NEIGRIHMS 2018 MBBS Admission details are given here. North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS) offers admission to students of the eight Northeastern states in India including Sikkim. NEIGRIHMS 2018 Admission will be based on NEET 2018 score to MBBS admission 2018-2019 in around eighteen (18) seats. Get here information on NEIGRIHMS MBBS Admission 2018 including application form, eligibility, merit list, counselling and seat allotment.
Click here for NEET UG 2018 Complete details.
NEIGRIHMS MBBS Admission 2018
The North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS) is an autonomous Postgraduate Medical Institute situated in Shillong. NEIGRIHMS is an Institute of Excellence in Medical Education & Human Resource Development by providing quality Medical Education.
Schedule of NEIGRIHMS 2018 MBBS Admission is given below.
|Date of opening the Online Registration||15 Jun 2018|
|Closing date of Online Registration of applications||14 Jul 2018|
|List of candidates to be published in the Institute’s website||17 Jul 2018|
|First counselling and admission||20 Jul 2018|
|Commencement of the Session||01 Aug 2018|
About MBBS Admission
- The duration of course is 4 years and 6 months as per the Academic calendar of Medical Council of India (MCI), followed by 1 year compulsory rotatory internship
- Selection for admission to the 18 (eighteen) seats under the NE open seats category shall be based on the NEET 2018 SCORE.
- The course will commence with effect from 1st August, 2018 for the current academic year 2018-19.
- The Medium of Instruction shall be English only.
NEIGRIHMS MBBS 2018 Application Form is issued by the North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences. Candidates who are eligible for the MBBS program admission can access and fill the application form of NEIGRIHMS MBBS 2018. It is important to fill in correct details that can be verified against official documents. Candidates should also ensure that all the instructions officially announced for form submission are kept in mind.
Procedure of Registration
- The fee for online submission of complete Application Form includes the Application Processing Fees is ` 500/-(non-refundable) plus bank charges as applicable. The candidate is required to go through the prospectus and guidelines carefully and acquaint himself/herself with all requirements with regard to filling of the online Application Form.
- It will be the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that correct address, email address and mobile number is entered in the Application Form.
Procedure of Payment: The prescribed amount of Application Processing Fees, i.e. Rs. 500/- (Five Hundred Only) plus charges as applicable may be deposited through Credit card/Debit card (visa/ Master) of any Bank to “NEIGRIHMS MBBS ACCOUNT”. Candidates are advised to retain a printout copy of the online Application Form and the proof of submission of Application.
Note: It will be the responsibility of the candidates to ensure to provide correct address in the Application Forms.
- The Applicant must be a Permanent Resident / Domicile of one of the 8 (eight) North-eastern states of India including Sikkim.
- The Applicant should have studied and completed their course in the schools located in India in the preceding two years.
- He/ She should have completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December 2018, the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S.
- The applicant should have passed the qualifying examinations in the manner mentioned below:
- The Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry and Biology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) and any other elective with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education.
- The applicant must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology (or Botany and Zoology) and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology ( Botany & Zoology) in the qualifying examination.
- He/She must have appeared in the NEET UG 2018 and have qualified for admission to the MBBS course 2018 in any Indian University/ Institute.
Selection for admission to the 18 (eighteen) seats under the NE open seats category shall be
based on the NEET 2018 SCORE.
Candidates securing less than 50% marks in aggregate in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry,
Biology and English in aggregate in the NEET 2018 will not be considered for admission to the
Institute and their names will not be included in the merit list.
Candidates not qualified in the NEET UG 2018 will not be considered for admission to the Institute and their names will not be included in the merit list.
A merit list of all the candidates will be prepared on the basis on their Score in the NEET UG- 2018.
Inter se merit
In the case of two or more candidates securing equal marks in the Entrance Examination
their inter-se merit shall be determined from the marks of the Entrance Examination as
- Eliminating first English marks
- If there is still a tie by eliminating Physics marks
- If there is still a tie by eliminating Chemistry marks.
- If there is still a tie by eliminating Botany marks
- If the tie is still not broken, then a candidate senior in age to a candidate who is junior in
List of candidates called for counselling along with waiting list will be placed in the official
website: [www.neigrihms.gov.in] and Institute Notice Board. It is the responsibility of
the candidate to find out the date of counselling from Institute Website/notice board, no
individual call letter will be sent.
Selected candidates shall have to attend counselling and medical examination at the Institute at their own cost on the notified date.
At the time of counselling, candidates will have to attend in person and produce the original
of the following documents
- Domicile/ Permanent Residential Certificate valid for the year 2016-17, from the
competent authority (i.e. District Commissioner of the state or any Government authorized Official) proving that he/she is Domicile /Permanent resident of either of the 8 (eight) North Eastern states of India including Sikkim
- Age Proof: High School Certificate / Secondary School Certificate / Admit Card of 10th or 10+ 2 Exams issued by the Board / University showing the date of birth / Birth Certificate of the applicant issued by the competent Government authority.
- Certificates: Pass Certificate / Provisional Pass Certificate. Character and Conduct Certificate.
- Mark Sheets: Clearly readable mark sheet of the 10+2 examination showing the marks
secured by the applicants.
There will be no allocation of marks for the counselling. Counselling will be conducted
strictly on the basis of merit in the entrance examination.
Candidates found medically fit are required to pay the admission fee in full.
To fill vacancies arising due to failure of appearance by the selected candidates, sufficient
number of candidates from the waiting list will also be called for counselling. Such
candidates will have to appear for the counselling on the notified date at their own cost.
Candidates who fail to attend counselling/medical examination on the notified date shall
forfeit their claim for admission and placement in the waiting list.
Candidates who have been admitted must join their classes on the date of commencement of
the classes. The Selection/Admission is liable to be cancelled if the selected candidate does
not report to join the class on the stipulated date without prior permission.
The admission intake for MBBS is as follows.
|Category||Number of Seats|
|NE (Open to all North Eastern States including Sikkim)||18*|
|Seats to be filled on the basis of Common all India||8|
For more details of NEIGRIHMS MBBS Admission 2018 – Download Information Brochure
Official Website: www.neigrihms.gov.in