The scheduled date for CLAT 2014 examination is Sunday, 11th May, 2014.
The candidates are required to keep checking their LOGIN ACCOUNT regularly so that they can fill-in the preferences of the NLUs at appropriate time and also get the updated information about the CLAT in order to complete the formalities, if any, from their end.
The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) – 2014 will be conducted by the Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), Gandhinagar.
The important features of CLAT-2014 are the introduction of online Application and later Centralized Online Counselling for admission. It is believed that this scheme will save time, energy and efforts of thousands of students and parents and make the overall process more efficient and effective.
CLAT 2014 - The Common Law Admission Test is an all India entrance test conducted by 14 National Law Universities/Institutes for admissions to five-year integrated under-graduate and post graduate degree programmes. The 14 participating NLUs in the order of their establishment. Click here for more details on these 14 National Law Universities/Institutes or scroll down to the bottom of this post.
The first Common Law Admission Test CLAT Core Committee (consisting of Vice-Chancellors of the participating Universities / Institutes) decided that the test should be conducted by rotation in the order of their establishment. Accordingly, CLAT-2008 (NLSIU, Bangalore), CLAT-2009 (NALSAR, Hyderabad), CLAT-2010 (NLIU, Bhopal), CLAT-2011 (WBNUJS, Kolkata) and CLAT-2012 (NLUJ, Jodhpur) were conducted.
UPDATE (May, 2014) - Provisional inclusion of Tamil Nadu National Law School for CLAT-2014
In compliance with the interim order passed by the Madurai Bench of the Hon’ble Madras High Court in the matter WP (MD) No. 6427 of 2014, it is hereby informed that “Tamil Nadu National Law School” has been provisionally included for CLAT-2014, subject to the ultimate outcome of the petition, as per the interim order.
CLAT 2014 Application Form
CLAT 2014 General Information
- Important Dates
- General Information
- Pattern of the Paper
- Mode of Admission
- Law Universities in India
- Locate Prospectus Distribution Center
- Rejection Forms of CLAT 2014
- Test Centres
- Procedure for Admission against NRI/NRI Sponsored Seats
Post Exam Information
- Provisional Admission List Institution Wise
- University Allotment List
- Detailed Analysis of the Exam
- Answer Key
- Calendar after Result
The 14 participating NLUs in the order of their establishment are:
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
- National Academy of Legal Study & Research (NALSAR) University of Law, Hyderabad
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU)
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
- National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (RGNUL)
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
- National Law University, Odisha (NLUO)
- National University of Study & Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
- National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJA)
If you have any queries regarding CLAT 2014 – Exam, admissions, preparation; please ask here in comments below.