your email account/mobile number after the creation of the registration account. However, if you do not receive an email/mobile message, your user account is still functional.
Once registered, the applicant can now log on to the UG admission portal to complete the online registration form. In the “Registered Applicant Sign In” on the right side, the applicant shall enter “registered email-id” as username and the “password”, as entered by the applicant during sign up. The applicant must enter the characters in the “Captcha Image” text box and accept the undertaking before proceeding to “login”.
In case the applicant has forgotten the password or wishes to reset it, the applicant can do so by clicking “Reset Password” button. The applicant can reset the password in two different ways for which the links are provided in the drop-down menu.
Applicants must keep these standard documents ready before filling online Application Form.
- Passport size photograph of the applicant. The size of the photo should be 2-inch x 2-inch (5 mm x 5 mm).
- Scanned signature of the applicant.
- Class X certificate/mark-sheet containing Date of birth
- Self-attested Class XII Mark-Sheet, if the result is announced. (In case the mark sheet is not issued by the Board then the self-attested copy of the Mark-Sheet downloaded from the respective board’s website should be uploaded).
- Self-attested copy of SC/ST/OBC/PwD/KM/CW valid certificate (in the name of the candidate), if applicable or receipt of the request for category certificate issued by competent authority (Admission will not be allowed without the original certificate in the name of the candidate in any circumstances)
- Self-attested copies of Sports/ECA certificates, if applicable.
- The applicant will not be able to preview the application and pay the fee, without uploading the uploading the mandatory documents.
Click here to check step by step registration process for DU 2018 Application Form.
How to Reset Password for DU Login
Every year numerous of candidates forget their password. However, need not worry, it can be retrieved by following the steps below:
- In the login page, access the ‘Reset Password’ button.
- Then, choose any of the following, Reset Password using E-mail or Reset Password through Security Question.
- Enter the detail for whichever medium candidates are chosen.
- Reset the new password.
How to Send Grievance Against the Form
To submit the grievances, the candidates will have to click on the link below.
- Enter Name, E-mail ID, Gender, Mobile Number, Admission Form Number, and Department.
- Then select the category of the Grievance.
- Describe it in 150 words.
- Sign the deceleration and enter the captcha.
- Hit the submit button and the issue of the candidate will reach the Delhi University.
Sports and ECA Quota
The Sports and ECA (Extra Co-Curricular Quota) is given to those candidates who hold credits in games/sports or co-curricular activities. The candidates need to produce certificate if they want it. The candidates can only apply for these quotas before submitting the application fee. During the merit allocation, the credit of sports and ECA quota candidates will be considered.
Click here to check the Guidelines for ECA Trials (Preliminary Round).
Frequently Asked Questions for Entrance Exam Based Application Forms
How can I register myself for admission to undergraduate courses at the University of Delhi?
You can register online for all undergraduate courses through the admission portal URL http://admission.du.ac.in & follow the guidelines to proceed.
I have registered online at the DU undergraduate (UG) online portal. Do I still need to fill up the offline form for undergraduate admission?
No, there’s no offline form.
Can I apply for multiple programmes/courses in an online form?
Yes, you may select all programmes/courses of your interest through a single online registration form. It is important to note that you can apply in all merit-based as well as entrance based courses through the same online application.
Is it possible to change/update the information provided by the applicant in the online application form, once the fee is submitted?
No, the applicant can’t change/update the information once the fee is submitted
I made an error in my online registration form. Do I need to register again using different email-id?
No, the portal allows you to register only once. However, you can rectify the error by logging again into your account through the “Edit” button at the end of each session/page till the online registration portal is open & the fee is not paid.
How to pay the registration fee on DU UG Portal?
The payment is accepted online only through credit card/debit card/Net Banking/UPI.
How does one apply through the ECA or Sports quota? Is there a separate fee for applying to these quotas?
You can apply for ECA and Sports quota by selecting appropriate options in the registration form. There is an additional fee of Rs. 100 each for applying under ECA or Sports Quota.
Is it possible to apply under ECA/Sports Category once I have paid my registration fee?
No, once you have paid the fee, you will not be able to apply under ECA/Sports Category.
Why am I not able to preview my application and also not able to pay the fee?
Please ensure that you have:
- Completed the mandatory fields (marked with the red asterisk) on every page.
- You have uploaded the required documents under the section ‘Uploads’.
