AIM conducts two-year full time residential MBA programme. The admission to AIMK through the Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management. CAT is the first step in the process for seeking admission to AIMK. Based on the performance in CAT, candidates will be called for Group Discussion & Personal Interview (GD/PI) to be conducted by AIMK at Kolkata. Final merit list is drawn up based on the candidate’s performance in CAT & GD/PI.
Latest – Application From for Army Institute of Management, Kolkata MBA Admission 2017 is now available. Check below.
Management courses offered at Army Institute of Management
Course Name: MBA
Schedule for Army Institute of Management, Kolkata MBA Admission 2017 is given below.
|Registration for CAT 2016||08 Aug – 27 Sep 2016|
|CAT Test Date||04 Dec 2016|
|Application form available from||15 Dec 2016 onwards|
|Last date for sale & submission of application form||15 Jan 2017|
|GD and PI||Mar 2017|
|Intimation of successful candidates through email||2nd week of Apr 2017 or earlier|
|Beginning of new session||2nd week of Jul 2017|
Application Form – Available
Application Form for Army Institute of Management, Kolkata MBA Admission 2017 is available now. Candidates can now download the application form from the official website or by a direct link which is given below.
Candidates desirous of seeking admission to AIM, Kolkata can obtain the Information Brochure ‘Prospectus’ for MBA programme from the Admission Office, AIM, Kolkata by hand by sending their requisition along with a demand draft for Rs. 750/- for Army wards and Rs. 850/- for General category in favour of ‘Director AIM’ payable at Kolkata. Rs. 50/- is to be added. if the Information Brochure/Prospectus is required by post. The application can also be downloaded from the AIM. Kolkata website www.aim.ac.in as per the schedule given above.
Information Brochure / Prospectus will also be available at the following locations:
- Army Welfare Education Society(AWES). Adjutant General’s Branch. Integrated Headquarters MOD (Army). Building No 202. ShankarVihar. Delhi Cantonment, New Delhi – 110010.
- AWES Cells (HQ. Southern Command, HQ Eastern Command. HQ Western Command and Ho Central Command).
The minimum qualification for admission to MBA programme is 3 years Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from any university recognized by the Association of Indian Universities. Candidates of current batch who would be completing all requirements for the Bachelor’s Degree by 30 June 2017 may also apply. Such candidates. if selected, will be admitted provisionally and will be required to produce evidence to establish their eligibility by 31 August 2017, failing which they will be dropped from the programme.
Eligibility for ex-Army Category : – The admission to the AWES Professional Colleges is for the children of eligible serving Army personnel. eligible ex-Army personnel and war widows of the Army. The children of following categories of Army personnel are eligible and they are required to submit the relevant certificate as given against the category applicable to them as proof of their eligibility for admission to AWES Professional Colleges along with the Application Form.
The applicants must fall into one of the following categories:-
- Children of serving Army personnel with minimum 10 years continuous service in theArmy (Submit Certificate No 1).
- Children of ex-Army personnel granted! awarded regular pension, liberalized family pension, family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation. demise. discharge. release medical board/ invalided medical board. This includes wards of recruits medically boarded out and granted disability pension. (Submit Certificate No 1).
- Children of ex-Army personnel who have taken discharge or released after ten years of service. (Submit Certificate No 1).
Adopted/Step Children and Children of Remarried Widows
- Adopted Child of Army personnel if adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission. (Submit Certificate No 2).
- Step Children are eligible provided they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army who is otherwise eligible. (Submit Certificate No 2).
Eligibility Criteria in Special Cases
- Eligibility Criteria for Children of ex-Army Medical Corps Officers/Army Dental Corps Officers Presently Sewing with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force (INIIAF). Children of only those ex-Army Medical officers/Army Dental Corps officers presently serving with Indian Navy/Indian Air Force who have served with the Army for at least 10 years. (Submit Certificate No 3).
Eligibility Criteria for Children ofAPSIMNS/T A Personnel (Submit Certificate No 3)
- Children of APS personnel classified as ex-servicemen as per Government of India. Ministry of Defence letter No 9 (52)/88/D(Res) dated 19 Jul 1989.
- Children of those APS personnel who are on deputation and who have put in 10 years of service in the Army.
- Children of APS personnel, who are directly recruited into APS who have completed 10 years of service and of those who as per their terms and conditions of service, retired from APS without reversion to P&T Department after completing their minimum pensionable service of which 10 years was in the Army.
- Children of only those members of MNS who have 10 years service as regular members of MNS or are in receipt of pension from the Army.
- Children of only those TA personnel who have completed 10 years of embodied service.
Group Discussion & Personal Interview (GD/PI)
Candidates who qualify in CAT will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview at Kolkata on merit basis Candidates will have to meet the or own travel expenses and cater for their own boarding and lodging.
The list of shortlisted candidates will be published on the website (www.aim.ac.in) during Feb 2017 The GD&PI will be conducted during last week of Mar 2017 at Kolkata. The exact dates will be published on the website and will be communicated individually through call letters Candidates are required to look into the institute’s website for dates of GD/Pl and they must not wait for call letters. The candidates will have to produce their CAT ad mot card for GD/Pl.
Selection : Selected Candidates will be intimated who will be required to deposit a sum of Rs 60,0000- through Demand Draft multi-city cheque, drawn in favour of “Director AIM” payable at Kolkata. as acceptance of offer along with the willingness certificate. The amount will be adjusted against the tuition fees. which has to be paid at the time of registration including fees first semester once the candidate is admitted.
Ensuring Eligibility is the Candidate’s Responsibility : It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite qualifications for admission. Having been called for counseling (GD/PI) does not necessarily mean acceptance of eligibility. Final eligibility for admission will be decided by the College authority at the time of counseling (GD/Pl) and also later during the scrutiny of papers by the College/ University. If a candidate is found to be ineligible at any time before or after the commencement of course. the College authority reserves the right to cancel his/her candidature without any refund of the fees/charges paid.
Relative Merit List in Case of Equal Marks : To be decided based on the CAT percentile.
The admission to AIM (2017) will be through the Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by the Indian institute of Management CAT rs the first step in the process for seeking admission to AIM. Based on the performance in CAT, candidates w,11 be called for Group Discussion & Personal Interview (GO/Pl) to be conducted by AIM at Kolkata The merit list Is drawn up based on the candidate’s performance in CAT & GO/Pl. The institute may also consider admitting students through selection process as prescribed by the affiliating University.
For complete information of AIM, Kolkata MBA Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure
If you have any queries please ask in the comments below.