Faculty of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India is the business school of Banaras Hindu University. Established in 1968,it is among the earliest Management Schools in India. MBA admissions in FMS BHU is offered on the basis of CAT 2014 exam scores. For BHU FMS MBA / MBA IB 2015 admission, combined merit of CAT, academic records and GD-PI will be taken into consideration. MBA aspirants seeking admission in FMS BHU can know details of eligibility, application, important dates, and selection criteria.
BHU FMS MBA Admission 2015 application forms have to submitted separately. Application forms are available from September 16, 2014. Last date of receipt of completed forms at FMS BHU is December 31, 2014. Candidates can download the application form and submit at the earliest.
Who can apply:
- Candidates should have a bachelor degree under 10+2+3 pattern. OR;
- A degree in agriculture, technlogy, medicine, education or law. OR;
- A post graduate degree in any discipline under 10+2+3 pattern with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate from any university or institution recognized by AIU / AICTE.
- For SC / ST candidates, 45% marks is required.
- Candidates should also fulfill the minimum eligibility requirements for appearing in CAT 2014.
BHU FMS MBA 2015 Important Dates
|Advertisement of CAT 2014 published||July 27, 2014|
|Registration for CAT 2014 begins on||August 6, 2014|
|Last date to register for CAT||September 30, 2014|
|CAT test dates||November 16 and 22, 2014|
|FMS BHU application form available from||September 16, 2014|
|Last date for receipt of duly completed application forms both at the counter and by post||January 21, 2015|
BHU FMS MBA Admission 2015 Seats Available
- Reservation: SC (15%), ST (7.5%), PC (3%), OBC (27%).
- Paid seats: 15% of the intake in each course.
- Supernumerary seats: Foreign nationals (15%).
BHU FMS MBA 2015 Foreign Nationals Admission
Seats: 15% of the intake.
(Candidates under NRI -Non Resident Indian – and PIO – Person of Indian Origin – will be considered for admission under this category as per University rule). Admission is on the basis of valid GMAT and TOEFL Score of the candidates applied for the program.
All the application forms may be submitted in the office of the International Students Advisor, International Students Centre, BHU for processing for their admission. The International Students’ Advisor, with the help of the Admission Committee constituted to look after the admission work of the foreign nationalsshall examine the eligibility of each applicant to the course and also the equivalence of the qualifying examination passed by the candidate. The International Students Advisor shall issue the eligibility letter to the concerned foreign nationals if they are found eligible. If there is any problem regarding equivalence of the qualifying examination passed by the candidates, the same may be referred to the Equivalence Committee constituted for foreign nationals.
The last date of admission in this category will be announced by the International Students Advisor. Foreign Nationals are exempted from appearing in Written Test (CAT), Group discussion and Interview.
All the Foreign Nationals have to fulfill the following conditions:
a) At the time of submitting the application:
(i) All the Foreign Nationals should submit their application, along with the processing charges.
(ii) The applications of scholarship-holding Foreign Nationals (under various schemes) required to be routed through the Indian Council for Cultural Relations /Ministry of Human Resource Development (Department of Education), Govt. of India, New Delhi.
(iii) They hold a valid foreign passport.
(iv) That they have adequate knowledge of English and/or Hindi as per the requirements of the Course.
b) At the time of admission:
(i) They have valid Residential permit in India granted for studies / student visa for the prescribed duration of the concerned Course.
(ii) They fulfill the minimum eligibility requirements.
(i) The Degree/certificates of the candidates have been recognized and approved by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)/Commonwealth Universities/ International Association of Universities (IAU) as equivalent to the corresponding Indian degrees/certificates.
(i) All the eligible Foreign Nationals are required to fill up the Registration Form prescribed by the University at the time of admission.
(ii) The applicant should have completed 17 years of age and there is no maximum age limit for Foreign Nationals.
(iii) The Inter-se merit among the applicants of various Foreign Nationals shall be decided by the “Core Committee for Admissions of Foreign Nationals”, which shall be deemed as final.
BHU FMS MBA 2015 Admission Procedure
Admission to the MBA and MBA IB Programs of the Faculty will be made on the basis of combined merit of the candidates in CAT conducted by IIM (50%), Academic Records (20%) and Group Discussion & Personal Interview (30%).
Note: In case the candidate is appearing in the qualifying examination, the percentage score of two years / three years as the case may be, (ignoring/excluding the final year score) shall be taken for calculating the candidate’s academic records in the qualifying examination.
Admission Test – CAT 2014 of Indian Institute of Management
Candidates interested in taking admission to MBA / MBA IB Course at Faculty of Management Studies, BHU are required to appear in Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by Indian Institute of Management for the corresponding year. 50% weightage will be given to the CAT Score while calculating the merit for admission to the above Programs.
Advertisement of CAT 2014 has appeared in leading newspapers on July 27, 2014. CAT 2014 Vouchers are available from August 6, 2014 to September 30, 2014. For details of CAT 2014 are available in the Web Site (www.iimcat.ac.in). Candidates are also required to register at FMS, BHU through separate application form (Admission Application Form of FMS BHU), within the date specified for the purpose.
The FMS, BHU shall use CAT Score for short-listing candidates for admissions to its Management Programs. IIMs have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the program.
