University of North Bengal MA/M.Sc Admission 2017 – University of North Bengal offered admission into M.A / M.Sc programmes in various discipline for the academic year 2017-2018. Candidates can fill their application form for said courses from online method. Candidates can check the complete information of University of North Bengal MA/M.Sc Admission 2017 application process, eligibility criteria and other information through this page below.
Latest News: – First Provisional Admission List for 60% Intake has been Published, Scroll down to check the same.
University of North Bengal MA/M.Sc Admission 2017
Candidates seeking admission in M.A/M.Sc Courses in various discipline can fill their application from here as per schedule.
Schedule for the North Bengal MA/M.Sc Admission 2017 is given below.
|Commencement of submission of Online Application||23 Jun 2017|
|Last date of submission of Online Application & making payment of fees|
|Online Publication of Provisional List for Admission [60% of the intake]||14 Jul 2017|
|Online Publication of Provisional List for Admission [40% of the intake]||01 Aug 2017|
Candidates can check the complete schedule details for M.A/M.Sc Courses HERE.
1st Provisional Admission Lists for 60% Intake (Home) Candidates has been Published for MA/M.Sc/M.Com As per the Schedule. Candidates have to pay fee from 25 Jul 2017 to 27 Jul 2017. Check Candidates List from the link below.
- Click Here to Check the list
Application Form 2017
Keep the following items in your hand before applying :
- Email id
- Mobile no
- Scanned photograph (Less than 100KB)
- Scanned signature (Less than 100KB)
- Credit card, Net banking or ATM-cum-Debit card if available
Application can be filled for M.A / M.Sc Courses in online mode at nbuonline.in. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and read the other instruction carefully before filling online application.
- M.A – Rs. 150/- for general and Rs. 50/- for SC/ST/OBC candidates of the State of West Bengal only on production of relevant certificates.
- M.Sc – Rs. 150/- for general candidates and Rs. 60/- for SC/ST/OBC of the State of West Bengal and BPL/PwD candidates only on production of relevant certificates.
N.B. Fees are subject to such modification as may be deemed necessary by the appropriate authority.
The candidates with Honours Degree [10+2+3 system] in the respective subject from a recognized University shall be eligible to apply for admission to M.Sc. / M.A. courses. Candidates who have passed UG examination three years earlier or more before the year of admission shall not be eligible for admission to M.Sc. / M.A. courses (e.g., candidate passing UG examination in 2014 or before shall not be eligible for admission in P.G. courses of the session 2017-2018).
For M.A Course
- Honours graduates [10+2+3 system] in History / Political Science / Geography / Economics / Sociology / Anthropology are eligible for admission to M.A. in Strategic and Area Studies.
- Honours graduates [10+2+3 system] in Journalism & Mass Communication or Honours graduates in any other discipline are eligible for admission to M.A. in Mass Communication.
- Honours / Major [10+2+3 system] in Rural Development, B.A. [10+2+3 system] with Postgraduate Diploma in Rural Development, B.A. Honours [10+2+3 system] in History / Political Science / Economics / Sociology / Philosophy / Social Works / Geography / Anthropology or Honours in other subject are eligible for admission to M.A. in Rural Development.
- For M.A. in Rural Development: Honours graduates in History / Political Science / Economics / Sociology / Philosophy / Social Works / Geography / Anthropology or in other subject may be considered only after considering the Honours / Major in Rural Development & B.A. with Postgraduate Diploma in Rural Development.
For M.Sc course
- For Microbiology: Honours graduates in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Life Science, Botany, Zoology, Physiology may be considered only after considering the Honours graduates in Microbiology.
- For Anthropology: Honours graduates in Sociology/Geography/Zoology/Botany/Physics/Chemistry may be considered for admission to Anthropology only after considering the Honours graduates in Anthropology.
- For Tea Science: Honours graduates in any branch of Science and Agriculture
- For Biotechnology: Seven students will be taken from DBT panel and three seats will be filled up by NBU graduates having 55% marks [for SC, ST & PwD 50% marks] in Physical Sciences, Biological Sciences, Pharmacy, Engineering & Technology, Medicine & Dentistry may be considered.
- For MCA- Thirty students will be taken from the panel of JECA. Eligibility: Graduates or equivalent degree under (10+2+3) pattern in any discipline of a UGC recognized University/Institute or AICTE recognized B.E./B.Tech./BCA of a University/Institute. Candidate must have Mathematics as one of the subjects at each level of education. Candiadte have to secure 60% marks [55% marks for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B & PwD candidates] at each level of education.
Admission to all courses shall be made on the basis of such principles of selection as may be laid down.
A student admitted to one Department will not be allowed to take transfer to any other Department.
Those who will be declared eligible for admission shall have to pay all charges required for admission within a time limit as may be fixed. They have to submit two Affidavits towards curbing the menace of ragging (one by the candidate & another one by the Parent / Guardian), signed before a Notary, to this office at the time of admission which will remain in force during the whole tenure of the course of study.
If a student selected for admission does not get himself/herself admitted within the specified time he/she will forfeit his/her claim for admission.
The name of a student shall be struck off from the Roll if he/she fails to attend 50% of the classes held during the first 7 teaching days. A student has to attend at least 75% of the classes and tutorials held in a Semester to be eligible to sit for the Examination.
A student who wants to join this University on migration from another University shall have to submit a Migration Certificate and Registration Fee of Rs. 250/- within one month from the date of admission.
Online application for admission in M.Sc./M.A. course is mandatory for all potential incumbents. Candidates are instructed to visit www.nbu.ac.in for detail information regarding online application.
After admission if at any point of time during the tenure of the course it is detected that marksheet/s submitted and/or the information given by the candidate is/are forged/false, the admission of the candidate will be cancelled by the authority forthwith.