VIT University has released the application for VITREE 2019 (July Session) – The slot booking and admit card downloading process of VIT Research Entrance Test for admission into Ph.D / Integrated Ph.D research programmes has started. The VIT University had released the application form for VITREE 2019. Candidates who will be shortlisted on the basis of the VITREE 2019 – VIT Research Entrance Test, will be called for interview. get complete details on VITREE 2019 from below.
- Integrated Ph.D
VIT University has released the application for admission to the Ph.D / Integrated Ph.D programmes. Candidates who are willing to take admission to following programmes should fill and submit the application before the last date. Candidates are advised to read carefully eligibility criteria and other related details before submitting the form.
Schedule for VITREE 2019 (July Session) is given below.
|Last date for submitting online applications & hard copy||22 May 2019|
|Date of Written Examination||01 & 02 Jun 2019|
|Date of interview (at respective campus of choice)||22 Jun 2019|
|Result (tentative)||05 Jul 2019|
|Reporting to the Dean/Director concerned school to select guide & payment fee at their campus of choice||19 Jul 2019|
Note: The timings for written examination across various centres in India are 10:00 am–12:00 noon & 02:30 pm–04:30 pm.
VITREE Admit Card 2019
VIT University has released the admit card for VIT Research Entrance Test for admission into Ph.D./Integrated Ph.D. research programs. Candidates who submitted the complete application form before the last date now able to download the admit card from the official website or the direct link which is provided below.
Admit Card: Click here to book your slot and download the admit card.
Steps to download the VITREE Admit Card 2019
- Visit the direct link provided on this page.
- A new window will open, you will find the title “Candidate Login”
- Now enter Application No and Date of Birth on the space provided.
- Click on the “Continue” button.
- Check the details carefully.
- Save the file and take a print out of it.
VITREE Application Form 2019
Online Application process for VITREE 2019 – VIT Research Entrance Test has been started at www.vit.ac.in as per the schedule given above. The direct link to apply is also available on this page below.
- Application Cost Rs. 1200 Only through Online mode (Net banking / Debit card / Credit card).
Application Cost will not be refunded under any circumstance.
How to Fill Online Application Form?
Stage 1: New User Registration
- Enter all the relevant details carefully.
- A password will be sent from VIT to your registered mobile no. and email id.
Stage 2: Confirmation of password
- Login to registered user with the email address and password received from VIT.
Stage 3: Filling Online application form
- Provide all relevant details carefully, before submission.
- An application number will be generated after submission.
Stage 4: Mode of payment
- Application Cost Rs. 1200 Only through Online mode (Net banking / Debit card / Credit card).
- Application Cost will not be refunded under any circumstance.
Stage 5: Photo & Signature Upload
- Passport size colour photograph (3.5 cm X 4.5 cm) in jpg / jpeg format with a maximum file size of 200 KB.
- Signature of the candidate (Dimension: 6 cm (width) X 2 cm height) in jpg / jpeg format with a maximum file size of 200 KB.
- Selfie photo is not allowed.
For Ph.D. in Engineering:
- Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology in the relevant discipline with a first class or a minimum of 60% marks/CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University/Institute does not award any class. or
- Equivalent qualifications like M.Sc. (Engineering) / M.S. [By Research.] / M.Tech [by Research].
For Ph. D in Sciences : Master’s degree in the relevant discipline of Science with a first class (or a minimum of 60% marks/CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University/ Institute does not award any class).
For Ph. D in Languages: Master’s degree with a minimum of 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA
For Ph. D in Management: Master in Business Administration or M.E./ M.Tech. with a first class or a minimum of 60% marks/CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University/Institute does not award any class.
For Ph.D. in Law: Master’s Degree in law (LLM/ML) from any recognized University/Institute, in the relevant field with a minimum of 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA.
For Ph. D in Fashion Technology: M.Tech./M.E./M.Fashion Tech/M.S.[By Research]/M.Tech[By Research] in the field of Textile/Textile Engineering/Fibre Science/Textile Chemical Processing / Fashion / Apparel / Garment with a first class or a minimum of 60% marks/CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University/Institute does not award any class.
Integrated Ph.D : For Integrated Ph.D in Engineering / Technology
- Bachelor’s Students with outstanding academic record in the Bachelor’s degree in engineering technology disciplines of Bio-Technology / Electronics, with an aptitude towards advanced scientific and technological research are eligible to apply.
- A minimum of 80% marks or a CGPA of 8.0 is mandatory. Candidates who are appearing for the final examination can also apply provided they meet all the requirements before admission.
VITREE Exam Pattern 2019
For Ph.D candidates: The question paper will have 100 MCQs (Technical – 70 questions; English communication skills – 15 questions; Statistics and probability – 15 questions).
Integrated Ph.D candidates: The objective type question paper will have 100 MCQs (Technical – 80 questions; English communication skills – 20 questions).
