Amrita University Admissions
Amrita University conducts entrance exams for admission to UG courses as well as PG courses. Details of the Amrita entrance exams for bachelors and masters level programs are given here for students who wish to seek admission in Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham. Nation-wide entrance exams are conducted for B Tech, MBBS, BDS, BAMS and MCA. For many other programs, entrance exams are conducted at the schools’ premises.
Admission criteria varies for the different programs. Please see the links of the respective exams / admissions (quick links given below) for current information.
|Entrance Exam / Admission||Date of Exam|
|B.Tech (AEEE)||17 Apr 2016 onward|
|B.Sc Nursing||20 June 2016|
|DM / M.Ch||18 Jun 2016|
|MD / MS / PG Diploma||06 Mar 2016|
|MDS||05 Mar 2016|
|M.Sc Nursing||23 Jul 2016|
|Post Basic B.Sc Nursing||23 Jul 2016|
Course Wise Admission & Entrance Exams
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham conducts Engineering Entrance Examination every year on an all India basis for admission to the 4 year B.Tech. Degree programmes offered in the three campuses at Amritapuri (Kollam), Bengaluru and Ettimadai (Coimbatore).
Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria will be admitted to the first year of 4 year B.Tech. programmes through counselling, based on their ranks in the Entrance Examination.
Health Science Admissions
Admissions open for the Academic Year 2016 at Amrita Health Sciences Campus, Kochi. The Health Sciences Campus is home to AIMS Hospital, School of Medicine, Center for Allied Health Sciences, Center for Nanosciences, School of Dentistry, College of Nursing and School of Pharmacy.
- Amrita University MBBS Entrance Exam
- Amrita University BAMS Admission
- Amrita University BDS Entrance Exam
- Amrita university MDS Admissions
For B.Sc Nursing Admission
- Minimum 17 years of age and maximum 23 years on or before 31 Dec 2016.
- Pass in Plus Two with 50% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English (PCBE) from a recognized Board or University.
For M.Sc Nursing Admissions
- The candidate should have passed BSc Nursing or BSc Hons. Nursing or Post Basic BSc Nursing with minimum of 55% aggregate marks from an Institution recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
- The candidate should be a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife with any State Nursing Council.
- Candidates should be medically fit.
- Minimum 1 Year of work experience after basic BSc Nursing or prior or after Post Basic BSc Nursing
For Post Basic B.Sc Nursing
- Maximum 30 years as on 31st December 2016
- Pass in Plus Two with minimum 50% from a recognized Board or University.
- Pass in General Nursing & Midwifery from an INC recognized School of Nursing be a Registered Nurse of the State Nursing Council
- Final year GNM students are also eligible to apply.
For DM / M.Ch Admission
Candidates who have not crossed the age of 35 years as on 31st December 2016 are eligible to apply. Should have passed MD/ MS degree or DNB in not more than two attempts. Should have passed MD/ MS Degree or DMB from a recognized Medical College. In both cases, permanent registration either from the Medical Council of India or any of the state Medical Council is necessary.
For MD / MS Admission
- Permanent registration from Medical Council of India or any State Medical Council after completion of compulsory rotating Internship (Those who will complete their Internship by 30th April 2016 are also eligible to apply).
- Candidates who failed more than 3 times, subject wise in any examination during the MBBS course are not eligible.
- Age limit – For clinical subjects : Maximum 30 years as on 31.12.2016. No age limit for MD – Non Clinical & all PG Diploma courses.
- Candidates who hold MBBS Degrees from Foreign Universities should have passed the Screening Test conducted by the National Board of Examinations
- Diploma (MCI Recognized) Holders need to do only two years as lateral entry for admission into MD courses.
Seats and Intake at Amrita University
|Engineering||Offered at Amritapuri Campus, Bengaluru Campus, Coimbatore Campus.|
|Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing||50|
|B.Pharm.||60 (Regular), 08 (Lateral)|