Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT) has published advertisement from the eligible candidates for admission to the 2 years M.Tech and Ph.D programmes for the academic year 2018-19. Candidates can get detailed admission schedule of DIAT Pune Admission 2018 along with other related details about courses, eligibility criteria, fee details etc on this page given below.
Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT) is Technological Institute of National repute for higher learning. The Institute imparts education and training in Advanced Technologies used for Tri-services, DRDO, DPSUs etc. DIAT found its roots in 1952, as a training institute has grown over the years into a premier teaching and research institute for DRDO and the Armed Forces.
The main focus of the institute is to evolve as an Innovative Unique Research University to develop
indigenous contemporary defence related technologies and also to provide technological solutions to the
Services. DIAT is committed to generate high quality and talented human resource in broad areas of Defence Technologies to cater the needs of DRDO, Armed Forces and other Defence establishments.
DIAT Pune Admission 2018 for Ph.D
DIAT offers admission to PhD (full-time) in the frontier areas of Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical
Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Applied Physics, Applied Mathematics, Materials engineering and Applied Chemistry. Limited few Institute Fellowships are available.
|Last date for receipt of hard copy of application (by speed post)||15 Dec 2017|
|Tentative Date of Interview||To be announced|
|Tentative Date of Written Test||To be announced|
|Commencement of academic session||To be announced|
Age: Not above 28 years as on 30 Nov, 2018.
Qualification: A candidate, seeking admission to the Ph.D. program, shall be required to have passed the qualifying examination securing at least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA/DGPA. The qualifying
a) Master of Engineering/Master of Technology (or equivalent) for Ph.D. in Engineering/Science.
b) Master in Science (M.Sc. or equivalent) for Ph.D. in Science
Department-wise areas of Research (Under DIAT Scholarship Category).
|Department||Subject Area||Approx. No. of Vacancies*|
|Electronics Engg.||Antenna, Microwave, Radar, Radar Signal Processing, RF System Design, Digital Filter Implementation in
FPGA and EMI/EMC.
Signal Processing, RF/Microwave / Radar / Antenna /
RF & Microwave propagation, Radar System Design,
Simulation, Radar Signal Processing, Floating Point
digital system design, Detection and Estimation, SAR
image processing, Photonics Radar and Micro-Doppler
|Mechanical Engg.||Mechanical behaviour, Tribology, Macro/micro/Nano
Indentation, Composite Structures, Repairing
Technology, FEA, Fracture Mechanics
* The number of vacancies is only indicative and DIAT reserves the right in this matter.
Eligible candidates can download application form for DIAT Pune Ph.D Admission 2018. Application form will be available at Institutes website www.diat.ac.in. Candidates must send their application form before or on last date, otherwise his application form will not be accepted. Before going to apply candidates must ensure their eligibility criteria.
- General Category: Rs. 500/-
- Women and Reserved category (SC/ST/OBC/PWD) candidates: Rs. 250/-
- The Institute shall implement the reservation policy in Ph.D. admission in accordance with relevant act of Parliament being in-force from the time.
- A physically Handicapped SC/ST/OBC candidate shall not get double benefit of being an
SC/ST/OBC as also a PWD candidate.
How to Apply:
Application form is available at Institutes website http://www.diat.ac.in . Application fee of `.500/- for
General / OBC category (` 250/- for SC/ST candidates) per programme is required to be paid either online (through SBI collect) or by Demand Draft drawn in favour of Vice Chancellor, DIAT, Pune, payable at Pune. The filled application form in the prescribed proforma has to be forwarded in a sealed envelope, super scribed “Application for Admission to PhD Programme in the Department of ______” to the Joint Registrar (Academics), Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, Pune 411025 along with the DD / online generated receipt and self certified copies of mark lists, certificates and other testimonials. These
documents should reach DIAT (Through Speed Post only). Postal delay will not be entertained. Candidates seeking admission to more than one Department need to apply separately.
- A candidate, seeking admission to the Ph.D. program, shall be required to have passed the qualifying
examination securing at least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA/DGPA. A relaxation of 5 % of marks may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non creamy-layer) / PWD – (Divyang) categories. The qualifying degrees are:-
a) Master of Engineering/Master of Technology (or equivalent) for Ph.D. in Engineering/Science.
b) Master in Science (M.Sc. or equivalent) for Ph.D. in Science.
- A candidate who has passed the qualifying examination with the requisite percentage of marks as
prescribed above and who fulfill the following requirement may be considered for admission to the Ph.D.
a) Qualified in a national level test such as, CSIR/UGC NET (Fellowship), Graduate Aptitude Test for
Engineering (GATE), Rajiv Gandhi National fellowship, subject wise and category wise GATE/NET
(Fellowship) cut off will be decided by DIAT.
Admission to Ph.D. will be based on the performance in the entrance exam (written test) conducted by the
department concerned followed by a personal interview.
- The selected Ph.D. candidates (Under DIAT Scholarship category) against this admission notice, admitted as full-time Ph.D. students will be provided financial assistance as per Institute rules, in force from time to time. The Ph.D. students (who are provided Institute fellowship) will be required to assist in research and teaching activities for a maximum of 10 hours per week in addition to their own duties.
- In addition to the Ph.D. scholarship, such candidates would also be entitled for contingency grant
(presently Rs. 15,000/- per year) in accordance with the decisions of the Institute.
- Candidates with CSIR, DST, UGC or any other National fellowship / scholarship available to them are also eligible to apply for Ph.D admission.
