JEE Advanced 2015 (IIT JEE) – Complete Information
JEE Advanced 2015 is the engineering entrance exam conducted by IITs for admission to under graduate engineering programmes. Held as a two stage examination, the JEE Advanced 2015 is the second stage after JEE (Main). Students preparing for the joint entrance examination (advanced) or IIT JEE, must know about the details associated with the exam. Information such as JEE Advanced 2015 syllabus, exam pattern, eligibility, important dates, and other such details have been provided here. JEE aspirants can know all about JEE (Advanced) 2015 or IIT JEE 2015 by reading the details given below.
About the exam – JEE Advanced 2015 will be jointly conducted by IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras and IIT Roorkee. These institutes are henceforth referred to as the zonal IITs. In JEE Advanced 2015, there will be two papers, each of three hours duration. The question papers will be printed separately in English and Hindi. Candidates have to specify their choice of question paper language at the time of online registration for JEE Advanced 2015. Each of the question papers will consist of three separate parts in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The details of the pattern and the dates of examination, eligibility criteria and how to apply are outlined below.
Schedule of JEE Advanced 2015 has also been published. The JEE (Advanced)-2015 will be held on May 24, 2015. The test has two papers of 3 hours duration each. The usual pattern is as follows:
- Paper 1: 09:00 to 12:00 hrs (IST).
- Paper 2: 14:00 to 17:00 hrs (IST).
JEE Advanced 2015 notification and details published!
IIT Bombay has announced the dates for JEE Advanced 2015. Please note the schedule as given below.
|Online application form submission||From May 2, 2015 to May 7, 2015|
|Admit Card Download||From May 9, 2015 to May 12, 2015|
|Date of Exam||May 24, 2015|
|Paper 1||09:00 to 12:00 IST|
|Paper 2||14:00 to 17:00 IST|
|Result declaration||June 18, 2015|
JEE Advanced 2015 Resources
JEE Advanced 2015 Eligibility
- JEE Main: The first step towards being eligible for JEE (Advanced) / IIT JEE 2015 is to appear and qualify in JEE (Main) to be conducted by CBSE in the month of April, 2015. The top 1,50,000 candidates of JEE Main Paper 1 will be eligible to appear in the JEE Advanced exam.
- Age limit: Candidate must be born on or after October 1, 1990. Age relaxation of five years is applicable for Sc, ST, PwD candidates.
- Number of attempts: A candidate can attempt the IIT JEE for maximum two times, that too as consecutive year attempts.
- Top 20 percentile in board exam: Apart from being in top 1,50,000 in JEE Main paper, the candidate should also be among top 20 percentile in respective board. Last two years cut off for top 20 percentile has been officially published by IITs. Please see – Cut off marks at 20 percentile of successful candidates from various boards for the year 2014. Please note, the criteria has been modified this year. Read The top 20 Percentile Criterion for admission has been modified this year. See Performance in Class XII (or equivalent) Board Examination.
Before applying, you must ensure that you fulfill all the conditions of eligibility criteria. Please read the JEE (Advanced) 2015 information bulletin carefully before applying.
Reservation in IITs
How to prepare for JEE Advanced 2015
The single entrance exam of IIT JEE was replaced by two stage JEE (Main + Advanced) in 2013. Idea behind this was to reduce pressure of one-day performance. However, to maintain a separate level of competition for the IITs, the final admissions are based only on the merit of JEE Advanced exam. Like in any engineering entrance exam, preparation and strategy is important for getting a good score.
Know about the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE).
About JEE (Main) exam – This is similar to the erstwhile AIEEE. Conducted by CBSE, the JEE Main exam structure consists of one paper of three hours duration. The question paper has 90 questions divided into three sections namely physics, chemistry, mathematics. Each section covers 30 questions of difficulty range moderate to difficult. For every correct answer, you get (+4) marks, and for wrong answer, (1) mark is deducted.
About JEE (Advanced) exam – The conduct and regulation is observed by IITs. Unlike the Mains exam, the Advanced exam has two papers of three hours duration each. Paper 1 and Paper 2 are conducted one after the other, on the same day. Each candidate must appear in both papers to be eligible for being in the merit list.
Each paper contains 60 questions divided among sections of physics, chemistry and mathematics. There are different types of questions such as
- Multiple choice questions with single answer correct.
