NISM PGPSM 2019 – National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) is an educational institution and a public trust established in 2006 by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), the regulator of the securities markets in India. National Institute of Securities Markets has released notification for eligible candidates for admission into Post Graduate Programme in Securities Markets (PGPSM) for the academic year 2019-2020. Candidates who want to take admission in PGPSM can fill their Application Form. All the details of the application process, eligibility criteria, selection process and other information related to NISM PGPSM 2019 is given on this page.
Course Name – Post Graduate Programme in Securities Markets (PGPSM)
Duration – One-year full time
NISM PGPSM 2019
The application process for NISM PGPSM 2019 has started candidates can apply from the link provided below. Shortlisted candidates have to appear for interview process as per the schedule provided below.
|Commencement of Online Application||01 Jan 2019|
|Last date to apply|
|Selection process||08 Apr to 24 Apr 2019|
|The announcement of 1st merit list||30 Apr 2019|
|Last date for payment of fee 1st list||14 May 2019|
|The announcement of 2nd merit list||17 May 2019|
|Last date for payment of fee 2nd merit list||30 May 2019|
|Student Arrival of campus||02 Jun 2019|
|Commencement of the programme||03 Jun 2019|
Application Form 2019
An online application form is available at www.nism.ac.in. The application form captures the personal details, academic qualifications, professional experiences and other information essential for the selection process. Interested candidates may apply by filling the application form online. NISM does not offer any offline mode for the application. The last date to fill the application form is May 15, 2019
The application fee is Rs. 1000 and is non-refundable. The fee can be paid by credit card, debit card, net banking or cash deposit. All application fee payment-related information is provided in the online application form.
- is Rs. 1000.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Securities Markets) [PGDM (SM)] is Rs. 2000.
The candidates would be shortlisted for the next round based on the information provided in their application forms.
- The application form contains five sections (including ‘Instructions’)
- The mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk (*)
- Instructions are provided across various fields throughout the application form
- Only completely filled application forms will be considered for admission
- A copy of your application form would be sent to your email on submission
- In case of multiple submissions, only your last submission will be considered
- The application form does not have a provision to save and resume later. Keep all information handy before starting to fill the form
- The application fee is Rs. 1000/- and is non-refundable
- The applicant, if shortlisted, will be provided with a link to pay the application fee by email
- Graduate in any discipline with a minimum of 60% marks from a University recognized by UGC or equivalent under 10+2+3 stream. In addition to the above, candidates should fulfill at least one of the following three requirements.
- Minimum 2 years of full-time work experience, or
- Post Graduate in any discipline with a minimum of 60% marks from a University recognized by UGC, or
- Has completed at least intermediate level or 2nd Level, of any of the professional qualifications like CA, CMA, CS, or CFA (offered by the CFA Institute).
Age – There is no age limit for pursuing PGPSM. However, applicants less than 30 years of age as on the date of application are preferred.
National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) will publish the merit list of Post Graduate Programme in Securities Markets (PGPSM). Candidates can check it through the official website or through the direct link provided below.
Shortlisted candidates for interview
NISM will declare a list of shortlisted candidates for interview in particular locations. An email regarding the interview is sent to the registered email id of the shortlisted candidates. Candidates are required to carry the following at the time of interview:-
- A Copy of your Short-list Email
- A proof of identity (any of the government issued identity cards)
- A proof of your employment (employer identity card)
- Entrance exam score card
Essay Writing and Personal Interview
The shortlisted candidates in stage I will be called for essay writing and personal interviews.
The essay writing is a non-elimination round and the topics would be announced at the venue. The candidates are advised to be familiar with the recent developments in the world on business to perform well in the essay writing.
The candidates are required to produce the following documents in original, for verification, at the time of interview:
- Proof of Identity (PAN / Voter ID / Driving License / Passport / College or Employer Identity Card – current and valid)
- Proof of Age (Birth Certificate / Class 10 or 12 mark sheet / School Leaving Certificate)
- Graduation / Post Graduation Certificate issued by the University / Institute*
- Statement of marks of Graduation / Post Graduation examination issued by the University / Institute*
- Experience Certificate from the employer, if applicable
*Candidates who are students in their final year of graduation or post graduation may produce the statement of marks till the pre-final year.
The candidates should also submit self-attested photocopies of the above-mentioned documents at the time of interview.
All expenses related to application or attending interviews shall be borne by the candidates. The institute will not bear or reimburse any expenditure in this regard.
The final selection of the candidate will be based on the following parameters totaling to 100:
a) Academic Qualification / Performance -20%
b) Work Experience – 20%
The announcement of applicants short-listed for the interview will be declared soon.
Provisional admission would be offered to selected candidates who are in their final year of graduation/post graduation. Such candidates are required to produce their course completion certificates before the commencement of the second term, failing which their admission shall be canceled.
Sponsored candidates are employees of eligible organizations, whose applications are forwarded through their respective employers. The employers should furnish an undertaking to grant study leave to the candidates and also undertake to bear the fees. The eligible organizations include:
- Government Departments / Public Sector Undertakings
- Public Companies or Trusts registered with SEBI
- Banks / NBFCs recognized by RBI
- Insurance Companies / Intermediaries recognized by IRDA
The total programme fee is Rs 5,07,400/- (Rupees Five Lakh Seven Thousand Four Hundred only) for the first year. The break-up of the fee is as under:
|Particulars||Fee Amt (Rs)|
|Books, Study Material and Case studies||20,000|
|GST @ 18%||77,400|
|Contribution to Alumni Association Fund||2,000|
The participants would be provided with personal copies of prescribed textbooks essential for various courses. The participants are expected to possess personal notebooks or laptops while attending classes. The participants shall purchase notebooks or laptops on their own.
The participants are required to pay refundable deposits, subject to terms and conditions, as detailed below:
|Particulars||Fee Amt (Rs.)|
|Hostel Room Deposit||10000|
The deposits are refundable subject to adjustment of any dues from the students.
Official Website: www.nism.ac.in
For complete details regarding NISM PGPSM Admission 2019 check – Prospectus