Institute of Genetic Engineering (IGE) Admission 2019: Institute of Genetic Engineering (I.G.E.) established in 2003, to ensure quality teaching and research in Genetics and Biotechnology. Set up by Biotech Foundation, a trust for promoting Education, Training and Research in Genetic and Biotechnology. Institute of Genetic Engineering (IGE) has released the admission notification for the academic year 2019-20. Institute will decide to hold Common Entrance Test (CET) of the intending candidates for admission in different courses of B.Sc and M.Sc & other Courses also at affiliated Institutes/colleges during the session 2019-20. Get more details regarding the Admission procedure, Application process and eligibility criteria from here.
Institute of Genetic Engineering (IGE) Admission 2019
The application process for Institute of Genetic Engineering (IGE) Admission 2019 has been started from February 01, 2019 candidate are advised to apply before the last date to avoid last minute rush.
|Application Start Date||01 Feb 2019|
|Application End Date||31 May 2019|
To register for admission, the candidate first download the Application Form from the link below. (www.ige-india.com). After furnishing the Application Form, the candidate needs to send the Admission Form along with required Processing Fees (as Demand Draft) on or before the last date.
- Click Here to apply the Online application form for IGE UG and PG 2019.
- Click Here to make the payment for Online Application form for IGE UG and PG 2019.
- Click here to download the Offline application form for IGE UG and PG 2019.
official website: www.ige-india.com
Application fee: Advanced Registration Fee: Rs. 1000 (One thousand only).
The application fee shall be paid by Demand Draft or Pay Order. Pay in favor of INSTITUTE OF GENETIC ENGINEERING, payable at Kolkata.
How to apply
STEP 1: Download the application form & get a printed copy
Application forms are available at home page of www.ige-india.com or candidate may visit to Admission section of our website to download the required form
STEP 2: Complete the Application form
- Furnish all the necessary information in the application form as per candidate’s needs.
- Attach a recent passport size colored photograph.
- The candidate must put a full signature in the form.
Note: Candidate must keep the photocopies of their application form and Demand Draft for any future reference if needed.
STEP 3: Documents are to be attached with the application form
- Photocopy of Age Proof (Admit Card of 10TH standard or Birth Certificate).
- Photocopy of Mark Sheet/Grade Card of (10+2)/B. Sc [For pass out candidates].
- Original copy of Demand Draft / Pay Order.
STEP 4: Mail us the application form along with necessary attachments at the following address via courier or post:
Institute of Genetic Engineering
30 Thakurhat Road, Badu,
Kolkata – 700128.
Note: Candidate must bring the Original copies of Age Proof certificate and Mark Sheet/Grade card for verification during counseling.
For B.Sc courses (Biotechnology / Genetics / Microbiology / Molecular Biology)
- Candidates are eligible if they are passed in every subject of 10+2 (i.e. HS or equivalent ISC, CBSE etc.) from Science Stream only and having Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics / Biology (or related Biological Science subject) subjects. *Candidates who are waiting for their 10+2 result may also apply.
For Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)
- Candidates are eligible if they are passed in every subject of 10+2 (i.e. HS or equivalent ISC, CBSE etc.) form Science Stream only and having Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics / Biology subjects.
- Candidates who are waiting for their 10+2 result may also apply
For M. Sc. Courses (Biotechnology / Genetics / Microbiology)
- Candidates are eligible if they are passed with minimum 40% marks in B. Sc (10+2+3) in Biological Science / Biotechnology / Chemistry / Chemical Engineering / similar and relevant subjects.
- Candidates who are waiting for their B. Sc result may also apply.
Admission to the above-mentioned programs will be done on the basis of eligibility criteria of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT) either as DIRECT by the institute or through the Common Entrance Test (CET) which will be conducted by MAKAUT for the academic year 2019-20.
It was also decided that the Institutes/Colleges affiliated to MAKAUT are authorized to admit candidates directly @50 per cent of the intake capacity of the respective Institutes/Colleges.
Therefore this Institute is inviting applications from intending candidates of BSc and MSc who have already passed (10+2) or B. Sc examinations previously or will appear at the said examinations this year.
The institute offers admission to the following UG and PG programs:
UG Courses (Duration: 3 years)
- B. Sc in Biotechnology
- B. Sc in Genetics
- B. Sc in Microbiology
- B. Sc in Molecular Biology
- BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application)
PG Courses (Duration: 2 years)
- M. Sc in Biotechnology
- M. Sc in Genetics
- M. Sc in Microbiology
B.Sc courses (Biotechnology / Genetics / Microbiology / Molecular Biology)
- B. Sc in Biotechnology – 60
- B. Sc in Genetics – 30
- B. Sc in Microbiology – 30
- B. Sc in Molecular Biology – 30
Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)
- Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) – 30
M.Sc. Courses (Biotechnology / Genetics / Microbiology)
- M. Sc in Biotechnology – 30
- M. Sc in Genetics – 20
- M. Sc in Microbiology – 20
The candidate or the guardian may contact +91 9830426016 or +91 9831095960 for any help regarding admission procedure.
For more information regarding IGE UG and PG courses 2019, Download Information Brochure