The Punjab Agriculture University 2020 Result will be published on the official website of the university, i.e., pau.edu or on the notice board in Thapar Hall and it will be notified by the Registrar. The university will also publish a white application form along with the entrance test result. The candidates are required to download the white form and fill in details in it at the time of counselling/ interview. The University announces the result for various entrance tests. On the basis of the merit wise or rank wise, the candidates will be selected for counselling. The merit list for admission to UG, PG and PhD programs will be on the basis of the marks obtained in the entrance examination. Know more details on PAU 2020 result from the article below.
Punjab Agricultural University 2020 Result
The important dates regarding Punjab Agricultural University 2020 Result are mentioned below, candidates can check for the same.
|Entrance Exam||19 Jul 2020||02 Aug 2020||26 Jul-07 Aug 2020|
|Declaration of Result||to be announced||to be announced||to be announced|
Result: The Punjab Agricultural University 2020 Result will be released on the official website i.e., pau.edu.
How to check the Result for PAU 2020
In order to download the Result the candidate need to follow the steps provide below:
- The link to check the result for various PAU entrance exam will be provided on this page.
- Candidates need to choose their courses and category and click on the link.
- A pdf file will open, press Ctrl+F and enter your roll number. If your roll number will be in the list, it will be highlighted.
PAU 2020 Selection Procedure
For Diploma Courses
- Hybrid Seed Production Technology- 80% weightage will be given to the qualifying marks and 20% weightage will be given to the Interview,
- Diploma in Agriculture – 100% weightage will be given to the qualifying marks
For Undergraduate Programs(AAT/ CET)
The selection of the candidates and the merit will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance examination.
B.Tech. (Agril Engg) and B.Tech. (Mech. Engg)
The admission will be made on the basis of JEE (Main) to be conducted by the CBSE/NTA. The counselling will be done by PTU, Kapurthala.
MBA (Agribusiness) Program
The selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of written test, group discussion and interview.
For Master Programs(MET)
The selection of the candidates will be on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance examination. Candidates need to obtain a minimum percentage of marks in the Entrance Test to be called for Counselling/Interview. Last year the minimum percentage to be obtained in order to appear/ participate in counselling was 20% (with negative marking).
For Ph.D. Programs
The admission to the PhD programme will depend on the following:
|Basis of Admission||Percentage|
|Performance in the Entrance Examination||80% (60% MCQ + 20% subjective)|
|Masters’ Research by Thesis & Quality of Thesis||10%|
PAU 2020 Counselling
The PAU 2020 Counselling will be conducted merit-wise/rank wise. It is mandatory for the selected candidates to appear in person for the counseling at the specified schedule. The candidates who appeared or are appearing in the qualifying examination can apply but they must produce original mark sheets of qualifying examination result at the time of counseling failing which their candidature will not be considered for counseling. Further, the admission will be subject to scrutinizing of original certificates at the time of counseling.The candidates have to report to the counseling venue with all the original certificates/testimonials in proof of age, category, educational qualification, domicile etc. After clearing the entrance test, candidates are required to fill the white application form and produce it at the time of counseling.
Important instructions for the candidates
- For the undergraduate programmes, the number of candidates to be called for first counseling would be four times the number of seats in the programme.
- For the undergraduate programmes, the number of candidates called for first counseling would be four times the number of seats in the programme
- For Masters’ and Ph.D. programmes, only those candidates, who shall obtain 20% marks in the entrance test, will be called for counseling/interview. Furthermore, Ph.D. candidates are also required to obtain 20% marks in MCQ & Subjective test, individually.
- Candidates have to submit full fee in cash on a spot at the time of counseling, failing which the seat will be offered to the candidate next on the merit list.
- These photographs should be same in all respects as the candidate wishes to appear in the examination/ counseling i.e. if the candidate wishes to appear with beard/turban/dupatta/specs etc., a photograph should be identical.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.