The candidate who applies for AMU Admission 2015 is advised to carefully read the Information Brochure. AMU 2015 Admissions to all courses of study are open to Indian Nationals only. Candidates having other nationalities should refer to the relevant Guide for them. AMU Eligibility rules for each course shall be strictly followed and shall not be relaxed under any circumstance. Candidate should satisfy himself / herself that he / she fulfills the eligibility requirements prescribed for Aligarh Muslim University Admission to the concerned course of study.
A candidate shall be eligible to apply for admission 2015 to a course of study if he/she has passed the qualifying examination and also fulfills all other eligibility requirements in terms of subjects studied, percentage of marks, age, etc. Candidates awaiting result of qualifying examination may also apply for admission with the clear stipulation that in the event of their selection they will be entitled to admission only if they fulfill all eligibility requirements of concerned course of study at the time of admission.
Latest Update – Aligarh Muslim University publishes an important notification regarding the AMU MBBS Entrance Exam 2015. (Check Here). Notified on 20.06.2015.
Notice: Date of Admission Test of M.Tech Electrical Engg. has been extended from 13.06.2015 to 22.06.2015 in view of the examination of Indian Examination Services (IES) from 12-14 June 2015.
AMU 2015 Admissions Exam Dates
|Course||Entrance Exam Date|
|MBBS, BDS||April 26, 2015|
|BA LLB||May 10, 2015|
|MBA, MBA IB, PG Diploma in Islamic Banking and Finance||May 10, 2015|
|B.Ed||May 10, 2015|
|B.Tech, B.Arch||May 17, 2015|
|Senior Secondary School Certificate (Science Stream), Diploma in Engineering||May 24, 2015|
|Senior Secondary School Certificate (Humanities and Commerce Stream)||May 25, 2015|
|BA, B.Sc, B.Com Hons||May 31, 2015|
The University has 12 Faculties Agricultural Sciences, Arts, Commerce, Engineering & Technology, Law, Life Sciences, Medicine, Management Studies & Research, Science, Social Sciences, Theology, Unani Medicine, each comprising of several Departments of Studies. Details of admission to each of the department is given here for candidates seeking admission in any of the courses offered by AMU.
Candidates are required to fill separate AMU Application Forms for each course of study as detailed in this Guide. However, candidates should submit a single Application Form for courses for which a combined Test is to be conducted
Course-wise Admission information
AMU Application Form
- Candidates are required to fill separate Application Forms for each course of study as detailed in this Guide. However, candidates should submit a single Application Form for courses for which a combined Test is to be conducted.
- Application Forms shall not be transferred from one course of study to another under any circumstance.
- If a candidate submits more than one Application Form for a course of study, ALL such Application Forms of the candidate may be summarily rejected.
- Candidate should clearly specify his/her order of preference of Course / Branch / Main Subject / Stream / Specialization from among those listed under the course of study concerned. The order of preference indicated in the Application Form will not be changed.
- While applying for various courses of study, the candidate is advised to consult the schedule of Admission/Departmental Test which appears under each course of study, wherever applicable, so as to ensure that there is no clash in the Test schedule of various courses for which the candidate is applying for admission. The University assumes no responsibility if the candidate has opted for more than one course of study for which the Tests have been scheduled simultaneously.
- No request for change in address for correspondence as specified in the Application Form shall be entertained.
- For all courses where Selection Process is based on (or has a component of) candidate’s performance in the Qualifying Examination, the candidate must submit self attested photocopy of his/her marksheet / grade sheet of Qualifying Examination (both sides) so as to reach in the respective offices as given under each course of study up to 5:00 PM on or before June 18, 2015 failing which his/her Application Form will be summarily REJECTED.
- Application No./ R.No./ Transaction ID should be quoted for all queries or correspondence and at the time of submission of required documents. The documents submitted without mentioning Application No./ R.No./ Transaction ID will not be considered.
