Mother Teresa Women’s University is situated in Kodaikanal and was established in the year 1984 enactment of Tamil Nadu Act 15. This University aims to extend its service to all the women of all communities. Therefore, it offers the option of Distance Education to the willing women candidates who want to be a part of the University and pursue their education. The application process has already been started; therefore, the candidates willing to get admission in the University must apply as per the scheduled dates. For all the relevant information regarding the admission process, the candidates need to go through the official website of the university i.e. www.motherteresawomenuniv.ac.in.
Mother Teresa Women’s University Distance Education 2019
Mother Teresa Women’s University has begun the admission process for all the Women candidates seeking admission to various courses through Distance Education. Mother Teresa Women’s University Distance Education 2019 is giving a chance to all those women candidates to receive distance education who are not able to complete their education through regular mode.
|Last Date for Submission of Filled-in Applications||31 Aug 2019|
Applications are invited from Women Candidates for the following courses offered through Distance Education mode for this Academic Year 2019-2020.
UG Courses (3 years)
- B.A. Tamil
- B.A. English
- B.A. Music
- B.A. History
PG Courses (2 years)
- M.A. English
- M.A. Tamil
- M.A. History
- M.A. Women’s Studies
Post Graduate Diploma Course (1 year) – Computer Application
Certificate Courses –
- Tamil Pandits Training
- Speed and Smart Arithematic
- English Communication
- Library Science
- Export Management
- Media Presentation
Diploma in Fashion Designing
Before applying, the interested candidates need to ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria specified by the University as given below:
|Name of the Course||Qualifying Examination|
||Passed in 12th Standard|
|B.Com.||Passed in 12th Standard with Commerce / Accountancy|
|B.C.A||Passed in 12th Standard with mathematics / Computer Science|
|BBA||Passed in 12th Standard|
|B.Sc. Mathematics||Passed in 12th Standard with Mathematics|
|B.Litt.||Passed in 12th Standard with Tamil as one subject/ S.S.L.C. with D.T.Ed.|
||Any 3 years Degree|
|M.C.A||Any 3 years Degree with Mathematics|
|M.Com||B.Com/BCS/B.Sc. with Accountancy as ancillary, B.A.Corporate, B.A. Industrical Organization (10+2+3)|
|M.Sc Computer Science/Mathematics||BCA/B.Sc. Computer Science/B.Sc.IT(10+2+3)/B.Sc. Mathematics (10+2+3)|
|Post Graduate Diploma Course – Computer Application||Any 3 years Degree|
|Diploma in Fashion Designing||Passed in 10th Standard|
|Certificate Courses –
||Passed in 10th Standard|
Eligibility conditions for B.Ed Degree Programme (2-years):
- Candidates who have completed an NCTE recognized Teacher Education Programme through face-to-face mode.
- Trained in-service teachers with D.T.Ed in any Government recognized Primary/Middle/High School/Higher Secondary/Matriculation School in Tamil Nadu
- Candidate should have successfully undergone the 10+2+3 or 11+1+3 pattern examinations in the following disciplines from a recognized University: Tamil, English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, History, Geography, Computer Science, Economics, Commerce and Home Science.
- In the case of Economics, Commerce and Home Science, the candidates who fulfill the above norms should also have studied the same subjects both at the UG and PG level.
- Rules of reservation for selection in admission as per the norms of Government of Tamil Nadu.
How to Apply
Eligible candidates need to fill the application form for the desired courses they want to pursue in. The application form along with the University Prospectus can be obtained in person from any one of the Study Centres by paying the prescribed fee for various courses as given below:
|Course||Cost of Application Form and Prospectus|
|UG Courses/PG Diploma/Diploma/Certificate Courses||Rs. 200/-|
|PG Courses||Rs. 300/-|
Application with prospectus can be had from the Office of the Director, Directorate of Distance Education, Mother Teresa Women’s University, Kodaikanal by sending an SBI Demand Draft or Online Payment Receipt in favour of The Registrar, Mother Teresa Women’s University payable at Kodaikanal.
Filled in applications shall be addressed to The Director, Directorate of Distance Education, Mother Teresa Women’s University, Kodaikanal – 624 101, Ph: 04542- 241921.
As per previous year information, the selection process for the admission in the University Distance Education will be based on firstly, filling of the application form by the candidates. Secondly, on the basis of Merit and Eligibility of the candidates for that course. Once the verification of all the important documents will be completed, the Directorate of Distance Education will confirm the admission of the applied candidates. After the successful admission, the eligible candidates will get their Identity Cards and Enrolment number. candidates will have to retain the identity until the end of the course and study material for the course will be sent to the address (given at the time of application) to the candidates.
Features of Distance Education
- Examinations will be conducted twice a year i.e. May/June for academic year enrolled candidates and December/January for Calendar year enrolled candidates.
- Candidates will require 50% passing marks for PG courses in Internal and External separately.
- Candidates will be provided with various study material, home assignments, projects, etc for theory as well as practical under academic activities.