KCET 2015 is the Karnataka Common Entrance Test for engineering, medical, architecture, pharmacy, and other courses. Eligible candidates must submit the KCET 2015 Application Form with correct and verifiable details. Applicants will be then issued the KCET 2015 admit card / hall ticket to appear in the examination. Based on their performance in the common entrance test, Karnataka Common Entrance Test (CET) results will be announced individually for each course.
Qualified candidates can participate in the centralized CET 2015 counselling and get admission in institutions of their choice as per merit. Details of KCET 2015 application form, admit card, exam pattern, result and counselling are given here for interested candidates.
Latest update – Those candidates who had not attend the relevant Kannada Language Test, Click here for detailed Notification.
Official Notification regarding Karnataka CET 2015 has been published on January 24, 2015. For the reference of candidates, the examination highlights are given here.
KCET 2015 Re scheduled
As per notification announced by KEA, KCET 2015 is being re scheduled. As of now, the new dates decided for the Karnataka Common Entrance Test are 12 and 13 May, 2015. Detailed notification is as given below.
KCET 2015 Examinations Postponed due to strike call given by the Joint Front of All Central Trade Unions including KSRTC Staff & Workers Federation
KCET 2015 examinations scheduled for April 29, 30 and May 1, 2015 have been postponed due to the reported Nationwide Strike call given by the KSRTC Staff, Workers Federation and the joint Front of all Central Trade Unions on April 30, 2015. Government has directed KEA to reschedule the dates in the interest of students and to avoid inconvenience to them.
KCET 2015 exams have been rescheduled to 12-05-2015 and 13-05-2015. Click here to read detailed notification.
The detailed time table of the exams are as follows. For details the candidates may visit KEA website: http://kea.kar.nic.in.
|12.05.2015||10:30 AM to 11:50 AM||Biology||60|
|12.05.2015||2:30 PM to 3:50 PM||Mathematics||60|
|13.05.2015||10:30 AM to 11:50 AM||Physics||60|
|13.05.2015||2:30 PM to 3:50 PM||Chemistry||60|
|13.05.2015||4:45 PM to 5:45 PM||Kannada Language Test||Both for Horanadu and Gadinadu Kannadiga candidates|
Rest of the dates shall remain same.
Important Dates of KCET 2015
Those who will appear in the Karnataka Common Entrance Test must note the schedule.
|Date of Notification||24 Jan 2015|
|Issue of KCET 2015 online application form begins on||30 Jan 2015|
|Last date to fill in details in the online application form of KCET 2015 at kea.kar.nic.in.||05 March 2015|
|Last date for payment of fees in bank or post office for Karnataka CET 2015.||04 March 2015|
|Test admission ticket (KCET 2015 admit card) to be downloaded by applicants from kea.kar.nic.in from.||15 Apr 2015|
|KCET 2015 Biology, and Mathematics Exam Date|
|KCET 2015 Physics, and Chemistry Exam Date|
|Kannada language test exam date|
|Submission of Special Category Certificates to KEA (NCC, Sports, Defence, Ex-Defence, Anglo Indians, CAPF)||02 to 09 May 2015|
|Publishing provisional KCET 2015 Answer Keys||05 May 2015|
|Last date to send objections regarding answer keys.||11 May 2015|
|Verification of documents for agriculturist quota at the respective Practical Test Centres on all working days.||04 to 12 May 2015|
|Date of Practical Examination to claim seats under Agriculturist Quota.||16 May 2015|
|Last date for appearing to NATA||20 May 2015|
|Last date for submission of NATA scores along with a copy of the 2nd PU / 12 Std. Marks card to KEA||22 May 2015|
KCET 2015 Time Table & Scheme
KCET 2015 exam pattern explains the marking scheme, number of questions, and other relevant details that a candidate must know before attempting the Karnataka Common Entrance Test. Examination pattern of KCET 2015 shall be as determined by the Karnataka Examination Authority, and will be different for each question paper. Based on the course (Engg., Medical, Ayurveda, Pharmacy), candidate will have to attempt physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics papers in the KCET 2015 exam.
In order to obtain admission to any of the professional courses through KEA, a candidate must appear for the Common Entrance Test, which will be conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority, Bangalore. The Common Entrance Test 2015 will be conducted at various test centers. Key highlights of the KCET 2015 exam pattern is given below.
Revised time table is given above, under the notification regarding new dates.
Minimum of 50% marks in Practical Examination is required to claim seat under Agriculturist Quota. Further, Agriculturist Quota is applicable only for Under Graduate courses detailed in Para 2 (5 and 6) above. Practical Examination will be conducted at Bangalore, Hassan, Mandya, Raichur, Mysore, Munirabad (Koppal District), Arabhavai (Gokak Tq), Tamaka (Kolar District), Mangalore, Bidar, Bagalkot, Dhanrvad and Shimoga.
MBBS aspirants must score at least 50% marks in the KCET 2015 Medical Entrance exam in order to qualify. In case of SC, ST, and Category 1, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B candidates, the minimum qualifying marks is 40%.
More elaborate details of the KCET exam pattern for Karnataka CET 2015 will be updated here when the information brochure is available.
KCET 2015 Application Form
KCET 2015 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate who has obtained seat in any discipline through KEA CET in any of previous years shall not be eligible to continue in the course to which he / she has been admitted during previous years immediately upon selection of a seat in any different discipline during the current year.
