Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) has conduected the entrance exam an every year for the admission in the M.Sc. and M.Phil/PhD programme. Candidates can apply the application form from the the official website or direct link will be provided. Candidates can check the complete information of IGIDR Admission 2020 application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
- M.Sc (Economics)
- M.Phil, Ph.D (Development Studies)
IGIDR Admission 2020 for M.Sc / M.Phil / Ph.D
Candidates can apply for IGIDR Admission 2020 for admission to M.Sc (Economics) and M.Phil/Ph.D (Development Studies). The duration of M.Sc/M.Phil course is 2 years while that of Ph.D course is 4 years. The candidates applying for IGIDR Admission 2020 shall appear in an Online Test and Personal Interview. All candidates shall apply for the admission process as per the schedule.
Schedule of Events for IGIDR Admission 2020 is given below.
|Commencement of on-line registration of application||3rd week of Feb 2020|
|Online fee payment||1st week of Apr 2020|
|Closure of registration of application||1st week of Apr 2020|
|Closure for editing application details||1st week of Apr 2020|
|Last date for printing application||3rd week of Apr 2020|
|Online test date||3rd week of Apr 2020|
|Interview date for M.sc. programme.||2nd or 3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Interview date for M.Phil/Ph.D programme.||2nd or 3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Commencement of classes||July 2020|
The eligibility criteria for different courses is different, therefore, candidates shall verify their eligibility for the course for which they are applying. All the applications of ineligible candidates shall be summarily rejected. Read carefully the course-wise eligibility criteria as prescribed by IGIDR given below.
For M.Sc. (Economics)
Minimum qualification for admission to M.Sc. programme includes one of the following degrees or their equivalents: B.A./B.Sc. in Economics/B.Com./B.Stat./B.Sc. (Physics or Mathematics)/B.Tech./B.E. with at least 55% aggregate marks for Economics discipline and 60% aggregate marks for other disciplines. The applicant must have studied Mathematics at the higher secondary or higher level. Reservation Policy as per Government of India (GOI) Rules.
Note: Need-based scholarships are available for Masters students as per Institute’s norms.
For M.Phil / Ph.D. courses
Minimum qualification for admission to the M.Phil./Ph.D.programme includes one of the following degrees or their equivalents: M.A./M.Sc in Economics/M.Stat./M.Sc. (Physics or Mathematics or Environmental Science or Operations Research)/M.B.A./M.Tech./M.E./B.Tech./B.E. with at least 55% aggregate marks for Economics discipline and 60% aggregate marks for other disciplines. The applicant must have studied mathematics at the higher secondary or higher level. Eligibility criteria will be relaxed for reserved category applicants as per Government of India norms. Reservation Policy as per Government of India (GOI) Rules.
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research will be released the application form for IGIDR Admission 2020 as per schedule at the official website. The application process is online and the candidates can fill the admission form through the exam website strictly to the schedule.
- General Category: Rs 500/- only
- SC/ST/PD Category: Rs 100/- only
Instructions for Application Form
- Candidates to go to IGIDR website click on the option “APPLY ONLINE” which will open a new screen.
- To register application, choose the tab “Click here for New Registration” and enter Name, Contact details and Email-id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
- In case the candidate is unable to complete the application form in one go, he / she can save the data already entered by choosing “SAVE AND NEXT” tab. Prior to submission of the online application candidates are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required. Visually Impaired candidates should fill the application form carefully and verify/ get the details verified to ensure that the same are correct prior to final submission.
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
- The Name of the candidate or his /her Father/ Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets/Identity proof. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the ‘Validate your details’ and ‘Save & Next’ button.
- Candidates can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications.
- Candidates can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
- Modify details, if required, and click on ‘FINAL SUBMIT’ ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
- Click on ‘Payment’ Tab and proceed for payment.
- The application form is integrated with the payment gateway. The payment of Rs 500/- (Rs 100/- for SC/ST/PD) can be made by using only Master/ Visa Debit or Credit cards or Internet Banking.
- On successful completion of the transaction, an e-Receipt will be generated. Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-Receipt and online Application Form. Please note that if the same cannot be generated online transaction may not have been successful.
The Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research will issue the Admit Card for IGIDR Admission 2020 exam as per the schedule. The test venue will be notified in the call letter. The Admit Cards will be uploaded on the official portal of IGIDR and the candidates will be able to download their Admit card from the same to appear in the Online Exam to be conducted by the IGIDR.
Before appearing for the online examination, candidates must check the following Exam pattern for M.Sc and M.Phil / Ph.D programme exam. The exam pattern, on the basis of previous year exam, is mentioned below.
For M. Sc. Programme – 2020
|Name of Test||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Comprehension, Reasoning and Analytical Ability||40||40||Composite Time of 180 Minutes|
|Advanced Mathematics (Bachelors Ancillary Level)||30||30|
For M.Phil./Ph.D. Programme 2020
|Name of Test||Number of Question||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Comprehension, Reasoning and Analytical Ability||80||80||Composite Time of 180 Minutes|
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) has provided the Mock Test option for the M.Sc. and M.Phil/Ph.D. Programme on the official website. Candidates also take the mock test through the direct link will be provided as per availability. Candidates must take the mock test to familiarise with the exam structure.
The candidates applying for IGIDR Admission 2020 shall appear in an Online Test at various test centres.
Ahmedabad/Gandhi Nagar, Aizawl, Bangalore, Benares, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh-Mohali, Chennai, Dehradun, Ernakulam/Cochin, Guwahati, Hyderabad/Rangareddy, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Kolkata/Greater Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai/Greater Mumbai/Thane/Navi Mumbai, Delhi NCR, Panjim, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Shillong, Thiruvananthapuram,Visakhapatnam.
All candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in an Online written test and an interview. The Online test for both M.Sc. and M.Phil./Ph.D. will emphasize general aptitude, analytical ability and mathematical skills at appropriate levels. In addition M.Sc. students will have to answer a section either on Economics or on Mathematics at the undergraduate level.
Results for M.sc., M.Phil/PhD entrances exam 2020 will be released on the official website or direct link will be provided for the same to check the respective result. IGIDR will also released the list of shortlisted candidates for the interview. Candidates can check the result and shortlisted candidates list from the link will provide.
Official website: www.igidr.ac.in
For detailed Information about IGIDR Admission 2020, candidates can refer the previous year – Information Brochure.Insofar, official details of IGIDR Admission 2020 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as information brochure releases, details will be updated here.