The MBA-Rural Development programme is a two-year full-time Post-Graduate degree from the University of Allahabad. It has the approval of the All India Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
The mission of the MBA-RD Programme is to build committed and competent professionals who could transform rural communities that are embedded in a culture of silence into those that can think and act on their own, plan their own destiny, control and manage their own institutions, evolve and adopt technologies for sustainable development as well as adapt to changing demands of the market.
Allahabad University MBARD 2018
Candidates seeking admission in Allahabad University have to fill the Application form online from the official website of Allahabad University as per schedule dates. All the candidates are requested to read the complete instructions before filling the application form.
|Availability of form||08 Apr 2018|
|Last date of form submission||29 Apr 2018|
|Availability of Onine Admit Card||02 May 2018|
|Date of Written Test||08 May 2018|
|Group Discussion & Personal Interview||To be announced|
Before submission of Application Form, applicants are required to have the following:
- scanned copy of their latest coloured photograph.
- scanned copy of their signature
- Valid mobile number.
- Valid Email-ID
All the candidates have to fill their Application Form online from the official website. Candidates are requested to read the instruction carefully before the filling the application form. The direct link to fill the application form is given above.
- Rs. 1500/- for General/OBC candidates.
- Rs. 750/- for SC/ST/PH candidates.
Instruction to fill the Application Form
- Open Institutes website.
- Go to the box Admission MBARD and Click on More button.
- Click the “Apply Online” button. Upon clicking the application form will be displayed on the screen. The candidate is required to fill up the form correctly. The fields/columns marked with asterisk are mandatory to be filled.
- The scanned copy of photograph and signature as per the specifications mentioned above shall be uploaded at the requisite place in the Application form which is mandatory.
- After filling up the Application Form the applicant can view his filled up application with an Application-ID (Please note down the Application-ID, you will need this while paying fee).
- After ensuring that all the entries have been filled up correctly, the applicant can submit the form online by entering the correct image code displayed on the screen.
- Applicant is advised to print Application Form for his/her own record.
- Applicant is requested to choose payment option after clicking on <Pay Test Fee> button.
The minimum qualification for admission to the MBA (Rural Development) Programme shall be graduation from a recognized Institution (Degree Course of at least three years duration with separate annual/semester examination system) from any stream. Students appearing in the final year examination of the undergraduate class shall also be permitted to apply, subject to the condition that they furnish their final graduation pass result not later than the mentioned date.
46 seats or as decided by the University of Allahabad Admission Committee
Reservation : Reservation of seats shall be as per University rules. Seats shall be reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) category candidates in all subject / course for which the Admission Test has been held, in accordance with following given as under:
- 15 % of the total seats in each subject / course shall be reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC) category;
- 7.5 % of the total seats in each subject / course shall be reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribe (ST) category;
- 27 % of the total seats in each subject / course shall be reserved for candidates belonging to Other Backward Caste (OBC) category.
- In case the seats reserved for candidates belonging to ST category remain vacant on account of the non-availability of candidates, such vacant seats shall be adjusted with the seats reserved for candidates belonging to SC category.
- In case the seats reserved for candidates belonging to SC category remain vacant on account of the non-availability of candidates, such vacant seats shall not be adjusted with the unreserved (General) and OBC seats.
Once the candidate has been Registered he/she should view and take a hard copy (Printout) of his/her ADMIT CARD. The ADMIT CARD shall indicate the Roll Number, the Subject and the Test Centre details of the candidate. The direct link to download the admit card will be provided here.
Written Tests (600 Marks): The written tests shall judge applicants for proficiency in written communication, intelligence, propensity to observe facts and use them, propensity to grasp and use quantitative and scientific tools, general awareness, logical thinking, reasoning power, aptitude for management learning and practice, and maturity in terms of personality.
- Communication Ability in English – 150 Marks
- Aptitude and Reasoning – 150 Marks
- General Awareness – 150 Marks
- Quantitative Aptitude – 150 Marks
Provided that there shall be negative marking for wrong answers, in pursuance of which, while 03 marks will be awarded for every correct answer and 01 mark would be deducted for every wrong answer.
Duration of Written Test: 3 Hrs
Oral Tests (100 Marks): The Oral tests shall comprise of Group Discussion and Personal Interview. A candidate has to appear in all parts of the Written Tests and all the Oral Tests; thus, a candidate, who is, for whatsoever reason, absent at one or all the Oral Test(s) shall not be considered for final selection for admission.
Group Discussion (50 Marks): The testing shall be done by grouping the applicants in viable groups and conducting discussion on chosen themes to test the applicant’s leadership ability, group behaviour, and adjustment with group dynamics.
Personal Interview: 50 Marks
Final List of Selected Candidates: Final list of selected candidates shall be drawn on the basis of overall performance of the candidate in Written and Oral Tests.
The admission to the MBA (Rural Development) course shall be based on Admission Test comprising of Written and Oral Tests. All tests shall be conducted only in English medium. The cut-off marks will be 30% for candidates of general category students and 27% for candidates of OBC category. There will be no cut-off for SC/ST students.
|Year of Qualifying Exam||Deduction from written test marks|
|2015 and later||15%|
Marks shall be deducted from applicants’ Written Test Marks if they have passed the qualifying examination before 2018, as given in the Table above.
Official website: www.auadmissions.com
For more details of MBARD 2018 Admissions – Download Information Brochure.