The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) Programme of Directorate of Distance Education, Madurai Kamaraj University, aims at developing knowledge attitude and skills required by practicing teachers for the effective teaching-learning process at the secondary level. MKU has released the application form for the admission to Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) programme 2019. Once the application process will be over candidates will be called for counselling in which document verification will be done and candidates will be admitted in the B.Ed programme. Check the rest of the details regarding MKU DDE B.Ed Admission 2019 below.
MKU DDE B.Ed Admission 2019
The application process for MKU DDE B.Ed admission 2019 has been started. Candidates are advised to fill the application form before the Last date for the receipt of filled-in application which is June 14, 2019.
Application forms are attached with the information brochure or candidates can download the same from the link given below. The filled in Application Form should be submitted/sent to “The Director, Directorate of Distance Education, Madurai Kamaraj University, Palkalai Nagar, Madurai-625 021. The envelope should be superscribed as “Application for Admission to B.Ed.” Application received after the last date will not be accepted.
Application form: Click Here to download the MKU DDE B.Ed 2019 Application form.
The candidate is requested to submit the following photocopies of documents duly attested by a Gazetted Officer.
- 10th Mark Statement
- 12th Mark Statement
- Elementary Education Training Certificate
- UG Mark Statement (Consolidated / all the three year)
- UG Provisional Certificate / Degree Certificate
- PG Provisional Certificate / Degree Certificate
- Community Certificate
- Physically Handicapped (if applicable) (Visually and Orthopedically – Not less than 40%)
- Ex-Servicemen / Wards of Ex-Servicemen Certificate. (if applicable)
Application fee: Rs 1000/-
Application Submission: The candidates have to send the Application form by Regd. Post/Speed Post to The Director, Directorate of Distance Education, Madurai Kamaraj University, Palkalai Nagar, Madurai – 625 021.
Candidate must fulfil the eligibility criteria as laid down by the university. Let’s check them out.
- Trained in-service teachers in elementary education.
- Candidates who have completed a NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face-to-face mode.
- The school teachers with UG degree in the following subjects: Tamil, B.Litt., English, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Geo-Physics, Bio-Physics, Applied Physics, Electronics, Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry, Applied Chemistry, Botany, Environmental Science, Bio-Technology, Plant Biology, Zoology, Micro-Biology, History, Geography, Applied Geography, Computer Science, Computer Application and Information Technology.
- The school teachers with PG degree in Home Science, Economics and Commerce with same UG degree.
- The candidates should have undergone 11+1+3 or 10+2* +3 pattern of study
- The candidates who have passed part III under Triple Major System in UG Degree are eligible to take one of the three subjects only as optional II. The aggregate marks of all three subjects will be considered for admission.
- The candidates who have qualified in PG Degree (5 Years Integrated Course) under 10+2+5 pattern of study are eligible.
- Candidates should be currently working in schools (Primary / Middle / High School / Higher Secondary / Matriculation) in Tamil Nadu recognized by State / Central Government.
Conditions for Non Eligibility
- Candidates having a direct UG degree (without +2 qualifications) / Direct Post-Graduate degree (without +2 and UG degree) are not eligible.
- Candidates who have passed under Double Degree / Additional Degree Programme with less than three years duration are not eligible for admission.
- Those who are working in Colleges / ITI’s / Polytechnics are not eligible.
For candidates belonging to OC, BC, BC(M), MBC/DNC, SC, SC(A) ST communities, Ex-service man and handicapped (both physical and visual) will be made as per the rules and regulations of Government of Tamil Nadu. In case, enough candidates are not available in the reserved category, the seats will be allotted to Open Category.
Course fee: Rs. 18,500 per year
Recognition fee: Those who are not Madurai Kamaraj University graduates have to pay recognition fee (as detailed below) in the form of SBI- I Collect (in favour of Madurai Kamaraj University –Director DDE) at the time of admission along with the course fee
- Graduates of any other university (within India) – Rs. 250 /-
- Graduates from other countries – Rs. 1200/-
About the Programme: The programme provides opportunities for sharing experiences gained by practicing teachers. It enables in-service teachers to select and organize learning experiences according to the requirement of learners. In addition, it provides knowledge and develops in them an understanding of areas such as educational evaluation and school management
Duration: The duration of the programme is two years. A student has to complete his/her programme within 5 years.
Medium and Mode of Instruction: The medium of Instruction is English. However, the student teachers are allowed to prepare their assignments, practical records and the term end examinations either English or Tamil.
Directorate of Distance Education
For MKU DDE B.Ed Admission 2019 Information Brochure – Click Here