The dream for DON BOSCO UNIVERSITY was born out of an imperative in the psyche of Don Bosco Society that the society has to be emphatically present there where the professionals and the leaders of the society are being formed. The Campus now hosts various programmes of study including B.Tech (5 branches), M.Tech (4 branches), MCA, BCA, B.Com and MSc Physics with over 1700 students. The Assam Don Bosco University offers a variety of Academic Programmes in Engineering, Management and Social Sciences both as campus programmes and through its Centre for Online and Distance Education – DBU Global.
Don Bosco University Admission 2018
Assam Don Bosco University has released the notification from eligible candidates to admission in Undergraduate and Post Graduate courses for the academic year 2018-19. Eligible candidates may apply online or fill the offline application form from the official website www.dbuniversity.ac.in. Candidates can check the complete information regarding Assam Don Bosco University (DBU) Admission 2018 application process, schedule dates and other information through this page below.
|Last Date to Apply for First Entrance Test – BTECH (Regular)||03 May 2018|
|Last Date to Apply for First Entrance Test – BTECH (Lateral Entry)||31 May 2018|
|First Entrance Test – BTECH (Regular) for applicants
who have not appeared for JEE or State Entrance Tests
|05 May 2018|
|First Entrance Test – BTECH (Lateral Entry)||02 June 2018|
|Entrance Test and Personal Interview dates for MCA, MCA (Lateral Entry) at Azara Campus||05 May 2018, 02 June 2018 & 07 July 2018 (applications should be submitted at least 2 days before the entrance test)|
|Entrance Test and Personal Interview dates for MTECH at Azara Campus||07 July 2018 (Apply before 5 July) The dates will be informed personally to those who apply after 06 July 2018|
|Entrance Test and Personal Interview dates for MSW at Tapesia Campus||05 May 2018, 02 June 2018 & 07 July 2018 (applications should be submitted at least 2 days before the entrance test)|
|Personal Interview dates for MSC (Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Microbiology, Physics, Zoology) MA (Education, English, Mass Communication,) MSC Psychology at Tapesia Campus (Azara Campus for Mathematics)||Dates will be informed personally|
|Commencement of Classes|
|BTECH (Lateral Entry||11 July 2018|
|All other programmes||25 July 2018|
DBU 2018 Application Form
Candidates visit the official website www.dbuniversity.ac.in to apply online application, register yourself using a valid e-mail ID. Follow the “Steps for Applcation” given on the portal and enter the required information. Submit the application using the Prospectus ID and Prospectus Key. Candidates can also fill their application form the direct link provided below.
Steps to fill Online Application
- Register on our application portal with your email address.
- After registration, check your email id to verify the e-mail id and activate your registration.
- Log-in using your email id and password
- Fill in the application form online. Please note that a partially filled application form will not be saved.
- After filling in the application form, click “Submit” and then on the next page, agree to the declaration and click on “Confirm Submission”.
- Preview your application and print it if you require.
- Go to the payment page, select the mode of payment.
- Pay the application form fee Rs. 600, payable in cash, Net Banking, credit/debit card.
- Apply Online: Click Here to apply online for Don Bosco University Admission 2018
Offline Application Form
Download the application form from our website (www. dbuniversity.ac.in) fill it and post it to Registrar (Admissions), Assam Don Bosco University, Airport Road, Azara, Guwahati – 781017, Assam, with an application fee of Rs. 650.00.
- Application Form: Click Here to download Don Bosco University Admission 2018.
- 60% at 3 Year Diploma or 50% at BSc.
- Valid scores from Don Bosco University Graduate Entrance Test (DBU-GET) – mandatory requirement.
- Passed Higher Secondary School Leaving Examination (or equivalent) in any stream with 45% in the aggregate. Those who have pursued Mathematics at Class XII will have an advantage.
- Candidates must appear for a personal interview
Passed Higher Secondary School Leaving Examination (or equivalent) with 45% of the aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Passed Higher Secondary School Leaving Examination (or equivalent) in any stream with 45% in the aggregate and 50% in English for those opting for honours in English or Mass Communication.
For BA in Economics
Passed Higher Secondary School Leaving Examination with minimum of 50% marks. Those with Economics / Mathematics / Statistics will have preference.
Passed Higher Secondary School Leaving Examination in Commerce or equivalent with 50% of the aggregate
- Graduation in any stream with a minimum of 50% of the aggregate marks
- Pass marks in Mathematics or equivalent at the +2 or graduation level
- Candidates must appear for an Entrance Test – Don Bosco University Post Graduate Entrance Test (DBUPGET) for MCA and a Personal Interview.
