GKCIET Admission 2020: Entrance Exam for GKCIET Admission 2020 has been postponed due to the extension of lockdown in country. To appear in the GKCIET entrance test 2020, candidates first have to fill the application form from the official website gkciet.ac.in. The last date to fill the Application Form GKCIET Admission 2020 had been extended. GKCIET is a national level examination which is being conducted every year at the allotted exam center. It grants admissions in the Diploma Courses of 3 years duration in Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Technology, Electrical Engineering, Food Processing Technology, and Mechanical Engineering. The candidates can check all the important dates, eligibility criteria, syllabus, exam pattern, and more details on GKCIET Admission 2020 from the article below.
– GKCIET 2020 Provisional Admission Notice has been released. Click here to check the Notice.
– GKCIET has released the rank list for Admission into Diploma Programs (CE, CST, EE, FPT and ME). Click here to check it.
GKCIET Admission 2020
The GKCIET entrance test (GET 2020) is applicable for the candidates from other States excluding West Bengal. All the admissions would be made on the basis of the merit determined by the Institute. The important schedule regarding GKCIET Admission 2020 is given below table.
|Commencement of online registration||02 Mar 2020|
|Last day for registration by email|
|Last Date for Receiving the Application Form by Post|
|Admission Portal Re-open||19 Aug – 10 Sep 2020|
|Declaration of Admit Card|
|Declaration of Result|
|Issued Rank Card|
13 Jul 2020
27 Jul 2020
GKCIET Admission 2020 Application Re-open
The admission portal has been re-opened on August 19 and will remain live till 5:00 PM of September 10, 2020. Check the notice-
Click here to download the Notice
GKCIET Admission 2020 Exam Postponement Notice
Due to extension of lock down around the country the university has postponed the exam. Candidate can check the Notice from below.
GKCIET Admission 2020 Last Date to fill Extended Notice
The last date to submit the application form by email and by post has been extended up to June 08 and June 15, 2020. Candidates can check from below provided details.
Click here to download GKCIET Admission 2020 Last Date to fill Extended Notice
GKCIET Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for admission into each course available in Ghani Khan Choudhury Institute of Engineering & Technology (GKCIET) along with the entrance test is given below. Those who do not fulfill them, will, unfortunately, not get their seats booked in the same.
- Candidates must be an Indian Citizen and medically fit as well.
- The minimum qualification for admission to the Diploma Programs is Matric (10th Std.) pass or its equivalent examination with English, Physical Science/Science (Physics & Chemistry) and Mathematics from a State Secondary Education Board/CBSE/ICSE/National Open School or equivalent securing at least 35% marks (no rounding up) in aggregate as per AICTE norms excluding marks of the subjects taken as additional.
- The candidates appeared/appearing in secondary or equivalent examination in 2020 with English, Physical Science/ Science (Physics & Chemistry) and Mathematics may also apply conforming to the benchmark of 35% marks (no rounding up) in aggregate excluding marks of the subjects taken as additional at the time of counseling, failing which candidature will be cancelled.
- Should not be born after 1 July 2005 and there is no upper age limit.
GKCIET Admission 2020 Application Form
The application form to appear in the GKCIET Entrance Test 2020 is released on the official website. Candidates can fill the form through online mode. The first step would be to prepare a demand draft in favour of the University. Then download the application form which is going to be released on the official website. Candidates have to fill the required details in the downloaded form and paste the coloured passport size photograph. Afterward, submit the hard copy of the form, DD and other required documents by posting it to University’s address. Keep photocopies of the Application Form and Demand Draft & original bank receipt of the Draft for future reference. The university will automatically reject forms with missing information.
Candidates have to pay the prescribed application fee after filling the application form. There is a payment gateway for the appearing candidates and that is the Demand Draft (DD) which has to be issued in favour of “Accounts Officer, GKCIET, Malda” payable at Malda.
|SC / ST||Rs 500/-|
|PwD||No application fee charged for such candidates|
GKCIET Admission 2020 Admit Card
The University issues the admit card to only those candidates who have successfully filled the GET 2020 application form online. The allotted Admit Card would be sent through an e-mail to the individual eligible candidate and can also be available by filing a request to the University’s official email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates can also get it by hand from the Institute Office after receiving the hard copy of the Application Form and Demand Draft by the office for the GET 2020. The photograph of the candidate in the downloaded admit card is to be authenticated by the Head Master of the last school attended / Gazetted officer.
