BHU FMS 2017 – Faculty of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University offers admission to the following two-year, four-semester Post-Graduate Management courses in Business Administration for the Academic Session 2017-18. Candidates can check BHU FMS MBA / MBA IB 2017 eligibility, application form, admission procedure, fee structure and counselling on this page below.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) – 46 seats (likely to be enhanced to 92)
- Master of Business Administration in International Business (MBA – IB) – 46 seats
Schedule for BHU FMS MBA / MBA IB Admission 2017 is given below.
|For CAT 2016|
|Registration for CAT 2016 start||08 Aug 2016|
|Last date of Registration for CAT||22 Sep 2016|
|CAT Test Dates||04 Dec 2016|
|For FMS BHU|
|Availability of Application form||20 Oct 2016|
|Last date for receipt of filled application form||20 Dec 2016|
- Admission to MBA and MBA IB programs is made through CAT of Indian Institute of Management.
- Candidates interested to apply for MBA and MBA IB programs of the Institute for session 2017-18 are required to appear in CAT 2016
- Candidates are also required to apply separately for Institute of Management Studies, BHU for which Admission Notification will be released shortly
- Institute uses CAT Score for short-listing/selecting the candidates for our MBA and MBA IB programs. IIMs have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the programme.
Candidates are required to apply separately for Institute of Management Studies, BHU for which application process will start from 20 Oct 2016 and the last date for submission is 20 Dec 2016
Who can apply:
- Candidates should have a bachelor degree under 10+2+3 pattern. OR;
- A degree in agriculture, technology, medicine, education or law. OR;
- A post graduate degree in any discipline.
- For SC / ST candidates, 45% marks is required.
- Candidates should also fulfill the minimum eligibility requirements for appearing in CAT 2016.
Intake and Reservation
The total intake in the MBA & MBA-IB Programs shall be 46 each and there shall be reservation for the following categories as per University / Government of India Rules:
|NC-OBC Candidates||27% of the intake|
|SC Candidates||15 % of the intake|
|ST Candidates||7.5% of the intake|
|Differentially Abled (Person with Disability) Candidates||3% of the intake (on horizontal reservation basis)|
The below mention fee is to be paid in cash to the Fee Counter.
|First Year||INR 30765/- p.a||Rs. 28642/- (I/III Sem.)
Rs. 2125/- (II/IV Sem.)
|Second Year||INR 30765/- p.a|
|Hostel Fee||INR 6700/- (Approx. p.a)||Excluding mess charges|
Candidates will be called for counselling for provisional admission in order of their combined merit in CAT 2016, Academic Record and Group Discussion & Interview.
Mere appearance in the CAT, Group Discussion and Interview shall not entitle a candidate to be considered for admission to the course unless he/she fulfils the eligibility conditions. Applicants must fully satisfy themselves about their eligibility before filling the application forms of both, IIM – CAT and FMS, BHU.
In case there are more than one candidate securing equal ranks as obtained by the last candidate in order of merit in the list of candidates to be called for admission, the following inter-se ranking rules of the University shall be applicable.
“In case the candidates have equal ranks then:
- the candidate having secured higher marks in the qualifying examination is eligible;
- In case the mark in the qualifying examination is also equal then the candidate senior in age shall be given preference”.
While coming for counselling for provisional admission, candidates are required to bring with them all the original documents (certificates, Mark-sheets including Caste Certificate, Migration Certificate by non-BHU candidates/ Transfer Certificates by BHU candidates etc.) In case provisional admission is offered to a candidate, all his/her original documents will be detained in the Faculty and the same will be returned after completion of admission formalities.
The mark-sheet of the qualifying examination of a candidate can be submitted of the year of admission and no extension shall be given in this regard on any ground. Confidential results/mark-sheets shall not be accepted. Only the Original Mark-sheet of the qualifying examination after official declaration of the results by the respective examining bodies shall be accepted. Any other document (sealed or confidential mark-sheet) other than a proper mark-sheet issued by the authority like VC/Rector/ PVC/ Registrar/ CE etc. in regard to marks obtained by a candidate shall not be entertained under any circumstances.
Provisional admission to a particular program will depend upon the combined merit in CAT 2016, Academic Records and Group Discussion & Interview and the availability of seat in that program on the date and time of counseling. The mere fact that call letter has been issued shall not entitle a candidate to claim admission.
If a student requests for cancellation of his/her admission and return of original documents the same will be permitted as per the existing provisions of the University.
The candidate granted Provisional admission shall deposit fee within the period prescribed by the Admission Committee failing which the admission shall stand cancelled.
Provisional admission cannot be claimed by any applicant as a matter of right. The provisional admission of an applicant shall be entirely at the discretion of the Admission Committee, which may refuse to admit any student without assigning any reason thereof.
Provisional admission of a candidate is liable to be cancelled by the Admission Committee at any time:
- if it is detected that there is something against the candidate which would have prevented him/her from being admitted to the course
- If the candidate is found at a later stage to have provided any false information, and /or
- if he/she has been punished for an act of gross misconduct, indiscipline or an act involving moral turpitude.
A candidate provisionally selected for admission shall be required to fill the prescribed form, submit the required documents, collect his/her admit card for admission to the course from the office of the Department and pay fees by a date fixed for the purpose, otherwise the offer made to him/her will automatically stand cancelled and the seat thus falling vacant shall be offered to the next candidate in order of merit under the specified category.
Waitlisted candidate shall be offered admissions strictly on the basis of ranking provided there is a vacancy in the Program. Such waitlisted candidates shall have to deposit their fee latest by the date fixed by the Admission Committee.