Institute of Genetic Engineering (IGE) Admission 2018: Institute of Genetic Engineering (I.G.E.) established in 2003, to ensure quality teaching and research in Genetics and Biotechnology. Set up by Biotech Foundation, a trust for promoting Education, Training and Research in Genetic and Biotechnology. Institute of Genetic Engineering (IGE) has released the admission notification for the acedemic year 2018-19. Institute has recently decided to hold Common Entrance Test (CET) of the intending candidates for admission in different courses of B.Sc and M.Sc & other Courses also at affiliated Institutes/colleges during the session 2018 – 19. Get more details regarding the Admission procedure, Application process and eligibility criteria from here.
Institute of Genetic Engineering (IGE) Admission 2018
The application process for Institute of Genetic Engineering (IGE) Admission 2018 has been started from February 01, 2018 candidate are advised to apply before the last date to avoid last minute rush.
|Application Start Date||01 Feb 2018|
|Application End Date|
The institute offers admission to the following UG and PG programs:
UG Courses (Duration: 3 years)
- B. Sc in Biotechnology
- B. Sc in Genetics
- B. Sc in Microbiology
- B. Sc in Molecular Biology
- BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application)
PG Courses (Duration: 2 years)
- M. Sc in Biotechnology
- M. Sc in Genetics
- M. Sc in Microbiology
To register for admission, the candidate first downloads the Application Form from the link below. (www.ige-india.com). After furnishing the Application Form, the candidate needs to send the Admission Form along with required Processing Fees (as Demand Draft) on or before the last date.
Application form: Click Here to download the application form
official website: www.ige-india.com
Application fee: Advanced Registration Fee: Rs. 500 (Rupees Five Hundred only) [This includes Application Fee: Rs. 400 + Processing Fee: Rs. 100]
The application fee shall be paid by Demand Draft or Pay Order. Pay in favour of INSTITUTE OF GENETIC ENGINEERING, payable at Kolkata.
How to apply
STEP 1: Download the application form & get a printed copy
Application forms are available at home page of www.ige-india.com or candidate may visit to Admission section of our website to download the required form
STEP 2: Complete the Application form
- Furnish all the necessary information in application form as per candidate’s needs.
- Attach a recent passport size colored photograph.
- The candidate must put full signature in the form.
Note: Candidate must keep the photocopies of their application form and Demand Draft for any future reference if needed.
STEP 3: Documents are to be attached with application form
- Photocopy of Age Proof (Admit Card of 10TH standard or Birth Certificate).
- Photocopy of Mark Sheet/Grade Card of (10+2)/B. Sc [For pass out candidates].
- Original copy of Demand Draft / Pay Order.
STEP 4: Mail us the application form along with necessary attachments at following address via courier or post:
Institute of Genetic Engineering
30 Thakurhat Road, Badu,
Kolkata – 700128.
Note: Candidate must bring the Original copies of Age Proof certificate and Mark Sheet/Grade card for verification during counselling.
For B.Sc courses (Biotechnology / Genetics / Microbiology / Molecular Biology)
- Candidates are eligible if they are passed in every subject of 10+2 (i.e. HS or equivalent ISC, CBSE etc.) from Science Stream only and having Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics / Biology (or related Biological Science subject) subjects. *Candidates who are awaiting for their 10+2 result may also apply.
For Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)
- Candidates are eligible if they are passed in every subject of 10+2 (i.e. HS or equivalent ISC, CBSE etc.) form Science Stream only and having Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics / Biology subjects.
- Candidates who are awaiting for their 10+2 result may also apply
For M. Sc. Courses (Biotechnology / Genetics / Microbiology)
- Candidates are eligible if they are passed with minimum 40% marks in B. Sc (10+2+3) in Biological Science / Biotechnology / Chemistry / Chemical Engineering / similar and relevant subjects.
- Candidates who are awaiting for their B. Sc result may also apply.
Admission to the above mentioned programs will be done on the basis of eligibility criteria of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT) either as DIRECT by the institute or through the Common Entrance Test (CET) which will be conducted by MAKAUT for the academic year 2018 – 19.
It was also decided that the Institutes/Colleges affiliated to MAKAUT are authorized to admit candidates directly @50 percent of the intake capacity of the respective Institutes/Colleges.
Therefore this Institute is inviting applications from intending candidates of BSc and MSc who have already passed (10+2) or B. Sc examinations previously or will appear at the said examinations this year.
B.Sc courses (Biotechnology / Genetics / Microbiology / Molecular Biology)
- B. Sc in Biotechnology – 60
- B. Sc in Genetics – 30
- B. Sc in Microbiology – 30
- B. Sc in Molecular Biology – 30
Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)
- Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) – 30
M.Sc. Courses (Biotechnology / Genetics / Microbiology)
- M. Sc in Biotechnology – 30
- M. Sc in Genetics – 20
- M. Sc in Microbiology – 20
The candidate or the guardian may contact to +91 9830426016 or +91 9831095960 for any help regarding admission procedure.