Anna University DEET 2019 – Anna University has released notification for admission to the MBA, MCA, M.Sc. (Computer Science) Programmes through Distance mode. The application form for MBA, MCA, M.Sc. (Computer Science) Programmes is available now. Candidates can fill the form from direct link is given below. Anna University conducts Distance Education Entrance Test (DEET) for admission to MBA, MCA courses for the Calender year 2019 Batch. Separate Entrance Tests will be conducted for admission to MBA and MCA Degree Programmes. There is no Entrance Test for admission to M.Sc. Degree Programme. Distance Education Entrance Test (DEET) is conducted twice in a year, i.e. Academic Year (AY) Batch and Calendar Year (CY) Batch. DEET scores are valid for one year only. The complete detail of Anna University DEET 2019 such as application form, eligibility criteria, selection process etc. on this page.
Anna University Distance Education Entrance Test (DEET) 2019
Eligible candidates can apply online for Anna University DEET 2019 as per the schedule. Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before applying for Anna University DEET 2019 – Distance Education Entrance Test which is available on the official website or on this page.
|Application Pre-view form in the study centre and alteration or correction||18 Jan 2019|
|The last date for payment of Examination Fees by the students to the Study Centre||02 Feb 2019|
|Last date for Registration through online (MBA / MCA)||17 Feb 2019|
|Last date of receipt of Completed Applications (MBA / MCA)||19 Feb 2019|
|Last date for Registration through online M.Sc (CS)||13 Mar 2019|
|Last date of receipt of Completed Applications M.Sc (CS)||13 Mar 2019|
|Date of Entrance Test (DEET) (MBA / MCA)||24 Feb 2019 (10:00 AM To 12:00 NOON)|
|Entrance Test Result||to be announced|
|Tentative date of Counselling for admission||March 2019|
|Tentative Contact Classes||First week of April|
Notice: Click here to check the notification for payment of examination fees.
Application form can be filled on the official website “www.annauniv.edu”. Candidates can also use the direct link provided below to apply for DEET 2019. The hardcopy of the completed application along with the demand draft for Rs 650/- drawn in favour of “The Director, Centre for Distance Education, Anna University” payable at Chennai should be sent to “The Director, Centre for Distance Education, Anna University , Chennai – 600025 on or before the date specified in the schedule. Please write your Name, Communication Address, Application Number and Mobile Number on the reverse of the Demand Draft.
Steps for Online Registration
Click here to check the registration guideline for the Anna University DEET 2019.
- The present list of Study Centres is available at Univesity web site. Study Centres will be operated in the cities where there are sufficient number of candidates.
- Candidates who have appeared / appearing for the final year / semester exams are also eligible to apply for admission but they have to produce a copy of the relevant Provisional / Degree Certificate at the time of admission, along with other documents.
- The list of Study Centres shall be known at the time of admission.
The following Certificates are to be enclosed with the application (Originals should not be enclosed)
- Demand Draft (Rs.650/-) for Online application
- Self Attested copies of the following Certificates:
- SSLC Mark Sheet
- HSC Mark Sheet
- Diploma Certificate (if applicable)
- Consolidated Mark Sheet / Mark sheets of all the semesters of the UG Degree Programme
- UG Provisional Certificate (those who have passed out during 2018).
- UG Degree Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- TANCET 2018 Mark Sheet (if applicable)
- First Page of Bank pass book containing account no, name of the account holder, name of the bank & branch, IFSC code .Bank Account Should be in the name of the candidate only.
- Two passport size photograph to be affixed at allotted placesAdmit Card
- Note: Originals should not be enclosed.
Anna University will be issued admit card to the candidates who have applied for Distance Education Entrance Test (DEET) for admission to MBA/MCA degree programme through distance mode on the official website. Candidates can download their Admit card/Hall Ticket by entering “Registration Number” and “Date of Birth”. The link for downloading admit card will be provided below.
