NIIT University B.Tech. Admission 2018 Eligibility
- ≥60% marks or equivalent in Class X in five subjects (Compulsory subjects – English, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies. The fifth subject can be indicative as per applicant’s choice.). The board can be CBSE/ICSE/any other board in India or an equivalent board if from a country outside India.
- ≥60% marks in Class XII in five subjects (Compulsory subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology (PCM/PCB) & English. The fifth subject can be indicative as per applicant’s choice.). The board can be any recognized board in India or an equivalent board if from a country outside India. In case of ISC board if an applicant has taken four subjects, aggregate of four subjects will be considered.
- ≥60% marks in PCM in Class XII if opting for CSE or ECE streams, ≥60% marks in PCB or PCM or PCMB in Class XII if choosing BT and ≥60% marks in PCB in Class XII, if opting for Integrated MSc CS.
- Should be appearing in the board examination in March/April 2018 or should have the necessary mark sheets if you have appeared in 2016 or 2017.
- Should have JEE Main/BITSAT/SAT/NEET/Any other State Engineering Entrance Examination’s rank/score otherwise applicant will be required to appear in the NIIT University Engineering Test (NUET).
- Applicants, who are appearing either for the Cambridge, IGCSE examination (A Level) or International Baccalaureate (IB) with a minimum of five subjects, including Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and/or Biology, admission would be granted based on the predicted score.
- Applicant should have scored ≥ Grade 4 in IB Board or minimum grade C in Cambridge IGCSE Board
Terms and conditions
Duly completed Admission Application form must be submitted by the specified date with all the necessary documents as specified in the prospectus/admission notification along with the application fee.
Applicant must submit the fee as follows:
- Applicants should pay the balance applicable fee as per the preferred payment plan, i.e., Annual/Semester along with the refundable interest-free security deposit by June 12, 2018 or within 5 working days after receiving Admission Offer Letter whichever is later.
- The scanned copy of Acceptance Letter along with the payment details should be sent to [email protected] or couriered to Central Admissions Office/Regional Admissions Office, failing which the offer of EAD/RAD will stand withdrawn automatically.
- Admission is valid only for the programme stated in the offer letter for the academic year 2018.
- Submission of proof (with attested copy) of having passed the Class XII Board examination from any Indian Board or equivalent from abroad with minimum marks as specified and wherever applicable, the Competitive Entrance Examination scores/ranking within 5 days from the date of admission offer or June 12, 2018 whichever is earlier.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected by the University.
- Failure to adhere to any of the steps of the admission process will cause the offer of admission to be automatically withdrawn.
- The grant of admission and scholarship is based on the disclosures made by the applicant. If any disclosure is found incorrect or inaccurate later, the University may withdraw the scholarship or suspend or terminate admission or withhold the degree of the candidate.
- Admission to the University is granted at the sole discretion of the University Admission Committee
- Any attempt to influence the admission process will cause the applicant to be disqualified from participating in the admission process.