- The Office of the Dean / Chairman / Principal / Coordinator receiving copy of the marksheet(s) of the qualifying examination, wherever required, on or before the last date of submission from the candidates by hand, shall give a receipt acknowledging the same.
- If the candidate’s formal result of qualifying examination has not been declared on the last date of submission of the marks sheet of the qualifying examination, then he/she may submit self-attested copy of his/her Internet Downloaded Marks Sheet. The same shall be subject to verification from the Original Marks Sheet at the time of admission and in case of any discrepancy in the marks of individual subjects or aggregate, the offer of admission shall stand cancelled and no representation shall be entertained.
- A candidate whose qualifying examination is not recognized by this University shall not be eligible for admission. All such Application Forms / admissions shall be rejected / cancelled.
Application Forms may be rejected if :
- Received incomplete.
- Not submitted on prescribed form
- Received without requisite fee,
- Attached Demand Draft is not in favour of Finance Officer, A.M.U., payable at Aligarh
- Received after the last date.
And no correspondence shall be entertained in this regard. No relaxation in the last date shall be granted. The University takes no responsibility for postal delay or non-receipt ofApplication Forms or any other communication related to admissions.
AMU Eligibility for Admissions
The details of courses of studies and the eligibility requirement for admission to each course have been outlined in the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) Admissions 2015 Guide. Candidate must read the eligibility conditions relevant to the course applying for and ensure that they meet the requirements before applying.
Admissions in all the courses are done on the basis of rules framed by the Academic Council for each course as amended and enforced from time to time. Further, admissions to AMU, Aligarh as well as AMU Centre at Malappuram, Murshidabad and Kishaanganj will be made through a single admission process for courses of study being taught at more than one location.
Some points to be noted with regards the eligibility conditions are outlined below.
For admission to a Course in the Faculties of Arts, Social Sciences, Science and Life Sciences where the qualifying examination is Bachelor’s degree, the candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility requirement in terms of qualifying examination in respect of the Main Subject / Subsidiary Subject(s) / Major Subject(s) defined as follows:
- Main Subject: The subject studied by the candidate in the First Year, Second Year and as only one subject in the Third Year at Bachelor’s degree level.
- Subsidiary Subjects: Besides Main subject, other two subjects (excluding Compulsory / Vocational Subjects) studied by the candidate in the First Year and Second Year at Bachelor’s degree Level.
- Major Subject: If the candidate has studied only two subjects in the Third Year at Bachelor’s degree level from amongst the three subjects (excluding Compulsory / Vocational Subjects) studied in the First Year and Second Year, the same will be designated as Major Subject(s).
B.A./B.Sc./B.Com./B.Th./B.Sc.(Agriculture) degrees prescribed as the eligibility requirement for various Course of Studies in this Guide are three year Degree Courses under the 10+2+3 system of education. However, the candidate holding Bachelor’s degree under the 10+1+3 or 10+2+2 system shall also be considered eligible provided that he/she :
- has also passed Pre-Master (Bridge) Course / one year of Master Degree Course.
- is applying for Professional Courses offered by the Centre for Professional Courses
- has obtained his /her Degree prior to 1985.
Candidates who have graduated under 10+1+3 or 10+2+2 system and secured at least 5% more marks in aggregate over and above the minimum as specified for admission to B.Ed., B.L.I.Sc., PGDCP, M.Sc. (Biotechnology), M.Sc. (Wildlife Science), MBA, MBA(IB), MFC, MTA, PGDIBF, PGDBF and BRIM Courses shall be considered eligible for admission.
Definition of Internal/External: An Internal candidate is one who has passed the qualifying examination conducted by THIS University as a regular student not earlier than THREE (3) academic years from the date of admission to the Course he/she is seeking admission to. And all other candidates shall be treated as External.
Internal candidates should submit relevant documents with their Application Form in support of internal status, failing which they will be considered as External candidates.
Information Brochure contains detailed Guide To Admissions / Application Details / Courses Offered / Dates & Fee / Test Syllabus.