Sambalpur University M.Phil Admission 2020 – Sambalpur University will release the application form for admission into M.Phil in various departments for the academic year 2020. Application form will be released online on the official website (suniv.ac.in). The admission will be done on the basis of merit list prepared on the basis of entrance test. All the relevant details of Sambalpur University M.Phil Admission 2020including the application process, eligibility criteria, courses offered, etc can be checked from this article.
Sambalpur University M.Phil Admission 2020
The candidates should read the eligibility criteria carefully before filling up of application form online. The application form for the admission should be submitted before the due date. The admission process will be commencing as per the schedule given below
Schedule for the Sambalpur University M.Phil Admission 2020
|Application form (online)||3rd week of May 2020|
|Last date of online submission of application||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Last date of submission of hard copy of the application||4th week of Jun 2020|
|Downloading of Admit Cards for Entrance Test||4th week of Jun 2020|
|Date of Entrance Test||1st week of Jul 2020|
|Admission on the basis of merit will be completed on or before||4th week of Jul 2020|
|2nd Advertisement for filling of SC/ST and UR vacancies, if any||4th week of Jul 2020|
|Final Advertisement for filling of SC/ST and UR vacancies, if any||1st week of Aug 2020|
|Dereservation of vacant SC/ST seats||3rd week of Aug 2020|
- Candidates seeking admission into any M.Phil course must have passed Master’s degree Examination of Sambalpur University / other Universities / Institutions in the concerned subject or allied subjects recognized by Sambalpur University having secured 55% marks in the aggregate or having secured an overall grade point average (OGPA) equivalent to 55% of marks by conversion. A relaxation of 5% marks, from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
- Candidates, who have appeared at the qualifying examinations and the results thereof awaited, are also eligible to apply. However, they have to submit the Provisional Certificate and Mark sheet of the qualifying examination within ten days after the publication of the result of Sambalpur University or on the date of entrance test whichever is later, otherwise their cases for selection shall not be considered.
Sambalpur University M.Phil Application Form 2020
Application form of Sambalpur University for Admission into M.Phil Course will be available on the official website (suniv.ac.in). Candidates have to fill their Application form online on or before the last date of application. Candidates are requested to read the instruction carefully before filling the application form.
(Application fee is as per the last year data!)
Application Fee: The candidate should deposit Rs.500/- through State Bank Collect at the time of registration for online admission.
Mode of Payment: Procedure for depositing Rs.500/- is online using State Bank Collect facility. The amount can be deposited using Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking facility of any Bank besides visiting any SBI branch to deposit by cash or cheque drawn on any SBI Branch
Instructions to fill the application form:
- The candidate should first register himself/ herself (through appropriate link) by providing the following information:
- Name of the course
- Name of the candidate
- email ID
- SB Collect Reference No. (provided by the Bank)
- SBI Branch Name
- Password (to be created by the candidate)
- The candidates can then fill up the form online. After completion of all the fields in the form, the candidates should click the “submit” button. Thereafter a page will be opened with all the information of the candidate that he/she has filled in.
- The candidate then has to take a printout of this page and sends/submits it to the respective Head of P.G. Department, Sambalpur University along with the following documents latest the due date.
Documents to be submitted
- Two recent passport size colour photographs of the candidate duly attested by a Gazetted Officer.
- Attested copies of the Mark sheets and Certificates of all examinations starting from H.S.C for determining eligibility.
- e-receipt of Rs.500/- in original towards payment of processing fee.
- An attested copy of the certificate from CDMO regarding his/her disability for 40% and more (in case of Physically Handicapped Candidates).
- An attested copy of the Caste Certificate obtained from a Revenue Officer not below the rank of a Deputy Collector or MLA or MP or DWO, in absence of which the candidate will not be eligible to get concession allowed under reserved categories.
The undertaking form(s) should be duly filled in and signed by the applicant and his/her father or natural guardian The envelope containing the application complete in all respect must be superscribed “Application for Admission in M.Phil. in (name of the subject)” S.U. Application incomplete in any manner shall be rejected.
Sambalpur University will release admit card for the Entrance Examination going to be held for Sambalpur University M.Phil Admission 2020. Candidates who will submit their application form before the last date will be able to download their admit card from the official website (suniv.ac.in) of the University. We will also render a direct link for the ease of the candidates to download the admit card.
Selection for Admission
(The selection procedure given below is as per the last year data!)
- Admission cannot be claimed as a matter of right.