Graduation/Post Graduation in an appropriate area of Engineering/Science with a CGPA of 6.5 (10 point scale) or 60% in the aggregate in the qualifying examination.
For M.Sc (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Zoology)
Graduation in Science with 50% of the aggregate and Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics as a subject. Candidates with honours in Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics or Zoology as a subject only for M.Sc Zoology students will have an advantage
For MSc (Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Microbiology)
Graduation in any area of Life Sciences with 60% of the aggregate and Chemistry as a subject. Those who have a background in Biotechnology/Biochemistry/Microbiology at Bachelor’s Degree will have an advantage.
For M.Sc in Psychology or Master in Social Work (MSW)
Graduation in any stream with 50% of the aggregate. Those who have a background in Social Work / Psychology / Education / Sociology / Home Science / Human Resource Management will have an advantage.
For MA in English or in Education
Graduation in any stream with 50% of the aggregate from a UGC Recognized University. Those with experience in the field of educational administration will be preferred first for M.A in Education.
Bachelor Degree in Commerce from any UGC recognized University with 50% aggregate.
- Graduation in any discipline with a minimum of 50% of the aggregate marks.
- Provisional Admission: Applicants who have not yet obtained their Bachelor’s Degree also may apply for admission. Such candidates would be offered provisional admission until they furnish evidence of fulfilling the eligibility criterion stated in (1) above within 3 months of the commencement of the programme.
- Candidates having a certain period of full-time work experience after graduation shall be preferred for admission.
For 4-year Integrated B.A/B.Sc./B.Com – B.Ed. Programme
The candidate needs to pass out 12th grade examination with 55% marks for his/her eligibility.
For Certificate in Maria Montessori Pre-Primary Teacher Education (MMPPTE)
The duration of the programme will be 6 months and the eligibility criteria for admission will be at least 50% marks in Higher Secondary (+2 ) stage.
For MA in Mass Communication
Graduation in any stream with 50% of the aggregate. Those who have a background in Mass Communication, Journalism, Photography, etc., will have an advantage.
BTECH: Admissions will be given on a first-come-firstserved basis into preferred branches (according to availability of seats) from the date the candidates fulfil eligibility criteria, i.e., have the result of the qualifying examination and a valid entrance test
BCA, BCOM, BA & BSc (Honours): Admissions will be given on a first-come-first-served basis to candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria after the results of the qualifying examinations are declared.
At the time of admission, the candidates must be accompanied by their parent(s). The candidates must produce:
- Originals of marksheets and entrance test score cards (if applicable) for verification.
- Proof of date of birth
- Caste/Tribe/Community certificate if applicable
- Student health form, duly filled
- Anti-ragging form, duly filled and signed
Entrance Test (DBU-GET) for B.Tech (Regular and Lateral Entry)
- Those who do not appear for JEE or State Entrance Tests must appear for Don Bosco University Graduate Entrance Test (DBU-GET).
- The DBU-GET for BTECH will examine the candidates on their proficiency in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics at the class XII level.
- BTECH Entrance Tests will be conducted at the Tapesia Campus, Azara Campus and at Don Bosco Youth Centre in Shillong.
B.TECH (Lateral Entry)
- All candidates for BTECH (Lateral Entry) must appear for Don Bosco University Graduate Entrance Test (DBU-GET).
- The DBU-GET for BTECH (Lateral Entry) will examine the candidates on Mathematics, Computer Science, English Usage and the discipline into which they seek admission.
- BTECH (Lateral Entry) Entrance Tests will be conducted only at Azara Campus, Assam Don Bosco University. It will be followed by personal interviews on the same day. The entire process is expected to take about 6 hours.
Reservation of Seats
- The guidelines of the State Government on reservations are adhered to.
- 10% of the seats are reserved for candidates from Don Bosco Society related institutions and 20% of the seats are reserved for candidates from the Christian minority community.
- The minimum eligibility criteria are applicable to all categories
Candidates who are shortlisted for admission are to pay the admission fees (non-refundable) at any of the University Offices before 5:00 pm on the day of admission. If this is not done, the offer of admission will stand cancelled.
Official Website: www.dbuniversity.ac.in.
For more details on Assam Don Bosco University Admission 2018 – Download Information Brochure.