- For KCET 2015 Engineering entrance exam, candidate must have passed qualifying examination with Mathematics, Physics as compulsory subjects. He / she must have one of them as optional subjects – Chemistry, Bio-Technology, Biology, Electronics, Computer Science and English as one of the languages of study. Also, candidate should have obtained aggregate minimum of 45% marks (40% for SC, ST, OBC) in aggregate.
- For KCET 2015 Medical entrance exam, in the qualifying examination, that candidate must have obtained at least 50% (40% for SC, ST, OBC) aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Once candidate has satisfied that he / she fulfills all the eligibility criteria for the particular course, proceed to Karnataka CET 2015 application form. This year the form filling is to be done online at http://kea.kar.nic.in/.
You will need to fill the following details in KCET 2015 application form.
- Name of candidate, candidate’s father and mother.
- Annual income of parent.
- Religion, caste and reservation code.
- Date of birth.
- Qualifying examination details.
- Communication details.
KCET 2015 Admit Card (Hall Ticket)
The admit card of Karnataka CET exam is issued to those candidates who have submitted the application form before last date. KCET test admission ticket will be available for download from April 15, 2015. Admit card of KCET must be downloaded using log in details, which are generated during filling up of application form. KCET 2015 admit card must contain the following information.
- Name and other details of candidate,
- Thumb impression,
- Examination center assigned.
Exam pattern of KCET 2015
The Karnataka CET 2015 shall be held at various test centers in Karnataka. Candidates who appear in the exam are expected to solve the subject wise KCET 2015 question paper as per course selected and qualify in the same. The following are key points for KCET 2015 examination pattern.
- Question paper of Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics will each be of 60 marks.
- Kannada language test of 50 marks shall be conducted for Horanadu and Gadinadu Kannadiga candidates.
- Agricultural practical examination of 200 marks to be held for claiming seats under agriculturist quota.
- There is no negative marking.
KCET Syllabus – The syllabus of KCET 2015, as defined by the competent authority, is that the question papers of the Common Entrance Test will be based on the First and Second PUC syllabi prescribed by the Department of Pre-University Education of Karnataka State.
Karnataka CET Results
After the exam is conducted by Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA), official answer key of KCET 2015 shall be published. Candidates will be given a stipulated duration in which they can suggest discrepancies in the KCET answer key.
- On the basis of answers marked in the KCET 2015 entrance exam, candidates will be awarded marks in the exam.
- KCET 2015 result and merit list shall be based on the marks obtained by the candidate.
- Candidate will have to obtain minimum qualifying (cut-off) mark (wherever specified) for the specified course, in order to get a place in the KCET 2015 merit list.
KCET counselling contains the following steps.
- Verification of documents – expected to be done in the month of June.
- KCET option entry, wherein candidates can fill choice of college and branch. This was done last year till first week of July.
- After option entry for KCET 2015 is closed, a mock allotment list will be published.
- Final seat allotment to be done shortly thereafter.
KCET 2015 Download Information Brochure
View or download the information brochure of Karnataka CET 2015 here. KCET 2015 Information Brochure can be collected by producing the KEA copy of the Challan in the respective school / colleges where the candidate is studying 2nd PUC or 12th Standard within Kamataka on or after 20-03-2015. The Information Brochure will be sent to the home address by Speed Post by KEA to the candidates who are residing outside Kamataka.
Government of Karnataka, Karnataka Examinations Authority KCET 2015 e-Brochure for filling of online application form for admission to Professional Courses – Instructions and Guidelines
The Karnataka Common Entrance Test 2015 is being conducted for the purpose of determining the eligibility / merit, for admission of Karnataka candidates and the ward/s of Jammu & Kashmiri migrants to the First year or First semester of full time courses for Government share of seats in Medical, Dental, Ayurveda, Homoeopathy, Unani, Naturopathy & Yoga, Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Farm Science courses i.e, B.Sc. (Agriculture), B.Sc. (Sericulture), B.Sc (Horticulture), B.Sc (Forestry), B.Sc. Agri Bio Tech, BHSc.(Home Science), B.Tech (Agri.Engg), B.Tech (Food Technology), B.Tech (Dairy Tech), B.FSc (Fisheries), B.Tech (Food Science &Tech)., B.Sc. (Agri. Marketing & Co-Op) , B.Pharma and Pharma-D course, in Government / University / Private Aided / Private Un-Aided Professional Educational Institutions in the State of Karnataka for the academic year 2015-16. Admission to Government seats shall be made in accordance with the Karnataka Selection of Candidates for Admission to Government Seats in Professional Educational Institutions Rules, 2006 (in short Rules) as amended from time to time and therefore the details and instructions contained in this Information Booklet are subject to the said Rules. In case of any discrepancy, the Rules shall prevail.
- Download Brochure 1 released at the time of application form submission.
- Download Brochure 2 released after form submission. This contains more information about common entrance test and schedule for submission of special category certificates.
- Brochure 3 regarding Document Verification and Seat Allotment will be supplied to all the candidates on the 2nd day of CET Examination at the respective examination centres.
Karnataka Examinations Authority 18th Cross, Sampige Road, Malleshwaram, BANGALORE – 560 012
Brochure will be supplied through the schools / colleges located within Karnataka where the students are pursuing 2nd PUC or 12th standard. The students have to first fill the online application form of KEA KCET 2015. Go to the KCET application form 2015 and fill the form, before last date. To fill the form, you will be required to entering details such as name, date of birth, category. Then the students have to pay the requisite fee in any of the respective bank branches. The bank will retain a copy of the Challan (Bank copy) and handover the remaining two copies of the Chalan to the students. Further, students have to handover the Chalan (KEA copy) to the concerned School / College Principal to obtain the brochure.
Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) Archives