Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Admission 2018 – Institute of Management Technology (IMT) has issued a notification for admission 2018 for management programmes. MBA Admission 2018 in IMT Ghaziabad, Nagpur, Dubai and Hyderabad campuses will be done on the basis of scores obtained in MBA entrance exams. CAT, XAT & GMAT scores are being accepted for the admission process. Details of MBA/ PGDM admission 2018 in IMT Ghaziabad, Nagpur, Dubai and Hyderabad campuses are given here. Courses offered are full time PGDM, MBA and PGDM (dual country) programs, 15-month PGDM Executive and 3-year PGDM part time programs.
IMT Admission 2018
Interested candidates can submit the application forms for IMT Admission 2018 as per the schedule given below. The IMT application form 2018 is available on the University website. The candidates are advised to visit the website frequently for updated information.
Schedule for IMT Admission 2018 is given below.
|Admission Notification – PGDM and MBA
(Ghaziabad, Nagpur, Dubai, and Hyderabad Campuses)
|03 Sep 2017|
|Online Common Application Opens Phase I||03 Sep 2017|
|Online Common Application Closes Phase I||24 Nov 2017|
|Online Common Application Opens Phase II||08 Jan 2018|
|Counselling and Information Session I-Kolkata||27 Jan 2018|
|Counselling and Information Session I- Mumbai & Bangalore||28 Jan 2018|
|Counselling and Information Session I-Ghaziabad||03 Feb 2018|
|Shortlisting for Selection Process (CT–GE–PI*)||First Week of February 2018|
|Selection Process (CT–GE–PI) at Ghaziabad, Nagpur, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Bangalore, and Kolkata||February 2018|
|Declaration of Results||Mid-March 2018|
|Counselling and Information Session II||End of March 2018|
|Release of Waitlist (if need be)||Second Week of April 2018|
To apply to IMT, an applicant must complete the online ‘Application Form‘. There is one Common ‘Application Form‘ for all four campuses – IMT Ghaziabad, IMT Nagpur, IMT Hyderabad and IMT Dubai (August 2018 intake).
In the ‘Application Form‘ the candidate must provide educational qualifications, contact details, etc. and at least one of the following: ID for CAT-2017 OR ID for XAT-2018 OR ID for GMAT OR Roll-No for CMAT-2018*. IMT Ghaziabad will be accepting CAT OR XAT OR GMAT scores. IMT Nagpur and Hyderabad will be accepting CAT OR XAT OR GMAT OR CMAT scores. The applicant is required to fill the IDs of the entire test score he/she wishes to submit.
Note:- *CMAT-2017 test will be considered for IMT Nagpur and IMT Hyderabad Campus Only.
After completing the form, the applicant can make payment by following options:
For Application Fee by Demand Draft:
- Application form is available at www.imt.edu and must be submitted online. IMT does not accept off-line applications.
- Applicant should complete the online application form and submit the same along with the applicable admission fee which is non-refundable.
- Candidates tendering application fee by Bank Demand Draft must have Demand Draft made before filling the Online Application since Demand Draft details are to be entered during filling of Application Form. Demand Draft is of Rs. 2000/- (Rs. Two Thousand only) drawn in favor of “Institute of Management Technology” payable at Ghaziabad or Delhi.
- Please mention your Name, Application No. and Mobile No on the reverse side of the Demand Draft.
- After successful submission of Application Form, a copy of the submitted Application Form containing ‘Tear-off’ sheet will be displayed to take the printout. You are required to send the signed Tear-Off sheet after pasting your recent photograph along-with the Demand Draft to the address mentioned on Tear-off sheet. Candidates should keep the remaining portion of the printout for their future reference.
- Application Form status can be checked on IMT Admissions Portal once the Tear-Off sheet along with the Demand Draft is received at IMT.
For Application Fee by Credit/ Debit Card/ Net Banking:
- The application fee of Rs 2000/- plus taxes as applicable can be paid by Credit card / Debit Card / Net Banking option available on the portal.
- On successful online payment, Application Form Number is displayed to the candidate. Please note down the Application Number for the future reference. Candidates also have the option to take the print-out of the submitted Application Form for their future reference.
- Once the Application Fee is received, Application Form status can be checked on IMT Admissions Portal.
- If you are making payment online, no need to send the printout of the Application Form.
Applicants for all IMT PGDM and MBA programs must have a minimum three-year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with minimum 50 percent aggregate marks in any discipline. Applicants who are appearing for the final-year degree examination can also apply, subject to submission of all mark sheets and pass certificate to IMT’s Academic Program office at a later date. Failing to do so will result in admission being cancelled.
To apply for IMT Ghaziabad’s two year PGDM program, applicants must be registered for CAT-2017 OR XAT-2018 OR have taken/taking the GMAT (January 1, 2014 – February 28, 2018). In the case of the candidates applying on the basis of GMAT and score is not provided, processing of application will be provisional, subject to IMT receiving the official GMAT score on or before March 15, 2018.
IMT Nagpur and IMT Hyderabad:
To apply for IMT Nagpur and Hyderabad’s 2 year PGDM program, applicants must be registered for CAT-2017 OR XAT-2018 OR CMAT-2018* test OR have taken the GMAT (1st January 2014 – February 28, 2018). In case of the candidate(s) applying on the basis of GMAT and score is not provided, processing of application will be provisional, subject to IMT receiving the official GMAT score on or before March 15, 2018.
Note: CMAT-2018* test will be considered for IMT Nagpur and IMT Hyderabad Campus ONLY.
IMT shortlists applicants on basis of best score among the above mentioned tests.
Applicants for the MBA program at IMT Dubai must have an undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree) from an accredited university with a CGPA of 3.0 and above on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent (50%+ overall average).
Applicants whose native language is not English are required to take an English Proficiency Test. The minimum required score for TOEFL is 550 (paper-based) and 80(internet based) or an IELTS band of 6.0.
IMT will conduct the CT-GE-PI process in February 2018 for shortlisted candidates from the IMT Common Application form for its final selection process. The process has the below three components:
I. The Critical Thinking Test
After arrival and registration of the shortlisted candidates, there will be a 30 minute long Critical Thinking Test, which will evaluate the candidate on three parameters – critical thinking, written communication skills and innovation & creativity.
II. Group Exercise
After the critical thinking test, the candidates will be formed into small groups and will perform a Group Exercise. The group will be given a problem to solve or a task to perform, which they must do together with discussion among group members. For instance, they might be asked to do a short case study, solve a puzzle, or solve a business problem. This will take approximately 30 minutes and will evaluate the candidate on four parameters – contribution of ideas, leadership potential, interpersonal skills and communication & attitude.
III. Personal Interview
After the Group Exercise, the candidate will have a personal interview of approximately 15 minutes, during which he/she will be evaluated on four parameters: academic orientation, communication skills, versatility (extra-curricular activities / general awareness), as well as values & maturity. Candidates With work experience will be additionally evaluated on the relevance of their work experience in relation to the PGDM program.
The final merit of the candidate will be a cumulative weighted average which has the Academic Scores, Work Experience and the scores obtained during the CT-GE-PI process.
Both merit and campus score cut offs will be the basis of selection for IMT campuses, i.e. Ghaziabad, Nagpur, Hyderabad and Dubai