IIST Ph.D Admission January 2019 – Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology envisions basic and applied research for meeting the national R&D requirements of Science and Technology in general and the Indian Space Programme in particular. Candidates can check the complete information of IIST Ph.D. Admission January 2019 like application process, eligibility criteria, selection process etc through this page below.
IIST Ph.D Admission January 2019
The institute provides a vibrant research atmosphere and offers doctoral and postdoctoral programmes. Applications are invited from highly motivated applicants for admission to the Ph.D. Programme starting in January 2019, in the areas given below:
- Aerospace Engineering
- External Fellowship Holders for the Department in Aerospace Engineering, Avionics, Chemistry, Earth and Space Sciences, Humanities, Mathematics and Physics (only for candidates receiving Ph.D. fellowship from agencies such as DST, CSIR, MeiTY, NBHM, UGC etc.)
Schedule for IIST Ph.D. Admission January 2019 is given below.
|Starting of Online Application Form||01 Nov 2018|
|Last date for online application||14 Nov 2018|
|Last date for remittance of application fee||15 Nov 2018|
|Display of shortlisted candidates for Test/Interview||21 Nov 2018|
|Date of written screening test||02 Dec 2018|
|Publishing of screening test results||10 Dec 2018|
|Downloading of Call letter for Interview||–|
|Interview Dates||17 to 18 Dec 2018|
|Display of provisionally selected candidates||21 Dec 2018|
|Last date of remittance of semester fee||27 Dec 2018|
|Reporting date at the Institution||01 Jan 2019|
|Commencement of classes||02 Jan 2019|
Candidates can apply online for IIST Ph.D. AdmissionJanuary 2019 from the official website or through the link provided below. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility before going to apply online.
Apply now: Click here to apply for IIST Ph.D Admission January 2019.
How to Apply?
- Applications shall be submitted online at the IIST website: admission.iist.ac.in. Applications received online only will be considered.
- The applicants will not be allowed to make any changes in the profile registration once submitted. Hence utmost care should be taken by the applicants while filling the profile.
- Application fee is to the extent of Rs. 700/- per Department (for SC/ST/PD and Women applicants – Rs.350/- per Department). If the applicant is eligible and wishes to apply for more than one Research Area in the same Department, he/she need not have to pay any additional application fee. However, such applicant who wishes to apply for more than one Research Area within the same Department need to indicate his/her choice of Research Areas in the order of his/her preference. The application fee is non-refundable.
- The application fee shall be paid after two days of registration through “SBI Collect” only.
- Applicants who are employed in Government/Semi Government/PSUs/ Autonomous Bodies need to produce a “No Objection Certificate (NOC)” from the current employer at the time of Interview.
- SC/ST/OBC/Persons with Disabilities (PD) applicants shall upload in the website, the relevant certificate before the prescribed date.
Applicants with Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology
Applicants with Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology must have secured first class or equivalent in the Master’s degree. They must have pursued their Master’s degree on the basis of qualified GATE score. Applicants with Master of Science in Engineering or equivalent from leading foreign Universities with outstanding academic record or Master of Science (by Research) with the outstanding academic record may be considered without GATE score. Applicants with Integrated Masters degree (or Dual Degree) in Engineering/Technology from IITs and IISc with minimum CGPA 9.0/10 may also be considered without GATE score. Applicants, who qualified UGC/CSIR/NET-JRF/other similar fellowships, with eligible degrees and meeting the above-mentioned GATE score requirements, are particularly encouraged to apply.
GATE Score: Candidates should have secured minimum GATE score of 450 & above for General category, 405 & above for OBC and 225 & above for SC/ST/PD categories.
Applicants with Master’s Degree in Science/Humanities
Applicants must have Master’s Degree in the relevant area with first class or equivalent in their Master’s degree. They must have qualified UGC/CSIR NET-JRF/JEST or GATE in the relevant disciplines. Applicants applying with their JEST score should have secured a rank within the first 300.
Applicant should be below 35 years as on Nov 14, 2018. Age relaxation is applicable as per Government Rules.
Applicant should be an Indian citizen.
- Applications will be received until 14 Nov 2018 only through online.
- From the eligible applicants, a short-listing will be done, taking into account their applicable GATE/NET scores. Therefore applicants are advised to enter:
- GATE score through which Master’s Degree has been pursued;
- Best GATE score if the applicant possesses more than one GATE score
- Candidates having the fellowship from the funding agencies such as DST, CSIR, MeiTY, NBHM, UGC etc may also apply for Ph.D. admission in various departments in IIST. The final decision on the eligibility of such fellowships will be taken by IIST.
- Candidates are advised to visit the faculty profile for the areas of research.
- Candidates with the fellowship shall upload the fellowship award letter and a one-page write-up about their research plan.
- Based on the research interest and availability of research supervisor, you will be intimated to pay the application fee and will be called for the interview.
- List of short-listed applicants for written test or interview will be displayed in IIST website by November 21, 2018.
- Depending on the number of applicants who have applied, the final selection is based on an interview, which will be conducted at IIST, Thiruvananthapuram. In case of a very large number of applicants being shortlisted for Ph.D. admission, a written test will be conducted for shortlisted applicants for the interview.
- The written screening test for candidates without holding eligibility through a national test for PhD admissions will have two parts A & B. Part A (40 marks) will comprise of questions that test both aptitude and mathematics, Part B (60 marks) will have questions related to the subject area that are identified in the eligibility. While Part A (30 minutes duration) will be conducted first for all candidates, Part B (60 minutes duration) will be held starting from 10:15 AM and lasting one hour for different subject areas. A student applying to multiple research areas can write the corresponding subject area (Part B) of the various different research areas in the indicated time slot.
- Provisionally selected candidates lists will be displayed in the IIST website on 21 Dec 2018.
- Outstation applicants will be reimbursed to and fro sleeper class train fare/bus fare by the shortest route from the place mentioned in the application to Thiruvananthapuram, or actual fare paid (whichever is less) for attending the interview. The applicants are advised to make their own arrangements for their stay at Thiruvananthapuram, at their cost.
- Ph.D Admissions are governed by Ph.D Rules and Regulations of IIST. (https://www.iist.ac.in/academics/rules-regulations)
Candidates who successfully submitted the application forms and shortlist for the Test/Interview can download their Hall Ticket for Ph.D written screening test which is going to be held on Dec 02, 2018, by using Candidate Login available on the official website or from the direct link which is also provided below for the sake of candidates.
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology has announced the result of written screening test held on Dec 02, 2018. Candidates who have taken the test can check their result from the official website OR through the direct link which is provided below.
To be paid at the beginning of every semester
|Tuition Fee/Statutory Semester Fee||1,500/-*|
|Student Amenities Fee||1,350/-|
|Registration Fee (One-Time)||1,000/-|
|Thesis Submission Fee (One-Time)||1,000/-|
|Re-Registration Fee (If any)||1,500/-|
- *For SC/ST/PD Tuition Fee/Statutory Semester Fee has been exempted.
- ** For Dining: Students of Ph.D programmes can purchase food coupons for Canteen Services separately.
Official Website: www.iist.ac.in
For More information about IIST Ph.D Admission January 2019 – Download Information Brochure.