- Multiple choice questions with more than one answer correct.
- Match the following type questions.
- Numerical answer type questions.
Marking scheme is generally a (+3) and (-1) pattern. However, the marking scheme varies from paper to paper. On the day of exam, you must definitely go through the instructions carefully before attempting the questions.
Use the best IIT JEE study material for preparation.
JEE Preparation Books – In school or coaching you are suggested the best books to prepare for JEE Main and advanced. Ideally, you should start preparing by covering all topics given in the syllabus from NCERT books. Move on to reference books to enhance your problem solving skills. To help you in picking up the best physics, chemistry and mathematics books, we have also prepared a concise list. Check out JEE preparation books to know more.
JEE Advanced papers – Previous year question papers must be solved by all IIT aspirants. The JEE Advanced / IIT JEE question papers are given here for your ready reference. Solve each paper within 3 hours. After the end of time limit, check the answer keys and solutions. You can analyze the strong and weak areas and prepare accordingly.
Time management in engineering entrance exam preparation
Start early and pick up speed in the last few months
It is essential to understand the value of time during JEE Advanced preparation. To get admission in the IIT of your choice, it is important to get a high score. The best students in the country compete to get admission in the top IITs namely IIT Bombay, Delhi, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Roorkee. 16 IITs and also institutes such as RGIPT, IISER, IIST also take admission on basis of JEE Advanced exam. You should start preparing specifically for the IIT JEE at least four to five months before the exam.
Self analysis and preparation strategy
By practicing topic wise questions, you can understand which areas you are good or bad in. for example if you have trouble answering questions from organic chemistry, chalk out more time in your study table for the same. For your strong areas, shift focus from theory to only problem solving. Ultimately, what matters is your grasp of the concepts along with ability to tackle questions.
Question solving methods
A multiple choice question pattern gives the freedom to students to solve questions in any which way they want. Generally there is more than one way to solve a particular calculation based problem. As long as you have the correct approach, you can choose the shortest method to solve it. Take care to avoid silly mistakes and calculation errors.
Avoid distractions during JEE Advanced 2015 preparation
There are six months remaining for the exam. Now is the time to gear up your preparation. You need to understand the importance of giving your 100% in the exam preparation.
Eliminate personal distractions
In the months before the exam, you should avoid any kind of distractions.
- Social networking should be used primarily for information purposes and not for fooling around.
- Video games or watching TV should be restricted to recreational hours (not more than 1 hour).
- If you have trouble giving up watching TV for long, it is advisable to disconnect cable connection for few months.
- Install productivity check apps to monitor your online usage.
Stick to your time table
Every minute is important in this race to score high in JEE Advanced 2015. You should make a weekly as well as daily time table.
- In the weekly time table, set goals of finishing n number of topics in the week. Also that you should attempt sample papers.
- In the daily time table, set apart time for every minute thing like morning chores, travel to school and so on. Try to include every minute in a pre-defined manner.
- Sleeping well is also important. Less amount of sleep may lead to tiredness and lack of attention during studying.
- Eat healthy. You need to avoid falling sick.
- Meditate or exercise. This has been shown to increase productivity among students.
Most important of all – Believe in yourself!
The joint entrance examination is an important milestone in your life. However, it is hardly as difficult to achieve as some other goals you will have later in your life. Understand that you are as capable of achieving this goal, as any other student. As long as you work hard and do your best, that is all that matters.
Believe in yourself, and never give up!
JEE Advanced 2015 Application Form
Eligible candidates can apply for JEE Advanced 2015 in the month of May, 2015. The application form submission process consists of two steps. First is to register online at IIT JEE (Advanced) online application form. Second is to make payment of application fee.
- Application form of JEE-Advanced-2015 will be open from 02-05-2015 to 07-05-2015.
- Enter details of JEE Main roll number, personal details correctly.
- Select choice of examination city and language of question paper.
- Upload passport size photograph and signature as jpeg.
- Upload documents such as date of birth proof, category certificate if applicable, and other relevant documents.
