Tezpur University Admission 2020: Tezpur University was established on January 21, 1994 by an Act of Parliament of India, the Tezpur University Act, 1993 (Act No. 45), as a non-affiliating and residential Central University. The academic programmes offered in the University have a distinct focus on science, technology and humanities, reflecting the objectives of the University. At present, the university offers 73 programs in total comprising of UG, PG, Ph.D, B.Voc, integrated courses along with a few certificate courses, across its 4 schools. For more information about Tezpur University Admission 2020 and selection procedure for various courses, go through this page.
Tezpur University Admission 2020
The courses are divided into 4 categories. There are separate selection procedures for courses under each of these categories. Some courses require an entrance exam for admission while others do not have such a requirement. MBA admissions are provided on the basis of CAT/XAT/MAT/ATMA/GMAT/CMAT scores. Candidates can check the detailed selection procedure for each of these categories in the page below.
Admission based on Entrance Examinations
- Tezpur University MBA Admission
- Tezpur University Ph.D Admission
- Tezpur University Distance Education Admission
Courses for Tezpur University Admission 2020
The university has 26 departments distributed across its 4 schools: School of Engineering, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, School of Management Sciences and School of Sciences. Let us have a look at all of the comprising departments:
|School of Engineering||School of Sciences|
|Computer Science & Engineering||Chemical Sciences|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||Molecular Biology and Biotechnology|
|Electrical Engineering||Mathematical Sciences|
|Civil Engineering||Environmental Science|
|Food Engineering and Technology|
|School of Humanities and Social Sciences||School of Management Sciences|
|Cultural Studies||Business Administration|
|English and Foreign Languages||Commerce|
|Mass Communication and Journalism||Community College|
|Center for Women Studies|
|Centre for Inclusive Development|
|Centre for Assamese Studies|
Check the complete list of courses offered from here.
Category A Selection Procedure for Tezpur University Admission 2020
Admissions to the following courses are granted through University Entrance Examination :
- 4-year Integrated B.Sc. B.Ed. (Major in Physics /Chemistry / Mathematics)
- 5-year Integrated dual B.Sc. ( Major) & M. Sc. in Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Life Science
- 5- year Integrated dual B.A.(Major) & M. A. in English
- 5- year Integrated dual B.Com. (Hons.) & M.Com.
- Master in Law (LL.M)
- M. A. in English / Linguistics & Language Technology / Cultural Studies / Sociology / Mass Communication and Journalism / Communication for Development / Hindi /Social Work / Education
- M.Sc. in Mathematics / Chemistry / Physics / Environmental Science / Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- M.Tech. in Civil Engineering / Computer Science and Engineering / Information Technology / Food Engineering & Technology / Electronics Design & Technology / Bioelectronics / Energy Technology/Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Tourism and Travel Management (MTTM)
- P.G. Diploma in Translation (Hindi) / Women Studies / Child Rights and Governance
- Certificate in Chinese
- Lateral Entry to the 3rd semester of B.Tech. in Civil / CSE / ECE/ Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering / Food Engineering and Technology
Category B Selection Procedure for Tezpur University Admission 2020
Admission to the following B.Tech courses are granted based on candidates’ All India Rank in JEE (Main):
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Food Engineering & Technology
Seat Reservation: 60% of the seats in this category are reserved for candidates of North-Eastern (NE) states. Rest of the seats will be filled up through central counselling conducted by Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB).
Category C Selection Procedure for Tezpur University Admission 2020
Under this, direct admissions are provided to various B.Tech, M.Tech and integrated programmes.
B.Tech and integrated: Candidates belonging to NE states and securing any of the top 5 positions Higher Secondary Board/ Council examinations of NE states are directly provided admission to following courses, provided that they have scored a minimum aggregate of 85% marks.
- 5-year Integrated dual B.Sc. & M.Sc
- 5-year Integrated dual B.A. & M.A.
- 5-year Integrated dual B.Com. & M. Com
- 4-year Integrated B.Sc. B.Ed. and B.Tech.
However, B.Tech. candidates must qualify JEE (Main) as well.
M.Tech: Meritorious students are granted direct admission to M.Tech on the basis of their GATE scores.
Category D Selection Procedure for Tezpur University Admission 2020
This category covers admissions for Ph.D. programmes in various admissions. Candidates are provided seats on the basis of their performance in written test and personal interview. However, please note that UGC-(NET/JRF)/ UGC-CSIR(NET/JRF)/ DBT-JRF/ ICMR-JRF/ ICAR-NET/ GATE/ SLET/ M.Phil. qualified candidates do not need to take the written test and are directly called for interview. They are allotted seat based on their performance in the PI round. The list of the selected candidates will be published on the university website. The selected candidates are required to report to the head of concerned department for admission.
Fee Structure for Tezpur University Admission 2020
The candidates can check the detailed fee structure from here.
Fee Structure for MBA
Official website: tezu.ernet.in
Information Brochure: click here
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.