Assam Women’s University Admission 2020: The admit card is available for Assam University Admission. Candidates can apply online at awu.ac.in. Only female candidates are eligible for admission. Selection of eligible candidates to BA in Psychology, BPT, MPT, MBA, MTTM, MLIS, MSW, MA (Political Science) and MA (Mass Comm. & Journalism), MA (English) & MA (Psychology) will be based on their performance in the entrance test. For other programmes, the selection will be on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination. Candidates can find more details about Assam Women’s University Admission 2020 from this page.
– The admit card is available for Assam University Admission 2020. Scroll down to check the link to download the same.
– Entrance Examinations will be conducted on November 12, 13, and 16, 2020. Click here to check the notice.
Assam Women’s University Admission 2020
Candidates should check the eligibility criteria before applying for any course. For some course, there is an entrance exam while for others selection will be on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination.
Schedule for Assam Women’s University Admission 2020
|BPT, BA (Psychology)||MBA, MTTM, MA in |
Mass Comm. & Journalism,
MA in English
|MLIS, MPT, MSW,|
MA (Political Science),
|MCA, PGDCA, MFDT, |
MA in Assamese, Cultural
Studies, Economics, Education, Sociology
|Applications start||02 Jul 2020||02 Jul 2020||02 Jul 2020||02 Jul 2020|
|Last date to |
|03 Aug 2020|
|Entrance test||to be notified||13 Nov 2020 (MA in English)|
13 Nov 2020 (MA in Education)
16 Nov 2020 (MBA, Fashion Design and Technology)
16 Nov 2020 (Mass com and Tourism)
|16 Nov 2020||12 Nov 2020 (MA in Assamese, Economics, Library and Information Science)|
13 Nov 2020 (Sociology)
|Merit List||to be notified||to be notified||to be notified||to be notified|
|Admission Date||to be notified||to be notified||to be notified||to be notified|
Assam Women’s University Admission 2020 Admit Card
Admit cards have released after the successful submission of the application form. Candidates can be able to download their admit cards from the official website. Admit Card must be carried on the day of the examination, failing which no candidate will be allowed inside it under any circumstances. There will be various details printed on the admit cards such as the Candidate’s Name, Roll no., Date & Time of examination, etc.
Admit Card: Click here to download the Admit Card.
Assam Women’s University Admission 2020 Last date to apply Extended
Assam Women’s University Admission 2020 Application form
The Application Form for different programmes is available at the official website of the university, awu.ac.in or direct link to apply is provided below. Offline applications are not entertained by Assam Women’s University. If an applicant is interested in applying for more than one programme, she has to fill separate online application forms for each programme.
Application Form: Click here to submit Assam Women’s University Admission 2020 Application form.
Steps to Apply Online
- Click on the link provided above to open application portal.
- Read all the guidelines and instructions carefully and scroll down to bottom of the page.
- Accept all terms and conditions and click on “Apply Now” button for the desired course’s application.
- Provide basic, personal and academic details in Assam Women’s University Application Form 2020.
- After submission of form, a copy of it is sent to the registered email id. Download it and keep it safe for future reference.
Payment of admission fees has been waived for academic session 2020-21. However, Self-Financed Programmes are exempted from this fee waiver scheme.
Assam Women’s University Admission 2020 Courses Offered
Assam Women’s University offers a postgraduate diploma, 2 undergraduate and 16 post graduate programmes.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- BA in Psychology
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Computer Application
- Master of Tourism and Travel Management
- Master of Library and Information Science
- Master of Fashion Design and Technology
- MA in Assamese
- MA in Cultural Studies
- MA in Economics
- MA in Education
- MA in English
- MA in Mass Communication and Journalism
- MA in Political Science
- MA in Sociology
- MA in Psychology (Self-Financed)
- Master of Physiotherapy (Self-Financed)
- Master of Social Work (Self-Financed)
Assam Women’s University Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility requirements to be satisfied before applying for Assam Women’s University Admission 2020.
