Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University has announced the commencement of GGSIPU PhD Admission 2017-2018. The Ph.D program is offered in the discipline of Bio-Technology, English, and Education in different University School of Studies (USS). The admission will be based on the performance of the candidate in Research Aptitude Test (RAT). Candidates can get all the details of GGSIPU Admission, Application Form, RAT etc. on this page.
GGSIPU Ph.D Admission 2018
Admission for Ph.D. Programme offered at Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University is open. The candidates willing to get admission to Ph.D programme shall participate in the admission process as per the schedule provided here.
Schedule of events for GGSIPU Ph.D. Admission 2017-2018 is given below.
|Start Date of filling Application Form||31 Aug 2017|
|Last Date of receipt of Application Form||03 Oct 2017 up to 4.00 pm|
|Date of Entrance Test||14 Oct 2017 & 15 Oct 2017|
Admit Card for Ph.D Test has been issued for GGSIPU PhD Admission 2018. Candidates can get the same by entering the Login ID & Password through the direct link provided below.
All the candidates have to apply online for admission to Ph.D. programme by filling up the online application form as available on University website http://www.ipu.ac.in on the payment of Rupees One Thousand Only ( Rs. 1000/-) plus service charges and taxes as applicable as the application fee. Candidates can also fill their Application form from the direct link given below.
Instructions for filling up Ph.D. Admission Form
- The candidates must read all the important instructions before filling up the Application Form.
- The candidate should choose the “exam category” as “Ph.D.” in the online application form.
- The candidate should enter his or her relevant details and upload a current clear photograph of size as mentioned with his or her signature.
- Relevant course for Ph.D. Entrance Test should be chosen and payment of application fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rs. One Thousand only) plus service charges and taxes as applicable must be made online.
An applicant possessing any one of the following qualifications shall be eligible to apply for admission to Ph.D. programme in Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University.
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme should have a Master’s Degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/Differently-Abled (PWD) categories.
- A person, whose M.Phil. dissertation has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending may be admitted to the Ph.D. programme.
- Candidates possessing a M.Phil. degree or a degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution.
- A degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme.
Admission to the Ph.D. programme of studies shall be through an Entrance Test conducted by the University in the relevant disciplines of study.
For those students who qualify UGC-NET (including JRF) / UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF) / GATE / DBT-JRF / ICMR-JRF / Teacher fellowship holder or have passed M.Phil. programme, such candidates for admission to Ph.D. programme shall be exempt from the entrance test conducted by the University. However, they shall have to apply for admission to the University.
Reservation shall be as per the State Reservation Policy, notified by the University from time to time.
The written entrance test shall be qualifying for admission to Ph. D. programme with 50% as qualifying cut off. The syllabus of the written entrance test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific.
An interview / vice-voce shall be organized where the candidates are required to discuss their research interest / area through a presentation before a duly constituted Admission Committee.
The admission shall be based on the performance / merit of the candidate in the interview/viva-voce. The interview/viva-voce shall consider the following aspects, viz. whether:
- The candidate possesses the basic knowledge and aptitude for the proposed research work;
- The candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research work;
- The proposed plan of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge in the area of research.
For written entrance test qualified candidates, the merit list (out of 100 marks), for admissions will be prepared as per following criteria:
- 50% weightage will be given to the marks obtained in written entrance test;
- 25% weightage will be given on the above three criteria listed.
- 25% weightage will be given to interview/Viva-voce.
There shall not be any negative marking in the written examination.
For detailed information about GGSIPU Admission 2017-2018 – Download Information Brochure.
If you have any queries, please ask in comments below.