Karnataka CET or KCET 2015, is the common entrance test held in Karnataka each year for professional courses admission. KEA conducts the KCET entrance exam for engineering, medical, dental and other UG courses. Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria are required to apply for KCET 2015 and appear in the Karnataka Common Entrance Test as per schedule. Qualified candidates can participate in the KCET counselling 2015 and get admission in institutions of their choice as per merit. Details of KCET 2015 such as how to apply, get admit card, exam pattern, result and counselling, are given here for interested candidates.
Conducted by: Karanataka Examinations Authority (KEA).
Date of KCET 2015 exam: Yet to be announced. Usually the Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) is scheduled in the first week of May every year.
Candidates may please note that details of KCET 2015 have not yet been announced. Details of KCET 2015 eligibility, dates, application form submission, and other information is given as per last year’s brochure. This information is only for reference purpose for candidates who are looking for guidance on KCET. This page is being regularly updated, and as soon as KCET 2015 information brochure is published, details shall be updated.
Official notification for KCET 2015 is expected to be published in the first week of March 2015.
KCET 2015 Quick Links
- Important Dates
- Application Form
- Admit Card
- Information Brochure
- Entrance Exam
- Fee Structure
- Colleges and Intake
- Merit List
- Question Papers with Answers
- Cut Off Ranks
Important Dates of KCET 2015
Those who will appear in the Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) 2015 must note the schedule. The final KCET 2015 important dates will be published around the first week of March. Analyzing the past year’s calendar of events, a tentatively possible schedule is given here for Karnataka CET.
|Event related to KCET 2015||Date|
|Notification to be published on||March 2015 (first week)|
|Availability of KCET application form 2015||March – April, 2015|
|Candidates will get admit card of KCET 2015||April 2015 (last week)|
|Date of exam||May 2015 (first week)|
|Karnataka CET result 2015 declaration||May 2015 (last week)|
- Soon after the official notification of Karnataka CET 2015 is published by KEA at www.kea.kar.nic.in, and in media, candidates will be asked to fill the application form.
- KCET 2015 application form is issued for a period of around one month. All the eligible candidates must submit the application form of Karnataka CET by the last date.
- Only those who submit the form by last date will be issued KCET Admit Card / Hall Ticket 2015.
- Candidate will have to appear in relevant exam (physics, chemistry, mathematics, biology) on the date of KCET 2015 exam.
- Answer key of KCET 2015 will be officially published after a few days of the exam.
- Karnataka CET Results 2015 shall be based on candidate’s performance in the exam.
KCET 2015 Eligibility Criteria
The information regarding eligibility criteria of KCET 2015 is extensive, and defined separately. The following are some key points regarding being eligible for Karnataka CET, as per last year’s brochure.
- For KCET 2015 Engineering entrance exam: Candidate must have passed qualifying examination with Mathematics, Physics as compulsory subjects. He / she must have one of them as optional subjects – Chemistry, Bio-Technology, Biology, Electronics, Computer Science and English as one of the languages of study. Also, candidate should have obtained aggregate minimum of 45% marks (40% for SC, ST, OBC) in the optional subjects.
- For KCET 2015 Medical entrance exam: In the qualifying examination, that candidate must pass, he / she should have Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects and English as one of the languages. Minimum marks in aggregate required is 50% (40% for SC, ST, OBC).
- KCET 2015 age limit: For admission in Medical, Dental, Ayurveda, Homoeopathy, Unani, Naturopathy & Yoga courses, through KCET 2015, candidate should have completed the age of Seventeen (17) Years as on 31st December of 2015.
Application Form of KCET 2015
Last year, KEA had published the KCET application form along with the prospectus / information brochure. Details were to be filled in letters as well as by darkening OMR bubbles. Exact details of how to apply for KCET 2015 shall be published around last week of February or first week of March, 2015. However as per past year information, important points regarding filling up application form of KCET.
You will need to fill the following details in KCET 2015 application form.
- Name of candidate, candidate’s father and mother.
- Annual income of parent.
- Religion, caste and reservation code.
- Date of birth.
- Qualifying examination details.
- Communication details.
KCET 2015 Admit Card (Hall Ticket)
The admit card of Karnataka CET exam is issued to those candidates who have submitted the application form before last date. KCET admit card 2015, also known as test admission ticket,, are expected to be sent by post. Last year the admit card of KCET was received by candidates latest by 10 days before the exam.
KCET 2015 admit card must contain the following information.
- Name and other details of candidate,
- Thumb impression.
Exam pattern of KCET 2015
The Karnataka CET 2015 shall be held at various test centers in Karnataka. Candidates who appear in the exam are expected to solve the subject wise KCET 2015 question paper as per course selected and qualify in the same. The following are key points for KCET 2015 examination pattern, as expected, as per last year’s brochure.
- Question paper of Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics will each be of 60 marks.
- Kannada language test shall be conducted for Horanadu and Gadinadu Knnadiga candidates.
- Agricultural practical examination to be held for claiming seats under agriculturist quota.
KCET Result 2015 and counselling
After the exam is conducted by Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA), official answer key of KCET 2015 shall be published. Candidates will be given a stipulated duration in which they can suggest discrepancies in the KCET answer key.
- On the basis of answers marked in the KCET 2015 entrance exam, candidates will be awarded marks in the exam.
- KCET 2015 result and merit list shall be based on the marks obtained by the candidate.
- Candidate will have to obtain minimum qualifying (cut-off) mark (wherever specified) for the specified course, in order to get a place in the KCET 2015 merit list.
KCET counselling contains the following steps.
- Verification of documents – expected to be done in the month of June.
- KCET option entry, wherein candidates can fill choice of college and branch. This was done last year till first week of July.
- After option entry for KCET 2015 is closed, a mock allotment list will be published.
- Final seat allotment to be done shortly thereafter.
The above information pertains to general details of KCET 2015. Specific details of important dates, admission, eligibility and other information and updates will be available in March 2015 onwards. Please visit the page again to know more information as per official KCET announcements.
Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) Archives
- KCET 2014 cut offs
- KCET 2014 Seat Matrix
- Option Entry Result
- Option Entry
- Application Dates Extended
- Agriculture Practical Test on 20-May-2014
- Document Verification Schedule
- KEA publishes List of Candidates Verified for KCET
- Karnataka CET College Admissions Predictor