- Selection for admission into different Courses shall be done through Written Entrance Test (with coding and decoding system), Career Mark and Viva-Voce with 60%, 30% and 10% weightage respectively. Absence of a candidate either from Written or viva-voce or both shall disqualify him/her for admission. The written test shall cover M.A/M.Sc. syllabi of Sambalpur University in the concerned subject wherever applicable for eligibility.
- Five percent of the total aggregate marks secured by the candidate shall be added to the aggregate marks in qualifying examination in case of children of Ex-defence personnel and for participants in the Inter University Sports and State Team approved by the National Organisation (provided that in order to be eligible for such concession under sportsman category the player concerned should have participated in the respective competitions within two years prior to the date of application for admission).
- Similarly, three percent of the total aggregate marks secured by the candidate in the qualifying examination for NSS Best Volunteers shall be added to the aggregate marks for career marking.
- Weightage to NCC “B’ & “C” Certificate holders shall be given at par with NSS Best Volunteers on submission of a certificate from the authorized body.
- While calculating career mark, weightage will be given to candidates having secured Honours in the concerned subject only. Honours in other subjects shall be put at par with pass weightage.
Candidates will provisionally selected for admission into M.Phil courses for the academic session 2020. Candidates are required to submit required documents to get admitted. The merit for each subject for M.Phil course will be released separately. The candidates whose names appear in the merit list will be called for the document verification process.
Documents Required at the time of Admission:
The selected candidates must send/submit the following documents by Registered / Speed Post or in person for admission to the respective Heads of the P.G. Departments.
- College Leaving Certificate in original from the Institution last attended
- Conduct Certificate in original from the Institution last attended
- Original Mark sheets / Certificates starting from H.S.C.E. to last qualifying examination.
(In case of +3 Examination, Mark sheet of First Examination and Final Examination are to be submitted separately, if detailed marks are not provided in the final mark sheet).
- Migration Certificate in original for the candidate from other University.
- Two recent passport size colour photographs duly attested by a gazetted officer
- Original Income Certificate (In respect of female candidates claiming concession in tuition fee).
- Original Caste Certificate for SC/ST candidates.
- Experience certificate and relief order (only for in-service teachers and Library professionals as the case may be).
- Required fees specified in the Intimation Letter.
|Anthropology||M Phil In Anthropology|
|Biotechnology & Bioinformatics||Biotechnology|
|Business Administration||M Phil in Business Administration|
|Chemistry||M Phil in Chemistry|
|Computer Sc. & Application||M Phil in Computer Science|
|Earth Science||M Phil in Applied Geology|
|Economics||M Phil in Economics|
|English||M Phil in English|
|Environmental Science||M Phil in Environmental Science|
|History||M Phil in History|
|Home Science||M Phil in Home Science|
|Law||M Phil in Law|
|Library & Information Science||M Phil in Library & Information Science|
|Life Sciences||M Phil in Life Science|
|Mathematics||M Phil in Mathematics|
|Odia||M Phil in Odia|
|Physics||M Phil in Physics|
|Political Science & Public Administration||M Phil in Pol Sc|
|Political Science & Public Administration||M Phil in Public Administration|
|Sociology||M Phil in Sociology|
|Statistics||M Phil in Statistics|
- 22.5% and 16.25% of seats in each course are reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled Castes respectively. The reserved seats are not interchangeable between SCs and STs and the reserved seats lying vacant after 2nd advertisement for SCs/STs shall be dereserved and opened to all categories of applicants.
- Persons with disabilities (PWD) – 5% of sanctioned seat shall be reserved for PWD students with extent of disability not below 40% (blindness and low vision, hard of hearing, locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy, autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness.
- OEx-Serviceman (ESM), Serving Defence Personnel (SDP), Children of Martyrs (CoM) – 1% of the sanctioned seats shall be reserved for Self / Children / Wife / Husband of Ex-Serviceman, Serving Defence Personnel & the Children of Martyrs.
- Concessions for the wards of Kashmiri migrants for admission shall be allowed as per the directive of the MHRD, Govt. of India.
Fee structure for admission into M.Phil. Sociology can be checked from here. However the information regarding the fees for this year is not yet out so the fee structure given below is as per the last year data!.
Click here to check the fees structure for M.Phil. Sociology.
For more detail of Sambalpur University M.Phil Admission 2020, Download last year’s- Prospectus.Sambalpur University Admissions