Calcutta University MA / M.Sc Admission 2019 – Calcutta University has released provisional verification notice and 1st Provisional Selection List for M.A admission 2019 for the session 2019-20. Admission process and availability of application form for M.A., M.A./M.Sc.(Eco, Museo) Course is out officially. The complete detail of Calcutta University MA / M.Sc Admission 2019 such as application form, eligibility criteria, selection process, etc. are given below.
Calcutta University MA / M.Sc Admission 2019
Calcutta University offers admission in M.Sc (Eco) & Museology, M.A courses in:-
Bengali, Comparative Indian Language & Literature, English, Linguistics, Pali, Sanskrit, Hindi, Urdu, Arabic & Persian, French, Buddhist Studies, History, Ancient Indian History & Culture, Islamic History & Culture, Archaeology, Museology, Philosophy, Political Science, Sociology, Economics , South & South East Asian Studies, Education, Journalism & Mass Communication and Commerce.
Schedule for the Calcutta University MA / M.Sc Admission 2019 is given below.
|Official notification||20 Jun 2019|
|Online Application form (start & end date)||20-29 Jun 2019|
|Deposition of Application fee through Bill Desk Gateway||20 Jun – 01 Jul 2019|
|Publication of Draft merit list of C.U. current year students
|Submission of printed copy of Application & documents for PART- ‘A’ (Current year C.U. Graduates)||NOT REQUIRED AT THIS TIME|
|Submission of claim for correction in draft merit list (if any) using Format-I Submission of claim for correction in draft merit list (if any) using Format-I Submission of claim for correction in draft merit list (if any) using Format-I
|Entrance Test||17 Jul – 19 Jul 2019|
|Announcement of detailed schedule of Group wise Entrance Test mentioning Date, Time & Venue||To be announced later|
|Hall Ticket Download for Entrance Test from website||To be announced later|
|Publication of Entrance Test Results||To be announced later|
|Submission of claim for correction in draft merit list (if any) using Format-I PART –‘B’ of all Groups||To be announced later|
|Publication of Provisional 1 st Selection lists for both PART- ‘A’ & PART –‘B’ for all Groups based on the data provided by the candidate||To be announced later|
|Submission of printed copy of Application & documents and verification of both PART- ‘A’ & PART –‘B’ candidates of Provisional 1 st Selection list **If any application found wrong at the time of verification, his / her candidature will be treated as cancelled and admission will be denied||To be announced later|
|Date of admission of 1 st Selection list of both PART- ‘A’ & PART –‘B’||To be announced later|
|Last Date of admission of 1 st Selection List of both PART- ‘A’ & PART –‘B’ in UG Colleges||To be announced later|
|Call Up / Counseling for 2 nd Selection List for 2 nd Provisional Selection list of all groups of both PART- ‘A’ & PART –‘B||To be announced later|
|Date of admission of 2 nd Selection list of both PART- ‘A’ & PART –‘B’||To be announced later|
|Commencement of Classes||To be announced later|
|Notification for Special Drive for vacant reserved category seats||To be announced later|
|Notification regarding 3 rd Provisional Selection list of both PART- ‘A’ & PART –‘B’||To be announced later|
- Click here to check the Notification for Special drive for SC,ST,OBC-A & OBC-B.
- Click here to check the notice regarding M.A 2019
- Click here to check the Counselling call up notice 2019.
- Click Here to check the Official notice regarding the Entrance Test date.
- Click here to check notice for Calcutta University MA Admission 2019.
- Click here to check notice for Calcutta University M.Sc Admission 2019.
Admission Notice against Vacant Seats
Originally only those students shall be eligible for admission who have passed three years degree course(10+2+3) with Honours of Calcutta University and Honours after Graduation(Special Honours) in the subject to which the admission is sought for or in a subject which has been declared to be an allied subject( Inter-disciplinary Subject) by the Faculty Council for P.G. Studies in Arts, Calcutta University.
Also you can apply for ATSE 2020 Scholarship Exam - Click Here
Just previous Year Honours Graduates (i.e., applicants having qualified last year and not beyond) may also apply. The detailed list of eligibility criteria has been attached in pdf form down below.
- General Eligibility (Hons. subject wise)
- Eligibility for HUMAN RIGHTS Course
- Eligibility for Courses Under Faculty of HOME SCIENCE
- Eligibility for Courses Under Faculty of AGRICULTURE
- Eligibility for Courses Under Faculty of SCIENCE
Application for Calcutta University MA / M.Sc Admission 2019 required to be submitted online only. Before the submission of Online Application, the following points must be ensured
- All the fields in the Application Form are correctly filled up.
- The Application Form is filled up as per detailed Eligibility Criteria.
- No. of Course(s)/College(s) intended to be applied is correctly selected.
- Order of preference of the Course(s)/College(s) intended to be applied is correctly selected.
- Photograph and the Signature of the applicant are properly uploaded.
Rs. 200/- (for GENERAL and others candidate) and Rs. 100/– (for SC/ST/PWD candidate) for each group of application. All payments of Application Fee to be deposited through Bill Desk Gateway.
Payments of all courses to be made in a Single Transaction. Payments once made are not refundable. After Payment to update payment status in the database may require 2/3 working days.
Selection of candidate of Part“A”. Selection List for Admission will be published strictly in order of merit, based on the percentage of marks secured in Honours subject and in case of a tie, the aggregate of marks in general subjects are taken into consideration for all courses.
Selection of candidate of Part “B” will be made on the basis of marks obtained in the Entrance Test.
Click here to check the detailed selection procedure.
Venue of Final Admission
|Admission in Various Course||Venue|
|For Admission to P.G. courses in University Departments||Respective Faculty Secretary Offices of different Campuses, University of Calcutta|
|For Admission to P.G. courses offering in U.G. Colleges||Admission in the Principal’s Office of the Respective colleges|
Other Important Information
At the time of Admission, all Original Documents must be shown/produced:
- At the time of Admission 6 months Tuition Fee & Lab. Fee; and Library fee of the entire course along with all annual charges to be deposited
- Fee Book will be issued from the Secretary Office at the time of Admission
- Declaration by the candidate using Format II ( available in the Information Brochure, Section Format)
- The undertaking of Anti-Ragging declaration by the candidate & the guardian using the format available in the website.
Official Website: www.caluniv-ucsta.net