Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University’s campus is located in Gandhinagar (the capital city of Gujarat) and located 23 Km North from Ahmedabad.
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (PDPU) Admission
PDPU offers multiple courses ranging from engineering, arts and management along with maximum exposure and opportunities to its students through various national and International exchange programs with best University worldwide. For the development of its faculties and staff the University endeavors for various Joint Exchange and Research programs.
PDPU SLS Admission 2019- School of Liberal Studies
PDPU SLS 2019- Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University School of Liberal Studies established in 2007 offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes for the eligible candidates to apply for the program every year. School of Liberal Studies was launched by PDPU and it currently offers a Bachelor’s degree in order to equip a student to develop intellectual skills, methodologies and ways of understanding the changing world.
Schedule of PDPU SLS 2019 is given below.
|Last date of applying for Admission||To be Announced|
|Written Test and Personal Interview in PDPU and other listed cities||To be Announced|
|Personal Interview for Ahmedabad / Gandhinagar candidates for PDPU centre||To be Announced|
|Display of Admission list||To be Announced|
|Admission formalities, fees collection & enrollment up to||To be Announced|
PDPU SLS 2019 Application Form
There is a common form for all the programs like BA/BBA (Hons), B. Com (Hons) and B. Sc (Honors). Total seats to be filled are 460. The list of the courses offered and the number of seats is given below. The Candidate will be required to pick their subject. Every eligible candidate has to apply Online through the University website or through the direct link given below.
Courses Offered & Intake
The Information about the seat availability is based upon last year and for reference purpose. Any new information given by the University will be updated here.
The Admission procedure for the SLS courses in PDPU is open now. Following is the list of the courses and the number of seats.
|BA (Hons.) / BBA (Hons.)||280|
The student seeking admissions to:
(1) B.B.A. (Hons.)/B.A. (Hons.) is required to have passed 12th standard examination or
equivalent from any discipline.
(2) B.Com. (Hons.) is required to have passed 12th standard examination or equivalent from
Commerce stream or should have studied accounting and/or commerce related subjects in 12th
(3) B.Sc. (Hons.) should have passed 12th standard examination or equivalent from science stream
or with minimum any 2 of the following subjects – Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and
Candidate must have passed any of the following qualifying examinations; with English as one of the subjects:
- The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Education, including Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
- Intermediate Science or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
- Final Examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level with minimum passes of 2/3 subjects.
- High School Certificate Examination of Cambridge University
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Program with the minimum passes of 6 subjects (3HL and 3SL) with 24 points.
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with minimum five subjects.H.S.C. Vocational Examination.
Selection Procedure for PDPU SLS 2019 Admission
The information about the selection procedure is based upon last year. Any new information given by the University will be updated here.
i) Written Test and Personal Interview – The candidate has to appear for both – the Written Test and Personal Interview.
NOTE: The Essay can be written in English, Hindi or Gujarati in any form poetry, prose etc.There will be NO NEGATIVE MARKING
The personal interview will be worth 25 marks and will evaluate the candidates on the basis of
communication (10 marks),
approach and aptitude (10 marks) and
co-curricular activities and sports (05 marks).
The candidates must bring all original certificates at the time of the Interview. The interview may be conducted next day after the PDPU SLS Admission 2019 entrance test.
PDPU B.Tech Admission 2019
Applications for B.Tech admissions in Petroleum Engineering has been started to fill the seats and students can apply till second week of June, 2019. A candidate who has secured a rank in JEE (Main) 2019 Paper I, and a candidate who has passed the Qualifying Examination with minimum 45% marks for General and 40% for SC / ST with compulsory subjects-Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are eligible to apply for the B.Tech admission in PDPU 2019. Reach the official website at pdpu.ac.in to apply before the last date.
