Common Law Admission Test (CLAT)
CLAT – The Common Law Admission Test is an all India entrance test conducted by National Law Universities /Institutes for admissions to five-year integrated under-graduate and post graduate degree programmes. The participating NLUs in the order of their establishment. For more details on these National Law Universities /Institutes or scroll down to the bottom of this post.
The first Common Law Admission Test CLAT Core Committee (consisting of Vice-Chancellors of the participating Universities / Institutes) decided that the test should be conducted by rotation in the order of their establishment. Accordingly, CLAT-2008 (NLSIU, Bangalore), CLAT-2009 (NALSAR, Hyderabad), CLAT-2010 (NLIU, Bhopal), CLAT-2011 (WBNUJS, Kolkata) and CLAT-2012 (NLUJ, Jodhpur) were conducted.
Click Here for CLAT 2015 Complete Information – Dates, Application Form, Admit Card, Result, Counselling etc.
CLAT Counselling 2015
CLAT-15 online counseling process shall start from 21.05.2015. In the first phase candidates shall be required to indicate their preferences for NLU(s) where they want to take admission. All the candidates who have appeared in CLAT-15 examination are advised to read carefully ‘Counseling and admissions – Instructions for candidates’ available on the CLAT website before proceeding for online counseling process.
|Indicating University Wise Preference||21/05/2015||25/05/2015|
|Seat Allotment – First Roud||31/05/2015||–|
|Payment of CLAT Counselling Fee||04/06/2015||10/06/2015|
|Seat Allotment – Second Roud||15/06/2015||–|
|Locking Allotted Seats / Up-gradation / Withdrawal against second Allotment List||16/06/2015||19/06/2015|
|Seat Allotment – Thrid Round||22/06/2015||–|
|Admission against allotment list to be completed by the participating NLU(s)||24/06/2015||27/06/2015|
|Details of vacancies for participating NLU(s)||28/06/2015||–|
|Admission against 4th allotment list to be completed by the participating NLU(s)||02/07/2015||04/07/2015|
|Closure of admission process by CLAT-2015 office||06/07/2015||–|
The merit-cum-preference will be the basic principle of admission for CLAT 2015 and the allotment of candidates to various NLU(s) will be based on the same, wherein the candidates will be able to mark the preferences of the NLU(s) for admission within the stipulated period mentioned in the schedule, failing which their right to be considered for admission shall be forfeited.
The candidates failing to deposit the required fees by the specified date will forfeit their right to be considered for admission in CLAT – 2015 and their names will be dropped from the CLAT – 2015 Merit List.
Books & Papers
The participating NLUs in the order of their establishment are:
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
- National Academy of Legal Study & Research (NALSAR) University of Law, Hyderabad
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU)
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
- National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (RGNUL)
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
- National Law University, Odisha (NLUO)
- National University of Study & Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
- National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJA)
- Tamil Nadu National Law School (TNNLS)
If you have any queries regarding CLAT Exam, admissions, preparation; please ask here in comments below.