NRTI Admission 2020 – Last date to submission of application has been extended up to August 09, 2020. The National Rail and Transportation Institute (NRTI) conducts an entrance exam for admission in UG & PG Programmes. It is a university level test which shall be held on August 23, 2020. Aspirants who have to fulfil the eligibility criteria to appear for NRTI entrance exam 2020. Online registration for the entrance exam can be done online at nrti.edu.in. The admissions in the undergraduate programmes at NRTI is done on the basis of a candidate’s merit in the entrance exam. Check more details on NRTI Admission 2020 from this page.
Latest: NRTI has further extended the online registration form up to August 09, 2020. Click here to Apply.
NRTI Admission 2020
There shall be a total of 185 number of seats for UG Programmes and a total of 100 seat intake for the PG Programmes respectively. Candidates can check the complete schedule for NRTI Admission 2020 from the table below.
|NRTI Admission 2020||Important Dates|
|NRTI entrance exam 2020 Registration starts from||Started|
|Last date to submit NRTI application form 2020|
For BBA, BSc, MSc and MBA Programmes
B. Tech Programmes
|Edit Application Form||10 – 11 Aug 2020|
|Issuance of NRTI entrance exam admit card 2020||to be announced|
|NRTI UG & PG Entrance Exam|
|Declaration of NRTI entrance exam result||To be notified|
NRTI Admission 2020 Revised Schedule
NRTI Admission 2020 Courses Offered
The Institute offers admission into the following UG & PG Programmes:
For UG Programmes:
- BBA in Transportation Management
- BSc in Transportation Technology
- B.Tech in Rail Infrastructure Engineering
- B.Tech in Rail Systems & CommunicationEngineering
For PG Programmes:
- MBA in Transportation Management
- MBA in Supply Chain Management
- M.Sc in Transport Technology and Policy
- M.Sc in Transport Economics
- M.Sc in Transport Information Systems & Analytics
- M.Sc in Railway Systems Engineering & Integration
(International degree programme with the University of Birmingham, UK)
NRTI Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
In order to apply for NRTI entrance exam, it is important that the candidates must ensure that they fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
Age Limit: Students must be below the age of 25 years as on August 1, 2020.
Academic Qualification: Should have passed 10+2 with at least 55% marks (50% for OBC/SC/ST)
|BBA in Transportation Management||10+2 with maths (All Streams)|
|B.Sc in Transportation Technology||10+2 with maths (Science Stream)|
|B.Tech||10+2 with maths, physics &|
chemistry (Science Stream)
Candidates must have valid JEE
Mains 2020 score
For PG Programmes: Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with maths or statistics as one of the subjects, with aggregate marks or CGPA/CPI of at least 55% (50% for OBC/SC/ST)
NRTI Admission 2020 Exam Pattern
In order to prepare for the NRTI entrance exam, it is important that the candidate must be well-aware of the exam pattern.
- Mode of the exam: It is a computer-based test
- Duration of the exam: The entrance test is of 90 minutes duration.
- Type of questions: There are Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Number of questions: The test consist of 100 MCQ type questions
- Lanuage of the test: The questions are asked in English language only.
- Marking scheme: For a correct answer, candidates will get 01 marks and 0.33 marks are deducted for an incorrect answer.
Candidates can check the distribution of question from the table below:
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions|
|Proficiency in English Language||25|
|Reasoning & General Intelligence||30|
|Quantitative & Numerical Ability||25|
NRTI Entrance Exam 2020 Syllabus
The Institute releases the syllabus for the NRTI UG entrance exam so that the students can prepare for the test accordingly. Check the complete syllabus fro NRTI entrance exam from below.
Syllabus for Proficiency in English Language
- Error recognition – Recognising grammatical structure and usage.
- Sequencing of Ideas – A set of sentences are to be rearranged to form a meaningful paragraph
- Applied Grammar – Using prepositions, determiners, connectives, tenses appropriately.
