BHU FMS 2016 – Faculty of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University invites applications for admission to the following two-year, four-semester Post-Graduate Management courses in Business Administration for the Academic Session 2016-17. Candidates can check BHU FMS MBA / MBA IB 2016 eligibility, application form, admission procedure, fee structure and counselling on this page below.
Schedule for Group Discussion & Personal Interview has been announced. (Check below on this page)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) – 46 seats
- Master of Business Administration in International Business (MBA – IB) – 46 seats
Schedule for BHU FMS MBA / MBA IB Admission 2015 is given below.
|For CAT 2015|
|Registration for CAT 2015 start||06-08-2015|
|Last date of Registration for CAT||25-09-2015|
|CAT Test Dates||29-11-2015|
|For FMS BHU|
|Availablity of Application form||18-09-2015|
|Last date for receipt of filled application form||10-12-2015|
Group Discussion and Interview
Candidates short-listed on the basis of CAT 2015 score will be called for Group Discussion and Interview which will be conducted in the Faculty as per schedule given below. As part of the admission process of MBA and MBA IB programs for session 2016-17, candidates, shortlisted on the basis of CAT 2015 Total Percentile Score, are required to appear for Group Discussion and Interview on the scheduled date and time (11 to 13 Mar 2016) at Institute of Management Studies (Faculty of Management Stuies), Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
Candidates are required bring the following documents while coming to appear in Group Discussion and Interview,failing which he/she will not be allowed to appear in Group Discussion and Interview:
- Copy of GD & PI Call letter / email communication
- CAT 2015 Score Card indicating total percentile score
- Duly filled in Academic Data Sheet with self attested copies of marksheets of X, XII and qualifying examination (up to the latest available results for appearing candidates) (click here to download).
- A crossed Bank Draft / Pay Order / Bankers Cheque of Rs. 2000/- drawn in favour of the Registrar, Banaras Hindu University payable at Varanasi. Please note that no cash will be accepted.
- Application process is over…!!!
BHU FMS MBA Admission 2015 application forms have to submitted separately. Application forms are available from September 18, 2015. Last date of receipt of completed forms at FMS BHU is December 12, 2015. Candidates can download the application form and submit at the earliest. Candidates can download FMS BHU application form from above.
Who can apply:
- Candidates should have a bachelor degree under 10+2+3 pattern. OR;
- A degree in agriculture, technlogy, medicine, education or law. OR;
- A post graduate degree in any discipline.
- For SC / ST candidates, 45% marks is required.
- Candidates should also fulfill the minimum eligibility requirements for appearing in CAT 2015.
Intake and Reservation
The total intake in the MBA & MBA-IB Programs shall be 46 each and there shall be reservation for the following categories as per University / Government of India Rules:
|NC-OBC Candidates||27% of the intake|
|SC Candidates||15 % of the intake|
|ST Candidates||7.5% of the intake|
|Differentially Abled (Person with Disability) Candidates||3% of the intake (on horizontal reservation basis)|
Admission to the MBA and MBA IB Programs of the Faculty will be made on the basis of combined merit of the candidates in CAT conducted by IIM (50%), Academic Records (20%) and Group Discussion & Personal Interview (30%).
Instructions for filling of academic records in the Application Form:
- Candidates are required to enter aggregate obtained marks and maximum marks mentioned in the final semester marksheet (cumulative of all semesters) on the space provided below (for X, XII & qualifying examination).
- In case, the maximum marks and aggregate obtained marks is not mentioned in the marksheet, marks obtained by the candidate in all subjects appeared will be considered (as mentioned in the marksheet).
- In case of marks being given in CGPA, or letter grade, the conversion formula be given on the space provided. And if possible, scanned copy of the document having conversion formula must be uploaded.
Note: In case the candidate is appearing in the qualifying examination, the percentage score of two years / three years as the case may be, (ignoring/excluding the final year score) shall be taken for calculating the candidate’s academic records in the qualifying examination.
Admission Test – CAT 2015 of Indian Institute of Management
Candidates interested in taking admission to MBA / MBA IB Course at Faculty of Management Studies, BHU are required to appear in Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by Indian Institute of Management for the corresponding year. 50% weightage will be given to the CAT Score while calculating the merit for admission to the above Programs.