GKCIET Admission 2020 Exam Pattern
Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
Duration of Exam: 02 Hours.
Marking Schemes: 01 mark shall be awarded for every correct answer. 0.25 (1/4) marks for each wrong answer will be deducted from the marks obtained for correct answers.
Number of Question: 100 (In both Paper 1 & 2)
For Paper 1
- Total Questions: 50
- Language: English
- Sections: Mathematics(50)
For Paper 2
- Total Questions: 50
- Language: English
- Sections: Physics and Chemistry (25 marks for Physics and 25 marks for Chemistry)
GKCIET Admission 2020 Exam Centre
Candidates check the exam center for the GET 2020. In case any center has been opted by less than 150 applicants then such circumstance center shall be cancelled and the candidates allotted the nearest center or Malda. The list of exam center as following:
GKCIET Admission 2020 Result
Candidates who will appear in the entrance examination for Diploma Programs will be able to check their result as the result will be sent through email as provided by the candidates. All admissions will be made on the merit determined for admission by the Institute. The result will be available in the online mode. The hard copy of the same would also be sent through the post at the aspirant’s address. The Institute would not communicate the result to any individual candidate and also, no rank card is going to be issued for the same.
GKCIET Admission 2020 Counselling
The exact schedule of counseling and number of candidates called will be displayed on the website of the Institute namely, gkciet.ac.in. The process of counseling will commence tentatively in June-July, 2020. No separate Call Letters will be sent to the candidates for attending Counseling. However, if a candidate fails to attend counseling in time due to any reason, s/he may appear in the next available counseling (if any). Such candidate will have to keep track of the next available counseling schedule which will be available on the Institute website. His/her claims in such subsequent counseling in which s/he may participate may be considered in accordance with his/her merit/choice and availability of seats in a particular trade/branch/specialization during the said subsequent counseling.
GKCIET Admission 2020 Merit List
For admission in Diploma programs, a common merit list shall be prepared and the candidates will be allotted trade/branch/specialization as per his/her merit and choice and the availability of seats in the said trade/branch/specialization of the program. The list of qualified candidates will be displayed on the Institute website, i.e., gkciet.ac.in only.
Here, we have enlisted some important pointer for the admission procedure which have to be followed by the appearing candidates.
- Prepare a Demand Draft (DD) as application fee of Rs 1000/- (in case of SC/ST candidates Rs 500/- & no application fee for candidates applying under PWD category) in favour of “Accounts Officer, GKCIET, Malda” payable at Malda.
- Log on to the website of GKCIET at http://www.gkciet.ac.in and follow the heading: GKCIET Entrance Test (GET-2020)
- Download word file (.docx) of the Application Form for GET-2020, fill the form in .docx format and take printout of the filled-in form Or Print the Application Form and fill the form. Please do not change the format of Application Form.
- Paste photograph and put signature (s) in the appropriate places in the form.
- MANDATORY FOR EACH CANDIDATE: Send scan copy of the application, supporting documents & Demand Draft/DD to the e-mail ID: email@example.com immediately after filling up the Application Form.
- Submit hard copy of the duly filled-in Application Form along with selfattested supporting documents & Demand Draft (original) by post (preferably by speed Post) or hand delivery to the Member Secretary, Admission Committee/GET-2020, Ghani Khan Choudhury Institute of Engineering & Technology, Narayanpur, Malda-732 141, West Bengal, India. Institute will not be responsible for any late receipt of the Application Form. Submission of hard copy of the Application Form is mandatory along with self-attested supporting documents and Demand Draft, else the candidature will be cancelled automatically. Page 6 of 10
- Keep photo copies of the Application Form and Demand Draft & original bank receipt of the Demand Draft for future reference.
GKCIET Admission 2020 Seat Matrix
Candidates can see the seat division as per the branches offered by the University. The seat intake of Ghani Khan Choudhury Institute of Engineering and Technology in an academic programme such as Diploma (3 Years).
|Name of the course||Seats Intake|
|Computer Science &|
GKCIET Fee Structure
The Fee structure for 3-year Diploma program of the academic year of 2020-202. Candidates can check the below the image.
Official Website: gkciet.ac.in
For more details on GKCIET GET 2020, download official brochure 2020 Information brochure
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.