Tamilandu M.Pharm Admission 2017 – TN Health has issued a notification for admission to M.Pharm course for the academic session 2017-18. Interested candidates can check all the details of Tamil Nadu M.Pharm Admission 2017 like application procedure, elgibility criteria, selection procedure etc from this page given below.
Admit card for the Entrance Exam is now available for download. Check the link below.
Tamilnadu M.Pharm Entrance Exam 2017
Tamil Nadu M.Pharm invites application for admission to Master of Pharmacy Course for the academic session 2017-18. Admit Card for M.Pharm Entrance Exam 2017 will be issued after the completion of application process.
Schedule for the Tamilnadu M.Pharm Entrance Exam 2017 is given below.
|Commencement of Online submission of Application||08 May 2017|
|Last date for online application||14 May 2017|
|Last date for receipt of print out of online application||15 May 2017|
|Date of Entrance Examination||21 May 2017|
|Expected date for declaration of result||within a week|
|Allotment of seats by personal appearance||4th week of May 2017|
Application Form 2017
Submission of application forms through online process only. Applications submitted through online shall be considered, only after receiving the print-out of online entry with necessary copies of certificates (duly attested passport size photograph to be pasted on the space provided). Application with necessary enclosures to be sent in a large sized cover measuring 38cm X 28cm superscribed “APPLICATION FOR M.Pharm COURSE 2017 – 2018 SESSION” to the Secretary, Selection Committee, Directorate of Medical Education, Kilpauk, Chennai -10 before the last date along with a Demand Draft for 1000/- towards the cost of application form drawn in favour of The Secretary, Selection Committee, payable at Chennai.
Applications without the Demand Draft will not be accepted. The name of the candidate and the course applied for (M. Pharm) should be mentioned on the reverse of the Demand Draft. SC/ SCA and ST candidates who are Natives of Tamil Nadu are exempted from payment of the cost of the Application Form.
The Application Number will be assigned to each candidate at the time of online submission.
Candidates should send the application with all enclosures in an A 4 size cloth lined cover . The template with requisite details available for download should be printed and pasted on the cover.
Candidate can track their application by logging in with their Application No and Password.
- Candidates seeking admission to the Postgraduate M.Pharmacy Course should be citizen of India and Natives of Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates of Tamil Nadu Nativity who have completed B. Pharmacy in other States should furnish a certificate of Nativity in Tamil Nadu issued by the competent authority only in the specified format and supported by a copy of Passport/ Ration Card / Voter‟s ID / Driving License. If the copy of the supporting document is not produced, then the application form will be rejected.
- Nativity Certificate submitted later will be summarily rejected.
- Candidates should possess a B.Pharmacy Degree awarded by the Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University or any other University recognized as Equivalent thereto by the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University / Pharmacy Council. Candidates who have qualified from other universities should obtain and produce an Eligibility Certificate from the Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University at the time of counseling, failing which they will not be considered for selection.
- Candidates seeking admission to the Postgraduate M.Pharmacy course should have obtained not less than 55% for OC, BC, BCM, MBC and 50% for SC, SCA and ST of the total marks obtained in all semester subject marks taken together in the B.Pharmacy Course. In case of failure (s) the pass marks in the subsequent (attempts) shall be taken for calculation purpose. Number of attempts are not considered for calculation of marks.
- A candidate who has already completed or acquired a Postgraduate Degree in any branch in M.Pharmacy course or is undergoing a Postgraduate course in any branch is not eligible to apply for any other branch in M.Pharmacy course. Candidates who have discontinued a course on any grounds after the cut off date fixed by the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University are not eligible to apply for two years from the date of appearance for the entrance examination.
Admit Card 2017
Eligible candidates only can download their Hall Tickets from the websites www.tnhealth.org / www.tnmedicalselection.org. by logging in with their Application Number and Password and attend the Entrance Examination. The direct link to download the Admit card is also provided below for your convenience.
The Entrance Examination will be conducted only at Chennai as scheduled below:
M.Pharm Degree Course – 21.05.2017 (Sunday) (10.00 A.M. to 12.00 Noon)
The Centre in which the entrance examination is to be written will be given in the Hall Ticket.