Instructions Pertaining to Conduct of Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Candidate is expected to arrive at the examination hall at least 1 hour before the commencement of examination, with Admit Card ( hard copy). If the candidate does not report on time, they are likely to miss the general instructions given in Exam Hall.
- A candidate who does not possess the admit card issued by VIT shall not be permitted to attend exam under any circumstances.
- Candidate will not be permitted to enter into examination hall after 10.15 am / 2.45 pm.
- Candidate is instructed to complete Registration Process with the help of Hall Invigilators.
- Candidate will be allotted a computer system by Hall Invigilator to attend the Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Candidate is not permitted to carry any text material (printed / written), slide rulers, log tables, electronic watches with facility of calculator, mobile phones or any other electronic devices.
- Candidate should bring a pencil or pen to carry out any rough calculations . A scratch pad will be provided.
- Test will start exactly at the time specified in Admit Card and an announcement will be made by Hall Invigilator to start and stop the exam.
- During the exam process, the hall Invigilator can request the admit card for verification of the candidate.
- Exam comprises Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) with question number and the time left for the exam to be completed appearing at the top center of computer screen.
- Under any circumstances, the candidate will not be permitted to take an extra time, unless and otherwise permitted by the Center Superintendents.
- For each question, candidate should select the right option using the mouse.
- Candidate will not be permitted to leave the exam hall until the completion of the exam.
- Candidates are requested to keep the Admit Card safely with them and bring it during the Admission Process. Candidate should produce it on demand.
Instructions Regarding Test Slot Booking
- VITREE 2019 test slot booking is a web based online scheduling system.
- Once the candidate submits the online application, the candidate will receive an e-mail (as per the id specified in the VITREE 2019 online application form) with a website link and the corresponding login credentials (user id & password).
- Candidates are required to check the VIT website (www.vit.ac.in) on a regular basis for any important updates.
- The online test slot booking will be opened during the last week of May 2019 and the exact date will be announced in VIT Website.
- Candidates can then login to the link, choose from the available options on test schedule (date & time), test center and book the test slot.
- The slot booking will be done on first-come-first-serve basis, subject to the availability of slots / seats.
- A slot once booked cannot be changed. Requests for change of date, slot or test center will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- In case of non availability of slots in a center of choice, the candidates may choose to book a slot in another nearly center of his / her choice.
- It is the responsibility of the candidates to book their test schedule for VITREE -2019 in the given time frame. VIT will not be held accountable for the non booking of test slot by the candidate.
- A confirmation mail will be automatically sent to the e-mail address of the candidate, who has booked his/her schedule through the VITREE -2019 booking system.
The exam centres where the written test will be held are as follows.
- New Delhi
The selection process is listed below.
- Applicants for Integrated Ph.D, M.Tech. (By Research) & Ph.D should send a copy of application along with necessary enclosures and a research proposal containing the name of the candidate, Field of Research, Proposed Title of the work, Research Problem, Scientific Background, Research Gap, Novel, Objectives, Methodology, Research time Plan (Chart) and Possible outcome. This will also be assessed for selection.
- The applicants who satisfy the criteria prescribed, shall appear for VITREE-2019 to be held in various cities. The candidates will be called for counseling at the campus of their choice. The selected candidates will be intimated and they should report in the appropriate campus to select a guide and to complete the admission process.
Vellore Institute of Technology will release the list of selected candidates for the Ph.D. / Int Ph.D admission. Candidates can check the result of selection by providing Application No and Date of Birth through the link which will be provided below when available.
Shortlisted Candidates for Interview
Vellore Institute of Technology will release the list of shortlisted candidates for interview after the successful completion of entrance examination for VIT Research Entrance Test. For appearing in the interview candidate will have to download the call letter for the same. Call letter for Interview will be published on the VIT official website and link for the same will also be provided below. Candidate can download call letter for appearing in the interview from the link which will be provided below.
VITREE Result 2019
VIT University will declare the result of VITREE 2019 on the official page. Candidates will able to check their result from the official website of VIT. The candidates who will clear their exam successfully will able to check the result. The admission will be based on this result.
For the sake of the candidates we are providing the VITREE 2019 fee structure below.
|Programme||Caution Deposit (Rs.)||Tuition Fee (Rs.)||Thesis Fee (Rs.)*|
|Ph.D. Internal Full Time||3000||40,000||10,000|
|Ph.D. External part Time (Teachers) #||3000||60,000||10,000|
|Ph.D. External part Time (Industry) #||3000||75,000||10,000|
|* – One time Payment while submitting the Thesis||# – External Part Time Category available
only in Chennai Campus, VIT-AP and VIT-Bhopal
Official Website: www.vit.ac.in
For More Information Regarding VITREE 2019 – Download Information Brochure