Periyar University has published official notification for eligible candidates for admission into the following Postgraduate Programmes at PG Extension Centre, Dharmapuri of the academic year 2017-2018. Candidates who are eligible can fill their Application Form before the last date. Candidates can check the complete information of Periyar University PG Admission 2017 like application filling process, eligibility criteria, selection process etc through this page below.
Periyar University PG Admission 2017
Candidates can fill their Application Form for Periyar University PG Admission 2017 for admission into various courses for the year 2017-2018. Applications must be complete in all aspects. Incomplete applications are liable to be rejected without any intimation. Admission to Master’s Degree programmes are based on the marks obtained in both the qualifying examinations and the entrance examination.
Schedule for Periyar University PG Admission 2017 is given below.
|Last date for submission of filled in Application Form||18 May 2017|
|Date of Entrance Test for PG Programmes||25 May 2017|
Periyar University PG Admission 2017 Eligibility Criteria
For MBA Course
- MBA (Two Year) – Any Degree with minimum of 50% Marks and TANCET 2017/MAT 2017/CAT 2017/PRIMS Entrance Exam or any other equivalent admission test score. Group discussion and Personal Interview.
- Executive MBA (Two Years) – MBA Programme for working executives / professionals. Duration: 15 Month Course. Any Degree and Industrial / Academic working experience of minimum 2 years.
For MCA Courses
- MCA (Three Years) – A pass in any recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration in 10+2+3/4 pattern in any discipline with Mathematics as a subject at 10 +2 level or any recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration in 10+2+3 years pattern in any discipline with Mathematics or Statistics as a course.
- MCA Lateral Entry (Two years) – A pass in a recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration with 10+2+3 pattern in B.C.A. B.Sc. (Information Technology/Computer Science) with Mathematics as a subject at 10 +2 level with at least 50% ( 45% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying Degree examinations.
For M.Ed. (Two years) Courses
- B.Ed./ B.A., B.Ed./B.Sc. B.Ed./B.EI.Ed./D.EI.Ed. with an undergraduate degree (with 50% of marks in each) For SC/ST Communities,45% Marks.
For M.A, M.Sc & M.Com Courses
Admission to Master’s Degree programmes are based on the marks obtained in both the qualifying examinations and the entrance examination.
The number of seats are limited in the programmes offered by the Departments. Selection is based on merit and the communal roster system of the Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
The term grading system indicates a seven point scale of evaluation of the performance of students in terms of marks, grade points, letter grade and class as given below.
For M.Ed Programme
For Executive MBA Programme
For M.A. / M.Sc. / M.Com Programme