Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University will release the notification for admission into the PhD courses. The Admission to the PhD programmes will be based on the performance of the applicant through Entrance Test (PET), which is conducted by the University in the relevant disciplines of study. The application form for the PhD programmes will be available on the official web portal, Candidates are advised to ensure the eligibility criteria before filling the same. You can check all the details of GGSIPU Admission in PhD programmes like Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Result etc. from this article.
GGSIPU PhD Admission 2019
Candidates are advised to retain a printout of the application form as proof of application. The candidates willing to get admission to PhD programme shall participate in the admission process as per the expected schedule provided here. Schedule of events for GGSIPU PhD Admission 2019 is given below.
|Start Date of filling Application Form||1st week of Jun 2019|
|Last Date of receipt of Application Form||1st week of Jul 2019|
|Date of Entrance Test||2nd week of Jul 2019|
|The result of the Entrance Test||3rd week of Jul 2019|
|Submission of Documents||1st week of Jul 2019|
|List of Exempted Candidates from PET||1st week of Jul 2019|
|Interview Scheduled||last week of Jul 2019|
An applicant possessing any one of the following qualifications shall be eligible to apply for admission to Ph.D. programme in Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. Below we mentioned the eligibility criteria which is based on the last year record, as soon as it will release we will update it here.
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme should have a Master’s Degree (in a relevant discipline) or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational An institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/Differently-Abled (PWD) categories.
- A person, whose M.Phil. the dissertation has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending may be admitted to the Ph.D. programme.
- Candidates possessing a M.Phil. degree or a degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution.
- A degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions shall be eligible for admission to PhD programme.
All the interested candidates can apply online for admission to the Ph.D. programme only from the University website: http://www.ipu.ac.in. Candidates for admission to the PhD programme must satisfy the eligibility criterion as specified above in this article. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether he/she possesses the requisite eligibility and qualifications for admission. Candidates can also fill their Application form from the direct link which will be provided below.
Instructions for filling up Ph.D. Admission Form
- The candidates must read all the important instructions before filling up the Application Form.
- The candidate should choose the “exam category” as “Ph.D.” in the online application form.
- The candidate should enter his or her relevant details and upload a current clear photograph of size as mentioned with his or her signature.
The Admit Card for Ph.D Test will issue by the GGSIPU on the official website soon after the successful completion of the application form. Candidates must keep the details of their login id and the password secure and safe. Candidates can get the same by entering the Login ID & Password through the direct link which will be provided below.
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University will be announced the result on the official website for the PhD Entrance test. No separate intimation will be sent to the candidates regarding declaration of results. A detailed schedule of regarding the counselling/interview/admissions will be notified on the University Website http://www.ipu.ac.in.
Admission to the Ph.D. programme of studies shall be through an Entrance Test conducted by the University in the relevant disciplines of study.
For those students who qualify UGC-NET (including JRF) / UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF) ** / GATE* / DBT-JRF / ICMR-JRF / Teacher fellowship holder or have passed M.Phil. programme, such candidates for admission to Ph.D. programme shall be exempt from the entrance test conducted by the University. However, they shall have to apply for admission to the University. Such candidates need to submit the relevant documents in support of their claim along with a request for exemption at the respective schools.
*Candidates with valid and qualified GATE score.
** Candidates with the valid and qualified NET score and with Junior Research Fellowship.
Reservation shall be as per the State Reservation Policy, notified by the University from time to time.
The written entrance test shall be qualifying for admission to Ph. D. programme with 50% as qualifying cut off. The syllabus of the written entrance test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific.
An interview / vice-voce shall be organized where the candidates are required to discuss their research interest / area through a presentation before a duly constituted Admission Committee.
The admission shall be based on the performance / merit of the candidate in the interview/viva-voce. The interview/viva-voce shall consider the following aspects, viz. whether:
- The candidate possesses the basic knowledge and aptitude for the proposed research work;
- The candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research work;
- The proposed plan of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge in the area of research.
Official Website: www.ipu.ac.in
For detailed information about the GGSIPU PhD Admission 2019- Download last year Information Brochure.
Insofar, Official Notification regarding GGSIPU PhD Admission 2019 has not been announced yet. Information on this page as per last year details. As soon as the conducting body will release the official notification the same will be updated here.
If you have any queries, please ask in comments below.