Annamalai University has released notification from the eligible candidates for admission into the available seats in the Engineering programmes for the academic year 2017-18. Candidates may apply online from the official website www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in. Candidates can check the complete information of Annamalai University (AU) Engineering Admission 2017 application process, eligibility criteria and other information through this page below.
Latest: – Annamalai University has released Random Number. Check the link below.
Annamalai University (AU) Engineering Admission 2017
Candidates seeking admission in Bachelor in Engineering (B.E) Degree Programmes have to fill their application online from the official website www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in as per schedule mention below. The selection of candidates will be based on the marks obtained in the prescribed subjects reduced to 200 (Mathematics – 100; Physics + Chemistry – 100) in the qualifying examination.
Schedule for the Annamalai University (AU) Engineering Admission 2017 is given below.
|Online Registration commences from||08 May 2017|
|Last date for Online Registration of Application form||31 May 2017|
|Last date for receipt of downloaded online application with enclosure||31 May 2017 (05:30 PM)|
AU Engineering 2017 Random Number
Annamalai University has released Random No. for Engineering Admission 2017, to check the same kindly go through the link provided below.
- To Check Random Number – Click here
AU Engineering 2017 Application Form
Application form for admission into MCA Programme can be filled online on or before the last date of application. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other conditions before filling online application. Candidates can also fill their application from the direct link provided below.
- Rs. 800/- for Others
- Rs. 400/- (for SC/SCA/ST)
A candidate needs to submit only one application. Candidates seeking admission under special reservation should also enclose special reservation form(s)/ certificates, if applicable along with the main application as per the instructions given in Eligibility Criteria.
The filled in Online application should be downloaded and sent with all the enclosures either by speed / Registered post or in person to
Tamil Nadu – 608002
The candidates shall ensure that the completed online application form with all particulars and enclosures reaches the Annamalai University within the date and time specified. Applications received by Speed post/ courier or any other means, after the last date & time will not be accepted irrespective of the date of booking. The University shall not be responsible for any delay in the receipt or for the loss in transit of application form etc.,
Candidates satisfying the eligibility conditions given below as on the last date of submission of application are eligible to apply. The candidates passing the qualifying examination after the last date of submission of application shall not be considered.
- Candidate should be a Citizen of India.
- Overseas citizens of India who are registered under section 7A of the Citizenship Act 1955 (Central Act 57 of 1955) are eligible to apply for B.E. Degree Programmes subject to the production of proof of such registration.
Candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu candidates who have passed VIII, IX, X, XI & XII Std. in TamilNadu, are eligible to apply. They need not enclose the “Nativity Certificate”
- Tamil Nadu native candidates who have passed any of the VIII, IX, X, XI & XII Std. or their equivalent examination from schools situated outside Tamil Nadu can also apply. They should enclose a copy of the “Nativity Certificate” only in electronic Form / Digitally Signed e-Certificate.
- Children of Central Government Employees may also apply for admission, irrespective of their native, provided their parents or guardians (only if both parents are not alive) have been serving in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past FIVE YEARS at the time of submission of application which should be supported by enclosing a certificate from the employer of the parent or guardian, to that effect.
- Sons and daughters of All India Service Tamil Nadu Cadre Officers are eligible to apply.
- Children of Employees in Public Sector or Government recognized Institutions who at the time of submission of application for admission employed in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past five years may also apply, irrespective of their domicile, provided a certificate from the employer is enclosed along with the application that the person is a Permanent Employee of the Firm or Institution concerned with evidence like Income Tax return, PF Slip, etc. and is working in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past FIVE YEARS.
- Other State candidates who have studied VIII, IX, X, XI & XII Std. in Tamil Nadu, are eligible to apply. They need not enclose the “Nativity Certificate”.
- Applications without proper Nativity Certificate for category (ii) and without proper employer certificate for categories (iii) and (v) will not be considered.
- Tamil Nadu native candidates alone will be considered for communal reservation. Others will be considered under “Open Competition”.
Other State Candidates who have not studied VIII, IX, X, XI & XII from Tamil Nadu.
Other State Candidates who have not studied VIII, IX, X, XI & XII from Tamil Nadu can also apply. However, their selection will subject to following conditions.
- Irrespective of the category, they will be considered only under open competition
- They will be considered after exhausting all the candidates from Tamil Nadu.
Qualifying Examinations and Eligibility
A pass in the HSC (Academic) or its equivalent with a minimum average percentage in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together as given below.
