JMI Admissions 2016 include various UG, PG and other courses in the Jamia Millia Islamia University. Jamia Millia Islamia University Admission shall be done on the basis of JMI Entrance Tests, other Entrance Tests like JEE Main and wherever applicable, interviews. JMI Admission 2016 refers to everything including application form submission, conduct of entrance exam and interviews, declaration of results. Get here complete details of JMI Admission 2016 such as Jamia Millia Islamia University application form, obtaining admit cards, exam pattern, results.
Notified on 15 Sep 2016 :- The last date of completing admission formalities for selected candidates in BDS course (List displayed on 10 Sep 2016) is extended till 20 Sep 2016. The admission formalities can be completed on 16, 19 and 20 Sep 2016.
JMI Admission 2016
Admission in Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi is offerwaitlisteded at the following faculties.
- Faculty of Humanities and Languages,
- Faculty of Social Sciences,
- Faculty of Natural Sciences,
- Faculty of Education,
- Faculty of Engineering & Technology,
- Faculty of Law,
- Faculty of Architecture and Ekistics,
- Faculty of Fine Arts,
- Faculty of Dentistry.
To appear in the JMI entrance exam 2016 for admission, candidate must read the detailed prospectus carefully and determine that one is eligible for the particular course. The eligibility criteria for JMI admission 2016 shall be given for each course and candidate must check the same before filling up the JMI 2016 application form.
Jamia Millia Islamia Admissions Quick Links
Other JMI Admissions
Jamia Millia Islamia University (JMI) Admission 2016 Details
The admission notification has been issued by JMI for admission in academic session 2016-17.
List of Selected and Waitlisted Candidates – BDS
The following candidates have been provisionally Selected / waitlisted for admission in B20: Bachelor of Dentistry from spot registration. Admission will be granted subject to fulfillment of the prescribed eligibility requirement. Admission formalities are to be completed by selected candidates on 16 Sept 2016 at the office of The Dean, Faculty of Dentistry, JMI.Candidates who have applied for admission in Bachelor of Dentistry (BDS) course at JMI for the session 2017-18, can check the list from official website of JMI or from the direct link given below.
- BDS Selected candidates and waitlisted list – Check here
At the time of admission, selected candidates will have to submit the originals of the following along with a self-attested photocopy of the same (Any other document such as “Preview Print” etc. will not be acceptable)
- NEET Admit Card
- NEET Score Card
- 6 recent Passport size Photograph at the time of admission.
- Proof of passing the qualifying examination, together with the original marks sheet, in accordance with the eligibility requirements for admission as mentioned in Prospectus.
- Proof of age based on the certificate of High School/Secondary School or an equivalent examination.
- Proof of permanent address (Voter ID Card, Passport, Driving License etc) as declared in the application form with the name of Police Station and the District.
- Proof of entitlement for a particular reserved category issued by the competent authority.
- Character Certificate from the institution last attended.
- Certificate from an M.B.B.S. doctor or a government hospital certifying blood group.
- In case an intervening / gap period is involved, the candidate has to submit a certificate/ affidavit from Class 1 Gazetted Officer / Notary Public for the entire intervening / gap period showing year-wise preoccupation and non-indulgence in any criminal activities after leaving the institution last attended.
- Affidavit for not indulging in ragging activity as per prescribed Performa.
Spot Round Admission – BDS
The applicants for admission in Bachelor of Dentistry (BDS) course at JMI for the session 2017-18, has to register themselves in spot registration. The date of spot registration is 07 Sept 2016 from 09:30 A.M. to 03:30 P.M.
Mode of Spot Registration: The candidate can register themselves at the Office of The Dean Faculty of Dentistry, JMI OR The candidates can register online.
The admission will be offered among the registered candidates of 07 Sep 2016. Strictly as per merit. No registration will be accepted after the mentioned date and time. Only those candidates who have appeared in NEET1/NEET2 and submitted the info to JMI are allowed to register.
Important dates for JMI admission 2016 are as follows.
|Start of online application form||23 Mar 2016|
|Last date to submit application form||25 Apr 2016|
Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) Application Forms 2016
To appear in the entrance exams, eligible candidates must fill up the application forms issued by Jamia Millia Islamia University, Delhi. JMI application form 2016 has been issued. Online application forms for JMI admission 2016 can be accessed and filled by eligible candidates.
Points to keep in mind while filling up the forms are as follows.
- Forms should be completely filled and date entered should be correct and verifiable.
- Application form where the candidate’s photographs do not match the specifications as set out by JMI may be rejected.
- Candidate must not submit more than one application form for the same program.
All candidates seeking admission to various programs are required to appear in the Entrance Test(s) which in certain cases may be followed by other components such as interview etc. in accordance with the admission schedule given in Information Brochure given below.
Entrance Test Syllabi – The syllabi for Entrance Tests along with the structure of the question paper and other necessary details including marks breakup, important instructions etc. can be downloaded from the Jamia’s website http://jmi.ac.in/entrancetestsyllabi, and will also be made available on Notice Boards of the concerned office of the Faculty/Department/Centre.
Entrance Test Schedule
- Admission of eligible candidates to all Programs offered by various Faculties and Centers of Jamia Millia Islamia shall be done through merit determined on the basis of an Entrance Test conducted by JMI, and wherever applicable, followed by an interview and/or other components.
- Admission to B.Tech./B.Arch. programs of Jamia Millia Islamia are however made based on the merit determined by the performance of candidate in JEE (Main). For further information candidates may refer to Information Brochure for B.Tech/B.Arch. Admission 2016-17.
- Candidates obtaining less than 40% marks in the descriptive part of the Entrance Test, wherever applicable, will not be shortlisted for interview/admission.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in the Objective Type/Multiple Choice questions in all programs of the University except M.Phil., B.Arch. and B.D.S.The absence of a candidate in any component of the Entrance Test including Written Test, Group
Discussion, Interview, as the case may be, shall forfeit his/her claim for admission in the said Program.
- No application/request from candidates for rechecking/re-evaluation of Answer Scripts of an Entrance Test shall be entertained.
- There is no provision of nomination on any seat by any authority of Jamia and no application/ request shall be entertained in this regard.
- The number of seats mentioned in various Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs is only indicative of the maximum intake capacity of each Program and does not bind the University to admit the number of students specified. The number of students finally admitted shall depend on the minimum benchmark of Program in the Entrance Test/Interview etc.
- No candidate shall be entitled to claim admission as a matter of right.
- Candidates are strongly advised to regularly check the University website (http://jmi.ac.in) for admission related notices and other information.
- In general, admission to any Program of Jamia Millia Islamia may be canceled, at any stage, if any information furnished by the candidate is found to be incorrect or if a candidate has been wrongly admitted due to any reason.
JMI Admission 2016 Information Brochure
For All UG / PG Courses (except B.Tech / B.Arch) – Download Information Brochure
For B. Tech / B. Arch Admission 2016 – Download Information Brochure
If you have any queries regarding Jamia Millia Islamia University (JMI) Admission 2016, please ask in comments below.