JEE Advanced 2017 is the IIT Joint Entrance Examination. Seven zonal Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) are conducting JEE Advanced 2017 / IIT JEE 2017 under the guidance of Joint Admission Board. This is the second stage of Joint Entrance Examination after the CBSE JEE Main.
Admission in Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s and Dual Degree programs in the IITs and Indian School of Mines is offered through the IIT JEE Advanced. Get here complete details of IIT JEE 2017 including application form, eligibility, admit card, exam pattern, answer key, results and preparation resources like syllabus, sample papers, previous year question papers.
JoSAA is the Joint Seat Allocation Authority constituted for admission to IITs, ISM, NITs, IIITs and GFTIs. It has replaced Replacing CSAB and JEE Advanced Counselling from last year.
Click here for JoSAA Complete Information.
JEE Advanced 2017
All Indians and foreign nationals who satisfy the eligibility criteria (given below) can appear in JEE Advanced. The successful candidates meeting the Class XII performance criterion are eligible for admission into IITs / ISM. JEE Advanced 2017 Schedule is given below.
|IIT JEE 2017 Registration||Apr 2017|
|Last date to apply||May 2017|
|Availability of admit card||May 2017|
|Date of JEE Advanced Exam||21 May 2017|
|Display of ORS and scanned images||1st week of Jun 2017|
|Publishing of answer keys||1st week of Jun 2017|
|Feedback and comment on answer keys from candidates||2nd week of Jun 2017|
|IIT JEE 2017 Result||2nd week of Jun 2017|
|Online registration for Architecture Aptitude Test||June 2017|
|Architecture Aptitude Test||June 2017|
|Declaration of results of Architecture Aptitude Test||June 2017|
|Seat Allotment||Jun – Jul 2017|
Through JEE Advanced, IITs and ISM offer admission into undergraduate courses leading to a Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s or Bachelor-Master Dual Degree in Engineering, Science, Architecture, or Pharmaceutics. Both Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees are awarded to candidates enrolled in the dual degree programs upon successful completion of the course curriculum. In a few of the IITs, students enrolled into the 4-year Bachelor’s program have the option to convert to B.Tech.(Honors) and/or B.Tech. with Minors.
Insofar, Only exam date has been announced. Other Detail given on this page as per the last year exam brochure. Candidates are requested to follow the same only for the reference purpose. As soon as we will update the JEE Advanced 2017 information here once the details will be announced/released officially.
JEE Advanced 2017 Eligibility
Candidates can follow the last year JEE Advanced eligibility criteria only for references.
- JEE Main: The first step towards being eligible for JEE (Advanced) / IIT JEE 2017 is to appear and qualify in JEE (Main) to be conducted by CBSE in the month of April. The top 2,00,000 candidates of JEE Main Paper 1 will be eligible to appear in the JEE Advanced exam.
- Age limit: Candidate must be born on or after October 1, 1992. Age relaxation of five years is applicable for SC, ST, PwD candidates.
- Number of attempts: A candidate can attempt the IIT JEE for maximum two times, that too as consecutive year attempts.
- Appearance in Class XII (or equivalent) examination: A candidate should have appeared for the Class XII (or equivalent) examination for the first time in all the subjects in either 2016 or 2017. Candidates who appeared for the Class XII (or equivalent) examination in 2016 and wish to re-appear in the same in 2017 (either for improvement or because they failed in one or more subjects), will have to re-appear in all the subjects in 2017.
- Top 20 percentile in board exam: Apart from being in top 2,00,000 in JEE Main paper, the candidate
- Should be within category-wise top 20 percentile in respective board; or
- Should have secured 75% (for Gen / OBC) or 70% (for SC / ST / PwD) of aggregate marks in class 12 board exam. Last two years cut off for top 20 percentile has been officially published by IITs. Please see – Cut off marks at 20 percentile of successful candidates from various boards for the year.
- Earlier admission at IITs/ISM: A candidate should NOT have been admitted in an IIT/ISM (irrespective of whether or not he/she continued in the program) OR accepted the IIT/ISM seat by reporting at a reporting centre in the past. The candidates whose admission at IITs or ISM was cancelled are also NOT eligible.
Reservation in IITs
Indian nationals belonging to certain categories are admitted under the seats reserved for them in accordance with the rules of the Government of India. The categories and the extent of reservation are as follows as per the last year:
Defence Service (DS): Two seats are available for preferential allotment in each Institute for DS candidates.
Foreign Nationals: Candidates who are NOT citizens of India (by birth or naturalized) at the time of registering for JEE (Advanced) 2017 are treated as foreign nationals. Seats allotted to foreign nationals are supernumerary with a cap of 10% of total number of seats in every course.