- Contextual Usage – Using appropriate words in the given context like cloze test
- Reading Comprehension (one passage of 500 words) – Locating Information, grasping ideas, identifying relationships, interpreting ideas, moods, characteristics of characters, tone of passage, inferring, getting the central theme, evaluating
Syllabus for Reasoning & General Intelligence
- Numerical reasoning – Inequalities, Alpha-Numeric series
- Verbal reasoning – Coding-decoding, Blood relation, Direction & Distances
- Critical Thinking – Decision Making (Syllogisms)
- Data analysis – Puzzle & arrangement
Syllabus for Quantitative & Numerical ability
- Number System – Simplification (BODMAS, Fractions, Surds and Decimals), Number Series
- Arithmetic – Percentages, Profit & Loss, Discount, Simple & Compound Interest, Averages Ratio & Proportions, Time, Work & Distance, Mixture & allegation, Age, Mensuration- 2D & 3D Figures- Areas & Volumes
- Algebra – Basic Algebraic Identities, Equations – Linear & Quadratic sequence
- Data Interpretation – Be able to use the information given in graphs and charts (Line graph, Bar Graph, Pie chart, Table) to answer questions
Syllabus for General Awareness
- Geography – Mountain, River, Soil, Population, Natural resources, etc.
- Politics – Indian Constitution, Basic laws
- General Science – Everyday Science
- Sports – Sports in India & World
- Culture & Arts – Indian Culture, Dance, Art, Music, etc.
- Current affairs – Important current activities like award, Books, Politics, etc
NRTI 2020 Mock Test
A mock test link facility is provided by the Institute for the candidates to prepare for the test. Since, the entrance exam is computer-based, it will help the candidates to help them understand on how to navigate between the sections and to marks answers in the test. The quetions in the nRTI Mock Test shall not be as per the difficulty level of the actual exam. Candidates should use the mock test link facility ot get an idea of the exam environment.
NRTI Admission Application Form 2020
The application form for NRTI has released by online mode only. To apply for NRTI entrance exam, aspirants have to register first and then provide their personal details, academic qualification details, etc in the NRTI Application Form 2020. Aspirants shall have to upload the scanned image of their passport size photo as per the specification. At the time of registration, candidates must provide their own valid email id and mobile number as they will receive their login id and password at theri registered mail id and mobile phone.
Application Fee – Candidates shall have to pay the following amount of application fee to submit NRTI 2020 Application Form.
|General/ OBC/ EWS||Rs. 500|
|SC/ST/ PwD||Rs. 250|
Mode of Payment: Candidates need to pay the above-given amount of the application fee by debit card/ credit card/ netbanking.
NRTI Admit Card 2020
The NRTI entrance exam admit card is released by online mode at the Institute’s website. To download the NRTI Admit Card 2020, candidates have to log in by entering their user id and password. The admit card for NRTI entrance exam consist of personal details of the candidate as well as exam detaiils like date of the test, reporting timings, address of the test center. Students are allowed to carry only the hard copy of the NRTI Admit Card inside the exam hall.
NRTI Result 2020
The Institute releases the result for NRTI entrance exam online at its official website. The result is releases in the form of merit list which contain the details of the candidates whi have qualified the test. The Institute also releases a waiting list for both the programmes. Qualifiers in the entrance exam are then eligible to participate in the NRTI counselling 2020. Candidates attending the counselling process need to carry all the relevant documents in proof of their date of birth, academic qualification, etc.
NRTI Admission 2020 Fee Structure
Candidates can check the complete fee structure for NRTI Admission 2020 on the basis of previous year’s information from the table below:
|Sr. No||Fee Components||Fee Structure (INR)|
|2||Caution Deposit (Refundable)||5,000|
|3||Admission Fee (One-Time)||1,500|
|4||Student Identity Card Charge (One-Time)||500|
|5||Campus Facilities Charge||4,500|
|Total Annual Fee (inclusive of GST where applicable)||1,61,500|
NRTI Financial Aid 2020
The Institute also provides financial aid to the candidates up to 10% of students admitted for each of the following family income slabs:
Slab 1. Gross family annual income < INR 1,00,000
- 100% Tuition Waiver
- 50% Hostel Fee Waiver
Slab 2. Gross family annual income between INR 1,00,000 and < INR 3,00,000
- 50% Tuition Waiver
- 25% Hostel Fee Waiver
Note: Financial aid is provided to the candidates on the basis of their rank obtained in the NRTI aptitude test. Furthermore, 20% of the seats available for financial aid, under each Slab, are reserved for female candidates.
Official website: nrti.edu.in
For more information NRTI Admission 2020, candidates can – Download Admission Notice.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.