JMI Admissions 2017 include various UG, PG and other courses in the Jamia Millia Islamia University. Jamia Millia Islamia University Admission shall be done on the basis of JMI Entrance Tests, other Entrance Tests like JEE Main and wherever applicable, interviews. JMI Admission 2017refers to everything including application form submission, conduct of entrance exam and interviews, declaration of results. Get here complete details of JMI Admission 2017 such as Jamia Millia Islamia University application form, obtaining admit cards, exam pattern, results.
JMI Admission 2017
Admission in Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi is offer waitlisteded at the following faculties.
- Faculty of Humanities and Languages,
- Faculty of Social Sciences,
- Faculty of Natural Sciences,
- Faculty of Education,
- Faculty of Engineering & Technology,
- Faculty of Law,
- Faculty of Architecture and Ekistics,
- Faculty of Fine Arts,
- Faculty of Dentistry.
To appear in the JMI entrance exam 2017 for admission, candidate must read the detailed prospectus carefully and determine that one is eligible for the particular course. The eligibility criteria for JMI admission 2017 shall be given for each course and candidate must check the same before filling up the JMI 2017 application form.
Jamia Millia Islamia Admissions Quick Links
Other JMI Admissions
Jamia Millia Islamia University (JMI) Admission 2017 Details
The admission notification will be issued by JMI for admission in academic session 2017-18.
Expected Important dates for JMI admission 2017 are as follows.
|Start of online application form||Mar 2017|
|Last date to submit application form||Apr 2017|
Insofar any details of JMI Admission 2017 have not been officially announced. Details given on this page as per last year’s exam brochure and is only for reference. Information has been provided so that candidates who have started looking for JMI Admission 2017 can get an idea of how the exam is held. As soon as JMI Admission 2017 information brochure is released, details will be updated here.
Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) Application Forms 2017
To appear in the entrance exams, eligible candidates must fill up the application forms issued by Jamia Millia Islamia University, Delhi. JMI application form 2017 will be issued. Online application forms for JMI admission 2017 can be accessed and filled by eligible candidates.
Points to keep in mind while filling up the forms are as follows.
- Forms should be completely filled and date entered should be correct and verifiable.
- Application form where the candidate’s photographs do not match the specifications as set out by JMI may be rejected.
- Candidate must not submit more than one application form for the same program.
All candidates seeking admission to various programs are required to appear in the Entrance Test(s) which in certain cases may be followed by other components such as interview etc. in accordance with the admission schedule given in Information Brochure given below.
Entrance Test Syllabi – The syllabi for Entrance Tests along with the structure of the question paper and other necessary details including marks breakup, important instructions etc. can be downloaded from the Jamia’s website http://jmi.ac.in/entrancetestsyllabi, and will also be made available on Notice Boards of the concerned office of the Faculty/Department/Centre.
Entrance Test Schedule (Last year)
- Admission of eligible candidates to all Programs offered by various Faculties and Centers of Jamia Millia Islamia shall be done through merit determined on the basis of an Entrance Test conducted by JMI, and wherever applicable, followed by an interview and/or other components.
- Admission to B.Tech./B.Arch. programs of Jamia Millia Islamia are however made based on the merit determined by the performance of candidate in JEE (Main). For further information candidates may refer to Information Brochure for B.Tech/B.Arch. Admission 2017-18.
- Candidates obtaining less than 40% marks in the descriptive part of the Entrance Test, wherever applicable, will not be shortlisted for interview/admission.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in the Objective Type/Multiple Choice questions in all programs of the University except M.Phil., B.Arch. and B.D.S.The absence of a candidate in any component of the Entrance Test including Written Test, Group
Discussion, Interview, as the case may be, shall forfeit his/her claim for admission in the said Program.
- No application/request from candidates for rechecking/re-evaluation of Answer Scripts of an Entrance Test shall be entertained.
- There is no provision of nomination on any seat by any authority of Jamia and no application/ request shall be entertained in this regard.
- The number of seats mentioned in various Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs is only indicative of the maximum intake capacity of each Program and does not bind the University to admit the number of students specified. The number of students finally admitted shall depend on the minimum benchmark of Program in the Entrance Test/Interview etc.
- No candidate shall be entitled to claim admission as a matter of right.
- Candidates are strongly advised to regularly check the University website (http://jmi.ac.in) for admission related notices and other information.
- In general, admission to any Program of Jamia Millia Islamia may be canceled, at any stage, if any information furnished by the candidate is found to be incorrect or if a candidate has been wrongly admitted due to any reason.
JMI Admission Information Brochure (Last Year)
For All UG / PG Courses (except B.Tech / B.Arch) – Download Information Brochure
For B. Tech / B. Arch Admission – Download Information Brochure
If you have any queries regarding Jamia Millia Islamia University (JMI) Admission 2017, please ask in comments below.