Vinayaka Missions University Ph.D Admission 2020 – Vinayaka Missions University has released notification for admission in Full Time / Part Time Ph.D Programme. Candidates who have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body are eligible to apply. The complete details of Vinayaka Missions University Ph.D. Admission 2020 such as application form, eligibility criteria, selection process etc. are given below.
Vinayaka Missions University Ph.D Admission April 2020
Vinayaka Missions University offers admission to the Full Time / Part Time Ph.D. Programme. Admissions will be done for the Following Research programmes for the session April 2020. Candidate can check the Important date pertaining to Vinayaka Missions University Ph.D. Admission April 2020 from the schedule table provided below.
|Availability of Application Form||to be announced|
|Last Date to apply||to be announced|
|Entrance Test||26 Aug 2020|
|Interview for Engineering & Tech, Management, Arts & Science,|
Dentistry, Physiotherapy, Pharmacy and Nursing
|26 Aug 2020|
|Interview for Medicine||27 Aug 2020|
|Selected Candidate list release date||28 Aug 2020|
|Selected Candidate are required to pay the fee on||31 Aug 2020|
Vinayaka Missions University Ph.D Admission April 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Ph.D (Full-time / Part-time)
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme should have a Master‟s degree or a Professional degree declared equivalent to the Master‟s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade „B‟ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- For admission into Ph.D in Medicine: the candidates with 2 years M.Sc., Medicinal subjects are not eligible.
- Candidates with M.Phil.degree, having at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade „B‟ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system isfollowed) and a person whose M. Phil. Dissertation has been evaluated and the viva – voce is pending may also be admitted to the Ph. D. programme.
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme.
Note: A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master‟s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% in the entrance test to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
Duration of the programme
- Full Time
- For all Disciplines except Medicine
A minimum period of 3 years and a maximum of 6 years. (Minimum duration may be reduced by 1 year if the M. Phil Degree relates to the Ph. D. field of Research ) and candidates are exempted from Pre-Ph.D. Written Examinations.
Minimum of 2 years for M. D / M.S ./ P. G. / Diploma and three years for candidates with M. Sc. (Medical Subjects) and maximum of 4 and 6 years respectively.
2. Part Time
- For all Disciplines except Medicine
A minimum period of 4 years and a maximum of 8 years. (Minimum duration may be reduced by 1 year if the M. Phil Degree relates to the Ph. D. field of Research) and candidates are exempted from Pre-Ph. D. Written Examinations
Minimum of 3 years for M. D/ M.S. / P. G./ Diploma and 4 years for candidates with M. Sc. (Medical Subjects) and maximum of 6 and 8 years respectively
VMU Ph.D Application Form 2020
Candidates are requested to go through the list of vacancies available and approach the Institution and the Department as per their convenience and choice. They can have discussions with the available Supervisors about doing the Ph.D. Programme in the areas of their interest and the resources available. A link to download the Application Form for Vinayaka Missions University Ph.D. Admission April 2020 will also be provided here on this page.
Step by step Application process
- The application can be downloaded from the official website vinayakamission.com or from the link above.
- Duly filled in the application has to be forwarded by the Head of the Department and the Head of the Institution, where the candidate intends to do research.
- In addition to the above, the application is to be signed by the employer of the candidate, for applying to part-time Ph.D. programme.
- The completely filled in application along with a DD of Rs.1,000/- as application fee (DD drew in favor of “VMU Ph.D. a/c” payable at Salem) by superscribing on the envelope “Application for admission into Ph.D programme in ______________” must be sent on or before March 24, 2020 to the following address:
Vinayaka Mission‟s Research Foundation (DU)
Sankari Main Road (NH-47)
Ariyanoor, Salem – 636 308, Tamilnadu
Phone: 0427 3987000
- On the backside of the Demand Draft the candidate should write his/her Name, Application fee.T he fees once remitted by the candidates will not be refunded.
- The University will not take any responsibility for the non-receipt of applications in time.
Vinayaka Missions University Ph.D Admission April 2020 Examination Pattern
The entrance examination will be of two parts
Part 1: 10.00 am – 11.30 am: Written Examination for a maximum of 70 marks.
- MCQ of 70 questions of 1 mark each.
- Questions from the concerned subjects of PG Degree level.
- Candidates who secure 50% in the written test shall be eligible for interview.
Part 2: Interview / Viva-Voce-for 30 marks
- The eligible candidates will be intimated to appear on a Specified date within two weeks of time from the date of Entrance examination.
- Oral presentation by the candidate, either on paper or across the table or on board (No power-point presentation) in front of a panel of subject experts for about 10 -20 minutes on any topic of candidate‟s choice, preferably in the chosen area of research.
Areas of Research
a) Faculty of Arts & Science: Ph.D. (Full-time / Part-time) Biochemistry, Chemistry, Computer Science, Environmental Science, English, Mathematics, Physics, Zoology.
b) Faculty of Commerce & Management: Ph.D (Full-time / Part-time)
c) Faculty of Dentistry: Ph.D (Full-time / Part-time) Oral Medicine & Radiology, Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry, Periodontia, Periodontics, Prosthodontics.
d) Faculty of Engineering & Technology: Ph.D. (Full-time / Part-time)Bioinformatics, Biomedical Engineering, Bio Engineering, Biotechnology, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering.
e) Faculty of Homoeopathy : Ph.D (Full-time / Part-time)
f) Faculty of Medicine : Ph.D (Full-time / Part-time) Anatomy, Anaesthesia, Biochemistry (Medical), Community Medicine, Dermatology, ENT, General Medicine, General Surgery, Microbiology (Medical), OG, Ophthalmology, Orthopeadics, Pathology, Pharmacology(Medical), Physiology (Medical), Paediatrics.
g) Faculty of Pharmacy: Ph.D (Full-time / Part-time) Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy, Pharmacy Practice.
Vinayaka Missions University Ph.D Admission April 2020 Fee Structure
Fee Structure provided below is as per last year based and for reference purpose.
|Registration fee||Rs. 10,000/-|
|Tuition fee||Rs. 50, 000/ year (Fee concession of Rs. 20, 000 for|
|Methodology exam fee||Rs. Rs. 5, 000/paper|
|Synopsis submission fee||Rs. 10, 000/-|
|Thesis submission fee||Rs. 15,000/-|
|Viva – Voce examination fee||Rs. 10, 000/-|
|Time extension fee||Rs. 10, 000/6 months|
|Change of guide request from the student||Rs. 5, 000(one time only)|
|Fees for Provisional + Transfer cum Migration + Degree Certificate||Rs. 10, 000/-|
Click here to download Vinayaka Missions University Ph.D. Admission April 2020 Entrance Test Notice.
For complete details regarding Vinayaka Missions University Ph.D Admission April 2020 check-previous year Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.