Ashoka University UG Admission 2018 – Ashoka University offers Undergraduate Programme admission for the candidates who are qualified in SAT or ACT or Ashoka Aptitude Test (AAT) or have their final class XII board scores. Eligible candidates who are interested in taking admission in the said programme for the academic year 2018-2019 have to fill the Application form. Candidates can check all the details related to Ashoka University UG Admission 2018 like Application process, eligibility criteria, admission policies, fee structure etc are given on this page below.
Ashoka University UG Admission 2018
Candidates seeking admission in Undergraduate courses have to fill the Online Application form from here. Candidates are selected for UG Program on the basis of Interview held by official authority of Ashoka University.
Schedule for the Ashoka University UG Admission 2018 is given below.
|Submission Deadline||Decision Notification||Acceptance Deadline|
|Round 1||27 Nov 2017||05 Jan 2018||05 Feb 2018|
|Round 2||08 Jan 2018||16 Mar 2018||02 Apr 2018|
11 Apr 2018
|25 May 2018||25 Jun 2018|
|Round 4||11 Jun 2018||13 Jul 2018||30 Jul 2018|
Applicants must fill the application form online through the website. An applicant cannot submit more than one form in one admissions cycle. There is no fees/cost for beginning or submitting an application.
Components of the application form:
- Personal and demographic details
- Academic performance from class IX to XII
- Extra-curricular and co-curricular participation
- Leadership roles and social impact
- Essays (to be written by the Applicant only)
- Standardised Test scores such as the SAT or ACT (optional)
- Letter of Recommendation (highly recommended but optional, only one Recommendation Letter can be submitted)
- Financial Aid (only applicants who wish to apply for financial aid need to fill this section)
- The choices of preference major specified in the application form are indicative in nature. Students will have to declare their major at the end of the third semester.
- The applicant cannot apply more than once in the entire admissions cycle. Duplicate applications will not be considered and might lead to termination of the applicant’s candidature
- Admission to Ashoka University is merit-based, while financial aid is need-based. An applicant’s selection to the programme is not affected by the information submitted in the Financial Aid Section
- Misrepresentation of facts or any information in an applicant’s application form would result in cancellation of his/her candidature or withdrawal of his/her offer of admission
- The round that an applicant applies, does not affect his/her chances of admission
- All decisions of the Admissions Committee are final. No request for reevaluation of an applicant’s application will be considered
- The Admissions process will be followed in its entirety on the basis of the merit of the applicants, and no other formal or informal recommendations from or through any individual(s) will be entertained or considered.
- An applicant needs to have taken the SAT or ACT or Ashoka Aptitude Test (AAT) or have their final class XII board scores. Our DI Code for SAT applicants is – 7343. All applicants applying with SAT/ ACT scores need to send us their official transcripts.
- Applicants whose final class XII board scores are not available at the time of evaluation, the SAT/ ACT or the Ashoka Aptitude Test may be used to make a firm offer of admission.
Once the application form has been submitted, it is reviewed by the Admissions Committee which shortlists applicants for the interview round. Interviews are conducted across multiple locations in India depending on the applications received. Shortlisted students are required to attend the interview in person. In case an applicant is unable to appear for the interview at any of the given venues, he/she may attend the interview over Skype.
Components of the Interview round:
- On the spot essay – mandatory (30 minutes)
- Ashoka Aptitude Test – highly recommended but optional (90 minutes)
- Interview with our panel – mandatory
Shortlisted applicants will be informed about the details of the interview process on their registered email address.
Please find the details of each of Ashoka University’s Key Policies on the tabs below. We request you to read through all the policies carefully.
International Students can visit this page to know more about their admissions process.
