DAIICT Admission 2018 – Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology (DAIICT) was established in 2001, and is run by Dhirubhai Ambani Foundation. The motto of the university is ‘Knowledge is Leadership’ and standing by it, the university is offering numerous UG and PG courses.
The candidates interested in studying at the university are required to fill DAIICT application form. The application process is on. Also, check important dates of DAIICT Admission 2018, course and details, application process, selection procedure and more details from this page.
DAIICT Admission 2018
cc Candidates are requested to read the complete information before filling the application form. Candidates will be selected for the courses as per their selection criteria mention here.
Important Dates for DAIICT Admission 2018 are given below.
|Availability of application form||15 Apr 2018||18 Feb 2018||18 Feb 2018||18 Feb 2018||18 Feb 2018|
|Deadline to apply||01 Jul 2018|
|Entrance Test & Interview||—||24 May & 4-5 Jun 2018||10 Jun 2018|
|Announcement of Merit List||6 Jul 2018||8 Jun 2018||15 Jun 2018||28 Jun 2018||06 Jul 2018|
|Commencement of Classes||30 Jul 2018|
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology (DAIICT) has released the merit rank, result of various courses for DAIICT Admission 2018. Candidates may have to enter the Application number and date of birth to check the same. The links to view the same are given below.
- Click Here to check the list of candidates shortlisted for admission to Ph.D program.
- Click here to check the result of M.Des (CD)
- Click Here to check the Merit rank for M.tech Programmes.
- Click here to check the list of candidates selected for Interview for Ph.D program.
Candidates seeking admission in B.Tech course can now check the official website of DAIICT or the direct link provided on this page for B Tech Counselling (All India Category Students). Also, check for Gujarat Category Students Admitted by ACPC.
- Click Here to check for UG 2018 Counselling.
- Click Here to check for B Tech Counselling ( All India Category Students).
- Click Here to check for Gujarat Category Students Admitted by ACPC.
DAIICT 2018 Admit Card
DAIICT Admit Card for M.Sc (IT) program has been released. DAIICT Admit card has been issued only for those courses, for which the institute will conduct an entrance examination. If the admission is being granted on the basis of other entrance examination, then the candidates will have to produce the admit card of that respective examination, during the counselling and verification round.
- Click here to download the DAIICT Admit Card for M.Sc (IT) program.
- Click Here to check the instructions regarding Computer Based Entrance Test M.Sc. IT Program 2018.
M.Tech. Admission Status: Click Here to check the M.Tech Admission Status.
The process to download DAIICT Admit Card 2018 is as below:
- Visit the official link for DAIICT, it is www.daiict.ac.in
- Seek link for download admit card of DAIICT.
- Enter the Registration Number as generated at the time of registration.
- Provide the Date of Birth in the space provided.
- Click ‘Submit’ button and the Admit card will be displayed.
- Verify the details and save the Admit card.
- Take a Print out of the same and carry it to appear in Entrance Test.
DAIICT Application Form 2018
Candidates can submit their application online. Application fees is Rs 1200/- (One thousand two hundred only). Application fee is non – refundable. Candidate can submit the fee by any of these method Debit card, Credit card , Paytm Wallet , Internet banking.
Candidates have to provide the details of their qualifying degree. Candidates have to specifically mention the degree and the discipline so that their eligibility can be ascertained. If their final examination results are not declared,they have to provide the expected date of result and latest results.
Candidate should ensure that their phone number and email id is correct, all communication will made through the email/SMS/Website updates.
For B.tech Course
The minimum academic qualification for admission to the programs is that the candidate must have passed in final examination of 10+2 (Class XII) or its equivalent referred to as the qualifying examination (mentioned below). The candidate must have passed in final examination of 10+2 (Class XII) or its equivalent with Mathematics, Physics, and any one of Chemistry/Biotechnology/Computer Science/Biology.
Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in 2018 are also eligible to apply for consideration of provisional admission. All candidates who are offered provisional admission will be required to produce the proof of having passed the qualifying examination (10+2 examination or equivalent) to the Institute latest by 30 October 2018, failing which the provisional admission will stand, canceled.