A pass in any one of the HSC (Vocational Subject) as given below with any one of the Engineering related subjects, namely Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry with a minimum average percentage put together as given below:
- When the candidates produce grade certificates, they have to produce the actual marks also otherwise only the minimum marks applicable to the grades in the eligible subjects (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Fourth Optional Subject) will be taken into account.
- For minimum eligibility rounding of marks and normalised marks will not be considered.
Courses & Seat Intake
|Civil and Structural Engineering||60|
|Mechanical Engineering (Manufacturing)||120|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||60|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||60|
|Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering||120|
|Computer Science and Engineering||120|
Allocation of Seats
Selection shall be made under seven categories, namely OC, BC, BC(Muslim), MBC/DNC, SC, SCA and ST, following the rules of reservation of the Government of Tamil Nadu as follows:
- Open Competition (OC) – 31.00%
- Backward Class (BC) – 26.50%
- Backward Class Muslim (BCM) – 3.50%
- Most Backward Class/Denotified Communities (MBC/DNC) – 20.00%
- Scheduled Caste (SC) – 15.00%
- Scheduled Caste (SC – Arunthathiyar) – 3.00%
- Scheduled Tribes (ST) – 1.00%
3% of the total seats available are reserved for differently abled persons as per norms laid down by the Government.
Admission to General Category
The selection of candidates will be based on the marks obtained in the prescribed subjects reduced to 200 (Mathematics – 100; Physics + Chemistry – 100) in the qualifying examination.
Normalisation of Marks and Inter-se Merit
As per Tamil Nadu Acts No. 3 of 2007, dt: 05.03.2007 and G.O. (Ms) No. 77 HE (J2) Dept, dt: 05.04.2007, the marks obtained by the students in the relevant subjects in the qualifying examination conducted by various Boards or Authority shall be equated with the marks obtained by the students in the same subjects in the qualifying examination conducted by the State Board of Tamil Nadu by adopting the method of normalisation.
A merit list will be prepared based on the total marks out of 200. In cases where more than one candidate have got the same marks in the common merit list, the inter-se merit among such candidates shall be determined in the order of priority as specified below.
- Percentage of marks in Mathematics
- Percentage of marks in Physics
- Percentage of marks in the fourth optional subject
- Date of Birth (elder will be given preference)
- Random number assigned (higher value will be given preference).
The overall rank and community wise rank lists will be published on the website of Annamalai University http://www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in. No separate announcement will be made in the Newspapers. The candidates will also be informed of their rank individually by post through the counselling call letter.
- Counselling will be held at the Administrative Office, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar, Chidambaram.
- Counselling Schedule will be available on the website. Candidates will be called for counselling in the order of their merit.
- Counselling for the special category will be held before the general counselling.
- Counselling Fee:Candidates have to pay a Counselling fee of Rs. 2000/- (Rs. 500/- for SC/SCA/ST Candidates) by cash or DD in favour of “The Registrar, Annamalai University” payable at Chennai at the time of counselling. The counselling fee is not refundable.
- Option once exercised during counselling will be final and cannot be changed.
- Candidates who fail to attend the counselling at the specified date and time in a particular phase of counselling will forfeit their right to admission on that phase.
- Eligible candidates who have applied may appear for counselling according to their merit list, one hour before the counselling session along with their original certificates for verification, irrespective of receipt of individual communication.
- The date, time and venue for counselling will be intimated to the candidates, through Annamalai University website. No change of date/time of counselling is permissible. University authorities are not responsible for any postal delay; or non receipt of intimation for counselling. Candidates who do not attend counselling will forego the claim for admission.
- Due to unforeseen reasons, if a candidate could not attend the Counselling on the specified date and time, he/she can authorize his/her parent on his/her behalf and the parent’s decision will be binding on the candidate. The authorization letter must be in the prescribed format.
- If a candidate could not attend the counselling on the specified date and time, he/she can attend on a subsequent time/date, during the counselling period. But the candidate will be offered a seat only if it is available, at the time in the respective category. However such candidates
cannot claim a seat as per original seniority in the merit list.
- After allotment of all seats in various categories the applicants, who have paid the requisite counselling fee but did not get admission will be placed in the waiting list in the order of their merit and in case vacancies arise at a later stage, due to non-joining of selected candidates or for any other reasons they will be admitted in the order of merit by following the rule of reservation.
- If ranking of a candidate is changed due to re-totalling/revaluation of mark, he/she can attend counselling as per the new mark and rank, though the call letter specifies different date (as per original mark).
- At the time of admission, the candidate and the parent/ guardian (in case both the parents are not alive) should execute a joint declaration.
For more detail of AU Engineering Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure.