Amrita School of Communication annually conducts the Communication Aptitude Test. This entrance test is a gateway for candidates who wish to get admission into the 3 year B.A Mass Communication programme, 2 year M.A Communication programme and Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism (PGDJ) offered by the university. The entrance test is held at the Ettimadai campus of Amrita University. The admission procedure for the department of communication of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore is expected to commence from November. Candidates who wish to take admission in the undergraduate and postgraduate communication courses offered by the university can get complete details about the exam on this page.
Amrita University Mass Communication and Journalism Entrance Exam 2018
The table below comprises of the important events and their expected schedules. This information is as per the previous year’s official notification. This information will be updated as soon as the official information for 2018 is released by the university. Candidates can refer to the table below to keep a track of events.
|Last date for Online Registration|
|CAP Test||05 May 2018 & 08 Jun 2018|
|Admit Card release||08 May 2018|
|Publication of Results and Selection List||14 May 2018|
|Personal Interview||10 & 11 May 2018|
|Last Date for Submitting the Fees||21 May 2018|
- B.A Mass Communication
- M.A in Communication
- PG Diploma in Journalism (PGDJ)
- Ph.D in Communication
Candidates are advised to go through the information released officially by the university to ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility norms laid down by the university. We have listed a few criterias for both the undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered by the university for the reference of the candidates.
B. A. Mass Communication
- Candidates should have cleared their 10+2 examination with an aggregate of minimum 50% marks or they should have any equivalent qualification that is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi.
- Candidates who have completed their education from foreign universities should obtain an Equivalence Certificate from the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi. Visit www.aiuweb.org, for applying online for Equivalence Certificate.
Candidates will be granted admissions in the undergraduate communication courses once they have successfully appeared and cleared the stages listed below.
- Communication Aptitude Test – CAPTEST (Entrance Exam)
- Personal Interview (PI)
M.A. in Communication and P.G. Diploma in Journalism (P.G.D.J.)
- Candidates must have cleared their graduation examination or have completed their education in the 10+2+3 system from any discipline recognized by the Association of Indian Universities. Candidates must have cleared their qualifying examination with an minimum aggregate of 50% marks.
- Candidates who have completed their education from the foreign universities are required to obtain an Equivalence Certificate from the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi.
Candidates will be granted admission in the post graduate courses offered by the university once they have successfully appeared and cleared the stages listed below
- CAPTEST (Entrance Exam)
- Group Discussion (GD)
- Personal Interview (PI)
Note: Candidates who have scored more than 70% aggregate marks during the first two years of their degree will be exempted from the CAPTEST. However, they will have to appear for personal interview round.
Application Form 2018
The application for the admission in both the undergraduate as well as the postgraduate courses has been available in the online mode on the official website. The submission of the application form is however in the offline mode. Candidates will have to send the duly filled application form along with the necessary documents and the application fees before the last scheduled date to register themselves successfully for the examination.
Instructions for filling up the Application Form
Candidates are requested to keep the following details in mind while applying for Amrita University Mass Communication and Journalism Entrance Exam 2018.
- Candidates are requested not to submit Multiple applications. As, the multiple application forms submitted by the candidates will be rejected.
- Students are required to send the DD along with the application form. An application form without a demand draft with automatically be rejected.
- Once the application form is finally submitted by the candidate change in the application form data is not allowed.
- Eligible candidates will be allowed to appear for the test only after the production of original mark sheets for verification
Checklist for Document Submission for CAPTEST
The list below comprises of all the documents that the candidate has to submit along with their application form to successfully complete their registration procedure.
- Candidates will have to firstly submit their duly filled application form
- 2 recent passport size Photographs
- The candidates are also required to submit attested photocopies of
- 10th and 12th Std Mark Sheets if applying for the B.A. courses.
- 10th and 12th Std Mark Sheets and Mark Sheets for all semesters of the Bachelor’s programme if applying for M.A courses.
- 10th T.C (if applicable)
- Community Certificate (if applicable)
CAPTEST is an aptitude test designed to evaluate students based on their interest, aptitude and potential for adapting to a professional communication course. The sections in the CAPTEST question paper differ according to the discretion of the CAPTEST examiners. However, the topics covered always include Current Affairs, Logical Reasoning and English Grammar.
Previous year CAPTEST Model Question Paper is given below.
|B.A Mass Communication||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|
|M.A Mass Communication/P.G Diploma in Journalism||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|