Vikram University is a university in the city of Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh, India. The university, which is named after the ruler Vikramaditya, was established in 1957. Vikram University offers admission in UG and PG Programme through Entrance exam for the academic year 2018-19. Candidates can check the complete information of Vikram University Admission 2018 like application form process, eligibility criteria, seat intake and other information through this page below.
Vikram University Admission 2018
Candidates seeking admission at Vikram University into various UG and PG courses have to fill the online application form here as per schedule. Admission on the basis of Entrance Test and some courses admission will be based on Merit list. Schedule, as released by the university, has been provided below.
Admission through Merit Basis
|Last date for submission of Admission forms|
|For UG courses||23 June 2018|
|For PG and Diploma Courses||30 June 2018|
|UG Courses||PG Courses||Integrated Courses|
|Social Sciences||Arts||B.A.LL.B (5 year)|
|Other Courses||Life Science|
Admission through Entrance Test
|Courses Offered||Last date for submission||Date of Entrance Test|
|For M.Sc Microbiology and M.Sc Environment Management||23 Jun 2018||25 Jun 2018|
|For B.Pharma||23 Jun 2018||
13 Aug 2018
|DET for Ph.D Admission||25 Sep 2018
30 Sep 2018 – With late fee of Rs 500/-
|07 Oct 2018|
|ET for M.Phil||25 Sep 2018
30 Sep 2018 – With late fee of Rs 500/-
|07 Oct 2018|
Note: Fee for Entrance test is Rs. 750 which is to be paid online
Vikram University releases results after successful conduction of the entrance exam. The admission will be done on the basis of merit. The university has released the results for B.Pharm entrance exam. Candidates who appeared in the exam can check their result through the link provided below.
Result: Click here to check the B.Pharma entrance test result 2018.
Notice regarding Increase in seats for Admission into B.Com. Hons
Notice regarding B.Pharma Entrance Exam
Vikram University 2018 Application Form
Candidates can fill their Application Form from the official website. All the candidates who are eligible and satisfy with the eligibility criteria can fill their Application Form. The direct link to fill the Application Form is given below.
- Click here to apply online for entrance test 2018-19
- Click here to apply online for admission through merit.
- For M.Phil/Ph.D: Rs 2000/-
General Instructions for Entrance Test
- The application form should be submitted online through MP Online portal.
- All the candidates will be provisionally allowed to appear in the Entrance Test. Admit Card will be available on MP Online Portal (www.mponline.gov.in) two days before the test. For appearing in entrance test examination, candidates themselves will ascertain their eligibility.
- The candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without Admit Card.
- No financial support will be provided to the applicant for attending the test
- There shall be test for admission in B.Pharma course. The entrance test shall be based on the complete syllabus of 10+2 level. The test would be through multiple-choice objective type questions consisting of three sections namely Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics. The student will be required to attempt any two sections.
- There shall be one combined test for admission in M.Sc. Microbiology, Environment Management. The score of entrance test will be valid for all these courses depending on eligibility of the candidates for the respective course. The entrance test shall be based on the graduate level syllabus. The test will be through multiple-choice objective type questions consisting of four sections, namely Chemistry, Life Sciences, Mathematics and Computer Applications. The student will be required to attempt any two sections.
- There shall be a separate entrance test for M.Phil. / Ph. D. The entrance test shall be based on the post-graduate level. The test would be through multiple-choice objective type questions.
Admission of Students will be on the basis of merit. Merit will be determined as per order of merit of the grand total of the marks obtained in the qualifying examination for admission. In the subjects relating to Science, the students getting less than 45% theoretical marks in the aggregate subjects in the qualifying examination shall not be eligible for admission. In the subjects relating to Arts and Social Sciences faculties, the students getting less than 40% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination shall not be eligible for admission.
As per rules of the Government of Madhya Pradesh, reservation in the admission will be provided in every School of Studies
Admission will be given on the basis of the under-mentioned priorities
- Students having passed in the first division from Vikram University.
- Students having passed in the first division from any other University in Madhya Pradesh.
- Students having passed in the first division from any other University outside of Madhya Pradesh (20% of the total seats allotted).
- For the rest of the vacant seats, the following priorities have been prescribed.
- Students having passed in the Second Division from Vikram University will get 5% weightage in comparison to the students passing from any other University of Madhya Pradesh. The order of merit will be determined on the basis of aggregate of marks obtained in the qualifying examination and theoretical question papers.
- In case of there being any seats vacant. students from the Universities outside of Madhya Pradesh will be eligible for admission on the basis of merit.
Students from outside of Madhya Pradesh who have studied the first and secondary subjects up to graduate level but have not studied the desired subject as the main subject for admission shall not be eligible for admission.
Students who have qualified in the subjects of Arts and Social Sciences and who have not passed the examination in the desired subjects up to graduate level will be eligible for admission after students who have acquired the prescribed qualification in that subject.
Sons & daughters of the University staff will be given weightage in marks up to 5%.
While deciding the order of merit, weightage means the weightage on the basis of percentage of the marks obtained
In order to determine merit, only those students who are eligible for admission will be provided weightage. Students who passed in the Second division shall not be entitled to any priority on the basis of weightage over students who passed in the First division.
In all other cases not mentioned in the above admission rules, the guidelines issued for admissions by the Commissioner, Higher Education, Government of Madhya Pradesh shall be applicable to the School of Studies.
In case of any difference of opinion with regard to the clarification of above rules or rules of admission, the decision of the Vice Chancellor shall be final.
For any court action, Ujjain headquarters will be jurisdiction.
The procedure of admission and weightage will also remain as per the guidelines issued by the Commissioner, Higher Education, Govt. of M.P. for this academic session.
Seat matrix for the session 2018-19 for admission in different courses in Vikram University.
Official Website: www.vikramuniv.ac.in