Schedule for PDPU B.Tech Admission 2019 is given below.
|Last date for Online Application||Third week of June, 2019|
|Last date for uploading the marks of 12th Mark sheet by the applicants||Second week of June, 2019|
|Announcement of Provisional Merit List||Second week of June, 2019|
|Admission counselling round 1||Third week of June, 2019|
|Admission counselling round 2||Third week of June, 2019|
|Admission counselling round 3||Last week of June 2019|
|Admission counselling round 1(NRI Seats)||Second week of July, 2019|
|On campus admission counselling round – 4 (If requires)||Second week of July, 2019|
|Last date of cancellation of admission||Second week of July, 2019|
|Commencement of the first semester||Third week of July, 2019|
Application form for PDPU B.Tech Admission 2019 has been released by the university on its official website, direct link to apply online has been provided here below, candidates need to check the eligibility criteria before applying. The applications recieved before the last date to apply will be counted as eligible for the further admission process for B.Tech admission in PDPU.
Application Form: Click here to apply online for B.Tech admissions in PDPU.
Candidate should apply at PDPU and fulfill criteria as mentioned below:
- For All India Seat candidate and/or as NRI Sponsored candidate: A candidate should have secured a rank in Paper – 1 of JEE (Main) 2019 and candidate should have passed the Qualifying Examination with minimum 45% marks(40% in case of SC / ST) in aggregate in theory and practical of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- For admission as NRI Candidate: Candidate must have passed the qualifying examination abroad with minimum 45% marks (40% in case of SC / ST) in aggregate in theory and practical of Physics,
Chemistry, and Mathematics; and also must have passed: SAT Subject Tests (formerly SAT II) of level-II Physics, Mathematics, & Chemistry OR AP tests at A-levels in Physics, Mathematics & Chemistry
OR Equivalent standard examination of United Kingdom (UK) education system in Physics, Mathematics, & Chemistry OR JEE (Main) 2019
- In case, Letter Grade / Performance Index or Graded Point Average is awarded instead of percentage marks in qualifying examination, the equivalence certificate is required from the school authority
- Scheduled Caste (SC):15 %
- Scheduled Tribe (ST): 7.5%
- Physically Handicapped (PH): 3%
The Counselling process of PDPU B.Tech 2019 Admissions is given below.
- The University will prepare the merit list of the eligible candidates who have applied for admission under these rules.
- The candidates will have to check their inter-se merit number on the University website.
- The admission shall be offered through On Campus counselling as per the schedule and no individual communication will be made in this regard.
- The candidates required to appear in person and have to register at least one hour before the prescribed schedule at the registration desk of B. Tech. Admission for campus counselling process. The candidates shall make their own arrangements for reaching the University campus.
- The offer of admission will be made on the basis of merit, the category of the candidate and availability of the seats at the time of counselling.
- Counselling will include verification of the original documents, personal and academic credentials of the candidates viz. identity, age, academic qualifications and reservation category, and thereafter the admission will be offered to the eligible candidates, as the case may be. The candidates are required to produce any other certificate/s as it is deemed necessary.
- The candidate who has been offered admission shall require to pay the fees immediately, as prescribed herein to get his admission at the time of on-campus counselling process.
- A candidate reporting late for On-Campus Counseling Process may be accommodated in any of the remaining admission counselling sessions as per the on-going merit, if possible. However, this shall not be obligatory on the part of the University. The University’s decision shall be final and binding in this regard.
- A candidate who fails to make payment at the time of counselling shall not be considered
for that round of the Admission.
For any query regarding the PDPU B.Tech 2019 Application Form, please comment in the box below.
List of Original Documents required for verification along with one self-attested photocopy of each document:
- Qualifying Examination (10 + 2) Mark Sheet
- JEE Main 2019 Admit Card
- JEE Main 2019 Score Card
- Certificate of caste / PH category in English/Hindi/Gujarati (if applicable)
- Demand Draft of Rs.1,26,500/- in the name of “ PANDIT DEENDAYAL PETROLEUM UNIVERSITY ”, Payable at “AHMEDABAD” (only DD will be accepted.)
- Any other certificate in relevance to establishing the testimony of the candidate. Only one guardian shall be allowed in the admission hall along with the candidate as per the schedule.
