Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT) has released the notification for the eligible candidates for admission to the Ph.D programme for the January 2019 Session. Candidates can get detailed admission schedule of DIAT Pune Admission 2019 along with other related details about courses, eligibility criteria, fee details etc on this page given below.
Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT) is Technological Institute of National repute for higher learning. The Institute imparts education and training in Advanced Technologies used for Tri-services, DRDO, DPSUs etc. DIAT found its roots in 1952, as a training institute has grown over the years into a premier teaching and research institute for DRDO and the Armed Forces.
The main focus of the institute is to evolve as an Innovative Unique Research University to develop indigenous contemporary defence related technologies and also to provide technological solutions to the Services. DIAT is committed to generate high quality and talented human resource in broad areas of Defence Technologies to cater the needs of DRDO, Armed Forces and other Defence establishments.
DIAT Pune Admission 2019 for Ph.D
DIAT offers admission to PhD (full-time) in the frontier areas of Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Applied Physics, Applied Mathematics, Materials Engineering and Applied Chemistry. Limited few Institute Fellowships are available.
|Last Date of receipt of Hard copy of application||10 Dec 2018|
|Date of Interview / Written Test||08 Jan 2019|
|Commencement of the programme||to be announced|
Selected Candidates for Ph.D Admission
DIAT Pune has released the selected candidates list for admission into Ph.D programme 2019 session. The selected candidates list has been declered upon their performance in the written test/ interview round of the candidates which was held on January 08,2019. Candidates can check the list from the given below link.
Selected Candidates: Click here to check the list of selected candidates for Ph.D admission 2019.
Shortlisted Candidates for Written Test/Interview
The final list of shortlisted candidates for interview and written test in order to take admission to the Ph.D. programme has been released. The examination is scheduled for January 08, 2019, and the venue for the interview/written test is mention in the list. Candidates can check the list from the given link below.
Shortlisted Candidates: Click here to check the list of Shortlisted candidates for Interview/Written Test.
Eligible candidates can now fill the application form for DIAT Pune Ph.D Admission 2019. Application form is available at Institutes website www.diat.ac.in. Candidates must send their application form before or on last the date, otherwise his application form will not be accepted. Before going to apply candidates must ensure their eligibility criteria.
Application process is over now…!!!
- General Category/OBC: Rs. 500/-
- Women and Reserved category (SC/ST/PWD) candidates: Rs. 250/-
- The Institute shall implement the reservation policy in Ph.D. admission in accordance with relevant act of Parliament being in-force from the time.
- A physically Handicapped SC/ST/OBC candidate shall not get double benefit of being an
SC/ST/OBC as also a PWD candidate.
How to Apply:
Candidates have to apply online through the website, www.diat.ac.in . Application fee is required to be paid either online (through State Bank Collect) or by Demand Draft drawn in favour of Vice Chancellor, DIAT, Pune, payable at Pune. The application has to be uploaded as per the instructions provided in the website, http://www.diat.ac.in. A print out of the application, acknowledgement generated by the system after upload of application, has to be forwarded in a sealed envelope, super scribed “Application for Admission to PhD Programme in the Department of ______” to the Joint Registrar (Academics), Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, Pune 411025 along with online generated receipt / Demand Draft and self certified copies of mark lists, certificates and other testimonials. These documents should reach DIAT latest by the last date (Through Speed Post only). Postal delay will not be entertained. Application will be processed only on receipt of the acknowledgement with online generated receipt / Demand Draft. Also, Candidates seeking admission to more than one Department need to apply separately.
- A candidate, seeking admission to the Ph.D. program, shall be required to have passed the qualifying
examination securing at least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA/DGPA. A relaxation of 5 % of marks may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non creamy-layer) / PWD – (Divyang) categories. The qualifying degrees are:-
a) Master of Engineering/Master of Technology (or equivalent) for Ph.D. in Engineering/Science.
b) Master in Science (M.Sc. or equivalent) for Ph.D. in Science.
- A candidate who has passed the qualifying examination with the requisite percentage of marks as
prescribed above and who fulfill the following requirement may be considered for admission to the Ph.D.
a) Qualified in a national level test such as, CSIR/UGC NET (Fellowship), Graduate Aptitude Test for
Engineering (GATE), Rajiv Gandhi National fellowship, subject wise and category wise GATE/NET
(Fellowship) cut off will be decided by DIAT.
Age Limit: Not above 30 years as on 22nd Nov 2018. Relaxations as per GOI rules apply to SC / ST / OBC / PH applicants.
Admission to Ph.D. will be based on the performance in the entrance exam (written test) conducted by the department concerned followed by a personal interview.
- Since the applications may be short listed, mere possessing of the prescribed qualifications would not entitle a person to be called for test/interview. The Institute may restrict the number of candidates to be called for test / interview to a reasonable limit, on the basis of qualifications / marks higher than that of the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- For short listing of candidates, the department screening committee may decide subject-wise and category wise GATE/NET Cut off.