JEE Advanced 2015 application form submission begins after declaration of JEE Main 2015 result. Candidates will get five days to register online. Form submission process is online only. Last year fee payment was done via challan. Details of application fee for this year’s IIT JEE have been announced. Application fee is as follows. Details of fee submission shall be announced when online application portal is opened.
|General and OBC candidates||Rs 2000 (male candidates), Rs 1000 (female candidates)|
|SC, ST, Pwd candidates||Rs 1000 (male candidates), Rs 500 (female candidates)|
JEE Advanced 2015 Admit Card
Admit Card of IIT JEE (Advanced) 2015 can be downloaded using the online log in portal in the second week of May, 2015. Candidates who apply before last date and are found eligible for the exam will be issued admit card for JEE Advanced 2015.
- Candidate must bring the print out of the downloaded admit card to the examination centre.
- Only those candidates, who carry valid hall ticket to the examination hall, will be allowed to write the examination.
- Admit card / hall ticket can download begins on 09-05-2015. Last date to download the hall tickets is 12-05-2015.
JEE Advanced 2015 Exam Pattern
Number of papers: 2
Duration of exam: 3 hours per paper.
Sections in each paper: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics.
Regarding the exact marking marking scheme and number of questions asked, there is no fixed pattern. To know last year’s IIT JEE pattern, please see IIT JEE Advanced 2014 exam analysis. As per last year’s paper, the pattern of JEE Advanced was as follows:
|Total questions||120 (60 each in paper 1 and paper 2)|
|Type of questions||
|Marking scheme||+3 for correct answer-1 for incorrect answer : Negative marking is not applicable in certain sections.|
|Total maximum marks||360|
Items Prohibited in the Examination Hall
Electronic devices like mobile phone, calculator, iPod, iPad etc. are NOT PERMITTED in JEE Advanced 2015. Further, items like log table, abacus, slide rule, book, notebook, geometry box etc. and any other means of calculation are also strictly prohibited in the examination hall.
JEE Advanced 2015 AAT – Architecture Aptitude Test.
Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) for B. Arch. for the JEE (Advanced)-2015 Qualified Candidates:
Candidates desirous of joining the B. Arch. (Architecture) courses will be required to pass in an Aptitude Test to be conducted only at the 7 zonal IITs (nowhere else). However the seat allotment will be done based on the category wise All India Rank in the JEE (Advanced)-2015 .The test will consist of one paper of three hours duration – from 09:00 to 12:00 hrs (IST). Question papers for the Aptitude Test will be in English only. Syllabus for this test is given in the information. Candidates must register online at the JEE (Advanced) portal for this Aptitude Test. Only those candidates who would have given B. Arch program (available at IIT Kharagpur and IIT Roorkee) as one of their choices while filling their choices online, will be eligible to write AAT. They are advised to update themselves from the JEE (Advanced)-2015 web page. No separate admit card will be issued to them. They have to bring the JEE (Advanced)-2015 original admit card to the Examination Hall. Candidates coming for the AAT are advised to bring their drawing and coloring aids.
Candidates securing marks above the cut off (to be decided by the Joint Implementation Committee of JEE (Advanced)-2015) will be declared as ‘passed’ the test and put on the JEE (Advanced)-2015 web page.
Date of IIT AAT – June 21, 2015.
Online registrations – June 18, 2015 to June 19, 2015.
Results declaration – June 25, 205.
- Architecture Aptitude Test Registration
- List of candidates who have qualified Architecture Aptitude Test
JEE Advanced Counselling
IITs where admission is through JEE Advanced 2015 and official IIT-JEE-ADV 2015 websites.
|Name of IIT||Also known as||JEE Advanced (2015) Website|
|IIT (BHU) Varanasi||IIT (BHU)||No individual web page for JEE ADV|
|IIT Bhubaneswar||IITBBS||No individual web page for JEE ADV|
|IIT Gandhinagar||IITGN||No individual web page for JEE ADV|
|IIT Hyderabad||IITH||No individual web page for JEE ADV|
|IIT Indore||IITI||No individual web page for JEE ADV|
|IIT Jodhpur||IITJ||No individual web page for JEE ADV|
|IIT Mandi||IIT Mandi||No individual web page for JEE ADV|
|IIT Patna||IITP||No individual web page for JEE ADV|
|IIT Ropar||IITRPR||No individual web page for JEE ADV|
Other Institutes offering admission by using Rank List of JEE (Advanced).
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Ratapur Chowk, Rae Bareli, UP
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER)
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology Thiruvananthapuram