Calcutta University MA / M.Sc Admission 202020 – Calcutta University has released provisional verification notice and 1st Provisional Selection List for M.A admission 2019 for the session 2020-2021. Admission process and availability of application form for M.A., M.A./M.Sc.(Eco, Museo) Course is out officially. The complete detail of Calcutta University MA / M.Sc Admission 2020 such as application form, eligibility criteria, selection process, etc. are given below.
– Calcutta University has released admission notice for Pre MA Course 2020 in French. Click here to check the details.
– Calcutta University has released admission notice for Pre MA Course 2020 in Russian. Click here to check the details
– The admission portal will remain suspended on and from November 06 to 07 and will reopen from November 07, 2020, at (12.02 A.M.).
– The last date to apply has been extended up to November 14, 2020. Scroll down to check the complete notice.
Calcutta University MA / M.Sc Admission 2020
Calcutta University offers admission in M.Sc (Eco) & Museology, M.A courses in:-
Bengali, Comparative Indian Language & Literature, English, Linguistics, Pali, Sanskrit, Hindi, Urdu, Arabic & Persian, French, Buddhist Studies, History, Ancient Indian History & Culture, Islamic History & Culture, Archaeology, Museology, Philosophy, Political Science, Sociology, Economics , South & South East Asian Studies, Education, Journalism & Mass Communication and Commerce.
Schedule for the Calcutta University MA / M.Sc Admission 2020 is given below.
|Availability of Application Form||02 Nov 2020|
|Last date to Submission of Form|
Calcutta University MA Admission 2020 Notice for Russian Programme
Click here to download the notice.
Click here to download the Notice
Calcutta University MA / M.Sc Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Originally only those students shall be eligible for admission who have passed three years degree course(10+2+3) with Honours of Calcutta University and Honours after Graduation(Special Honours) in the subject to which the admission is sought for or in a subject which has been declared to be an allied subject( Inter-disciplinary Subject) by the Faculty Council for P.G. Studies in Arts, Calcutta University.
Just previous Year Honours Graduates (i.e., applicants having qualified last year and not beyond) may also apply. The detailed list of eligibility criteria has been attached in pdf form down below.
- General Eligibility (Hons. subject wise)
- Eligibility for HUMAN RIGHTS Course
- Eligibility for Courses Under Faculty of HOME SCIENCE
- Eligibility for Courses Under Faculty of AGRICULTURE
- Eligibility for Courses Under Faculty of SCIENCE
Calcutta University MA / M.Sc Admission 2020 Application Form
Application for Calcutta University MA / M.Sc Admission 2019 required to be submitted online only. Before the submission of Online Application, the following points must be ensured
- All the fields in the Application Form are correctly filled up.
- The Application Form is filled up as per detailed Eligibility Criteria.
- No. of Course(s)/College(s) intended to be applied is correctly selected.
- Order of preference of the Course(s)/College(s) intended to be applied is correctly selected.
- Photograph and the Signature of the applicant are properly uploaded.
Rs. 200/- (for GENERAL and others candidate) and Rs. 100/– (for SC/ST/PWD candidate) for each group of application. All payments of Application Fee to be deposited through Bill Desk Gateway.
Payments of all courses to be made in a Single Transaction. Payments once made are not refundable. After Payment to update payment status in the database may require 2/3 working days.
Calcutta University MA / M.Sc Admission 2020 Selection Process
Selection of candidate of Part“A”. Selection List for Admission will be published strictly in order of merit, based on the percentage of marks secured in Honours subject and in case of a tie, the aggregate of marks in general subjects are taken into consideration for all courses.
Selection of candidate of Part “B” will be made on the basis of marks obtained in the Entrance Test.
Click here to check the detailed selection procedure.
Venue of Final Admission
|Admission in Various Course||Venue|
|For Admission to P.G. courses in University Departments||Respective Faculty Secretary Offices of different Campuses, University of Calcutta|
|For Admission to P.G. courses offering in U.G. Colleges||Admission in the Principal’s Office of the Respective colleges|
Calcutta University MA / M.Sc Admission 2020 Other Important Information
At the time of Admission, all Original Documents must be shown/produced:
- At the time of Admission 6 months Tuition Fee & Lab. Fee; and Library fee of the entire course along with all annual charges to be deposited
- Fee Book will be issued from the Secretary Office at the time of Admission
- Declaration by the candidate using Format II ( available in the Information Brochure, Section Format)
- The undertaking of Anti-Ragging declaration by the candidate & the guardian using the format available in the website.
Official Website: caluniv-ucsta.net
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.