Best Books and Study Material for GATE 2019 CE (Civil Engineering) Paper
Civil Engineering is one of the oldest fields of engineering and technology. The field encompasses planning of designs, and executing structural works. As a civil engineering, you will face a number of challenging and interesting job opportunities. Having a ME / M.Tech degree in Civil Engineering definitely gives one a great boost for future opportunities. Candidates who will be appearing for the GATE exam must know about the best GATE books for Civil Engineering – CE. After a lot of research and expert recommendations, we have listed the best GATE books for CE exam.
Complete List of Important Books for GATE 2019 CE – GATE Study Material for Civil Engineering.
The EM section is common in 17 GATE papers.
|LINEAR ALGEBRA||Advanced Engineering Mathematics by Erwin Kreyszig|
|CALCULUS||Intermediate Mathematics by B.V.Sastry andK.Venkateswarlu|
|DIFFERENTIAL EQUATION||Higher Engineering Mathematics By B.S Grewal|
|NUMERICAL METHODS||Introductory methods of numerical analysis by SS Sastry.|
GATE Civil Engineering preparation books.
Books for studying Structural Engineering.
|STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS||Structural analysis by S.S Bhavikatti|
|CONCRETE STRUCTURES||R.C.C Designs by Dr. B.C Punmia Ashok Kr. Jain Arun Kr. Jain|
|STEEL STRUCTURES||Design of steel structure by S.K Duggal|
GATE books for Geotechnical Engineering.
|SOIL MECHANICS||Advanced Soil Mechanics by Braja M. Das|
|FOUNDATION ENGINEERING||Principles of Foundation Engineering by Braja M. Das|
Water Resources Engineering should be studied from.
|Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics||A textbook of Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics by R.K Bansal|
|Hydrology||Engineering Hydrology by K. Subramanya|
|Irrigation||Irrigation Engineering by N. N Basak|
Environmental Engineering topics are best covered in the following books.
- Environmental Engineering by B.C. Punmia (Part I & II), S.K. Garg (Part-I & II), Peavy, Metcalf & Eddy.
The topic of Transportation Engineering is to be studied from –
- Highway Engineering by Khanna & Jasto, Kadiyali.
Surveying should be read from –
- Surveying and Levelling by Rangwala.
Other books you can refer to for GATE Preparation.
- Strength of Materials, Theory of Structures by Rammamrutham.
- Soil Mechanics by V N S Murthy.
- Survey by Aurora, Som Ghosh.
- Water Resources by S K Garg.
- Transportation by Justo Khanna.
- Steel Design by Kazimi Zindal.
- RCC Design by Krishna Raju, PC Verghese.
- Prestressed Concrete by Krishna Raju.
- Reinforced Concrete by Ashok K Jain.
- Railway Engineering by Subhash and Satyapal.