Candidates seeking admission should write the Tamil Nadu Post Graduate M.Pharmacy Course Entrance Examination conducted by the Selection Committee.
- The Entrance Examination will be of the undergraduate level covering all subjects and will contain 125 objective type questions each with four responses (A B C D) in English. Number of questions in each subject.
- Each question will carry 1 (one) Mark. There will be NO NEGATIVE MARK for incorrect responses. Zero mark will be given for questions not answered. When more than one answer is indicated or when it is illegible, no mark will be awarded for that question. The Maximum marks will be computed to 90.
- No candidate shall be allowed to take back the Question Booklet and a request for provision of Xerox copies of the question booklet, answer sheet or answer key will not be entertained.
The individual Entrance Examination Marks for 90 will be displayed on the websites : (www.tnhealth.org / www.tnmedicalselection.org.).
The Secretary, Selection Committee will publish the merit list on the websites www.tnhealth.org. / www.tnmedicalselection.org.. The candidates are advised to visit the website everyday from the date of issue of application for information.
The candidates will be called for counseling as per their merit and they may exercise their option as per their eligibility norms mentioned in the Prospectus. There will be NO Rechecking / Revaluation / Retotalling of answer sheets. Answer keys will not be provided.
The Merit List will be drawn for a Total Mark of 100 by computing the Entrance Examination Marks and the marks for experience. ( 90 marks for entrance examination + 10 marks for experience including marks for hilly areas).
Determination of inter-se merit :
In case of two or more candidates obtaining equal marks out of total of 100 marks, the inter-se-merit of such candidates shall be determined on the basis of the following order of preference.
- Marks obtained in the Entrance Examination.
- Least number of appearance in the final Semester/ final year of B.Pharm. Examination.
- Total marks obtained in the final semesters/ final year examination of B.Pharm. course.
- Seniority in age will be given preference
The Selection will be made by counseling based on Merit and by applying the Rule of Reservation / Roster method followed by the Government of Tamil Nadu wherever applicable.
The rule of reservation shall be as follows:-
- Open Competition – 31%
- Backward Class – 30%
- Most Backward / Denotified – 20%
- Scheduled Caste – 18%
- Scheduled Tribe – 1%
Within the 30% reservation for Backward Classes 3.5% reservation will be provided for Muslims and 16% of seats out of 18% Quota earmarked to Scheduled Caste Arunthathiyar Community.
50% of seats in each branch and in each college are reserved for service candidates, in addition to those for service candidates selected in the open category. In case an odd number seat remains in any branch in the total seats sanctioned for that branch , that seat shall be filled by merit and communal reservation.
The odd seat stated above is referable to each branch and not to each college. For the newly sanctioned seats in Government Colleges after the I Phase of counseling, reallotment of courses/colleges will be permitted as per merit and communal reservation from rank one. Joined and Waitlisted candidates only can attend the counseling for the allotment of the above seats.
If there are no eligible Service candidates opting for M.Pharmacy course, the same will be allotted to eligible Open Category candidates .
Allotment of seats will be done by counseling based on merit following the rule of reservation / roster system in force in the State of Tamil Nadu and as per all other terms and conditions contained in the Government Order issued and to be issued from time to time with regard to rule of reservation.
Candidates will be called for counseling according to their rank in batches.
Eligible candidates only can download their Call Letters by logging from the websites www.tnhealth.org / www.tnmedicalselection.org. with their Application Number with Password and attend the Counseling as per the date and time mentioned in the counseling schedule which will also be available on the above web-sites.
Option once given during the counseling cannot be changed later. Request for change of branch/college from one to another is not permitted after an option has been exercised at the time of counseling.
Request for transfer from one college to another will not be allowed strictly after the cut off date. Re-allotment will be permitted only during 2nd phase of counseling.
Individual request for transfer of college will not be entertained. Mutual transfers will not be permitted under any circumstances.
Candidates selected for admission should give a declaration in the form given at the time of counseling that he / she is liable for forfeiture of selection / admission if suppression of facts are found at any time during or after admission to the course. The selection / admission shall be liable for cancellation based on declaration at any time during or after the admission to the course.
To know about the more details of counselling procedure candidates refer to the information brochure attached below.
For more details of Tamil Nadu M.Pharm Entrance Exam 2017 – Download Information Brochure.