Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) has released notification for eligible candidates to admission in PG Courses for the academic year 2018-19. Candidates may apply online below mention courses as per schedule. Candidates can check the complete information of IGIDR Admission 2018 application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
IGIDR Admission 2018
- M.Sc (Economics)
- M.Phil, Ph.D (Development Studies)
Candidates can apply for IGIDR Admission 2018 for admission to M.Sc (Economics) and M.Phil/Ph.D (Development Studies). The duration of M.Sc/M.Phil course is 2 years while that of Ph.D course is 4 years. The candidates applying for IGIDR Admission 2018 shall appear in an Online Test and Personal Interview. All candidates shall apply for the admission process as per the schedule.
Schedule of Events for IGIDR Admission 2018 is given below.
|Commencement of on-line registration of application||16 Feb 2018|
|Online fee payment||16 Feb to 06 Apr 2018|
|Closure of registration of application||06 Apr 2018|
|Closure for editing application details||06 Apr 2018|
|Last date for printing application||21 Apr 2018|
|Online test date||22 Apr 2018|
|Shortlisted candidates for PI date||2nd or 3rd week of Jun 2018|
|Commencement of classes||23 Jul 2018|
The Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research has started the process of issuing the IGIDR Admit Card 2018 for the Online Exam.The test venue will be notified in the call letter. The Admit Cards have uploaded on the official portal of IGIDR and the candidates can download their Admit card from the same to appear in the Online Exam to be conducted by the IGIDR. A separate Centre/venue wise list of candidates for online test of IGIDR has also been published. Candidates download their admit card and check the list from the link given below.
- Click here to download admit card.
- Click here to check the list of candidates for online test of IGIDR.
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research has released the application form for IGIDR Admission 2018. The application process is online and the candidates can fill the admission form through the exam website strictly to the schedule. Also, the direct link for admission registration is provided below.
Apply Online: Click Here to apply online for IGIDR Admission 2018.
- General Category: Rs 500/- only
- SC/ST/PD Category: Rs 100/- only
Instructions for Application Form
- Candidates to go to IGIDR website click on the option “APPLY ONLINE” which will open a new screen.
- To register application, choose the tab “Click here for New Registration” and enter Name, Contact details and Email-id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
- In case the candidate is unable to complete the application form in one go, he / she can save the data already entered by choosing “SAVE AND NEXT” tab. Prior to submission of the online application candidates are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required. Visually Impaired candidates should fill the application form carefully and verify/ get the details verified to ensure that the same are correct prior to final submission.
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
- The Name of the candidate or his /her Father/ Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets/Identity proof. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the ‘Validate your details’ and ‘Save & Next’ button.
- Candidates can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications.
- Candidates can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
- Modify details, if required, and click on ‘FINAL SUBMIT’ ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
- Click on ‘Payment’ Tab and proceed for payment.
- The application form is integrated with the payment gateway. The payment of Rs 500/- (Rs 100/- for SC/ST/PD) can be made by using only Master/ Visa Debit or Credit cards or Internet Banking.
- On successful completion of the transaction, an e-Receipt will be generated. Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-Receipt and online Application Form. Please note that if the same cannot be generated online transaction may not have been successful.
The eligibility criteria for different courses is different, therefore, candidates shall verify their eligibility for the course for which they are applying. All the applications of ineligible candidates shall be summarily rejected. Read carefully the course-wise eligibility criteria as prescribed by IGIDR given below.
For M.Sc. (Economics)
Minimum qualification for admission to M.Sc. programme includes one of the following degrees or their equivalents: B.A./B.Sc. in Economics/B.Com./B.Stat./B.Sc. (Physics or Mathematics)/B.Tech./B.E. with at least 55% aggregate marks for Economics discipline and 60% aggregate marks for other disciplines. The applicant must have studied mathematics at the higher secondary or higher level.
For M.Phil / Ph.D. courses
Minimum qualification for admission to the M.Phil./Ph.D.programme includes one of the following degrees or their equivalents: M.A./M.Sc in Economics/M.Stat./M.Sc. (Physics or Mathematics or Environmental Science or Operations Research)/M.B.A./M.Tech./M.E./B.Tech./B.E. with at least 55% aggregate marks for Economics discipline and 60% aggregate marks for other disciplines. The applicant must have studied mathematics at the higher secondary or higher level.
Mock test for Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) has been released. Students can attempt mock test with the help of id and password. The link for the same is provided below.
Mock Test: Click Here for the online Mock Test.
Before appearing for the online examination, candidates must check the following Exam pattern for M.Sc and M.Phil / Ph.D programme exam.
For M. Sc. Programme – 2018
|Name of Test||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Comprehension, Reasoning and Analytical Ability||40||40||Composite Time of 180 Minutes|
|Advanced Mathematics (Bachelors Ancillary Level)||30||30|
For M.Phil./Ph.D. Programme 2018
|Name of Test||Number of Question||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Comprehension, Reasoning and Analytical Ability||80||80||Composite Time of 180 Minutes|
- Click here to download Information Handout and Sample questions for the M.Sc. Programme.
- Click here to download Information Handout and Sample questions for the M.Phil./Ph.D Programme.
The candidates applying for IGIDR Admission 2018 shall appear in an Online Test at various test centres. The test centres chosen for conducting the entrance exam for IGIDR Admission 2018 are:
- Ahmedabad/Gandhi Nagar
- Kolkata/Greater Kolkata
- Mumbai/Greater Mumbai/Thane/Navi Mumbai
- Delhi NCR
All candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in an Online test and an interview. The Online test will be separate for M.Sc. and M.Phil./Ph.D. candidates. The Online test for both M.Sc. and M.Phil./Ph.D. will emphasize general aptitude, analytical ability and mathematical skills at appropriate levels. In addition M.Sc. students will have the option of answering a section either on Economics or Mathematics at the undergraduate level. Based on the performance in the Online test, short listed candidates will be called for an interview at IGIDR.
All candidates appearing for their final degree examinations on or before July 15, 2018 are eligible to appear for the Online test. However, their admission will be provisional and subject to their securing 55% or 60% aggregate marks, as the case may be, in their final degree examination for the M.Sc & M.Phil./Ph.D. candidates.
Official website: www.igidr.ac.in
For detailed Information about IGIDR Admission 2018 – Download Information Brochure.