CIMP PGDM Admission 2019 through CAT Score – The residential two-year full-time Post Graduate Diploma in Management prepares students for careers in various industries. The programme is designed to enhance the problem solving and decision-making abilities of participants and create awareness of the socio-economic environment. CIMP students are exposed to latest developments in management discipline. During the first year of the programme, students learn basic concepts in the areas of Business Communication, Finance & Accounting, Marketing, Systems, Organizational Behaviour, Human Resource Management and Operations & Quantitative Techniques. These core courses help the students in building a sound foundation in various functional areas. The programme offers a pool of electives in the Second Year in various functional areas of management such as marketing, finance, human resources, and operations.
CIMP Patna PGDM Admission 2019
Eligible candidates appearing for CAT 2018 and planning to take admission to 2-year full-time Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) of the Institute for the session 2019-21 can apply online or submit filled-in and duly signed application forms to the Admission’s Office of CIMP. All the detail regarding Chandragupt Institute of Management (CIMP) Patna PGDM Admission 2019 like application process, eligibility criteria etc given on this page below.
Schedule for the CIMP PGDM Admission 2019 is given below.
|The issue of application form starts||1st week of October 2018|
|Sale of Application Form and Admission Brochure ends|
|Last date for Submission of application form|
|Dates for GD/PI in Patna||To be announced|
|Final offer of admission||The third week of April 2018|
Application Form 2019
Candidates can fill their Application Form for admission into Post Graduate Diploma Management programme from the direct link provided below. Application can be filled as per the prescribed date mention in above table. Candidate are requested to read all the instruction carefully before filling the application form. Application forms and Admission Brochure can be obtained from the Institute during the period of 1st week of October 2018 to February 10, 2018. The forms will also be available at counters of CIMP on all working days. Candidates may submit the Application Form at the CIMP counter by hand or by post.
- Cost of an Application Form is Rs. 500/- (Rs. 200/- for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Backward Caste (BC) and Differently Abled (DA)* candidates).
Instruction for Filling the Application Form
- IMP Admission Brochure can be downloaded from the website www.cimp.ac.in
- The application form is available at http://registration.cimp.ac.in or CIMP campus.
- Cost of an Application Form is Rs.500/- (or Rs.200/- for SC/ST candidates).
- The admission fee can be paid by Cash or Credit Card/ Debit Card/Bank Transfer through the designated payment gateway.
- Payment can also be made by Demand Draft, drawn in favour of Chandragupt Institute of Management Patna, payable at Patna, giving CIMP Application Registration number on the reverse of the Demand Draft. In the absence of the above information, the application will be treated as incomplete and liable to be rejected. All payments by Demand Draft are to be sent to CIMP.
- Applications complete in all respects, including application fees, should be submitted direct / online. Incomplete forms are liable to be rejected summarily.
The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), and Differently Abled (DA*) categories], from any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. If selected, such candidates will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if he/she submits a certificate latest by June 30, 2019 from the Principal/Registrar of his/her College/Institute (issued on or before June 30, 2019) stating that the candidate has completed all the formalities/requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of certificate.
Prospective candidates must maintain a valid email account and consistent phone number throughout the selection process. CIMP will not be responsible for non-delivery of messages if the email address and phone number provided by the candidate in the application form are invalid/changed later.
Applicants should note that mere fulfilment of minimum eligibility criteria may not ensure consideration for shortlisting by CIMP. CIMP will not entertain any correspondence on this subject and decisions of the CIMP Admissions Committee will be final in all matters.
*DA also referred to as Persons with Disability (PWD)
The institute follows reservation policy as prescribed by the Government of Bihar for educational institutions. The break-up of reservation policy is as follows:
- General Category – 50%,
- SC – 16%,
- ST – 01%,
- EBC – 18%
- BC – 12%,
- Women of BC – 3%.
Amongst all the categories, 50% of the total seats would be reserved for students who qualify as a Domicile of Bihar (permanent residents only) and 3% of the total seats for Persons with Disability (PWD).
Admission to the PGDM programme is through the Common Admission Test (CAT 2018), Xavier Aptitude Test ( XAT 2019) and Common Management Admission Test (CMAT 2019). Selection of the candidates for admission to the 2019-21 batch will be a three-step process:
- Shortlisting of the candidates will be done on the basis of Test scores (CAT 2018, XAT 2019, and CMAT 2019) and criteria like the previous academic record and relevant work
- Shortlisted candidates would be called to attend a Writing Ability Test (WAT), Group
Discussion (GD) & Personal Interview (PI) during March 2019. Applicants will be informed
about the GD / PI schedule through emails/phone.
- The final merit list would be prepared after considering weighted scores of various
components like the Academic record, Test score, Work experience, and Performance in
Writing Ability Test, Group Discussion & Personal Interview. Final offer of admission would
be declared in the first week of April 2019
Total fee for the programme for the year 2019-21 is Rs. 6.45 lakhs which is excluding Mess and Hostel charges. All students are expected to bring their own laptops.
|S.No.||Particulars||Pre-Admission||First Year Fees
(amounts & due dates)
|Second Year Fees
(amounts & due dates)
|Term I||Term II||Term III||Term IV||TermV||TermVI||Total|
|A||Offer Acceptance Fee||15000||15000|
|C||Programme Fee (PGDM)||105000||105000||105000||105000||105000||105000||630000|
|D||Specialisation Fee for IBM Business Analytics Certification||30000||30000||30000||90000|
- Total Programme Fee (in Words): Six Lakhs Forty Five Thousand only.
- Hostel, Food and Books: As Applicable.
Official website: www.cimp.ac.in.
For more details about CIMP Patna PGDM Admission 2019- Download Brochure.