Group Discussion and Interview (to be conducted by Faculty of Management Studies, BHU)
Candidates short-listed on the basis of CAT 2014 score will be called for Group Discussion and Interview which will be conducted in the Faculty as per schedule decided by the Admission Committee of the Faculty. 30% weightage will be given to the Group Discussion and Interview Score.
Candidates called for Group Discussion and Interview shall be required to remit a fee of Rs.2000/- or as decided by the Dean, FMS in the form of DD in favour of the Registrar, Banaras Hindu University payable at SBI, BHU.
Notes: Non-appearance of the candidate in any of CAT, Group Discussion and Interview on the scheduled date and time shall disqualify him/her for admission.
BHU FMS MBA 2015 Admission Counselling
Candidates will be called for counselling for provisional admission in order of their combined merit in CAT 2014, Academic Record and Group Discussion & Interview.
Mere appearance in the CAT, Group Discussion and Interview shall not entitle a candidate to be considered for admission to the course unless he/she fulfils the eligibility conditions. Applicants must fully satisfy themselves about their eligibility before filling the application forms of both, IIM – CAT and FMS, BHU.
In case there are more than one candidate securing equal ranks as obtained by the last candidate in order of merit in the list of candidates to be called for admission, the following inter-se ranking rules of the University shall be applicable.
In case the candidates have equal ranks then:
- the candidate having secured higher marks in the qualifying examination is eligible;
- In case the mark in the qualifying examination is also equal then the candidate senior in age shall be given preference”.
While coming for counselling for provisional admission, candidates are required to bring with them all the original documents (certificates, Mark-sheets including Caste Certificate, Migration Certificate by non-BHU candidates/ Transfer Certificates by BHU candidates etc.) In case provisional admission is offered to a candidate, all his/her original documents will be detained in the Faculty and the same will be returned after completion of admission formalities.
- The mark-sheet of the qualifying examination of a candidate can be submitted on or before 5th October of the year of admission and no extension shall be given in this regard on any ground. Confidential results/mark-sheets shall not be accepted. Only the Original Mark-sheet of the qualifying examination after official declaration of the results by the respective examining bodies shall be accepted. Any other document (sealed or confidential mark-sheet) other than a proper mark-sheet issued by the authority like VC/Rector/ PVC/ Registrar/ CE etc. in regard to marks obtained by a candidate shall not be entertained under any circumstances.
- Provisional admission to a particular program will depend upon the combined merit in CAT 2014, Academic Records and Group Discussion & Interview and the availability of seat in that program on the date and time of counseling. The mere fact that call letter has been issued shall not entitle a candidate to claim admission.
- If a student requests for cancellation of his/her admission and return of original documents the same will be permitted as per the existing provisions of the University.
- The candidate granted Provisional admission shall deposit fee within the period prescribed by the Admission Committee failing which the admission shall stand cancelled.
- Provisional admission cannot be claimed by any applicant as a matter of right. The provisional admission of an applicant shall be entirely at the discretion of the Admission Committee, which may refuse to admit any student without assigning any reason thereof.
Provisional admission of a candidate is liable to be cancelled by the Admission Committee at any time:
- if it is detected that there is something against the candidate which would have prevented him/her from being admitted to the course
- If the candidate is found at a later stage to have provided any false information, and /or
- if he/she has been punished for an act of gross misconduct, indiscipline or an act involving moral turpitude.
A candidate provisionally selected for admission shall be required to fill the prescribed form, submit the required documents, collect his/her admit card for admission to the course from the office of the Department and pay fees by a date fixed for the purpose, otherwise the offer made to him/her will automatically stand cancelled and the seat thus falling vacant shall be offered to the next candidate in order of merit under the specified category.
Waitlisted candidate shall be offered admissions strictly on the basis of ranking provided there is a vacancy in the Program. Such waitlisted candidates shall have to deposit their fee latest by the date fixed by the Admission Committee.
BHU FMS MBA 2015 Fee Structure
- First Year INR 30765/- p.a [Rs. 28642/- (I/III Sem.) , Rs. 2125/- (II/ IV Sem.)].
- Second Year INR 30765/- p.a
- Hostel Fee INR 6700/- (Approx. p.a.) Excluding mess charges.
Course curriculum for both Master of Business Administration (MBA) and Master of International Business Administration (MBA IB) has been specially designed after taking intoconsideration the needs of the corporate world. Learning is made interactive through lectures, seminars, role-plays, simulated games, group assignments, video sessions, multimedia presentations, laboratory exercises, case analysis and business games with an emphasis on industry-sponsored live projects. The emphasis is on learning the applications of concepts rather than just a theoretical understanding. The curriculum is upgraded every alternate year to cater to the dynamic business environment. The University follows Choice Based Credit System.
For existing curriculum, please visit web site : www.bhu.ac.in/fms.
FMS BHU Ranking
- FMS BHU is one among the top 21 B-Schools in the Country in terms of Placement (The Economic Times, Delhi 25/7/2014).
- Winner of Silver Award in the 5th Indian Management Conclave 2014 (August 2014).
- Winner of Lokmat National Education Leadership Award (for B-School with Industry Related Curriculum in International Business) (February 2014).
BHU FMS MBA 2015 Information Bulletin
BHU FMS MBA 2015 Information Bulletin along with Application Form is given below.
Click Here to download PDF version of BHU FMS MBA 2015 Information Bulletin and Application Form.