- Only female candidates are eligible for admission
- A candidate applying for undergraduate programme shall be at least 17 years of age as on August 1, 2020 (i.e., must have been born before 01-08-2002).
For detailed eligibility criteria and seat intake of Diploma, Under Graduate and Post Graduate Programmes check the below image.
Assam Women’s University Admission 2020 Entrance Examination
There is a separate entrance test for different programmes. The entrance exam is going to be conducted as per the schedule. Candidates can check the entrance exam scheme for the different programme from below.
- For Bachelor of Physiotherapy, questions will be on Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English from 10+2 level syllabus.
- For Master of Physiotherapy, questions will be Bachelor of Physiotherapy syllabus
- For BA in Psychology, the test will assess candidate’s English Proficiency, Reasoning and Basic Arithmetic skills.
- For MA in Psychology, the test will assess knowledge of Undergraduate Psychology facts & concepts along with English Proficiency, Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude.
- For MBA and MTTM written test, questions will be on Current Affairs, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning and English.
- For MLIS written test, questions will be on Reasoning, English and Computer Basics.
- For MA in Political Science, questions of the written test will be on Current Affairs and as per degree syllabus.
- For MA in Mass Communication, questions of the written test will be on Current Affairs, NorthEast Culture, Media, Language Skill, Comprehension /Grammar.
- For MA in English, Entrance test will be conducted on two phases. Phase-I: Written Test of total 70 Marks on the History of English Literature and Language. Phase-II: Oral Viva of 30 Marks to evaluate the speaking skills and knowledge of the subject.
- For MBA, MTTM and MA in Mass Communication programmes, the written test will be followed by group discussion and/or personal interview.
Assam Women’s University Admission 2020 Result
The result will be announced once the entrance exam process gets completed successfully. The result will be available on the official website. The final merit list will be prepared based on the academic performance of the candidate and the marks scored in the entrance examinations conducted by the respective departments. However, the qualifying marks of the entrance test for the Department of Physiotherapy is 50%.
Assam Women’s University Admission 2020 Seat Reservation
The University makes provisions for reservation of seats as per Government of Assam norms for eligible candidates. Certificates from the competent authorities against each of the reserved categories must be enclosed along with the filled-in application form. Self-attested copies of certificates mentioned against each of the categories must be submitted along with the application form, the original of which has to be produced at the time of admission.
- Scheduled Caste specified in relation to the state of Assam under Article 341 of the Constitution of India. (Certificate from the competent authority countersigned by the Deputy Commissioner /Additional Deputy Commissioner).
- Scheduled Tribes (Plains and Hills) specified in relation to the state of Assam under Article 342 of the Constitution of India. (Certificate from competent authority countersigned by the Deputy Commissioner /Additional Deputy Commissioner).
- Other Backward Classes (OBC)/More Other Backward Classes (MOBC) specified in relation to the state of Assam. (Certificate from competent authority countersigned by the Deputy Commissioner /Additional Deputy Commissioner).
- Persons with Disabilities as per provisions of Section 39 under The Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act 1995. (Certificate from competent authority countersigned by the Deputy Commissioner /Additional Deputy Commissioner).
Assam Women’s University 2020 Admission Conditions
Admission of a candidate to a Programme is subject to the following conditions:
- Fulfilment of the eligibility criteria as specified in Eligibility Criteria for Admission.
- Selection for admission to the Programme.
- Production of all the relevant documents such as pass certificates and marksheets of all earlier examinations with requisite percentage of marks in original and original copies of documents uploaded at the time of submission of the application form.
- Submission of a set of self-attested copy of all pass certificate, marksheets and other the relevant documents.
- Submission of the character certificate from the Head of the Institution and Migration certificate (in original) from the Board/University last attended.
- Submission of a self-attested printout of the filled-in application form.
- Receipt of payment of admission fee in full
Official Website: awu.ac.in
For more information regarding Assam Women’s University Admission 2020, check Prospectus
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.