|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||25 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
IIST Ph.D Admission January 2017 – Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology envisions basic and applied research for meeting the national R&D requirements of Science and Technology in general and the Indian Space Programme in particular. Candidates can check the complete information of IIST Ph.D Admission July 2017 like application process, eligibility criteria, selection process etc through this page below.
IIST Ph.D Admission July 2017 for Masters and Bachelors Degree holder
The institute provides a vibrant research atmosphere and offers doctoral and postdoctoral programmes. Applications are invited from highly motivated applicants for admission to the Ph.D. Programme starting in July 2017, in the areas given below:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Earth & Space Sciences
- Other areas* (only for candidates receiving Ph.D. fellowship from Government of India agencies such as DST, CSIR, MeiTY, INAE, NBHM, UGC etc.)
Schedule for IIST Ph.D Admission July 2017 is given below.
|Opening of IIST website for online submission of applications||06 Apr 2017|
|Closing of IIST website for online submission of applications||30 Apr 2017|
|Shortlisted candidates for Test/Interview||19 May 2017|
|Interview date window||12-15 Jun 2017|
|Display of Provisionally selected candidates||19 Jun 2017|
|Commencement of Classes for Ph.D. students||24 Jul 2017|
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology has published the list of Shortlisted Candidates, which can also be checked through the link provided below.
Candidates can apply online for IIST Ph.D Admission July 2017 from the official website or through the link provided below. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility before going to apply online. To apply online, Kindly go through the link provided below.
- Application process is over…!!!
How to Apply?
- Applications shall be submitted online at the IIST website: http://admission.iist.ac.in. Applications received online only will be considered.
- The applicants will not be allowed to make any changes in the profile registration once submitted. Hence utmost care should be taken by the applicants while filling the profile.
- Application fee is to the extent of Rs. 600/- per Department (for SC/ST/PD and Women applicants – Rs.300/- per Department). If the applicant is eligible and wishes to apply for more than one Research Area in the same Department, he/she need not have to pay any additional application fee. However, such applicant who wishes to apply for more than one Research Area within the same Department need to indicate his/her choice of Research Areas in the order of his/her preference. The application fee is non-refundable.
- The application fee shall be paid after two days of registration through “SBI Collect” only.
- Applicants who are employed in Government/Semi Government/PSUs/ Autonomous Bodies need to produce a “No Objection Certificate (NOC)” from the current employer at the time of Interview.
- SC/ST/OBC/Persons with Disabilities (PD) applicants shall upload in the website, the relevant certificate before the prescribed date.
Applicants with Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology
Applicants with Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology must have secured first class or equivalent in the Master’s degree. They must have pursued their Master’s degree on the basis of qualified GATE score. Applicants with MS in Engineering or equivalent from leading foreign Universities with outstanding academic record can be considered without GATE score. Applicants with Integrated Masters degree (or Dual Degree) in Engineering/Technology from IITs and IISc with minimum CGPA 9.0/10 can also be considered without GATE score. Applicants, who qualified UGC/CSIR/NET-JRF/other similar fellowships, with eligible degrees are allowed to apply even without GATE score.
Applicants with Master’s Degree in Science
Applicants must have Master’s Degree in the relevant area with first class or equivalent in their Master’s degree. They must have qualified UGC/CSIR NET-JRF/JEST (or) GATE in the relevant disciplines. Applicants applying with their JEST score should have secured a rank within the first 300.
Applicants with Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology
Outstanding applicants with Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with an excellent academic record and aptitude for research may be considered for direct admission to the Ph.D. Programme. Such applicants must have secured CGPA of 9.0/10 or better and a valid GATE score of 675 or better. B.E./B.Tech students from IITs with CGPA better than 9.0/10 do not require GATE score.
Applicant should be below 35 years as on April 30, 2017. Age relaxation is applicable as per Government Rules.
Applicant should be an Indian citizen.
- Applications will be received until April 30, 2017 only through on-line.
- From the eligible applicants, a short-listing will be done, taking into account their applicable GATE/NET scores. Therefore applicants are advised to enter:
- GATE score through which Master’s Degree has been pursued;
- Best GATE score if the applicant possesses more than one GATE score
- Candidates having fellowship from the Government of India funding agencies such as DST, CSIR, MeiTY, INAE, NBHM, UGC etc may also apply for Ph.D. admission in various departments in IIST. Final decision on the eligibility of such fellowships will be taken by IIST.
- Candidates are advised to visit the faculty profile for the areas of research.
- List of short-listed applicants for written test or interview will be displayed in IIST website by May 19, 2017.
- Depending on the number of applicants who have applied, the final selection will be based on an interview, which will be conducted at IIST, Thiruvananthapuram during June 12 to 15, 2017. In case of very large number of applicants being shortlisted for Ph.D. admission, a written test will be conducted for shortlisted applicants for the interview.
- Selected applicants will be intimated the result within a week after the final interview. Results will also be displayed in the IIST website on June 19, 2017
- Outstation applicants will be reimbursed to and fro sleeper class train fare/bus fare by shortest route from the place mentioned in the application to Thiruvananthapuram, or actual fare paid (whichever is less) for attending the interview. The applicants are advised to make their own arrangements for their stay at Thiruvananthapuram, at their cost.
For more Information of IIST Ph.D Admission July 2017 – Download Information Brochure.