Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary (SGT) University has released application form for the eligible candidates to admission in various undergraduate (UG), postgraduate (PG) and doctorate (PhD) level programmes to candidates. Online admission form is available on University website. Candidates can check the complete details regarding the SGT University Admission 2018 for various courses application process, eligibility criteria, fee structure, and other information on this page below.
SGT University Admission 2018
Before filling the Admission Form the candidates are required to read the Prospectus carefully. Candidate is required to fill their application online from official website mention below. Admission shall be made on the basis of merit to be prepared in accordance with the criteria given.
|Last Date of Applying M. Phil (Clinical Psychology)||09 July 2018|
|Last Date of Applying Ph. D. programs||09 Jul 2018|
|Date of exam M. Phil (Clinical Psychology)||14 Jul 2018|
|Date of exam Ph. D. programs||21 Jul 2018|
Departments / Courses Offered
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Nursing
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Physiotherapy
- SGT College of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Dental Sciences
- Faculty of Fashion & Design
- Faculty of Physical Sciences
- Faculty of Behavioral Sciences
- Faculty of Agricultural Sciences
- Faculty of Allied Health Sciences
- Faculty of Indian Medical System
- Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology
- Faculty of Commerce and Management
- Faculty of Hotel & Tourism Management
- Faculty of Mass Communication & Media Technology
- ALL INDIA (including Haryana): A candidate applying from any part of the country (including Haryana), who complies with the minimum eligibility criteria.
- HARYANA (General): A candidate, who is a domicile of Haryana and complies with the minimum eligibility criteria. Unfilled seats, if any, under this category will be transferred to the All India (including Haryana) category.
- HARYANA (Scheduled Castes): The candidate must be a domicile of Haryana and belong to a scheduled caste of Haryana as notified by the State Govt. and should comply with the minimum eligibility criteria. Unfilled seats, if any, under this category will be transferred to the All India (including Haryana) category.
- Children/wards of NRI (non-resident Indian): To be eligible for admission under this category, the applicant must fulfill the criteria as prescribed in the Ordinance of Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary University.
- KASHMIRI MIGRANTS: One seat in each branch is reserved for Kashmiri migrants. These seats will be supernumerary and will be filled on the basis of inter-se–merit, on the basis of marks of qualifying examination and subject to the candidate complying with the minimum eligibility criteria.
- Kashmiri migrants will be required to submit the original certificate of migration duly signed by the competent authority
Note – For Detailed Information regarding eligibility criteria check information brochure.
Inter SE- Merit
If two or more candidates secure identical marks in the merit, their relative merit will be determined by the marks obtained by them in the qualifying or equivalent examination. In case the marks in the qualifying or equivalent examination are also identical, the candidate senior in age will be given preference.
- Counseling will be held for candidates who will successfully fill the application form. Candidates will be called for counseling by the official conducting body.
- Counseling for admission to the courses will be held at the Depts./Institutes. No separate communication shall be sent in this regard.
- All the eligible candidates shall be required to appear personally before the Counseling Committee for verification of documents and checking of eligibility strictly before the admission to the programme is made. They will be called for counseling in order of merit.
- The candidate may appear again as a fresh candidate in the next counseling if held, and he/she will be considered for admission as per merit subject to availability of seats at that time.
- Counseling will be closed as soon as all the seats in each category are filled.
- Any candidate, who fails to turn up for Counseling at his/her turn, will be considered for the remaining seats at the time he/she reports for counseling.
- The candidate, admitted during the counseling, shall deposit the fee on the date of counseling itself with the University Cashier/Bank, failing which his/her admission shall stand canceled.
- Seats, remaining vacant after every round of counseling, shall be displayed on the Notice Board of the
- Those candidates, who do not get admission in one round of counseling, shall be eligible for admission in a subsequent round if seats are available.
The scholarship will be admissible to students of UG and PG. For UG courses (except MBBS, BDS and BAMS) on the basis of marks obtained as under (PCB/M with English as one of the subject or best of Four subjects with English as one of the subject, subsidiary subjects will not be counted) and for For PG Courses, the scholarship will be given in the Faculties of Commerce & Management, Behavioural Sciences, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Allied Health Sciences, Mass Communication & Media Technology, Education, Law, Hotel & Tourism Management and Physical Sciences on the basis of marks of UG.
- 95% and above: 100%
- 90% and above but below 94.99% : 60%
- 70% and above but below 89.99% : 40%
- 50% and above but below 69.99% : 25%
- 5% and above: 35%
- 70% and above but below 74.99% : 25%
- 65% and above but below 69.99% : 20%
About SGT University
SGT University came into existence by the Haryana Private Universities (Amendment) Act No. 8 of 2013 making educational opportunities available to all segments of the society under the parasol of Dashmesh Educational Charitable Trust, which was founded in 1999. In fact, the seeds for its magnificent growth were sown way back in 2002 with the establishment of the SGT Dental College. SGT University imparts education from Undergraduate to Ph.D. level in Health Sciences, Engineering, and Commerce, Management Sciences, Law, Hotel Management, Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, Media Management and Social sciences.