Candidates for admission to the first Semester of the Master’s Degree Programmes shall be required to have passed an appropiate Bachelor Degree Examination of a recognized University as specified hereunder or any other examination of any recognized University or authority accepted by the shyoydicate of Anna University as equivalent thereto.
|PG Programme||Education Qualifications|
|MBA||A pass in any Bachelor Degree.*
Clearance of Distance Education Entrance Test (DEET) Conducted by Anna University / TANCET 2018(MBA).
* The Bachelor Degree must have been obtained through 10+2+3 pattern.
|MCA||A pass in any Bachelor Degree* with Mathematics/Statistics as one of the subjects at the degree level or Any Degree* with Mathematics as one of the subject at plus two level.
(ii) Clearance of Distance Education Entrance Test (DEET) Conducted by Anna University / TANCET 2018(MCA).
* The Bachelor Degree must have been obtained through 10+2+3 pattern
|M.Sc.||A pass in any Bachelor Degree.*
Any Degree* with Mathematics/Statistics as one of the subjects at the degree level or Any Degree* with Mathematics as one of the subject at plus two level.
* The Bachelor Degree must have been obtained through 10+2+3 pattern
- *The Bachelor Degree must have been obtained through 10+2+3 pattern.
- Candidate who can produce either Provisional or Degree Certificate and all semester Mark Sheets at the time of admission can only apply.
- Those who have obtained their U.G Degree by undergoing the course in “Off campus”system are not eligible.
- Those who have recently enrolled themselves for some other Programme and undergoing the Programme are not eligible
Eligibility of AMIE Candidates
Candidates with AMIE or similar qualification awarded by Professional Institutes approved by MHRD are also eligible for admission to MBA/MCA Degree Programme, if they have two years of experience after obtaining AMIE or similar Degree.
Clearance of Entrance Test (DEET) conducted by the CDE, Anna University, Chennai / TANCET 2018 is mandatory.
Eligibility of TANCET Candidates
Candidates who have written the TANCET is also eligible for admission to distance mode. TANCET score is valid for one year from the date of Examination otherwise candidate have to appear for DEET for admission. Admission will be based on the merit order among the TANCET candidates.
Entrance Test & Evaluation Scheme
The question paper will contain 100 objectives type questions to be answered in 2 hours. Each question will have four alternative answers. Candidate has to choose the most appropriate answer and has to shade the choice of the answer in the box against each question.While evaluating the answers, one mark is awarded for each correct answer. Wrong answers will be considered to break the tie.
Syllabi for Entrance Test
MBA: The question paper will be designed to test the capability of the candidates in the following areas.
- Data Analysis
- Comprehension Skill
- Basic Quantitative Ability
- Written English
MCA: The question paper will be designed to test the capability of the candidates in the following areas.
- Quantitative Ability
- Analytical Reasoning
- Logical Reasoning
- Computer Awareness
- Verbal Activity, Basic Science, etc.
As far as possible the option of candidates for the Test Centre will be considered. However, the authority for the allotment of Centre for the Test is vested with the CDE, Anna University and it is final. Entrance Test for MCA will be conducted at Chennai only.
|Sl. No.||Entrance Test Centre for MBA|
|Sl. No.||Entrance Test Centre for MCA|
Selection & Admission Process
Candidates who are provisionally eligible for admission will be informed through counselling call letter based on their rank obtained in the DEET/TANCET. Candidates or their authorized representative should attend the counseling with all original certificates with Demand Draft towards 1st semester fee.
- Selection is based on the marks in the Entrance Test (DEET Rank) / TANCET 2018.
- Based on the rank Study Centre/Specialization will be provisionally allotted through counseling as per the choice of the candidates subject to availability of seats.
The result will be announced after the entrance exam. All the Candidates who will Successfully Qualified the exam have to go through a counselling process. Candidates can check the result and counselling details from the official website OR through the direct link which will be provided below.
Candidates can check the fee details for Anna University DEET 2019 MBA/MCA courses is given below:
Official website: http://cde.annauniv.edu