For any query regarding PDPU SLS Admission 2019, do comment in the box below.
PDPU MBA Admission 2019
The flagship two-year full-time residential programme leading to Masters in Business Administration (MBA) is organized on the basis of three terms in a year. The programme is focused on energy sector with emphasis on Oil &Gas sector. Accordingly, the entire curriculum is designed to meet the requirement of the particular sector.
PDPU M.Tech Admission 2019
PDPU offers M.Tech courses in Petroleum Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, Energy Systems & Technology (Focused on Solar Energy), Electrical Engg. (Power Systems), Mechanical Engg. (Thermal), Civil Engg. (Infrastructure Engg. & Management), Chemical Engg., Environmental Engg. & Studies.
Schedule of PDPU M.Tech Admission 2019 is given below.
|Online application process begins||Last week of April, 2019|
|Last Date for Online application||Third week of June. 2019|
|Phase I Admission Process (Only for candidates having Qualified and valid GATE score)|
|Announcement of Merit list||Third week of June, 2019|
|Admission Counseling Process at PDPU Campus & payment of fees
(through bank DD)
|Last week of June, 2019|
|Phase II Admission Process (for GATE/Non-GATE candidates)|
|Eligible candidates list on website||Last week of June, 2019|
|Personal Interview||First week of July, 2019|
|Merit List announcement||First week of July, 2019|
|Admission Counseling Process at PDPU Campus & payment of
fees (through bank DD)
|Second week of July, 2019|
|Last date of Admission||Third week of July, 2019|
|Commencement of the 1st Sem.||Last week of July, 2019|
Eligibility criteria for M.Tech courses is given as under. Candidates can check their eligibility as under:
- M. Tech. (Petroleum Engineering): B.E. /B. Tech. in Petroleum Engineering/Hydrocarbon Refinery Engineering/Petrochemical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Chemical Engineering. Any one of these qualifications is required to be with minimum 60% or CPI/CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale. PANDIT DEENDAYAL PETROLEUM UNIVERSITY M. Tech.
- Nuclear Science and Technology: B.E. /B. Tech. or equivalent in any discipline including Agriculture engineering, Food technology, Environmental engineering, Nano Technology, Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics/ Instrumentation & Control/Chemical / Civil / Metallurgical / Production/Industrial Engineering/ Automobile or equivalent or M.Sc. in any discipline including Agriculture science, Chemistry, Food Technology, Electronics/Physics/Nuclear Physics or equivalent with minimum 60% or CPI/CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale.
- Energy Systems (Focused on Solar Energy): B.E. /B. Tech. or equivalent in Electronics/ Electrical/ Instrumentation & Control/Mech./ Semiconductor Technology/ Energy Science & Engg. OR M. Sc. or equivalent degree in Physics/Applied Physics/ Electronics/ Optoelectronics; with minimum 60% or CPI/CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale.
- Electrical Engg. (Power Systems): B.E. /B. Tech. in Electrical Engineering/Electrical and Electronics (Power System)/Electrical and Electronics Engineering/Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering/Electrical and Power Engineering/ Electrical Engineering (Electronics and Power)/Electrical, Electronics and Power, with minimum 60% or CPI/CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale.
- Mechanical Engg. (Thermal): B.E./B.Tech. or equivalent in Mechanical / Energy Science & Engg. with minimum 60% or CPI/CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale.
- Mechanical Engg. (Design): B.E./B.Tech. or equivalent in Mechanical Engg. with minimum 60% or CPI/CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale.
- Civil Engg. (Infrastructure Engg. & Management): B.E./B.Tech. or equivalent in Civil Engg. /Environmental Engg. / Construction Technology /Planning/ Architecture & Planning or B. Arch with minimum 60% or CPI/CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale.