Advertisement of CAT 2015 has appeared in leading newspapers on July 26, 2015. CAT 2015 Vouchers are available from August 6, 2015 to September 20, 2015. For details of CAT 2015 are available in the Web Site (https://iimcat.ac.in/). Candidates are also required to register at FMS, BHU through separate application form (Admission Application Form of FMS BHU), within the date specified for the purpose.
The FMS, BHU shall use CAT Score for short-listing candidates for admissions to its Management Programs. IIMs have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the program.
The below mention fee is to be paid in cash to the Fee Counter.
|First Year||INR 30765/- p.a||Rs. 28642/- (I/III Sem.)
Rs. 2125/- (II/IV Sem.)
|Second Year||INR 30765/- p.a|
|Hostel Fee||INR 6700/- (Approx. p.a)||Excluding mess charges|
Candidates will be called for counselling for provisional admission in order of their combined merit in CAT 2015, Academic Record and Group Discussion & Interview.
Mere appearance in the CAT, Group Discussion and Interview shall not entitle a candidate to be considered for admission to the course unless he/she fulfils the eligibility conditions. Applicants must fully satisfy themselves about their eligibility before filling the application forms of both, IIM – CAT and FMS, BHU.
In case there are more than one candidate securing equal ranks as obtained by the last candidate in order of merit in the list of candidates to be called for admission, the following inter-se ranking rules of the University shall be applicable.
“In case the candidates have equal ranks then:
- the candidate having secured higher marks in the qualifying examination is eligible;
- In case the mark in the qualifying examination is also equal then the candidate senior in age shall be given preference”.
While coming for counselling for provisional admission, candidates are required to bring with them all the original documents (certificates, Mark-sheets including Caste Certificate, Migration Certificate by non-BHU candidates/ Transfer Certificates by BHU candidates etc.) In case provisional admission is offered to a candidate, all his/her original documents will be detained in the Faculty and the same will be returned after completion of admission formalities.
The mark-sheet of the qualifying examination of a candidate can be submitted on or before 5th October of the year of admission and no extension shall be given in this regard on any ground. Confidential results/mark-sheets shall not be accepted. Only the Original Mark-sheet of the qualifying examination after official declaration of the results by the respective examining bodies shall be accepted. Any other document (sealed or confidential mark-sheet) other than a proper mark-sheet issued by the authority like VC/Rector/ PVC/ Registrar/ CE etc. in regard to marks obtained by a candidate shall not be entertained under any circumstances.
Provisional admission to a particular program will depend upon the combined merit in CAT 2015, Academic Records and Group Discussion & Interview and the availability of seat in that program on the date and time of counseling. The mere fact that call letter has been issued shall not entitle a candidate to claim admission.
If a student requests for cancellation of his/her admission and return of original documents the same will be permitted as per the existing provisions of the University.
The candidate granted Provisional admission shall deposit fee within the period prescribed by the Admission Committee failing which the admission shall stand cancelled.
Provisional admission cannot be claimed by any applicant as a matter of right. The provisional admission of an applicant shall be entirely at the discretion of the Admission Committee, which may refuse to admit any student without assigning any reason thereof.
Provisional admission of a candidate is liable to be cancelled by the Admission Committee at any time:
- if it is detected that there is something against the candidate which would have prevented him/her from being admitted to the course
- If the candidate is found at a later stage to have provided any false information, and /or
- if he/she has been punished for an act of gross misconduct, indiscipline or an act involving moral turpitude.
A candidate provisionally selected for admission shall be required to fill the prescribed form, submit the required documents, collect his/her admit card for admission to the course from the office of the Department and pay fees by a date fixed for the purpose, otherwise the offer made to him/her will automatically stand cancelled and the seat thus falling vacant shall be offered to the next candidate in order of merit under the specified category.
Waitlisted candidate shall be offered admissions strictly on the basis of ranking provided there is a vacancy in the Program. Such waitlisted candidates shall have to deposit their fee latest by the date fixed by the Admission Committee.