Periyar University has released the application form for eligible candidates for admission into various Postgraduate Programmes for the academic year 2019-2020. Candidates who are eligible can now fill their Application Form before the last date. Candidates can check the complete information of Periyar University PG Admission 2019 like application filling process, eligibility criteria, selection process, etc through this page below.
Periyar University PG Admission 2019
Candidates can fill their Application Form for Periyar University PG Admission 2019 for admission into various PG courses for the year 2019-2020. Applications must be complete in all aspects, Incomplete applications are liable to be rejected without any intimation. Admission to Master’s Degree programmes is based on the marks obtained in both the qualifying examinations and the entrance examination.
Schedule for Periyar University PG Admission 2019 is given below.
|Last date for submission of filled in Application Form||17 May 2019|
|Date of Entrance Test for PG Programmes||29 May 2019|
- M.Sc. Mathematics
- M.Sc. Physics
- M.Sc. Chemistry
- M.Sc. Biotechnology
- M.Sc. Microbiology
- M.Sc. Zoology
- M.Sc. Botany
- M.Sc. Computer Science
- M.A. Tamil
- M.A. English
- M. Ed.
Periyar University PG Admission 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria provided below is as per last year and is for reference purpose only.
For MBA Course
- MBA (Two Year) – Any Degree with a minimum of 50% Marks and Entrance Exam or any other equivalent admission test score. Group discussion and Personal Interview.
For MCA Courses
- MCA (Three Years) – A pass in any recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration in 10+2+3/4 pattern in any discipline with Mathematics as a subject at 10 +2 level or any recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration in 10+2+3 years pattern in any discipline with Mathematics or Statistics as a course.
- MCA Lateral Entry (Two years) – A pass in a recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration with 10+2+3 pattern in B.C.A. B.Sc. (Information Technology/Computer Science) with Mathematics as a subject at 10 +2 level with at least 50% ( 45% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying Degree examinations.
For M.Ed. (Two years) Courses
- B.Ed./ B.A., B.Ed./B.Sc. B.Ed./B.EI.Ed./D.EI.Ed. with an undergraduate degree (with 50% of marks in each)
- For SC/ST Communities,45% Marks.
For M.A, M.Sc & M.Com Courses
Admission to Master’s Degree programmes are based on the marks obtained in both the qualifying examinations and the entrance examination. The number of seats is limited in the programmes offered by the Departments. Selection is based on merit and the communal roster system of the Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
The term grading system indicates a seven-point scale of evaluation of the performance of students in terms of marks, grade points, letter grade and class as given below. Keep in mind that this information is previous year based as soon as the official information is released it will be updated here.
Based on last year information brochure….
For M.Ed Programme
For Executive MBA Programme
For M.A. / M.Sc. / M.Com Programme
Official Website: www.periyaruniversity.ac.in
Click here to check this year Admission Notification.