IIST PhD Admission 2020 – IIST has released the online application form the admission to Ph.D Sponsored for July 2020 session. The application form is released for DOS and ISRO employees. Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology has released the notification and application form for admission to Ph.D programmes for July 2020 session. The eligible candidates can apply online through iist.ac.in. Selection of the candidates is made on the basis of an online screening test followed by Skype/Zoom interview. Candidates can check the complete information of IIST PhD Admission 2020 like application process, eligibility criteria, sf selection process etc through this page below.
Latest: IIST has released the list of candidates provisionally selected for admission to PhD Admission 2020 July session. Click here to check.
IIST PhD Admission 2020
The institute provides a vibrant research atmosphere and offers doctoral and postdoctoral programmes. Applications are invited from highly motivated applicants for admission to the PhD Programme 2020.
Schedule for IIST PhD Admission 2020 is given below.
|Starting of Online Application Form||15 May 2020||20 May 2020|
|Last date for online application||15 Jun 2020||15 Jun 2020|
|Last date of receipt of received hard copy of application||–||22 Jun 2020|
|Display of shortlisted candidates for Test||24 Jun 2020||24 Jun 2020|
|Date of online screening test||to be announced||to be announced|
|Publishing of screening test results||to be announced||to be announced|
|Interview Dates||06-10 Jul 2020||06 – 10 Jul 2020|
|Display of Provisionally selected candidates||to be announced||to be announced|
|Last Date of remittance of the semester fee||to be announced||to be announced|
|Reporting date at the Institution||to be announced||to be announced|
|Commencement of classes||to be announced||to be announced|
IIST PhD Admission 2020 Advertisement
IIST PhD Admission 2020 Sponsored Disciplines
Admission for the Ph.D Sponsored Programme for July session is done for the following disciplines:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Earth & Space Sciences
IIST PhD Admission 2020 Application Form
Candidates can apply online for IIST PhD admission 2020 from the official website or through the direct link which is provided below. Candidates are advised to ensure their eligibility before going to apply online.
Apply Online: Click here to fill the online application form for IIST PhD Admission 2020.
Application Fee: Following amount of fee has to be paid online. Candidates who wish to apply for multiple departments have to pay a separate fee for each department. However, if one wishes to apply for more than one research area in the same department, he/she does not need to pay any additional fee.
|Category||Application Fee per Department|
How to Apply?
Step 1: Profile Registration
Step 2: Login and complete the application form
Step 3: Pay the application fee online
For Sponsored Ph.D Programme:
candidates who are willing to apply for Sponsored Ph.D Programme have to go on the official website and fill out the application form. Candidates have to print the application form after submission.
Candidates can click on the below link to fill the online application form for IIST Ph.D Admission (Sponsored):
Apply here: Click here to apply for IIST Ph.D Admission (Sponsored) July 2020.
After printing of application form, candidates have to send it along with the required documents to the following address:
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology,
Thiruvananthapuram- 695 547
IIST PhD Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before applying for the IIST PhD Admission 2020.
Nationality: The candidates must be citizens of India.
Age Limit (as on June 15, 2020): The age of the applicant must not exceed 35 years.
Applicants with a Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology
Applicants with a Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology must have secured 65% marks or 7.00 CGPA or equivalent in the Qualifying Master’s degree (60%marks or 6.50CGPA for OBC, 55%marks or 6.00 CGPA for SC/ST/PD). They must have pursued their Master’s degree on the basis of qualified GATE score. However, there is no GATE cut off score for applicants with M.Tech./M.E as the highest qualifying degree, who are applying for PhD in Engineering Discipline. Applicants with Master of Science in Engineering or equivalent from leading foreign Universities with minimum CGPA 8/10 or 3.6 /4 or equivalent can be considered without GATE score.
Applicants with a Master’s Degree in Science
Applicants must have Master’s Degree in the relevant area with a minimum of 65% marks or 7.00CGPA or equivalent in the Qualifying Master’s degree (60%marks or 6.50CGPA for OBC, 55%marks or 6.00 CGPA for SC/ST/PD). They must have cleared a National level eligibility test, such as a valid UGC-CSIR NET JRF /Lectureship/fellowship or NBHM/JEST/GATE and State Government Science and Technology Scheme, in the relevant disciplines.
Applicants with a Master’s Degree in Humanities/Management/Social Sciences:
Applicants must have Master’s Degree in the relevant area of Humanities/Management / Social Sciences with a minimum of 65% marks or 7.00 CGPA or equivalent in the Qualifying Master’s degree (60%marks or 6.50CGPA for OBC, 55%marks or 6.00 CGPA for SC/ST/PD). They must have cleared a national level eligibility test, such as a valid UGC-NET-JRF fellowship/State Government Science and Technology Scheme or similar fellowship schemes of Central/State Governments.
