Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University has announced the commencement of GGSIPU PhD Admission 2018-2019. The Ph.D program is offered in the following disciplines of Information Technology, Computer Science & Engineering, Computer Applications,Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechanical & Automation Engineering,Management, Chemical Technology, Bio-Technology, Environmental Sciences, Medical Sciences, Physiotherapy, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, English, Sociology, Law & Legal Studies, Mass Communication and Education . The admission will be based on the performance of the candidate through an entrance (PET), conducted by the university. Candidates can get all the details of GGSIPU Admission, Application Form, PET etc. on this page.
GGSIPU PhD Admission 2018
Admission for Ph.D. Programme offered at Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University is open. The candidates willing to get admission to Ph.D programme shall participate in the admission process as per the schedule provided here.
Schedule of events for GGSIPU Ph.D. Admission 2018-2019 is given below.
|Start Date of filling Application Form||05 Jun 2018, 4.00 pm onwards|
|Last Date of receipt of Application Form||03 Jul 2018 up to 4.00 pm|
|Date of Entrance Test||14 Jul 2018 & 15 Jul 2018|
|Result of Entrance Test||18 Jul 2018|
|Submission of Documents||07 Jul 2018|
|List of Exempted Candidates from PET||12 Jul 2018|
|Interview Scheduled||20 to 26 Jul 2018|
- Click here to check the schedule for counselling/admission for M.Phil programme 2018.
- Click here to check the notice regarding Interview for the selection of Ph.D. Scholars under USCT
- Click here to check the Notice for Admission to Ph.D. Programme (English), USHSS
- Click here to check the Notice for Admission to Ph.D. Programme (Sociology), USHSS
- Click here to check the Interview Schedule for Ph.D. Admission at USLLS
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University has announced the merit list of candidates who have appeared in Ph.D.(English) & M.Phil (English) Entrance Test (PET-2018). Candidates can check the same from the link provided to them below.
- Click here to check List of provisionally selected candidates for admission to M.Phill(English).
- Click here to check List of provisionally selected candidates for admission to Ph.D. programme.
- Click here to check the Roll No. wise merit list of candidates appeared in Ph.D.(English) & M.Phil (English) Enterance Test (PET-2018).
All the candidates have to apply online for admission to Ph.D. programme by filling up the online application form as available on University website http://www.ipu.ac.in on the payment of Rupees One Thousand Only ( Rs. 1000/-) plus service charges and taxes as applicable as the application fee. Candidates can also fill their Application form from the direct link given below.
- Click Here to apply for GGSIPU PhD programme.
Application process is over now !
Instructions for filling up Ph.D. Admission Form
- The candidates must read all the important instructions before filling up the Application Form.
- The candidate should choose the “exam category” as “Ph.D.” in the online application form.
- The candidate should enter his or her relevant details and upload a current clear photograph of size as mentioned with his or her signature.
- Relevant course for Ph.D. Entrance Test should be chosen and payment of application fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rs. One Thousand only) plus service charges and taxes as applicable must be made online.
An applicant possessing any one of the following qualifications shall be eligible to apply for admission to Ph.D. programme in Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University.
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme should have a Master’s Degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/Differently-Abled (PWD) categories.
- A person, whose M.Phil. dissertation has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending may be admitted to the Ph.D. programme.
- Candidates possessing a M.Phil. degree or a degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution.
- A degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme.
Admit Card for Ph.D Test will be issued for GGSIPU PhD Admission 2018 soon after the successful completion of the application form. Candidates can get the same by entering the Login ID & Password through the direct link which will be provided below.
Admission to the Ph.D. programme of studies shall be through an Entrance Test conducted by the University in the relevant disciplines of study.
For those students who qualify UGC-NET (including JRF) / UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF) / GATE / DBT-JRF / ICMR-JRF / Teacher fellowship holder or have passed M.Phil. programme, such candidates for admission to Ph.D. programme shall be exempt from the entrance test conducted by the University. However, they shall have to apply for admission to the University.
Reservation shall be as per the State Reservation Policy, notified by the University from time to time.
The written entrance test shall be qualifying for admission to Ph. D. programme with 50% as qualifying cut off. The syllabus of the written entrance test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific.
An interview / vice-voce shall be organized where the candidates are required to discuss their research interest / area through a presentation before a duly constituted Admission Committee.
The admission shall be based on the performance / merit of the candidate in the interview/viva-voce. The interview/viva-voce shall consider the following aspects, viz. whether:
- The candidate possesses the basic knowledge and aptitude for the proposed research work;
- The candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research work;
- The proposed plan of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge in the area of research.
For written entrance test qualified candidates, the merit list (out of 100 marks), for admissions will be prepared as per following criteria:
- 50% weightage will be given to the marks obtained in written entrance test;
- 25% weightage will be given on the above three criteria listed.
- 25% weightage will be given to interview/Viva-voce.
There shall not be any negative marking in the written examination.
For detailed information about GGSIPU Admission 2018-2019- Download Information Brochure.
If you have any queries, please ask in comments below.