JEE Advanced 2017 Application Form
Eligible candidates can apply for JEE Advanced 2017 as per schedule (exact date will be updated soon). The application form submission process consists of two steps. First is to register online at IIT JEE (Advanced) online application form. Second is to make payment of application fee.
- Application form of JEE Advanced 2017 begins as per the schedule after declaration of JEE Main 2017 result. Last date to fill application form should be adhered to, to avoid rejection.
- Enter details of JEE Main roll number, personal details correctly.
- Select choice of examination city and language of question paper.
- Upload passport size photograph and signature as jpeg.
- Upload documents such as date of birth proof, category certificate if applicable, and other relevant documents.
Registration Fees (Last year)
JEE Advanced 2017 application form submission begins after the declaration of JEE Main 2017 result. Form submission process is online only.
JEE Advanced 2017 Admit Card
Admit Card of IIT JEE Advanced 2017 can be downloaded using the online log in portal as per the schedule. Candidates who apply before last date and are found eligible for the exam will be issued admit card for JEE Advanced 2017.
- Candidate must bring the print out of the downloaded admit card to the examination centre.
- Important details that will be given the JEE Advanced 2017 Admit Card shall be: Name, Roll number for JEE (Advanced) 2017, photograph, signature, date of birth, address for correspondence, category and language of the question paper.
- Only those candidates, who carry valid hall ticket to the examination hall, will be allowed to write the examination.
- Admit card / hall ticket can download begins as per the schedule given above.
JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Pattern
Last year JEE Advanced Exam pattern is given below only for candidate references.
There are two question papers: Paper 1 and Paper 2 of three hours duration each. Both papers are compulsory. Each question paper will consist of three separate sections, viz., Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The question papers will consist of objective type (multiple choice and numerical answer type) questions designed to test comprehension, reasoning and analytical ability of candidates. Negative marks will be awarded for incorrect answers to some of the questions.
Number of papers: 2
Duration of exam: 3 hours per paper.
Sections in each paper: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics.
|Total questions||120 (60 each in paper 1 and paper 2)|
|Type of questions||
|Marking scheme||+3 for correct answer-1 for incorrect answer : Negative marking is not applicable in certain sections.|
|Total maximum marks||360|
The only thing that has been announced officially about the JEE Advanced 2017 exam pattern is that there will be two papers of three hours duration each, each with subjects Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics.
Items Prohibited in the Examination Hall
Electronic devices like mobile phone, calculator, iPod, iPad etc. are NOT PERMITTED in JEE Advanced 2017. Further, items like log table, abacus, slide rule, book, notebook, geometry box etc. and any other means of calculation are also strictly prohibited in the examination hall.
JEE Advanced 2017 AAT – Architecture Aptitude Test
Details information of Architecture Aptitude Test 2017 will be announced soon and also updated here. For now, candidates can follow the last year instructions and details given here only for reference purpose.
Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) for B. Arch. for the JEE (Advanced) 2017 Qualified Candidates:
The test will consist of one paper of three hours duration. Question papers for the Aptitude Test will be in English only. Syllabus for this test is given HERE. Candidates must register online at the JEE (Advanced) portal for this Aptitude Test. Only those candidates who would have given B. Arch program (available at IIT Kharagpur and IIT Roorkee) as one of their choices while filling their choices online, will be eligible to write AAT. No separate admit card will be issued to them. They have to bring the JEE (Advanced) 2017 original admit card to the Examination Hall. Candidates coming for the AAT are advised to bring their drawing and coloring aids.
Candidates securing marks above the cut off will be declared as ‘passed’ the test and put on the JEE (Advanced)-2017 web page.
Click Here for Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) Complete Information.
JEE Advanced – Marks of the First and Last Ranked Candidates
IITs where admission is through JEE Advanced
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB)
- Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneshwar (IITBBS)
- Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University) (IIT BHU)
- Indian Institute of Technology Chhattisgarh (IITC)
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IITD)
- Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (IITGN)
- Indian Institute of Technology Goa (IIT Goa)
- Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IITG)
- Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad (IITH)
- Indian Institute of Technology Indore (IITI)
- Indian Institute of Technology Jammu (IITJammu)
- Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur (IITJ)
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IITK)
- Indian Institute of Technology Karnataka (IITKTK)
- Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IITKGP)
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM)
- Indian Institute of Technology Mandi (IIT Mandi)
- Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad (IITPKD)
- Indian Institute of Technology Patna (IITP)
- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IITR)
- Indian Institute of Technology Ropar (IITRPR)
- Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati (IITT)
Other Institutes offering admission by using Rank List of JEE (Advanced).
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Ratapur Chowk, Rae Bareli, UP
- Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE) , Visakhapatnam
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) Thiruvananthapuram
These institutes also have used JEE (Advanced) ranks in the past.
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISc)
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER)