Rabindra Bharati University offers admission to the B.Ed Course of 2-year duration for the academic year 2020 under the Faculty of Arts. The Application form process of RBU B.Ed 2020 will be release in the month of March 2020 on the official website i.e www.rbu.ac.in. Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. For more information of RBU B.Ed Admission 2020 application process, eligibility criteria, seat and other information on this page below.
RBU B.Ed Admission 2020
Candidates can now see their interview process from the official website www.rbu.ac.in as per the schedule. candidates must check all the details carefully provided below.
Schedule for the RBU B.Ed Admission 2020 is given below.
|Availability of Application Form||Last week of Mar 2020|
|Last date for online application form||Second week of Apr 2020|
|Last date for online payment of application fee||Second week of Apr 2020|
|Last date for submission of application form||Last week of Apr 2020|
|Interview of PWD candidates||Second week of May 2020|
|Publication of 1st Provisional Merit List||Third week of May 2020|
|Provisional Admission of 1st Merit List||Last week of May 2020|
|Confirmation of Admission||Last week of May 2020|
|Publication of 2nd Provisional Merit List||Last week of May 2020|
|Provisional Admission of 2nd Merit List||First week of Jun 2020|
|Confirmation of Admission||First week of Jun 2020|
|Commencement of Classes||First week of Jul 2020|
Academic Programme: B. Ed.
- As per NCTE Regulations 2014, candidates with at least 50% (45% for SC/ST/PH) marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s degree in Sciences/Social Sciences/Humanity, Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% (50% for SC/ST/PH) marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the programme.
(ii) Fresher candidates having break of studies for more than two years( i.e. the last degree obtained should not be prior to 2016) would not be eligible for admission. (c) The issue of break of studies is not applicable to Deputed candidates.
(iii) Deputed teachers applying for admission will have to be from the schools receiving grant-in-aid from the Govt.
(iv) Deputed teacher applying for admission must submit the certificate with the application form from the school authority to the effect that he/she is a permanent fulltime teacher who teaching for class IX onwards as per Govt. order and attach ‘No Objection Certificate’ issued by the school authority enclosing the resolution of the Managing Committee at the time of admission ,if selected.
(v) Application of the Deputed teacher failing to comply with the requirements mentioned at (d) & (e) above will not be considered for admission.
Academic Programme: B.Ed. Spl. Ed
(a) Candidates with at least 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC/PH) marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s degree in Social Sciences/Humanities/ Sciences, Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% (50% for SC/ST/OBC/PH) marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the programme.
(b) Fresher candidates having break of studies for more than two years ( i.e. the last degree obtained should not be prior to 2016) would not be eligible for admission.
Academic Programme: Bachelor of Library and Information Science (B.Lib.I.Sc.) course of one year duration (2 semesters of 6 months each)
Eligibility criteria for admission:
(a) For Fresher candidate: Any person having Graduation with honours (10+2+3 pattern) or Master’s degree (with honours) or a technical degree (of the pattern 10+2+4 or 10+2+5) such as Engineering, Computer Application, Pharmacy, Law etc. of any other U.G.C recognized University or Institute.
(b) For deputed candidate: a full-time salaried staff in any (Govt. or semi Govt.). Graduation with honours and working experience as Govt./ Govt. aided Libraries/recognized institution
(c) For Certificate holders in Library Science: Graduation with honours with certificate in Library Science .
(d) For Fresher candidates: Fresher candidates having break of studies for more than two years would not be eligible for admission i.e. the last degree obtained should not be prior to 2016.
(e) The issue of break of studies is not applicable to Deputed candidates
RBU B.Ed 2020 Application Form
Interested & Eligible candidates may apply online from the official website as per schedule mention above. Candidates are advised that they must ensure their eligibility and other conditions before filling the application form. The direct link to application form will be provided below.
As per last year.
Rs.300/- + additional charge of Bank (Rs.180/- + additional charge of Bank for PWD candidates)
Mode of Payment
Application Processing Fees can opt:
- Online payment through Net Banking or Credit Cards or Debit Cards of any bank.
- Through Cash/Challan: A Pay-in-slip will have to be generated. The candidate can submit the fees through Cash/Challan in any of the branches of Allahabad Bank after 24 hours of printing the auto-generated Cash/ Challan.
- Through NEFT: A Pay-in-slip will have to be generated. The candidate can submit the fees through NEFT in any branch of the Bank in which he/she has his/her Bank Account. Example: If a candidate has bank account in State Bank of India (SBI) ,he/she can submit the fees through NEFT in any branches of the State Bank of India (SBI).
Instruction for filling Application Form
The applicants are advised to follow the instructions noted here under while filling up the Application Forms online:
- In order to apply online, applicants have to register themselves first.
- During registration, the applicant will be asked to provide an e-mail id and a mobile number, these must be valid ones because initial login password will be sent to the provided e-mail id and mobile number via SMS, and in future, all correspondences in this regards may be made to these e-mail id and the given mobile no. via SMS.
- Applicants must provide valid email id & mobile no. else the registration process will not be completed.
- After registration, the password will be sent to the registered e-mail id and mobile no.
- It is recommended that the applicant should change their password on the first login if required.
- After Successful login applicant will be required to select the course(s) he/she may wish to apply and check the eligible first. Once found eligible he/she can fill up rest of the Admission Form.
- An applicant will be required to upload his / her scanned Photograph and Signature during filling up the admission form, therefore, he/she is advised to keep these ready before filling up the admission form.
- After filling up all required information to submit the same, applicant must agree with the given declaration, clicking on check box. It is important to note that, once it is submitted, the information already entered cannot be altered under any circumstances. Therefore, they are advised to be sure about the accuracy and relevance of the filled up information before clicking the submit button.
- After Submission of the application, applicant will be able to download or take print out of the filled up ‘Application Form’ bearing the AIN (Application Identification Number) and his / her other information relating to instructions for payment of Application Processing Fees through Payment Gateway. Application shall be summarily rejected, if payment is not made as per instructions given in the auto- generated Instruction Sheet for Payment
- The applications, once applied by the Applicant cannot be cancelled or altered and the amount paid for the same by the Applicant is not refundable. All amount(s) paid by the Applicant, for application to the course(s) offered by ‘Rabindra Bharati University’ shall stand appropriated. In case of multiple payments, being processed for a single application, the extra amount may be refunded to the Applicant after verification, if applied for.
RBU B.Ed 2020 Merit List
Rabindra Bharti University will release the provisionally of First, Second, Third, Fourth & Final Merit List of selected candidates for the admission to B.Ed Programme in RBU. Those who will applied for the RBU B.Ed Admission 2020 can able to check the Merit List as per the course using the direct links which will be provided below.
Reservation of Seats
In B.Ed. Course out of total intake of 50 seats, 25% seats will be reserved for Deputed Teachers teaching for Class IX onwards and 75% seats will reserved for fresher candidates and out of 75% seats for Fresher candidates, 10% seats will be reserved for the fresher candidates belonging to other universities and 90% seats will be reserved for the fresher candidates of home University as per Govt. Order No. 486- Edn(CS)/ES/EE/10M-16/15 dt.29.5.2015.
Reservation of seats for the reserved categories of ST/SC/OBC-A/OBC-B/PWD will be as per the West Bengal Higher Educational Institutions (Reservation in Admission) Rules, 2013.
Note: Reserved category candidate from the state other than West Bengal will be treated as Unreserved category.
In B.Lib.I.S.c course , 04 (four) seats are reserved for Foreign / NRI students against a higher rate of tuition fees. In case of non-availability of Foreign / NRI students, Indian students may be considered in those seats against the same higher rate of tuition fees. For these seats, application will be invited after the admission of 2nd merit list. Such applications will have to be downloaded from the University website by entering the system generated AIN which has already been submitted online for consideration of admission. Therefore, it is to be noted that only the candidates who have already submitted application form online for admission in this session i.e. 2020, will get the chance to apply
1 st Provisional Merit list of the candidates selected for admission and other details will be published on the University website on May 21, 2020 (after 5:00 pm).
Provisional Admission: From May 25, 2020 to May 26, 2020 the selected candidates will be required to pay the Course fee of Rs.7215.00 (For Internal Candidates ) + additional charge of Bank (Internal Candidates having valid Registration Number of Rabindra Bharati University) and Rs. 7315.00 (For External Candidates) + additional charge of Bank (External Candidates having valid Registration Number of other University ) online using his/her previous Login ID and Password, Application ID etc. Once again the candidate will be offered to pay through Online or Offline mode. After the successful transaction of payment of Course fee, the candidate will be treated as admitted provisionally. Please note that this provisional admission will be categorically treated as cancelled , if the information particularly marks entered during the filling up of Application Form do not tally with the actual marks reflected on the original mark sheets.
Admission Confirmation: May 28, 2020 ( between 11:30 a.m. and 3:3:30 p.m.) For confirmation of admission, provisionally admitted candidates must bring all original mark sheets, SC/ST/OBC/PWD certificates issued by the competent authority (in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD category), and other relevant documents for physical verification. Deputed teacher selected for admission must submit the certificate from the school authority to the effect that he/she is teaching for class IX onwards as per Govt. order and must also submit ‘No Objection Certificate’ issued by the school authority enclosing the resolution of the Managing Committee at the time of confirmation of admission. Only after successful verification, the provisional admission will be confirmed.If any discrepancies are found during verification of documents, marks, scores, etc. the provisional admission will be categorically cancelled and no refund of payment will be made. No further application for rectification will be entertained at this stage.
Tentative date of Commencement of Class: July 01, 2020
Candidates who applied for admission to B.Ed. course in 2020 session under the Person with Disability (PH) quota are requested to appear before the Interview Board as per scheduled above.
The reporting time for the interview process is scheduled at 11-00 am sharp. For Interview, time is scheduled at 12-00 noon. Candidates are requested to report at Committee Room (E.B.CAMPUS).
The candidates must produce the following documents at the time of Interview:
- The original mark sheet of MP, HS, UG, PG etc.
- The original Certificate of PH (PWD)
- The original admit card of MP
- Acknowledgment copy (Bank payment receipt & Application submission receipt.)
- Co-operation of all concerned in this regard will be highly appreciated
Official Website: www.rbu.ac.in
For more detail of RBU B.Ed Admission 2020 – Download prospectus 2019 for reference purpose.