Institute of Genetic Engineering (IGE) Admission 2020: IGE has released the application form for candidates who seek admission in UG and PG courses at IGE for the academic year 2020 – 21. Admissions to the programs will be done on the basis of the eligibility criteria of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT) either as direct or through the Common Entrance Test conducted by MAKAUT for the academic year 2020 – 21. Candidates have to fill up an application form to take admission in these courses. Candidates can scroll down to get more information about Institute of Genetic Engineering Admission 2020.
Latest: The application form for IGE admission 2020 is available. Scroll down to apply.
Institute of Genetic Engineering (IGE) Admission 2020
The duration of undergraduate courses offered by the Institute is 3 years while that for postgraduate courses is 2 years. Candidates can check below some important dates related to Institute of Genetic Engineering Admission 2020.
|IGE Admission 2020||Dates|
|Application Start Date||21 Nov 2019|
|Application End Date||to be announced|
IGE Admission 2020 Application form
In order to register for IGE Admission 2020, candidates need to fill up an application form from the official website ige-india.com. One can either submit the application form online or can download it and send the completed hard copy of the form to the institute. Candidates have to select their level of admission and the course opted. Candidates also have to upload all the necessary documents to avoid rejection of the application form.
Application Fee: The applicants have to pay Rs 1000 as the fee amount either online or using a Demand Draft drawn in favour of “Institute of Genetic Engineering” made payable at Kolkata. One can also pay the fee through Paytm.
How to apply?
Step 1. Download the application form the official website and get a printed copy.
Step 2. Complete the application form as per the instructions provided by the conducting body.
Step 3. Attach all the necessary documents
- Photocopy of Age Proof (Admit Card of 10th standard or Birth Certificate).
- Photocopy of Mark Sheet and Admit Card of (10+2)/B. Sc
- Recent passport size photographs – 5
- SC/ST Certificate
- Original copy of Demand Draft / Pay Order.
Step 4. Mail the application form along with necessary attachments to the following address via courier or post:
Institute of Genetic Engineering
30, Thakurhat Road, Badu
West Bengal 700128
Courses Offered at IGE
The institute offers admission to the following UG and PG programs:
UG Courses (Duration: 3 years)
- B.Sc in Biotechnology
- B.Sc in Genetics
- B.Sc in Microbiology
- B.Sc in Molecular Biology
- B.Sc in Medical Laboratory Technology
- BCA (Bachelors in Computer Application)
- BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)
PG Courses (Duration: 2 years)
- M.Sc in Biotechnology
- M.Sc in Genetics
- M.Sc in Microbiology
IGE Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check below the course wise eligibility criteria to take admission at IGE for the academic year 2020 – 21.
For B.Sc courses
- Candidates are eligible if they are passed in every subject of 10+2 (i.e. HS or equivalent ISC, CBSE etc.) from Science Stream only and having Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics / Biology (or related Biological Science subject) subjects. *Candidates who are waiting for their 10+2 result may also apply.
For Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)
- Candidates are eligible if they are passed in every subject of 10+2 (i.e. HS or equivalent ISC, CBSE etc.) from Science Stream only and having Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics / Biology subjects.
- Candidates who are waiting for their 10+2 result may also apply
For Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Candidates are eligible if they are passed in every subject of 10+2 (i.e. HS or equivalent ISC, CBSE etc.) in any stream.
- Candidates who are waiting for their 10+2 result may also apply.
For M.Sc Courses
- Candidates are eligible if they are passed with minimum 40% marks in B. Sc (10+2+3) in Biological Science / Biotechnology / Chemistry / Chemical Engineering / similar and relevant subjects.
- Candidates who are waiting for their B. Sc result may also apply.
IGE Admission 2020 Seat Intake
Candidates can check below the seat matrix for UG and PG courses at IGE.
- B.Sc in Biotechnology – 60
- B.Sc in Genetics – 30
- B.Sc in Microbiology – 30
- B.Sc in Molecular Biology – 30
- B.Sc in Medical Laboratory Technology – 60
Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) – 30
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) – 30
- M.Sc in Biotechnology – 30
- M.Sc in Genetics – 20
- M.Sc in Microbiology – 20
IGE 2020 Admission Procedure
Admission to the above-mentioned programs will be done on the basis of eligibility criteria of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT) either as DIRECT by the institute or through the Common Entrance Test (CET) which will be conducted by MAKAUT.
Therefore this Institute is inviting applications from intending candidates of BSc and MSc who have already passed (10+2) or B. Sc examinations previously or will appear at the said examinations this year.
Fee Structure for IGE Admission 2020
Candidates can check below the course wise fee structure.
For UG courses
|Courses||Total Fees in Rs.|
|BSc in Biotechnology||2,10,000|
|BSc in Genetics||2,10,000|
|BSc in Microbiology||2,10,000|
|BSc in Molecular Biology||2,10,000|
|BSc in Medical Lab Technology||2,00,000|
For PG courses
|Courses||Total Fees in Rs.|
|MSc in Biotechnology||1,70,000|
|MSc in Genetics||1,70,000|
|MSc in Microbiology||1,70,000|
Official website: ige-india.com
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.