Mahapurusha Srimanta Sankradeva Vishwavidyalaya (MSSV) Admission 2020 offers admission in UG Programme, PG Programme, PG Diploma, M.Phil., and Ph.D. courses. The University offers B.A. (Major) Programmes based on the latest UGC structure of Choice Based Credit System (CBCS). Selection of the candidates in the desired Programme will be done on merit basis. The application form for all the programs will be available at the official website. Check more details about MSSV Admission 2020 from below.
Mahapurusha Srimanta Sankaradeva Viswavidyalaya (MSSV) Admission 2020
The Mahapurusha Srimanta Sankradeva Vishwavidyalaya(MSSV) has introduced the diverse programmes in the disciplines of humanities, Arts, and Yoga Science. Interested candidates can apply for the different courses such as the M.Phil. in Assamese, Education, English, and Sociology. P.hd. in Assamese, Education, English, and Juridicial Studies. Masters in Law(LL.M), Diploma in Human Rights and Diploma in Cyber Law. Applicants who are in seeking for the admissions in the MSSV University can check the important dates of the Application Form.
|BPA, MA, MSc, and MSW Programme|
|Issue of Admission Forms for 1st Semester classes of Academic Session 2020-21||1st week of Jul 2020|
|Publication of list of eligible candidates for admission to 1st Semester classes||last week of Jul 2020|
|Admission of Students of 1st Semester students of the Academic Session 2020-21||last week of Jul 2020|
|Last date of admission of 3rd Semester students of BPA and PG programmes||1st week of Aug 2020|
|Orientation programme of the students of 1st semester classes of BPA and PG programmes||1st week of Aug 2020|
|Commencement of 1st and 3rd Semester Classes||1st week of Aug 2020|
|Admission of selected candidates||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Commencement of Classes||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|M.Phil. & Ph.D. Programme|
|Last Date to Fill the Application Form||1st week of Jan 2020|
|Declaration of the list of Eligible Candidates||1st week of Jan 2020|
|Date of Examination MSSVRAT 2020||3rd week of Jan 2020|
|Viva-Voice for the Selection of Candidates||last week of Jan 2020|
|Declaration of the Result of Selected Candidates||last week of Jan 2020|
|Admission of selected candidates||last week of Jan 2020|
|Commencement of Classes||1st week of Feb 2020|
Candidates are advised to check the minimum eligibility for the Admissions 2020.
- PG Programmes: At leats 45% marks in Major in the subject concerned or at least 50% marks in the subject concerned having on aggregate of at least 45% marks in B.A.
- B.P.A. (Bachelor of Performing Arts): Higher Secondary (10+2) Exam passed in any stream conducted by the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council, or an equivalent examination, and adequate experience in Performing Arts. The candidates for admission shall be selected through an interview.
- M.S.W. (Master of Social Work): Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University securing at least 45% in Major of any subject or in aggregate. Must be medically fit for doing hard labour. A certificate of physical fitness must be produced at the time of admission.
- B.A. (Major) Programmes: A students who have passed the Higher Secondary (10+2) Examination of the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council, or any equivalent examination recognized as such by the University shall be eligible for admission to the first semester of the Six-semester B.A. (Major) Programme.
- M.Phil.: A candidate for admission to the course leading to the Degree of Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) must have passed the Post-graduate Examination of this University or any other University/Institute recognised as equivalent by this University securing a minimum of 55% marks in the subject in which he/she intends to pursue the course. 5% marks in the eligibility norms shall be relaxed for the candidates of the reserved category.
A) Persons with post-graduate degree (Master degree) from any recognized University Institute with at least 55% marks or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA) 5% of marks in the eligibility norms shall be relaxed for the candidates of the reserved category Abovenoted rules will also be applicable to overseas candidates who have obtained masters degree from the statutory Indian/ foreign Universities.
B) Admission for foreign students with 55% marks in the Master Degree or equivalent GPA, and relevant Passport and Visa, may be considered, subject to the ratification of the ViceChancellor.
