Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) has released notification for eligible candidates to admission in PG Courses for the academic year 2019-20. Candidates may apply online below mention courses as per schedule. Candidates can check the complete information of IGIDR Admission 2019 application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
- M.Sc (Economics)
- M.Phil, Ph.D (Development Studies)
IGIDR Admission 2019 for M.Sc / M.Phil / Ph.D
Candidates can apply for IGIDR Admission 2019 for admission to M.Sc (Economics) and M.Phil/Ph.D (Development Studies). The duration of M.Sc/M.Phil course is 2 years while that of Ph.D course is 4 years. The candidates applying for IGIDR Admission 2019 shall appear in an Online Test and Personal Interview. All candidates shall apply for the admission process as per the schedule.
Schedule of Events for IGIDR Admission 2019 is given below.
|Commencement of on-line registration of application||20 Feb 2019|
|Online fee payment||20 Feb to 05 Apr 2019|
|Closure of registration of application||05 Apr 2019|
|Closure for editing application details||05 Apr 2019|
|Last date for printing application||20 Apr 2019|
|Online test date||21 Apr 2019|
|Interview date for M.sc. programme.||2nd or 3rd week of Jun 2019|
|Interview date for M.Phil/Ph.D programme.||2nd or 3rd week of Jun 2019|
|Commencement of classes||July 2019|
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research has released the application form for IGIDR Admission 2019. The application process is online and the candidates can fill the admission form through the exam website strictly to the schedule. Also, the direct link for admission registration is provided below.
- General Category: Rs 500/- only
- SC/ST/PD Category: Rs 100/- only
Instructions for Application Form
- Candidates to go to IGIDR website click on the option “APPLY ONLINE” which will open a new screen.
- To register application, choose the tab “Click here for New Registration” and enter Name, Contact details and Email-id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
- In case the candidate is unable to complete the application form in one go, he / she can save the data already entered by choosing “SAVE AND NEXT” tab. Prior to submission of the online application candidates are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required. Visually Impaired candidates should fill the application form carefully and verify/ get the details verified to ensure that the same are correct prior to final submission.
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
- The Name of the candidate or his /her Father/ Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets/Identity proof. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the ‘Validate your details’ and ‘Save & Next’ button.
- Candidates can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications.
- Candidates can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
- Modify details, if required, and click on ‘FINAL SUBMIT’ ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
- Click on ‘Payment’ Tab and proceed for payment.
- The application form is integrated with the payment gateway. The payment of Rs 500/- (Rs 100/- for SC/ST/PD) can be made by using only Master/ Visa Debit or Credit cards or Internet Banking.
- On successful completion of the transaction, an e-Receipt will be generated. Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-Receipt and online Application Form. Please note that if the same cannot be generated online transaction may not have been successful.
The eligibility criteria for different courses is different, therefore, candidates shall verify their eligibility for the course for which they are applying. All the applications of ineligible candidates shall be summarily rejected. Read carefully the course-wise eligibility criteria as prescribed by IGIDR given below.
For M.Sc. (Economics)
Minimum qualification for admission to M.Sc. programme includes one of the following degrees or their equivalents: B.A./B.Sc. in Economics/B.Com./B.Stat./B.Sc. (Physics or Mathematics)/B.Tech./B.E. with at least 55% aggregate marks for Economics discipline and 60% aggregate marks for other disciplines. The applicant must have studied Mathematics at the higher secondary or higher level. Reservation Policy as per Government of India (GOI) Rules.
Note: Need-based scholarships are available for Masters students as per Institute’s norms.
For M.Phil / Ph.D. courses
Minimum qualification for admission to the M.Phil./Ph.D.programme includes one of the following degrees or their equivalents: M.A./M.Sc in Economics/M.Stat./M.Sc. (Physics or Mathematics or Environmental Science or Operations Research)/M.B.A./M.Tech./M.E./B.Tech./B.E. with at least 55% aggregate marks for Economics discipline and 60% aggregate marks for other disciplines. The applicant must have studied mathematics at the higher secondary or higher level. Eligibility criteria will be relaxed for reserved category applicants as per Government of India norms. Reservation Policy as per Government of India (GOI) Rules.
The Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research will issue the Admit Card for IGIDR Admission 2019 exam as per the schedule. The test venue will be notified in the call letter. The Admit Cards will be uploaded on the official portal of IGIDR and the candidates will be able to download their Admit card from the same to appear in the Online Exam to be conducted by the IGIDR.
Before appearing for the online examination, candidates must check the following Exam pattern for M.Sc and M.Phil / Ph.D programme exam. The exam pattern, on the basis of previous year exam, is mentioned below.
For M. Sc. Programme – 2019
|Name of Test||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Comprehension, Reasoning and Analytical Ability||40||40||Composite Time of 180 Minutes|
|Advanced Mathematics (Bachelors Ancillary Level)||30||30|
For M.Phil./Ph.D. Programme 2019
|Name of Test||Number of Question||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Comprehension, Reasoning and Analytical Ability||80||80||Composite Time of 180 Minutes|
- Click here to download Information Handout and Sample questions for the M.Sc. Programme.
- Click here to download Information Handout and Sample questions for the M.Phil./Ph.D Programme.
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) has active the Mock Test link for the M.Sc. and M.Phil/Ph.D. Programme on the official website. Candidates also take the mock test through the direct link provided below. Candidates must take the mock test to familiarise with the exam structure.
- Click here for Mock Test link for the M.Sc. Programme.
- Click here for Mock Test link for the M.Phil/Ph.D. Programme.
The candidates applying for IGIDR Admission 2019 shall appear in an Online Test at various test centres.
Ahmedabad/Gandhi Nagar, Aizawl, Bangalore, Benares, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh-Mohali, Chennai, Dehradun, Ernakulam/Cochin, Guwahati, Hyderabad/Rangareddy, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Kolkata/Greater Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai/Greater Mumbai/Thane/Navi Mumbai, Delhi NCR, Panjim, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Shillong, Thiruvananthapuram,Visakhapatnam.
All candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in an Online written test and an interview. The Online test for both M.Sc. and M.Phil./Ph.D. will emphasize general aptitude, analytical ability and mathematical skills at appropriate levels. In addition M.Sc. students will have to answer a section either on Economics or on Mathematics at the undergraduate level.
Reults for M.sc., M.Phil/Ph.D entrances exam 2019 will release on the official website. IGIDR will also release the list of shortlisted candidates for the interview as per the schedule.
Official website: www.igidr.ac.in