The Assam Women’s University is the first state women University in the entire North Eastern Region of India which started functioning from the month of September 2014. The Assam Women’s University has released the dates and application form for Admission into various Diploma, UG and PG courses for the academic year 2019-20. It should be noted that only female candidates are eligible for admission. It is a great opportunity for all those Female candidates who want to pursue various UG and PG courses. Selection of eligible candidates for admission to BA in Psychology, Bachelor of Physiotherapy, MBA, MTTM, MLIS, MA in Political Science and MA in Mass Communication will be based on their performance in the entrance test. For other programmes, the selection will be on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination. Candidates can find more details like eligibility criteria, Application form, etc. from this page.
Assam Women’s University Admission 2019
The Application Form for different programmes is available for download at University website www.awu.ac.in or direct link for the same is also provided below. Candidates should check the eligibility criteria before applying for any course. For some course, there is an entrance exam while for others selection will be on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination.
|Admission Schedule||Under Graduate programmes||Post Graduate programmes|
|Bachelor of Physiotherapy, BA in Psychology||MBA, MTTM, MA in Mass Communication||MLIS, MA in Political Science||MA in Assamese, Cultural Studies, Economics, Education, English, Sociology, MCA, Master of Fashion Design & Technology and PGDCA|
|Issue of application form||02 May 2019||02 May 2019||02 May 2019||02 May 2019|
|Last date of submission||17 Jun 2019||17 Jun 2019||24 Jul 2019||26 Jul 2019|
|Date of entrance test||23 Jun 2019||23 Jun 2019||28 Jul 2019||—|
|Declaration of merit list||25 Jun 2019||25 Jun 2019||30 Jul 2019||30 Jul 2019|
|Date of admission||28 Jun 20199||28 Jun 2019||2 Aug 2019||2 Aug 2019|
Candidates should check the eligibility criteria before applying. The Application Form for different programmes is available from the University official website www.awu.ac.in or direct link is provided below. Applications duly filled in and completed in all respect with self-attested copies of testimonials must reach the Registrar, Assam Women’s University, Rowriah, Jorhat -785004, Assam on or before the scheduled date. An amount of application fee as shown below should be deposited to the University State Bank of India Account no: 37489604297, in the form of Bank Challan to be downloaded from the University website.
Application Form: Click here to download the application form 2019 for various UG and PG courses
|Programmes||Category||Application fee||Entrance test fee||Total application fee|
|BA in Psychology, Bachelor of Physiotherapy, MBA, Master of Tourism and Travel, Master of Library and Information Science, MA in Mass Communication||General/ OBC||400||100||500|
|MA in Assamese, Cultural Studies, Economics, Education, English, Political Science, Sociology and Master of Fashion Design and Technology, MCA, PGDCA||General/ OBC||400||Not applicable||400|
|SC/ ST||200||Not applicable||200|
Note: AWU’s Copy of the challan must be submitted along with the application form in the original.
Assam Women’s University offers postgraduate diploma, two undergraduate and thirteen post graduate programmes. Admission will be purely on merit basis following the reservation system of the Government of Assam.
- Only female candidates are eligible for admission
- A candidate applying for undergraduate programme shall be at least 17 years of age as on August 1, 2019 (i.e., must have been born before 01-08-2001).
For detailed eligibility criteria and seat intake of Diploma, Under Graduate and Post Graduate Programmes check the below image.
For Diploma Programme
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application
For UG Programme
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- BA in Psychology
For PG Programme
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Computer Application
- Master of Tourism and Travel Management
- Master of Library and Information Science
- Master of Fashion Design and Technology
- MA in Assamese
- MA in Cultural Studies
- MA in Economics
- MA in Education
- MA in English
- MA in Mass Communication
- MA in Political Science
- MA in Sociology
Admit cards will be released after successful submission of application form. Candidates will be able to download their admit cards from the official website. Admit card must be carried on the day of the examination, failing of which no candidate will be allowed inside it under any circumstances. There will be various details printed in admit card such as Candidate’s name, Roll no., Date & Time of examination etc.
There is a separate entrance test for different programme. The entrance exam is going to be conducted as per the schedule. Candidates can check the entrance exam scheme for the different programme from below.
- For Bachelor of Physiotherapy, questions will be on Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English from 10+2 level syllabus.
- For BA in Psychology, the test will assess candidate’s English Proficiency, Reasoning and Basic Arithmetic skills.
- For MBA and MTTM written test, questions will be on Current Affairs, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning and English.
- For MLIS written test, questions will be on Reasoning, English and Computer Basics.
- For MA in Political Science, questions of the written test will be on Current Affairs and as per degree syllabus.
- For MA in Mass Communication, questions of the written test will be on Current Affairs, NorthEast Culture, Media, Language Skill, Comprehension /Grammar.
- For MBA, MTTM and MA in Mass Communication programmes, the written test will be followed by group discussion and/or personal interview.
The result will be announced once the entrance exam process gets completed successfully. The result will be available on the official website. The final merit list will be prepared based on the academic performance of the candidate and the marks scored in the entrance examinations conducted by the respective departments. However, the qualifying marks of the entrance test for the Department of Physiotherapy is 50%.
Admission of a candidate to a Programme is subject to the following conditions:
- Fulfilment of the eligibility criteria as specified in Eligibility Criteria for Admission.
- Selection for admission to the Programme.
- Production of all the relevant documents such as pass certificates and marksheets of all earlier examinations with requisite percentage of marks in original and original copies of documents uploaded at the time of submission of the application form.
- Submission of a set of self-attested copy of all pass certificate, marksheets and other the relevant documents.
- Submission of the character certificate from the Head of the Institution and Migration certificate (in original) from the Board/University last attended.
- Submission of a self-attested printout of the filled-in application form.
- Receipt of payment of admission fee in full
Reservation of Seats
The University makes provisions for reservation of seats as per Government of Assam norms for eligible candidates belonging to the following categories. Certificates from the competent authorities against each of the reserved categories must be enclosed along with the filled-in application form. Self-attested copies of certificates mentioned against each of the categories must be submitted along with the application form, the original of which has to be produced at the time of admission.
- Scheduled Caste specified in relation to the state of Assam under Article 341 of the Constitution of India. (Certificate from the competent authority countersigned by the Deputy Commissioner /Additional Deputy Commissioner).
- Scheduled Tribes (Plains and Hills) specified in relation to the state of Assam under Article 342 of the Constitution of India. (Certificate from competent authority countersigned by the Deputy Commissioner /Additional Deputy Commissioner).
- Other Backward Classes (OBC)/More Other Backward Classes (OBC) specified in relation to the state of Assam. (Certificate from competent authority countersigned by the Deputy Commissioner /Additional Deputy Commissioner).
- Persons with Disabilities as per provisions of Section 39 under The Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act 1995. (Certificate from competent authority countersigned by the Deputy Commissioner /Additional Deputy Commissioner).
Official Website: www.awu.ac.in
For more information regarding Assam Women’s University Admission 2019 – Download Information Brochure.