Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Admission to the PhD programmes is based on the performance of the applicant through Entrance Test (PET), which is conducted by the University in the relevant disciplines of study. The application form for the PhD programmes is available on the official web portal, Candidates are advised to ensure the eligibility criteria before filling the same. You can check all the details of GGSIPU Ph.D. Admission 2020, like the Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Result, etc. from this article.
GGSIPU PhD Admission 2020
Candidates are advised to retain a printout of the application form as proof of application. The candidates willing to get admission to PhD programme shall participate in the admission process as per the given schedule provided here. Important Schedule regarding events for GGSIPU Ph.D. Admission 2020 is given below.
|Start Date of filling Application Form||2nd week of Mar 2020|
|Last Date of receipt of Application Form||1st week of May 2020|
|Date of Entrance Test||3rd week of May 2020|
|The result of the Entrance Test||1st week of Jun 2020|
|Submission of Documents||2nd week of May 2020|
|List of Exempted Candidates from PET||3rd week of May 2020|
|Interview Scheduled||1st week of Jul 2020|
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University has announced the result on the official website for the Ph.D. Entrance test. No separate intimation will be sent to the candidates regarding the declaration of results.
An applicant possessing any one of the following qualifications shall be eligible to apply for admission to Ph.D. programme in Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. Below we mentioned the eligibility criteria for P.h.D. programme.
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme should have a Master’s Degree (in a relevant discipline) or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational An institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/Differently-Abled (PWD) categories.
- A person, whose M.Phil. the dissertation has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending may be admitted to the Ph.D. programme.
- Candidates possessing an M.Phil. degree or a degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution.
- A degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions shall be eligible for admission to PhD programme.
All the interested candidates can apply online application form for admission into the Ph.D. programme from the official website, i.e., www.ipu.ac.in. Candidates for admission to the PhD programme must satisfy the eligibility criterion as specified above in this article. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether he/she possesses the requisite eligibility and qualifications for admission. Candidates can also fill their Application form from the direct link is provided below.
Instructions for filling up Ph.D. Admission Form
- The candidates must read all the important instructions before filling up the Application Form.
- Candidate can fill in the online application form for the admission to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University from the university website, ipu.ac.in
- The first page of the General Information form contains the personal information fields, and the candidate has to fill in all the mandatory details.
- Candidate has to click on here to upload his/her scanned passport sized colour photograph, signature and left hand thumb impression, which should be clearly visible, failing to which his/her candidature will be cancelled.
- On the basis of the exam category selected, Qualification page will appear. Candidate has to fill in his/her academic details. These details are not mandatory and a candidate has to fill the details only if it’s available with them.
The Admit Card for Ph.D. (PET) Test is an issue by the GGSIPU on the official website after the successful completion of the application form. Candidates must keep the details of their login id and the password secure and safe. Candidates can get the same by entering the Login ID & Password through the official website.
Admission to the Ph.D. programme of studies shall be through an Entrance Test (PET) conducted by the University in the relevant disciplines of study. For those students who qualify UGC-NET (including JRF) / UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF) ** / GATE* / DBT-JRF / ICMR-JRF / Teacher fellowship holder or have passed M.Phil. programme, such candidates for admission to Ph.D. programme shall be exempt from the entrance test conducted by the University. However, they shall have to apply for admission to the University. Reservation shall be as per the State Reservation Policy, notified by the University from time to time.
*Candidates with valid and qualified GATE score.
** Candidates with the valid and qualified NET score and with Junior Research Fellowship.
The written entrance test shall be qualifying for admission to Ph. D. programme with 50% as qualifying cut off. The syllabus of the written entrance test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific.
An interview / vice-voce shall be organized where the candidates are required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before a duly constituted Admission Committee.
The admission shall be based on the performance/merit of the candidate in the interview/viva-voce. The interview/viva-voce shall consider the following aspects, viz. whether:
- The candidate possesses the basic knowledge and aptitude for the proposed research work;
- The candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research work;
- The proposed plan of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge in the area of research.
For written entrance test qualified candidates, the merit list (out of 100 marks), for admissions will be prepared as per following criteria:
- 50% weightage will be given to the marks obtained in the written entrance test;
- 25% weightage will be given on the above three criteria.
- 25% weightage will be given to interview/Viva-voce.
For candidates, exempted from the written entrance test, the merit list will be prepared on the basis of points listed above, scaled up to 100 marks.
Note: There shall not be any negative marking in the written examination (PET)
Official Website: www.ipu.ac.in
For detailed information about the GGSIPU Ph.D. Admission 2020- Download Information Brochure, from last year.
If you have any queries, please ask in comments below.