|Times Group Bennett University Admission 2018||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
Sambalpur University M.Phil Admission 2018 – Applications in prescribed forms has been released online form admission into the following M.Phil courses of Sambalpur University for the academic year 2018. Interested candidates have to fill their Application online from the official portal. All the relevant details of Sambalpur University M.Phil Admission 2018 like application process, eligibility criteria, courses offered and other information given on this page below.
Anthroplogy / Business Administration / Biotechnology & Bioinformatics / Chemistry / Computer Science / Earth Science / Economics / English / Environmental Science / Hindi / History / Home Science / Lib & Inf. Science / Life Sciences / Mathematics / Odia / Physics / Political Science / Administratio / Sociology / Statistics.
Reservation policy as per the rules of the University will be applicable.
Sambalpur University M.Phil Admission 2018
The last date for submission of online application is 20 Nov 2017 up to 5:00 pm and hardcopy of the application along with required documents should read the respective Head of the Department. Selection will be made on the basis of Marks obtained in Written Entrance Test.
Schedule for the Sambalpur University M.Phil Admission 2018 is given below.
|Availability of Application form||25 Oct 2017|
|Last date of online submission of application||20 Nov 2017|
|Last date of receiving of hard copy of application form with enclosures||20 Nov 2017|
|Downloading of Admit Card for Entrance Test||25 Nov 2017|
|Date of Entrance Examination||04 Dec 2017|
The results of Sambalpur University M.Phil entrance exam has been released. The candidates who have applied for M.PHIL and given the exam can check their results from the link provided below.
Results: Click Here to check the results.
Sambalpur University has released admit card for the Entrance Examination to be held on December 04, 2017. Candidates who have submitted their application form before the last date can download their admit card from the direct link provided below.
The process of downloading Admit Card is over now…!!!
Application Form 2018
Application form of Sambalpur University for Admission into M.Phil Course is available now. Candidates can fill their Application form online on or before the last date of application. Candidates are requested to read the instruction carefully before filling the application form.
The application process is over now…!!
Application Fee is Rs. 500/- will be deposited online by using State Bank Collect Facility.
Procedure to Fill the Application Form
- Go To SBI branch deposit Rs. 500/- online using STATE BANK COLLECT.
- Keep a soft copy of your Passport Size Photograph (Maximum dimension of 300×400 px. and size of 100 kB), to upload with the form.
- Go to New Registration link and fill all the required fields (Please remember the details and do not disclose to others.)
- First, register your self by clicking on ‘Register to apply Online’ with Bank Reference Number, then login to apply
- In case the marks are in Grade convert to the equivalent percentage for 10th and +2 and write 1st class/ 2nd class/ 3rd class.
- After submitting the form successfully, take a print out of the Form, staple attested copies of your photographs along with all relevant documents, undertaking Form duly filled in & signed and send it to respective Head of Department, Sambalpur University, Jyoti Vihar Burla-768019 Dist.Sambalpur, Odisha. The envelope must be superscribed as “Application for M.Phil. Admission into ______(Course applying For)____ and Index No._____”. which by 5.00 PM of 20.11.2018 .No application received thereafter should be entertained.The University Authority shall not be held responsible for any postal delay.The other copy of the Form should be with the Student.
- Admit card for Entrance/Viva must be downloaded from user login.
- After submitting the form successfully, you can edit your form up to 48 hours. After that, your form will be treated as final.
- Candidates seeking admission into any M.Phil course must have passed Master’s degree Examination of Sambalpur University in the concerned subject or allied subjects or an examination recognized by Sambalpur University/UGC/AIU as equivalent thereto, having secured 55% marks in the aggregate or having secured an overall grade point average (OGPA) equivalent to 55% of marks by conversion. A relaxation of 5% marks, from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
- Candidates who have appeared the qualifying examination and the result thereof are awaited, are also eligible to apply. However, they have to submit the Provisional Certificate and Mark Sheet of the qualifying examination within ten days after publication of the result of Sambalpur University or on or before the Entrance Test schedule whichever is later, failing which, their cases for selection shall not be considered.
- Twenty five percent of seats in M.Phil programme shall be reserved for teachers (also applicable to Librarians and Library Professionals (of +2 or High Level Colleges) having at least 5 years of professional experience in a College duly recognized by the Govt. with a certificate to be produced by the Candidates to that effect and who have been sanctioned study leave for one year for prosecuting the course by their appropriate authorities. They have to be duly relieved by their employers. In case of the vacancy under this category, the seats will be filled up by general candidates as per merit list.
- 22.5% and 16.25% of seats in each course are reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled Castes respectively.
- One seat in each department (both in P.G and M.Phil level combined together) will be reserved for Physical Handicapped candidates. Such candidate is required to produce a certificate from the C.D.M.O regarding his/her disability for 40% or above. On the basis of the certificate issued by the District Medical Board, admission under P.H. category may be considered by the respective Heads of the Departments.
Reservation of seats for candidates belonging to SC/ST category shall be calculated category wise accordingly. The reserved seats are not interchangeable between SCs and STs and the reserved seats lying vacant after 3rd admission notification shall be deserved and opened to all categories of applicants.
Selection for Admission
- Admission cannot be claimed as a matter of right.
- Selection for admission into different Courses shall be done through Written Entrance Test (with coding and decoding system), Career Mark and Viva-Voce with 60%, 30% and 10% weightage respectively. Absence of a candidate either from Written or viva-voce or both shall disqualify him/her for admission. The written test shall cover M.A/M.Sc. syllabi of Sambalpur University in the concerned subject wherever applicable for eligibility.
- Five percent of the total aggregate marks secured by the candidate shall be added to the aggregate marks in qualifying examination in case of children of Ex-defence personnel and for participants in the Inter University Sports and State Team approved by the National Organisation (provided that in order to be eligible for such concession under sportsman category the player concerned should have participated in the respective competitions within two years prior to the date of application for admission).
- Similarly three percent of the total aggregate marks secured by the candidate in qualifying examination for NSS Best Volunteers shall be added to the aggregate marks for career marking.
- Weightage to NCC “B’ & “C” Certificate holders shall be given at par with NSS Best Volunteers on submission of certificate from the authorised body.
- While calculating career mark, weightage will be given to candidates having secured Honours in the concerned subject only. Honours in other subjects shall be put at par with pass weightage.
Formula for calculating career mark for admission into M.Phil Courses:
The selected candidates must send the following documents by Registered / Speed Post for admission to the respective Heads of the P.G. Departments.
- College Leaving Certificate in original from the Institution last attended;
- Conduct Certificate in original from the Institution last attended;
- Original Mark sheets / Certificates starting from H.S.C.E. to last qualifying examination. (In case of +3 Examination, Mark sheet of First Examination and Final Examination are to be submitted separately, if detailed marks are not provided in the final mark sheet).
- Migration Certificate in original for candidate from other University.
- Two recent passport size colour photographs duly attested by a gazetted officer
- Original Income Certificate (In respect of female candidates claiming concession in tuition fee).
- Original Caste Certificate for SC/ST candidates.
- Experience certificate and relief order (only for in-service teachers and Library professionals as the case may be).
- Required fees specified in the Intimation Letter.
For more detail of Sambalpur University M.Phil Admission 2018 – Download Information Brochure.