Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology, Udaipur (MPUAT) initially known as Agricultural University, Udaipur came into existence on 1st November 1999 by the division of the Rajasthan Agricultural University, Bikaner through the announcement of Government of Rajasthan Ordinance No. 6 of 1999, which in May 2000 became an Act. It offers various UG and PG courses along with the Ph.D. courses. The colleges come under this University are – Rajasthan College of Agriculture (RCA) Udaipur, College of Dairy and Food Science Technology (CDFST) Udaipur, College of Technology & Engineering (CTAE) Udaipur, College of Community and Applied Science (CCASc) Udaipur, College of Agriculture (COA) Bhilwara and College of Fisheries (CF) Udaipur. The detailed information regarding MPUAT Udaipur Admission 2019 is mentioned below.
MPUAT Udaipur Admission 2019
The courses offered by the Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology (MPUAT) are agriculture, dairy & food, engineering, fisheries, and home science. The courses are mentioned here with their respective colleges. Candidates can check below.
|College Name||Courses Offered|
|Rajasthan College of Agriculture (RCA) Udaipur||B.Sc.(Ag.)
|College of Dairy and Food Science Technology (CDFST) Udaipur||B.Tech. (D.T.)
|College of Technology & Engineering (CTAE) Udaipur||B.Tech
|College of Fisheries (CF) Udaipur||I. B.F.Sc.
|College of Community and Applied Science (CCASc) Udaipur,||B.Sc. (Home Science) Hons
|Availability of application form||20 May – 01 Jun 2019|
|Last date to submit application form for B.Sc||25 Jun 2019|
|Last date to submit application form for PhD||01 July 2019|
|Result for B.Sc||28 Jun 2019|
|B.Sc fees submission||01 – 04 Jul 2019|
|Ph.D. Counselling date||12 Jul 2019|
Application form 2019
Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology (MPUAT) Admission 2019 application form has been released. Candidates can download the application form from the official website or from the link provided below.
- Click here to download the application form for B.Sc
- Click here to download the application form for P.hD
MPUAT Udaipur Admission 2019 – Eligibility Criteria
All the candidates must ensure that they satisfy the eligibility criteria for Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology (MPUAT) Admission 2019 process. The detailed eligibility criteria as per the university guidelines are mentioned below.
- B.Sc. (Ag.)
The minimum eligibility criteria to appear in JET is that the candidate must have passed 12th of the 10+2 (Academic) scheme of examination with Agriculture / Science group of Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan or an examination declared equivalent to it with prescribed percentage of marks mentioned in the admission notification.
- M.Sc. (Ag.)
Admission to M.Sc. (Ag.) is done through a state level competitive Pre-Post Graduate (Ag.) Test. The minimum eligibility for a candidate to appear in this test is that the candidate must have passed B.Sc.(Ag.) degree examination of Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture & Technology, Udaipur or an examination declared equivalent to with 6.00/10.00 OGPA for general and 5.50/10.00 for SC/ST candidates.
- M.B.A. (Agri-Business)
Residential: The candidate must fulfill the residency requirement of Rajasthan as prescribed by the Government of Rajasthan.
Academic : Candidates with minimum qualification of Bachelor’s degree in agriculture & allied disciplines (Agricultural Engineering / Dairy Science / Dairy Technology / Food Science / Food Technology / Fisheries / Forestry / Home Science / Horticulture /Veterinary Sciences ) from any Agricultural University or Institution recognized by the ICAR / AICTE with a minimum of 60 percent marks ( 55 percent for SC /ST / OBC ) are eligible for admission in MBA (Agribusiness) programme.
- Ph.D. (Course Work):
Admission in the Ph.D. programme is on merit cum interview basis. To be eligible a candidate must have minimum overall grade point average (OGPA) of 7.00 on 10.00 point scale or equivalent percentage of marks for general candidates and 6.50/10.00 for SC/ST Candidates at Mater’s degree level in the concerned subject.
MPUAT Udaipur Admission 2019 – Admission Procedure
Candidates can take admission in the courses provided by the University through the entrance exams. Admission in M.Tech program, Ph.D. program, I. B.F.Sc. and M.F.Sc. (Aquaculture) will be based on the merit list of qualifying exam and interview. The detailed MPUAT Udaipur Admission 2019 procedure is mentioned below, Candidates can check below for the same.
- Admission to B.Sc. Ag. and M.Sc. (Ag.) courses are done through entrance examination (JET and Pre P.G. Test).
- Candidates seeking admission to B.Tech(D.T.), B.Tech(F.T.) & B.Tech (Bio-Technology) shall have to appear in the Rajasthan Pre Engineering Test (RPETAP) conducted by Technical Board, Govt. of Rajasthan. Under ICAR quota Candidates are not required to appear in the RPETAP.
- Admission in B.Tech programme is made through a common entrance examination known as State Level Pre Engineering Test (RPETEAP) which is applicable for admission in other engineering colleges of the State also. The seats are also reserved for AIEEE students from other states. The admission on 8 seats in the Agricultural Engineering discipline is made by ICAR through All India Joint Entrance Test.
- The M.Tech admission is made on the basis of All India GATE score.
- The admissions to Ph.D. programmes are made on the basis of merit/interview.
- The admissions to I. B.F.Sc. , M.F.Sc. (Aquaculture), Ph.D. (Aquaculture) are made on the basis of merit of qualifying examination. The interview will be held also in M.F.Sc. and Ph.D. admission process.
MPUAT Udaipur Admission 2019 – Counseling/Interview
All the candidates selected for admission to UG and PG programs will be required to complete all the formalities for the admission process including the payment of the required fees as and when they are allotted the seat during the counseling process. ICAR listed students are also given admission. Candidates who are coming for counseling and interview process must come prepared with the required fee in the form of a demand draft from any nationalized bank drawn in favor of Comptroller, MPUAT Udaipur, drawn at Udaipur; failing which their seats will be canceled and will be allotted to the next eligible candidate.
MPUAT Udaipur Admission 2019 – Reservation
For admission to various programmes, the reservation for different categories shall be as under:
- Scheduled Caste candidates 16%.
- Scheduled Tribe candidates 12%.
- Other Backward castes 21%.
- ICAR Seats 15 % for B.Sc. and 25% for M.Sc. Home Science through ICAR.
- Physically handicapped, defense killed and Ex-serviceman 3%.
MPUAT Udaipur Admission 2019 – General Instructions
- The new applicants shall attach attested copies of the following certificates with the application form:
- Marksheet / Transcript card of the last qualifying examination.
- Transfer Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended.
- A certificate of character from the Head of the Institution last attended.
- Other relevant documents were necessary for claiming reservation, concessions, exemption, experience, etc. as required in the application form.
- Bonafide domicile certificate, wards of employees in the State Government.
- Physical fitness certificate from Registered Medical Practitioner.
- Employer’s certificate for wards of Government employees.
- The application received incomplete in any respect will not be considered.
- The admitted students will have to submit the original certificate/documents for verification on their joining of Institutions.
- Candidates, if called for an interview, will have to bear their own expenses.
- Admission of an in-service candidate of this university will be done according to the existing rules available in the office.