MUCMET 2020: Mumbai University conducts common entrance test every year for 5 year Integrated BMS-MBA course. This test is conducted for admission in management course in Mumbai University’s Thane campus.The notification for the conduct of exam will be available on the official website. The exam takes place in pen paper mode consists of 50 Qus. Candidates who want to make a career in business management can take this exam. All those candidates who have completed their 10+2 or its equivalent exam are eligible for the exam. To get more details about MUCMET 2020, check this page.
The total number of seats is 60 for admission into this course. To get themselves registered on time candidates must know the schedule of exam. Candidates can check the expected schedule for the conduct of exam mentioned here.
|Date of Advertisement||1st week of Jun 2020|
Start Date of Application form
1st week of Jun 2020
|End date for submission of application form||Mid week of Jun 2020|
|Date of Entrance test||Mid week of Jun 2020|
MUCMET 2020 Exam Pattern
In order to get better results one must know the exam pattern before hand for making better preparation strategies and time management plan. Interested candidates can check the exam pattern given below.
- Mode of Examination: Pen Paper Mode
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions
- Number of Questions: 50
- Number of Sections: 4
- Total Marks: 100
- Duration of examination: 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be rewarded for every correct answer and 0.25 will be deducted for every incorrect response.
MUCMET 2020 Syllabus
Knowing the syllabus before the exam will help in making better approach to problem solving and help in scoring good marks. The syllabus for MUCMET 2020 is given below, so candidates can check for the same.
There will be four sections in the exam, as follows
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehensions: This section of the exam will contain reading comprehensions, antonyms, synonyms, vocabulary, sentence Completion, choice of appropriate words, phrases, expressions etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude: This section consists of numerical calculations, arithmetic problems involving averages, ratio and proportion, percentages, Quantitative Reasoning, Interpretation of numerical tables, graphs and charts etc
- Logical / Abstract Reasoning: This will contain Data Interpretation and questions based on figures, graphs, diagrams, etc.
- General Awareness: It will include Current Affairs, Business, Industry, General Knowledge, etc.
Book For MUCMET 2020
Books are the best guide for every preparation , so every candidate must check which are the best books for a particular examination and its makes preparation easy. List of books for MUCMET 2020 is mentioned here so that candidates can get an idea about it.
For Quantitative Aptitude:
- How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Arun Sharma
- Quantitative Aptitude Quantum CAT Common Admission Tests For Admission into IIMs by Sarvesh K Verma
For Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehensions
- Verbal Ability And Logical Reasoning For The CAT by Nishit K. Sinha
- Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R. S. Aggarwal
For Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- Logical Reasoning for CAT by Nishit K. Sinha
- How To prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT by Arun Sharma
MUCMET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
In order to appear in the exam, candidates must first ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria for the exam. The detailed eligibility criteria for the same is given here.
- Should have passed Higher Secondary School Certificate/ Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent for recognized Board.
- Should have an aggregate of 45% in Science, Commerce, Arts or any other stream / discipline
Age Limit : Below 20 years as on the date of conduct of examination. For Reserved category candidates, below 22 years.
MUCMET 2020 Application Form
The application form for MUCMET 2020 will be available on the official website. The mode of form filling is offline. Candidates need to download the application form from the information brochure and need to carry it to the Mumbai University, Thane Campus. They have to fill the application form at the campus only, they are not required to fill the application form by themselves at home. Every candidate who want to appear in the exam need to fill the application form in offline mode only. Candidates need to report the Mumbai University, Thane Campus with the application form and all the relevant documents, failure of which may lead to rejection of candidature.
Application Fee: The expected amount of Application fee is as follows
- For Unreserved category : Rs.500
- For Reserved Category: Rs. 250
Mode Of Payment: According to last year trend application fee was paid in offline mode. In case this time there will be any change in fee payment mode then we update it here.
MUCMET 2020 Hall Ticket
The Hall ticket for the exam will be available on the official site. A prescribed format of hall ticket will be given in the information brochure, and candidates need to carry the print of admit card with your recent Passport-size photographs affixed on it to the examination center. The details about the conduct of exam and examination center will be mentioned on the admit card. Candidate need to contact the supervisor of the examination center and then they will allot seat no. and test booklet no. to the candidates. Candidates need to report at the examination center on the date mentioned on it, no further intimation will be given to the candidates in this regard.
Instruction related to Examination
- Candidates are advised to reach the examination center at least one hour before the commencement of exam so that there will be no further delays.
- Question paper is of Multiple Choice Questions format, with each question having Four (4) answer options, i.e., A, B, C, and D. You have to select the most appropriate answer and mark it.
- There was no sectional cut-off in last conducted MUCMET exam.
- Any extra pencil or pen marking, incompletely or incorrectly filled circles, multiple (more than one) answers, scratching, over-writing, tick-marking etc. is not allowed.
- You have to handover the Test Booklet along with the Answer Sheet after completing exam. In case you fail to submit the same, your Answer Sheet shall not be assessed.
- Please that note use of calculators, mobile phones or any electronic gadgets are prohibited in examination hall. If any candidate found using the same is liable to be disqualified.
- Candidates shall be disqualified if they resorting any unfair or malpractices action during examination.
MUCMET 2020 Result
The result for MUCMET 2020 will be displayed on the official website of Mumbai University, Thane Campus. The result will be available in pdf format. A list of all qualified candidates will be available in the PDF format. Candidates can check their name in the list and check whether they have qualified the exam or not. As a result PDF, Name of candidate , category of candidate , seat no, and remark will be mentioned. The result will be prepared on the basis of marks scores in the test.
MUCMET 2020 Reservation Policy
Mumbai University has reserved some seats for Maharashtra candidatures. 85% of seats are reserved for the students qualified and domiciled in Maharashtra. This gives better opportunity to the candidates belonging to the state. Candidates who have scored well will have higher chances of selection rather than the students from other states. This makes candidates from the state to score well in exam.
About Mumbai University
Mumbai University is one of the earliest state universities in India and the oldest in Maharashtra. It offers bachelors, masters and doctoral courses as well as Diploma and certificates in different disciplines. It was established in 1857 and had a large number of affiliated colleges. The campus of Mumbai University located in Thane, conducts 5 years Integrated BMS-MBA course, to give students a better career approach in the field of management.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Is there any sectional cut off in the exam ?
Ans. No sectional cut off will be their in the exam.
Q. Will students the merit list after result declaration ?
Ans. No merit list will be made available after result declaration, only a list of qualified candidates will be available.
Q. Can I pay application fee in online mode ?
Ans. No. Application fee has to be paid in offline mode only i.e by using Demand Draft.
Q. Can I change the details in the application form after submitting it ?
Ans. No. Changes after filling the application form will not be entertained.
Official Website: mu.ac.in
Candidates can check the complete details of MUCMET 2020 – Download last year Admission Notice.
Insofar, official details of MUCMET 2020 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as information brochure releases, details will be updated here.