Will there be any disadvantage for gap year students?
No, there is no disadvantage for gap year students and they would be treated at par with regular students. They should meet the requisite criteria for admission and must possess the necessary documents/certificates.
Will the applicants be given admission on a first come, first serve policy after the declaration of cut-offs?
Admissions in the colleges are not based on first come first serve policy. Instead, the applicant who has filled the online registration form and satisfies the criteria and cut-off for a particular programme/course in a particular college will be considered for admission as per the schedule of admission specified.
I did not have Mathematics in class 12th. Can I opt for B.A (H) Economics / B.Com (H)/ BMS/BBA(FIA)/ BA (H) Business Economics?
No, without Mathematics, you are not eligible for above courses.
Can I take admission in two different courses or same course in different colleges after the declaration of a cutoff?
No, you cannot take admission simultaneously in two different courses or same courses in different colleges. In case you take admission at two places, your admission will be cancelled from both the colleges/courses
I have completed my class 12thfrom NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling). Can I get admission in a regular college?
Yes, you can get admission in a regular college provided you have applied in an available programme/course and meet the cut-off criteria.
Is it important to have caste or tribe certificate in the name of a candidate/applicant?
Yes, if you are applying under any reserved category (SC/ST/OBC/PwD), then you must have the latest Caste/Tribe/PwD certificate in the name of the candidate. The OBC certificate must also specify that candidate belong s to non-creamy layer and the caste is listed in the Central Government list.
If my result is awaited, Can I submit the online registration form?
Yes, you can submit the online registration form by choosing “Awaited” in the drop-down menu of “Result Status” on “Academic Details” page/section while entering the information. However, you will have to fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria/meeting cut-off list of that course/college during the stipulated period.
Instructions to Fill Delhi University Online Application Form 2018
Steps given below are applicable for DU UG Merit Based Admission Form.
STEP 1: Create New Account – First of all, candidates need to create a new account or basically register online. To do so, the candidates will have to submit the following details:
- Name – as in the certificates of class X and XII
- E-mail Id
- Security Question
- Security Answer
- Password – Must be of minimum 8 characters and should, at least, contain 1 uppercase, lowercase, special character and a number
- Mobile Number
- Tick the checkbox for Deceleration
After submitting these details, the candidates need to click on the ‘Register’ button. Candidates should make sure that they are entering valid and authentic details because the University will communicate through the submitted e-mail id and phone number.
Do click on ‘Click here to save this information for future reference’. By doing so, the registration details will be automatically saved.
Step-2 Login: After registration, the candidates are to go to the login page and enter the registered e-mail id and password, to access the login. A ‘Apply Now’ button will appear, click on it. Now, the candidates will be lead to the application form of DU Admission 2018.
Step-3 Filling the Application Form: The application form will be divided into 8 segments, as shown above. The segments will be Personal Details, Academic Details, Course Selection, Sports, ECA, Bank Details, Mandatory Uploads, Preview, and Go to Payment.
- In Personal Details Section, candidates will have to submit details about themselves, their family, Category/Quota (if any), and Address.
- The Academic Details section will demand candidate to state the School Board, Year of Passing, Qualifying Exam Roll Number, Result Status, Subjects Offered in Board Exams, etc.
- Course Sectional is to be done very wisely. During this section, an entire list of course and specialization will appear. The candidates may apply for as many courses as they wish.
- In the Sports page, the candidates need to state if they seek sports quota or not. Candidates will then be required to tell the game or sports, for which they would demand the quota.
- It should be noted that the candidates who will apply for sports quota will be required to pay Rs. 100 extra
- On the ECA page, candidates will have to tell if they seek extra co-curricular quota or not. Even for this, the candidates need to pay Rs. 100 more.
- After this, the candidates will move to Bank Details page. The candidates will have to provide their account details. In case there is cancellation of the amount, the University of Delhi will refund the money via this account. The candidates will have to mention Name of the Account Holder, Account Number, Bank Name, IFSC Code.
- Mandatory Update is where the candidates will have to upload Photograph, Signature, Class XII Mark Sheet, Caste Certificate, Sports/ECA Quota Certificate. All of these documents should be self-attested.
- After this steps, the candidates will be allowed to Preview the submitted information. If any of the submitted detail is incorrect, make the correction during the stage.
- Lastly, the candidates will have to submit the application fee.