C) During the pendency of the Ph.D., programme the candidate will not pursue any other parallel programme or course outside the programme.
The above mentioned eligibility criteria is based on last year information brochure and for reference purpose only.
The candidates require to fill the application form from the official website of the University in the prescribed format. Only the eligible candidates can apply for the admission. Therefore, candidates are suggested to read and understand all instructions and eligibility criteria carefully as any ineligibility found at any stage of the admission process will lead to the cancellation of the admission.
As per last year…
BPA, PG, and MSW Programmes
Selection of candidates for admission shall be made on merit basis. The list of selected candidates shall be put on the Notice Board of the University and the University’s website: http://www.mssv.co.in. Intimation to the candidates shall not be conveyed individually. The candidates may be called for interview on the date and venue to be decided by the University. Selected candidates shall have to get themselves admitted on the date & time as specified by the University on payment of the prescribed fee, failing which selection for admission shall automatically get cancelled. The list of selected candidates for MA programme in English shall be prepared on the basis of the merits separately for the Nagaon and Guwahati, Campus as per their preference.
B.A. (Major) Programmes
Selection of the candidates for admission will be made on merit basis. The list of selected candidates will be put on the Notice Board of the University and the University’s website (www.mssv.co.in). Intimation to the candidates will not be conveyed individually. The candidates may be called for interview on the date and venue to be decided by the University.
A waiting list, program-wise, of the candidates, will be prepared. Candidates in waiting list may also be called for interview along with the provisionally selected candidates. Vacant seats, if any, will be filled up from the candidates in the waiting list. No students from the waiting list will, however, be admitted to any programme after 15 days from the commencement of classes.
M.Phil. & Ph.D. Programme
- Selection of candidates for admission shall be made on the basis of the MSSVRAT.
- MSSVRAT shall comprise of two parts: Written and Viva Voce
- The written examination of MSSVRAT shall be held on the following: a. Paper I: Research Methodology (100 marks). b. Paper II: Subject concerned (100 marks).
- The qualifying marks of the written examination are 50% in each paper.
- The list of selected candidates shall be put on the Notice Board of the University and also in the website of the university http://www.mssv.co.in Information to the candidates shall not be conveyed individually. The candidates shall be called through email for interview on the date and venue to be decided by the University.
- The candidates who have qualified UGC-NET (JRF/UGC-CSIR including SLET/Gate) or passed M.Phil. Degrees in the concerned subject are exempted from the written examination of MSSVART. However, they shall have to appear in the Viva-voce examination.
Appeared candidates can check their results on the official website. After the official announcement candidates will be able download the MSSVRAT 2020 result from the website. Candidates are suggested to keep a printout of the result and preserve it for further admission process.
As per last year…
(I) Statutory Reservation
* Scheduled Caste (S.C) : 07% of the intake capacity
* Scheduled Tribes, Plains (S.T.P) : 10% of intake capacity
* Schedule Tribes, Hills (S.T.H) : 05% of intake capacity
* OBC / MOBC : 15% of intake capacity
(II) Differently Abled Candidates
3% of the total seats in each programme shall be reserved for the differently abled candidates.
Fee Structure for BPA, PG, and MSW Programmes
Fee Structure for B.A. (Major) Programmes
Fee Structure for M. Phil. Programme
Fee structure for Ph.D. Programme
The above fee structure is based on last year information and for reference purpose only.
Official Website: www.mssv.co.in
For more detail information on Mahapurusha Srimanta Sankaradeva Viswavidyalaya (MSSV) Admissions refer to the following
- For BPA, PG, and MSW Programmes Download – Information Brochure.
- For B.A. (Major) Programmes Admission 2019 Check – Information Brochure.
- For Ph.D. and M.Phil courses Admission 2019 Check – Admission Notice | Information Brochure
Insofar, official details of MSSV 2020 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as information brochure releases, details will be updated here.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.