Once the applicant has completed all the components of this process, the Admissions Committee will evaluate his/her candidature. Our admissions decisions are based on the following policies:
Ashoka University does not have a deferral policy. Your admission offer is only valid for the Undergraduate Programme starting in August, 2018. If you wish to join in August 2019, you will have to reapply and go through the entire admissions process in the next admissions cycle
- Ashoka University does not accept credits transfer from other universities. If you wish to apply, you will have to start as a first-year Undergraduate student at Ashoka University
- To get a firm offer of admission from Ashoka University, an applicant needs to have taken the SAT or ACT or Ashoka Aptitude Test (AAT) or have their final class XII board scores. Our DI Code for SAT applicants is – 7343. All applicants applying with SAT/ ACT scores need to send us their official transcripts
- Applicants without any one of the above scores are not eligible for a firm offer
- For applicants whose final class XII board scores are not available at the time of evaluation, the SAT/ ACT or the Ashoka Aptitude Test may be used to make a firm offer of admission. This is especially helpful for the early action and first round of admissions where most applicants may not have their final board score
- The higher score out of Ashoka Aptitude Test or ACT or SAT or board marks will be considered while taking a decision on an applicant’s candidature
- No applicant will be rejected before receiving the final class XII board scores
- Once applicants have gone through the interview round they can expect to receive one of following communications–
- Firm offer of admission
- Conditional offer of admission
- Waitlisted for admission (can expect a decision at the end of the admissions cycle)
- Deferred offer of admission (possibility of an offer after receiving final class XII marks)
- Denial of admission
Ashoka Aptitude Test Policies:
It is strongly recommended for applicants who are short-listed for the interview process to take the Ashoka Aptitude Test.
- The Ashoka Aptitude Test is a multiple choice aptitude test with questions on verbal, quantitative and analytical reasoning
- The test is conducted online. There are no subject-specific questions and no special preparation is required to take this test
- A sample paper for the test will be made available here shortly
- The Ashoka Aptitude Test will be administered on the day of the interview and will be conducted at the interview venue
- The Ashoka Aptitude Test / SAT / ACT assists an applicant in getting a firm offer of admission in the absence of Class XII board score
- Though it is not mandatory for applicants who are shortlisted for the interview to take the Ashoka Aptitude Test, in case an applicant does not wish to take the test, he/she will need to formally opt out according to the procedure prescribed by the Admissions Officer
- Ashoka University recognises all boards approved by the COBSE. Please click here to view the complete list of boards recognised by the COBSE
- Applicants who have appeared for their final board examinations are required to submit the scores of all the subjects they have undertaken as a part of their class XII final board examinations
- In case an applicant is awaiting his/her final examination results at the time of filling in and submitting the application form, he/she is required to submit their predicted grades/scores. Predicted grades/scores are the estimated final grades/scores of the class XII board examinations. The predicted grades/scores may be provided by the school counsellor/any other relevant school authority. In the absence of official predicted grades/scores, applicants also have the option of submitting self-predicted grades/scores
- In case an applicant has received only grades instead of numeric scores in class XI and/or XII, applicants will have to submit a school-approved conversion scale for the Admissions Committee to be able to convert the grades into numeric scores
- Ashoka University follows the CBSE-prescribed scale for converting GPA to numeric scores in case of CBSE students
- Ashoka University follows the COBSE-recommended scale to compare grades/scores across different Indian boards
- Ashoka University accepts students from all +2 level qualifications recognised by the AIU. Please click here to view the complete list of boards recognised by the AIU
- For International Baccalaureate (IB) students, only applicants enrolled under the Diploma Programme are eligible to apply for the undergraduate programme at Ashoka University. Students enrolled in the IB Certificate Programme are not eligible to apply
- For students enrolled in the Cambridge Board, applicants must appear for a minimum of 3 subjects at the A-level to be eligible to apply to the undergraduate programme at Ashoka University
- For all other boards, we request students to share a conversion sheet/normalisation scale or any detailing around the grading/scoring system used by the board/school authorities with the Admissions Committee
Students who wish to pursue Economics/Economics and Finance/Mathematics/Computer Science/Computer Science and Entrepreneurship/Computer Science and Mathematics/Physics should have studied Mathematics in their senior school years
For assistance, please contact us:
Ashoka University Admissions Office
For Application Related Queries refer below:
Timings: 9 AM to 5 PM
Email address: [email protected]
Phone Numbers: 011-69405805 / 011-69405806
Address: No. 2, Green Avenue Street, Pocket D-3, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi – 110070
Candidates can check the sample paper for preparation of the exam from below.
Official website: www.ashoka.edu.in
For more details on Ashoka University UG Admission 2018, download information brochure.