- M. Tech. (Chemical Engg.): B.E./ B.Tech. or equivalent in Chemical Engineering / Chemical Technology / Biochemical Engineering / Petrochemical and Petroleum Refinery Engineering/ Petrochemical Engineering / Petrochemical Technology / Petroleum Engineering / Petroleum Technology with minimum 60% or CPI/CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale. PANDIT DEENDAYAL PETROLEUM UNIVERSITY M. Tech.
- M.Tech. (Environmental Engg.): B.E. /B. Tech. or equivalent in Civil Engg./Chem. Engg./Environmental Engg. or M. Sc. in Environmental science with minimum 60% or CPI/CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale.
M.Tech Admission Process
Phase – I (For the only candidates having qualified and valid GATE score) Admission will be offered to the candidates on merit based on the GATE score. The seats remaining vacant upon completing admissions of this Phase will be transferred to the seats for Phase II admissions. The candidates who are not offered the admission during this Phase their application will be considered automatically for the Phase II admission process and they will have to appear at the selection procedure of the Phase II Admission Process mentioned herein. It is mandatory for all GATE qualified candidates to upload the GATE Score Card as a part of Online application process. The criteria for deciding merit order in case of candidates having equal merit marks shall be based on following sequence namely:
- All India rank for GATE
- Marks out of 100 GATE score card.
- Aggregate marks/CPI of B.Tech. DegreePhase-II (for GATE/Non-GATE candidates)
The Phase-II admission process is meant for Non GATE candidates and also for the candidates having the valid and qualified GATE score but not offered the admission during Phase-I; as mentioned hereunder: A single merit list will be prepared for valid and qualified GATE & non GATE candidates on following basis:
- 30% weightage of the marks/grade points mentioned in final semester result sheet of the candidate. In case of CPI/CGPA in place of absolute marks, the CPI/CGPA will be converted into percentage in following manner: Equivalent percentage = (CPI-0.5) x100
- 70% weightage of performance score obtained in Personal Interview by the candidate.
- 50% weightage of GATE score (applicable to GATE qualified candidates).
M.Tech Merit List
Provisional Merit list for M.Tech. Admissions 2019 Phase I will be announced by Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University’s campus. Phase I Admission Process will only be for candidates having Qualified and valid GATE score. Merit list will be uploaded on the official websiteas well as direct link to merit list will be provided below as soon as it releases.
PDPU Ph.D Admission 2019 (Full Time & Part Time)
PDPU Offers PhD in various fields of Engineering. Science and Technology, Management and Liberal Studies. Regarding specialization details refer website of University and constituent schools.
There will be a Research Aptitude Test (RAT) common for all the eligible candidates, followed by a Discipline wise proficiency-evaluation which may be in the form of oral &/or written test/s as to be determined by the concerned School for the research area in its purview.
While appearing at the selection procedure, the candidate is required to produce a set of all the relevant original testimonials in support of the application. The candidate shall have to ensure all fulfillments to the eligibility requirements while applying for admission.
A student seeking an admission to Ph.D. Programme of the University is required to have minimum educational qualification as mentioned hereunder. Each of the Master Degrees referred therein is to be on the basis of two year full time programme.
For research in an area of Engg./Technology – M.Tech./M.E. or its equivalent as recognized by AIU in appropriate area.
For research in an interdisciplinary areas like Petroleum Engg., Solar Engg., Nuclear Engg.and Environmental study – M.Tech./M.E./M.Sc./M.Sc.(Tech.) or its equivalent as recognized by AIU in appropriate area.
For research in an area of Sciences – M.Sc. degree or its equivalent as recognized by AIU in appropriate area.
For research in an area of Management – M.B.A./M.Tech./M.E./A.C.A./A.I.C.W.A./A.C.S. level or its equivalent as recognized by AIU in appropriate area.
For research in an area related to Liberal Studies – M. A. degree or its equivalent as recognised by AIU inappropriate area
For more details of PDPU SLS Admission 2019 –
For More details regarding PDPU B.Tech admission 2019
Insofar, only the application forms for the SLS UG courses are available. Information on this page is based on last year information brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as PDPU will release the information it will be updated here.