A list of qualifying examinations is given below:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi; etc.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
- The final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School/Board/University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- H.S.C. vocational examination.
- A Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education of at least 3-year duration.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/ Cambridge / Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
For Ph.D. Course
DA-IICT admits doctoral students under four categories:
Category A: Candidates willing to pursue research in ICT, and related domains must possess The Following Qualification:
- M.Tech./M.E./MCA/MSc/MPhil/B.Tech/B.E or equivalent degree in ICT/CS/EC/IT/EE/Mathematics/Statistics/Physics/Bioinformatics/Electronics or other appropriate disciplines.
The candidates should have obtained at least 60% marks or its equivalent in the qualifying degree as per the norms set by the degree awarding Institute/University.
Category B: Candidates seeking admission to PhD Program in Computational Science, Mathematics and Natural Sciences must possess one of the following qualifications:
- M.Sc./M.Tech./MPhil/B.Tech./B.E or equivalent degree in Engineering Physics/ Computational Science/Scientific Computing/Physics/ Mathematics/ or other appropriate disciplines.
The candidates should have obtained at least 60% marks or equivalent as per the norm set by the degree awarding Institute/University. M Phil Degree holders will be preferred.
Category C: Candidates seeking admission to PhD Program in Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences must possess one of the following post graduate qualifications:
- M.A./M.Com/MBA/ M.Phil or an equivalent Degree in the desired discipline.
The Candidates should have obtained at least 55% marks or equivalent as per the norms set by the Degree awarding Institute/University. M Phil Degree holders will be preferred. The candidate must furnish a clear academic statement of purpose (SOP) conveying his/her intellectual background, research interests, achievements, and competences.
Note: Candidates with M.Sc./M.C.A., unless they have a subsequent M. Phil. degree will be considered equivalent to candidate with a B.Tech./B.E. degree and are required to fulfill additional course and research requirements.
The decision of the Competent Authorities of DA-IICT regarding eligibility of any candidate shall be final.
Category D (Sponsored Candidates):
Candidate interested in pursuing Ph.D. in ICT and related areas must satisfy the following criteria:
- Educational qualifications as mentioned in category A or B above with three years of relevant experience.
- The candidates should be sponsored by an R&D organization with whom DA-IICT has established over five years of cooperative research programme or has signed an MOU.
- The Candidate who intends to apply in this category should forward his/her application through proper channel, that is, a forwarding certificate/letter by the head of the department/institute.
DA-IICT reserves right to relax eligibility criteria for the sponsored category for deserving candidates based on candidates research profile and experience.
The decision of the concerned authorities of DA-IICT regarding eligibility of any candidate shall be final.
For M.Des. Course
Candidate willing to pursue M.Des.(CD) from DAIICT must posses any of these qualifications.
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent from a well know university in fields of Design, Science , Engineering, Technology, Humanities, Social Science, Fine arts , Applied arts and Performing Arts. Candidates who completed their Diplomas from nationality reputed institutes such as NID, NIFT, CEPT and Shristhi School of Arts are eligible.
- Candidates must have 55% marks or equivalent in their last qualifying degree/examinations. Candidates need to submit their provisional Degree certificate or proof of completion of degree before October 30, 2018 falling which there admission liable to cancellation.
For M.Sc. Course
Candidates interested to take admission under M.Sc.(IT) must fulfill all the requirements given below.
- A Bachelor’s Degree holder from any recognized University in any stream with an aggregate of 60% marks or equivalent , as per the norms set by the degree granting university/institute are eligible to apply.
- Candidates appearing in their final Degree Examination and are expected to complete their examination before July 2018, are also eligible to apply. However their final admission are subject to condition that they must obtain 60% marks or equivalent, as per the norms set by the Degree granting university/institute.
- All admitted candidate require to submit their Degree certificate or proof of completion of degree before October 30, 2018 .
For M.Tech.(ICT) Course
Candidates willing to take admission under M.Tech.(ICT) must fulfill all the requirements given below.
