DAIICT Admission 2017 for winter session – Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology (DAIICT) was established in 2001, and is run by Dhirubhai Ambani Foundation. The motto of the university is ‘Knowledge is Leadership’ and standing by it, the university is offering numerous UG and PG courses.
The candidates interested in studying at the university are required to fill DAIICT application form. The forms are available online. Candidates may access it from the link below. Also, check important dates of DAIICT Admission 2017, course and fee details, application process, selection procedure and more details from this page.
DAIICT Admission 2017 – Winter Session
Candidates seeking admission in various courses have to fill their application form online through the official website of DAIICT. Candidates are requested to read the complete information before filling the application form. Candidates will be selected for the courses as per their selection criteria mention here.
Important Dates for DAIICT Admission 2017 for Winter Session is given below.
|Availability of application form||—||—||—||—||26 Sep 2017|
|Deadline to apply||—||—||—||—||10 Nov 2017|
|Entrance Test & Interview||—||—||—||—||20 Nov 2017|
|Announcement of Merit List||—||—||—||—||to be announced|
For Ph.D Course
DA-IICT admits doctoral students under four categories:
Category A: Candidates willing to pursue research in ICT, and related domains must possess The Following Qualification:
- M.Tech./M.E./MCA/MSc/MPhil/B.Tech/B.E or equivalent degree in ICT/CS/EC/IT/EE/Mathematics/Statistics/Physics/Bioinformatics/Electronics or other appropriate disciplines.
The candidates should have obtained at least 60% marks or its equivalent in the qualifying degree as per the norms set by the degree awarding Institute/University.
Category B: Candidates seeking admission to PhD Program in Computational Science, Mathematics and Natural Sciences must possess one of the following qualification:
- M.Sc./M.Tech./MPhil/B.Tech./B.E or equivalent degree in Engineering Physics/ Computational Science/Scientific Computing/Physics/ Mathematics/ or other appropriate disciplines.
The candidates should have obtained at least 60% marks or equivalent as per the norm set by the degree awarding Institute/University. M Phil Degree holders will be preferred.
Category C: Candidates seeking admission to PhD Program in Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences must possess one of the following post graduate qualifications:
- M.A./M.Com/MBA/ M.Phil or an equivalent Degree in the desired discipline.
The Candidates should have obtained at least 55% marks or equivalent as per the norms set by the Degree awarding Institute/University. M Phil Degree holders will be preferred. The candidate must furnish a clear academic statement of purpose (SOP) conveying his/her intellectual background, research interests, achievements, and competences.
Note: Candidates with M.Sc./M.C.A., unless they have a subsequent M. Phil. degree will be considered equivalent to candidate with a B.Tech./B.E. degree and are required to fulfill additional course and research requirements.
The decision of the Competent Authorities of DA-IICT regarding eligibility of any candidate shall be final.
Category D (Sponsored Candidates):
Candidate interested in pursuing Ph.D. in ICT and related areas must satisfy the following criteria:
- Educational qualifications as mentioned in category A or B above with three years of relevant experience.
- The candidates should be sponsored by an R&D organization with whom DA-IICT has established over five years of cooperative research programme or has signed an MOU.
- The Candidate who intends to apply in this category should forward his/her application through proper channel, that is, a forwarding certificate/letter by the head of the department/institute.
DA-IICT reserves right to relax eligibility criteria for the sponsored category for deserving candidates based on candidates research profile and experience.
The decision of the concerned authorities of DA-IICT regarding eligibility of any candidate shall be final.
DAIICT Selection Process 2017
For Ph.D Course
- The admission to the program is through a two stage process for the candidates who fall under the eligibility Category A and B. This involves (a) shortlisting (mostly through DA-IICT’s PhD entrance test OR GATE/CSIR-NET/JEST score OR CPI in M.Tech (ICT) for DA-IICT graduates and (b) a personal interview. The candidates appearing for the personal interview will be evaluated by a panel of expert faculty on foundational as well as specialized topics based on their background and research interests. Hence, the candidates are required to submit the following as a part of their application:
- A one page statement of purpose
- Name(s) of faculty members at DA-IICT under whose supervision they would want to pursue research, in the application form
The following guidelines apply for the shortlisting process:
- The candidates should appear for DAIICT’s PhD Entrance Test to be conducted on a date to be announced later at DA-IICT Gandhinagar. PhD entrance test syllabus can be found here. A sample PhD entrance question paper can be viewed here The candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on either their performance in the DA-IICT PhD Entrance test OR based on a valid GATE/UGC/CSIR-NET/JEST score OR based on their CPI that is greater than or equal to 8.00 in their M.Tech (ICT) program at DA-IICT.
- Candidates not shortlisted based on their GATE/UGC/CSIR-NET/JEST scores will be required to appear for the DA-IICT’s Entrance test. This will be notified through the call letter sent to the candidates.
The candidates who fall under the eligibility Category C are exempted from the entrance test. They will be shortlisted for the interview solely on the basis of their statement of purpose (SOP) and other relevant academic credentials.
DAIICT 2017 Admit Card
DAIICT Admit card has been issued only for those courses, for which the institute will conduct an entrance examination. If the admission is being granted on the basis of other entrance examination, then the candidates will have to produce the admit card of that respective examination, during the counselling and verification round.
The process to download DAIICT Admit Card 2017 is as below:
- Visit the official link for DAIICT, it is www.daiict.ac.in
- Seek link for download admit card of DAIICT.
- Enter the Registration Number as generated at the time of registration.
- Provide the Date of Birth in the space provided.
- Click ‘Submit’ button and the Admit card will be displayed.
- Verify the details and save the Admit card.
- Take a Print out of the same and carry it to appear in Entrance Test.
For more details – Click Here
If you have any queries, please ask in the comments below.