Candidates who have been provided research fellowships by State Government Science and Technology Scheme/DST-INSPIRE etc, are eligible to apply If they have already cleared a National level eligibility test, such as a valid UGC-CSIR-NET Lectureship or JEST/GATE. A valid GATE score of minimum 500 for General Category (450 for OBC / EWS and 350 for SC/ST/PD categories) in a Science discipline or JEST rank within the first 300 is required.
Candidates awaiting results are also eligible to apply provided that they fulfil all other eligibility requirements.
For Sponsored Ph.D Programme:
- Maximum age limit: Candidate’s age should not be more than 48 years as on June 15, 2020
- Nationality: Candidate should be an Indian national.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates should have possessed M.Tech/ M.Sc/ Master of Humanities degree with minimum 60% marks or CGPA 6.50 out of 10.
IIST PhD Admission 2020 Selection Procedure
The selection procedure for IIST PhD Admission 2020 is provided below for interested candidates.
For Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology as their highest qualifying degree:
For candidates with M.E/M. Tech as their highest qualifying degree, selection to the PhD programme will be based on online screening test followed by an interview. However, candidates with a valid fellowship such as CSIR/NET-JRF fellowships and CSIR-NET Lectureship post their ME/M.Tech will be directly called for the interview.
For Master’s Degree in Science as their highest qualifying degree:
For candidates applying with their Master’s degree in Sciences as their qualifying degree and having a valid score card/certificate in any of the National level eligibility tests listed above, selection to the programme will be based on an interview. Applicants applying with their JEST score should have secured a rank within the first 300.
Candidates applying with a valid GATE score in a Science discipline, having a minimum score of 500 for General Category (450 for OBC and 350 for SC/ST/PD categories), are exempted from the PhD screening test conducted by IIST. Applicants having GATE score in Science disciplines less than indicated cut-off above will not be considered for PhD Admission.
For Master’s Degree in Humanities/Management/Social Sciences as their highest qualifying degree:
For candidates applying with their Master’s degree in Humanities/Management/Social Sciences as their qualifying degree and having a valid score card/certificate in any of the National level eligibility tests listed above, selection to the programme will be based on an interview.
Selection Criteria based on Online Screening Test & Interview (through Video Conferencing):
- The students who have participated in the Online Screening Test will be shortlisted if they secure a minimum of 30% in each of Section A and Section B and a combined mark of 50 % and above for Section A and Section B together.
- There will be a relaxation of 5 % for SC/ST/PD and OBC students, i.e., SC/ST/PD and OBC students require a combined mark of 45 % and above for Section A and Section B together, while the minimum is 30% in each of the Section A and B respectively.
- There will be a 70 % weightage for the PhD Written Screening Test and 30 % weightage for the interview.
- A student securing less than 10 marks out of 30 marks in the interview will not be selected irrespective of category and irrespective of the performance in the Screening Test.
- The combined mark for the PhD Screening Test and interview for a UR student should be 60 % and above to be selected
- For the SC/ST/PD and OBC students, the combined mark for the PhD Screening Test and interview should be 55 % and above.
For Sponsored Ph.D Programme:
- Candidates who wish to apply for sponsored Ph.D Programme have to submit the online application first. Candidates are shortlisted for online screening test on the basis of their applications.
- Questions are asked in the exam from the syllabus of GATE Aptitute and Mathematics. Candidates have to score minimum 30% marks out of 40 marks.
- Candidates who will qualify the online screening test will be shortlisted for interview. An interview will be conducted which is consists of 60 marks.
- Interview will be conducted in online mode via Skype/ Zoom.
- Candidates who will qualify both rounds will proceed for admission.
IIST PhD Admission 2020 Fee Structure
Here we mentioned the fee structure for the IIST PhD Admission 2020.
|Tuition Fee/Statutory Semester Fee||1,500/-*|
|Student Amenities Fee||1,350/-|
|Registration Fee (One-Time)||1,000/-|
|Thesis Submission Fee (One-Time)||1,000/-|
|Re-Registration Fee (If any)||1,500/-|
- *For SC/ST/PD Tuition Fee/Statutory Semester Fee is exempted.
- **Students of PhD programmes can purchase food coupons for Canteen Services separately.
- *** Based on the decisions of the Board of Management, fees could be revised during the study period.
Official Website: iist.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.