- A candidate with a qualifying Degree in any of these B.E., B.Tech degree or associated disciplines in CS/EE/IN/EC, M.Sc. degree in Computer Science / Electronics / Mathematics / Physics / Statistics, M.S./M.Sc. The degree of DA-IICT, M.C.A. Degree (3-year program)
- Candidates appearing in their final Degree Examination and are expected to complete their examination before July 2018, are also eligible to apply. However, their final admission is subject to the condition that they must obtain 60% marks or equivalent, as per the norms set by the Degree granting university/institute.
- All admitted candidate require submitting their Degree certificate or proof of completion of degree before October 30, 2018.
- Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 01 October 1993 are eligible.
DAIICT Selection Process 2018
For B.tech Course
- Admission to the B. Tech. programs will be based on the All India Rank of Joint Entrance Examination 2018 (JEE-2018) Main, which is conducted by CBSE. Therefore, candidates who are appearing for JEE 2018 Main can only apply for these programs.
- The short-listed candidates will be offered admission (confirmed/waitlisted) in order of their merit (based on the All India Ranking of JEE 2018).
For Ph.D Course
- The admission to the program is through a two stage process for the candidates who fall under the eligibility Category A and B. This involves (a) shortlisting (mostly through DA-IICT’s PhD entrance test OR GATE/CSIR-NET/JEST score OR CPI in M.Tech (ICT) for DA-IICT graduates and (b) a personal interview. The candidates appearing for the personal interview will be evaluated by a panel of expert faculty on foundational as well as specialized topics based on their background and research interests. Hence, the candidates are required to submit the following as a part of their application:
- A one page statement of purpose
- Name(s) of faculty members at DA-IICT under whose supervision they would want to pursue research, in the application form
The following guidelines apply for the shortlisting process:
- The candidates should appear for DAIICT’s PhD Entrance Test to be conducted on a date to be announced later at DA-IICT Gandhinagar. PhD entrance test syllabus can be found here. A sample PhD entrance question paper can be viewed here The candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on either their performance in the DA-IICT PhD Entrance test OR based on a valid GATE/UGC/CSIR-NET/JEST score OR based on their CPI that is greater than or equal to 8.00 in their M.Tech (ICT) program at DA-IICT.
- Candidates not shortlisted based on their GATE/UGC/CSIR-NET/JEST scores will be required to appear for the DA-IICT’s Entrance test. This will be notified through the call letter sent to the candidates.
The candidates who fall under the eligibility Category C are exempted from the entrance test. They will be shortlisted for the interview solely on the basis of their statement of purpose (SOP) and other relevant academic credentials.
For M.Des. Course
Candidate applying for this program without a valid CEED Score will be selected for the interview through the Design Aptitude Test (DAT) to be conducted at DAIICT. Candidate with a valid CEED Score will be selected if he/she has qualified part A and obtained a minimum 25 marks in part B. Further for such candidate their CEED Score will be used as DAT Score.
The final selection will be based on the combined score obtained in DAT, Statement of Purpose and the Interview. The DAT will contain 50% , SOP 20%, interview 30% of the overall marks assigned to te admission test.
For M.Sc. Course
The candidates are selected through the entrance test to be conducted on selected centers all over India.The final merit list will be prepared according to the marks obtained by candidates in the test.
For M.Tech. Course
The candidate has to satisfy the eligibility criteria in order for his/her application to be consider for admission.The valid GATE score should be in CS / EC / EE / IN / MA / PH only.
Selection of candidates who acquires more than 425 score in GATE would depend solely on their GATE score. Selection of candidates with GATE score less than 425 would be shortlisting on the basis of GATE score and final selection on the basis of interview. The short-listed candidates will be called for interview at DA-IICT Campus at Gandhinagar.
The candidates selected based on the above criteria will be offered seats. The candidate who have accepted admission offers are notified to appear the registration for document verification and choice filling, payment of fees and admission confirmation , the orientation program.
For more details – Click Here
If you have any queries, please ask in the comments below.