|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
NIIT University has published the official details for eligible candidates who are interested to take the admission in B.Tech courses for the academic year 2018-2019. Candidates who are interested can fill their application form online. Candidates who are eligible as per the eligibility criteria mention here can fill their application form. The last date to fill their application form for B.Tech courses at NIIT University is January 31, 2018. Candidates are requested to read the complete information before filling the application form. Candidates can check the complete information of NIIT University B.Tech Admission 2018 like application process, eligibility criteria, admission process etc through this page below.
NIIT University B.Tech Admission 2018
Candidates seeking admission in B.Tech courses have to fill their application form online through here. All the candidates are selected on the basis of Personal Counselling Interaction.
Schedule for the NIIT University B.Tech Admission 2018 is given below.
|Application Start date||07 Nov 2017|
|Application submission deadline||EAD Round 1 – 31 Jan 2018|
|Admission Interaction Process (AIP)||Within 7 days of application submission|
|Early Registration||07 Jul 2018|
|Registration & Program Commencement||13 Jul 2018|
- ≥60% marks or equivalent in Class X in five subjects (Compulsory subjects – English, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies. The fifth subject can be indicative as per applicant’s choice.). The board can be CBSE/ICSE/any other board in India or an equivalent board if from a country outside India.
- ≥60% marks in Class XII in five subjects (Compulsory subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology (PCM/PCB) & English. The fifth subject can be indicative as per applicant’s choice.). The board can be any recognized board in India or an equivalent board if from a country outside India. In case of ISC board if an applicant has taken four subjects, aggregate of four subjects will be considered.
For complete eligibility criteria candidates have to click on the above link of Eligibility criteria mention in the Quick Link section.
NIIT University B.Tech. Admission 2018 Process
Prospective applicants seeking admissions for Engineering programmes at NIIT University have to follow the B Tech admissions procedure given below:
Step 1: Access the B Tech Admission 2017 application form.
Step 2: Submit the duly completed B Tech admission 2017 application form along with all the required documents at University address.
Step 3: Schedule your PCI (Personal Counseling Interaction) online for B Tech admissions 2017 by selecting the PCI location closest to you and the time slot most convenient for you. In case you need assistance to schedule the PCI, please contact the relevant B Tech admissions office. Personal Counseling Interaction is a unique counseling process conducted by NU for the applicants shortlisted for admissions for Engineering. This interaction between the applicants and their parents/guardians with designated officials from NU is an important prerequisite before an offer of admission is made to the applicant.
Step 4: In the absence of JEE Main/ BITSAT/ SAT/ Any State Engineering Entrance Examination Rank/ Score, the applicant will be required to appear in the NU Engineering Test (NUET).
Step 5: The eligible applicants undergo the PCI either face-to-face or through video conferencing on the day and time selected by them after completing a written questionnaire.
The following will be assessed during the PCI to decide admissions for Engineering:
- English communication skills – written & verbal
- Interest & hobbies
- Degree of self-awareness
- Out-of-the-box thinking
- Reason for the choice of stream
Step 6: All eligible applicants’ parents/guardian will be invited for an interaction with the NU panel. The interactions can be either face-to-face or through video conferencing. The parent/guardian interaction will be scheduled on the same day as the PCI. Parents/guardian interaction is mandatory before admission acceptance.
Step 7: Selected candidates should submit the Acceptance Letter for B Tech admissions 2017 duly signed by them and their parent/guardian within five working days of receiving the letter along with a non-refundable acceptance cum admission processing fee.
Step 8: Applicants should intimate their Class XII results (if not intimated along with the application form) to NU Admissions Office with the reference of the application number latest by June 6, 2017. In case the results of the Class XII examination is not announced by the board, then the applicant should inform the university admissions office of the delay and seek a written extension for submission of the Class XII results.
Step 9: In order to be eligible for B Tech admissions, candidates must submit proof (self-attested copy) of having passed the Class XII Board examination from any Indian Board or equivalent from outside India with a minimum of 60% marks at the time of submitting the application form by June 6, 2017.
Step 10: A final offer will be made via email to the selected applicants of admissions for Engineering after the PCI with the applicant and the parent/guardian interaction within 3 days after the announcement of the Class XII results or within two working days of PCI whichever is later.
Step 11: Once selected, candidates need to proceed with the B Tech admissions 2017 and enroll for the programme as follows:
- All candidates offered admission before May 24, 2017 should pay the balance applicable fee as per the preferred payment plan i.e. Semester/ Annual along with refundable interest-free security deposit by June 6, 2017. The fee can be paid by cash, through electronic transfer, or by demand draft in favour of NIIT University, payable at Gurgaon. From here their status changes from a ‘candidate’ to a ‘student’ of NU.
- Applicants who have applied after May 24, 2017, if offered admissions for Engineering, should submit the acceptance letter duly signed and pay the non-refundable acceptance cum admission processing fee along with the applicable fee (as per the selected payment plan of Semester/Annual) and interest-free, refundable security deposit. The fee can be paid by cash, through electronic transfer, or by demand draft in favour of NIIT University, payable at Gurgaon within 5 working days from the receipt of offer letter of RAD sent to the student via SMS, email and courier.
Step 12: Students who have secured B Tech admissions 2017 have to join the University campus on July 13th/ 14th, 2017 & start with the “RESONANCE” programme and complete the first registration formalities including verification of original mark-sheets of Class X and XII. The session commences on July 15, 2017.