- Application once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn and fees once paid will not be refunded on any count nor can it be held in reserve for any other admission process.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification. Postal delay shall not be entertained.
- No correspondence will be entertained in respect of advertisement, interview, selection etc. The list of Shortlisted candidate will be displayed on http://www.diat.ac.in website along with other information viz. date of Interview / Written Test / Result. The candidates are requested to check the DIAT (DU) Website www.diat.ac.in for related information from time to time.
Course Fee and Other Charges
Selected candidates for the Ph.D programmes are required to pay Semester Fee @ Rs. 25,000/- per
semester (for Gen & OBC) and @ Rs. 15,000/- (for SC & ST) payable immediately on joining and a caution deposit (refundable at the end of the Programme less dues if any) of Rs. 10,000/-, commencing from January 2019.
For more details of DIAT Pune Admission 2019 for Ph.D. Programme – Download Notification
DIAT Pune Admission 2018 for M.Tech Programme
Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT), Deemed University (DU), contributes significantly in the sphere of Human Resources Development for the Defence Forces by way of imparting education and training on Defence Technology to the officers of Armed Forces, Scientists of the DRDO, Technical Officers of the Ordnance Factory Board, Directorate of Quality Assurance, Public Sector Undertakings, General Public and friendly foreign countries.
Schedule for DIAT Pune Admission 2018 for M.Tech is given below.
|Application start||20 Mar 2018|
|Last date of Submission of Online Application|
|Last date for receipt of hard copy of application (by speed post)|
|Commencement of academic session||1st week of Jul 2018|
Counselling for M.Tech Admission 2018
Schedule for M.Tech M.Tech Admission 2018 counselling
Click Here to check the List of Shortlisted Candidates for Counselling cum Admission to M Tech.
Notice regarding Spot Admission
Eligible candidates can apply for DIAT Pune M.Tech Admission 2018. Application form is available at Institutes website www.diat.ac.in. Candidates must send their application form before or on the last date, otherwise, his application form will not be accepted. Before going to apply candidates must ensure their eligibility criteria.
Application process is over..!!
- General and OBC Category: Rs. 500/-
- Women and Reserved category (SC/ST/PWD) candidates: Rs. 250/-
Note: The application fee can be paid online or by Demand Draft drawn in favour of Vice Chancellor, DIAT, payable at Pune. The application fee is non-refundable.
How to Apply
Candidates have to apply online, as per the instructions, mentioned in the admission notice. Application fee is required to be paid through online or by Demand Draft drawn in favour of Vice Chancellor, DIAT, Pune, payable at Pune. The application has to be uploaded as per the instructions provided in the admission notice/website. A print out of the application acknowledgement generated by the system after upload of application has to be forwarded in a sealed envelope super scribed the name of M. Tech Program to the Joint Registrar (Academics), Defence Institute of Advance Technology, Pune 411025 along with the DD drawn/proof of online payment and with the self certified copies of mark lists, certificates and other testimonials. These documents should reach DIAT latest by the prescribed date in the admission notice, to be published every year. Application will be processed only on receipt of the acknowledgement with DD/proof of online payment. Also, candidates seeking admission to more than one program (specialization) need to apply separately.
- Candidates who are desirous to join the above mentioned M. Tech Programmes in DIAT must have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology or a Master’s degree in Science as applicable to the programme with 55% aggregate marks/ 5.5 CGPA and valid GATE score.
- Admission to the M. Tech programme shall be made directly based on GATE score. Candidates are required to submit separate applications for each specialization. Admission to a specialization shall be made based on separate GATE discipline wise merit list. DIAT reserves the right to offer the specialization on given M.Tech programme.
- Candidates under sponsored category (MoD sponsored) will be admitted through Research & Training (R & T) and Postgraduate Training (PGT) schemes for DRDO and Tri-services Officers including Coast Guard respectively. Such candidates need to apply through their employer. These admissions shall be operated jointly by DIAT and RAC/DRDO (through DHRD/DRDO).
- Candidates under non-MoD sponsored category (DPSUs/Industry) will be admitted through by his/her employer and subject to meeting the additional conditions specified below, through a separate selection committee appointed specifically for the purpose. Such sponsored candidate must be in service of the sponsoring organization. The sponsoring organization must specifically undertake to provide full salary to the candidate and to relieve him/her to pursue the programme for its full duration. Sponsored candidates are exempted from qualifying GATE requirement and there is no age limit.
Age limit: Not more than 26 years as on 01 July 2018. Relaxations as per GOI rules.
DIAT follows the reservation policy of Govt. of India as applicable to Higher Educational Institutions for reservation of seats for SC, ST, OBC and PWD candidates.
Official website: www.diat.ac.in
For more details regarding DIAT Pune Admission 2018 for M.Tech Programme – Download Notification