Boarding / Lodging:
Accommodation and mess facilities are available in the POINTS Hostel on payment basis. However, due to very limited rooms in POINTS Hostel, it may or may not be possible to provide POINTS Hostel accommodation to all the students. The present monthly charge towards boarding and lodging is Rs. 7000/-
(subject to revision). A security deposit of Rs. 20,000/- would need to be paid to Hostel Office.
- Since the applications may be short listed, mere possessing of the prescribed qualifications would not
entitle a person to be called for test/interview. The Institute may restrict the number of candidates to be
called for test / interview to a reasonable limit, on the basis of qualifications / marks higher than that of the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- For short listing of candidates, the department screening committee may decide subject-wise and category wise GATE/NET Cut off.
- Application once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn and fees once paid will not be refunded on any count nor can it be held in reserve for any other admission process.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification. Postal delay shall not be entertained.
- No correspondence will be entertained in respect of advertisement, interview, selection etc. The list of
Shortlisted candidate will be displayed on http://www.diat.ac.in website along with other information viz.
date of Interview / Written Test / Result. The candidates are requested to check the DIAT (DU) Website
http://www.diat.ac.in for related information from time to time.
Course Fee and Other Charges
Selected candidates for the Ph.D programmes are required to pay Semester Fee @ Rs. 25,000/- per
semester (for Gen & OBC) and @ Rs. 15,000/- (for SC & ST) payable immediately on joining and a caution
deposit (refundable at the end of the Programme less dues if any) of Rs. 10,000/-, commencing from January 2018.
DIAT Pune Admission 2018 for M.Tech Programme
Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT), Deemed University (DU), contributes significantly in the sphere of Human Resources Development for the Defence Forces by way of imparting education and training on Defence Technology to the officers of Armed Forces, Scientists of the DRDO, Technical Officers of the Ordnance Factory Board, Directorate of Quality Assurance, Public Sector Undertakings, General Public and friendly foreign countries.
Schedule for DIAT Pune Admission 2018 for M.Tech is given below.
|Announcement of detailed admission notice||Feb-Mar 2018|
|Application start||Last week of Mar 2018|
|Application deadline||2nd week of May 2018|
|Last date for receipt of hard copy of application (by speed post)||3rd week of May 2018|
|First announcement of selection list||2nd week of Jun 2018|
|Commencement of academic session||1st week of Jul 2018|
Eligible candidates can download application form for DIAT Pune M.Tech Admission 2018. Application form will be available at Institutes website www.diat.ac.in. Candidates must send their application form before or on last date, otherwise his application form will not be accepted. Before going to apply candidates must ensure their eligibility criteria.
- General Category : Rs. 500/-
- Women and Reserved category (SC/ST/OBC/PWD) candidates : Rs. 250/-
Note: The application fee can be paid online or by Demand Draft drawn in favour of Vice Chancellor, DIAT, payable at Pune. The application fee is non-refundable.
How to Apply
Candidates have to apply online, as per the instructions, mentioned in the admission notice. Application fee [presently- Rs.500/- for General and OBC candidates (250/- for SC/ST, women, PWD candidates) per programme (specialization) is required to be paid through online or by Demand Draft drawn in favour of Vice Chancellor, DIAT, Pune, payable at Pune. The application has to be uploaded as per the instructions provided in the admission notice/website. A print out of the application acknowledgement generated by the system after upload of application has to be forwarded in a sealed envelope super scribed the name of M. Tech Program to the Joint Registrar (Academics), Defence Institute of Advance Technology, Pune 411025 along with the DD drawn/proof of online payment and with the self certified copies of mark lists, certificates and other testimonials. These documents should reach DIAT latest by the prescribed date in the admission notice, to be published every year. Application will be processed only on receipt of the acknowledgement with DD/proof of online payment. Also, candidates seeking admission to more than one program (specialization) need to apply separately.
Step to fill Application Form
- Go to Official website http://www.diatonline.co.in/ or link given above.
- Click on link “Please Click here to fill M.Tech Application form”
- A another window will be open, then click on link in front of M.Tech Programme 2018.
- Application form will appear, Select your stream and fill all the details carefully.
- After submission complete details, Click on submit button.
- Candidates who are desirous to join the above mentioned M. Tech Programmes in DIAT must have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology or a Master’s degree in Science as applicable to the programme with 55% aggregate marks/5.5 CGPA and valid GATE score.
- Admission to the M. Tech programme shall be made directly based on GATE score. Candidates are required to submit separate applications for each specialization. Admission to a specialization shall be made based on separate GATE discipline wise merit list. DIAT reserves the right to offer the specialization on given M Tech programme.
- Candidates under sponsored category (MoD sponsored) will be admitted through Research & Training (R & T) and Postgraduate Training (PGT) schemes for DRDO and Tri-services Officers including Coast Guard respectively. Such candidates need to apply through their employer. These admissions shall be operated jointly by DIAT and RAC/DRDO (through DHRD/DRDO).
- Candidates under non-MoD sponsored category (DPSUs/Industry) will be admitted through by his/her employer and subject to meeting the additional conditions specified below, through a separate selection committee appointed specifically for the purpose. Such sponsored candidate must be in service of the sponsoring organization. The sponsoring organization must specifically undertake to provide full salary to the candidate and to relieve him/her to pursue the programme for its full duration. Sponsored candidates are exempted from qualifying GATE requirement and there is no age limit.
- Scholarship Category students are eligible for applying for Scholarship (Rs. 12,400/- per month) under DBT scheme of AICTE, during the M. Tech Course, subject to attendance. No financial support will be available from DIAT (DU), Pune.
Age limit: Not more than 26 years as on 01 July 2018. Relaxations as per GOI rules.
Official website: www.diat.ac.in
For more details regarding DIAT Pune Admission 2018 for M.Tech Programme – Download Information Brochure